***Online Dating Support Thread***

Convert to what?

I was JUST typing the same thing. Interested to see the response, I was in a situation like this before, but with my ex-fiancee.

From Christian to People of Africa:look:
I asked what is that about he got all offended. Gave a deadline date.And was like ask somebody else about the religion AFRICA. I googled and only generic information came up.
Anybody out here know about it?????? Not because I'm changing. I'm just curious......

From Christian to People of Africa:look:
I asked what is that about he got all offended. Gave a deadline date.And was like ask somebody else about the religion AFRICA. I googled and only generic information came up.
Anybody out here know about it?????? Not because I'm changing. I'm just curious......

WTH? haha. This guy is cray cray!

It was going sooooooooooooooo well until this mess. :lol: I was like convert.:huh:
He asked me to wait to decide until I attend a service. After the service the rules are explained in detail. It's somewhere in Norcross on Sat & Suns.
Just don't drink the water there...

On a positive note seems like he wants something leading to marriage.:lol:

The horrible happened,

I went to a networking event yesterday, a gentleman approached me and said to me" do I know you from somewhere?" Jokingly I replied "it's possible there's 2 degrees of separation in the black professional network." He looks and looks then says oh, "aren't you the girl I messaged on Match who never got back to me. I felt llike hiding in a corner. It was just uncomfortable for me, very uncomfortable. Yes, I'm not comfortable with being recognized as a woman on a dating website. I immediately went home and hid my profile.

The horrible happened,

I went to a networking event yesterday, a gentleman approached me and said to me" do I know you from somewhere?" Jokingly I replied "it's possible there's 2 degrees of separation in the black professional network." He looks and looks then says oh, "aren't you the girl I messaged on Match who never got back to me. I felt llike hiding in a corner. It was just uncomfortable for me, very uncomfortable. Yes, I'm not comfortable with being recognized as a woman on a dating website. I immediately went home and hid my profile.

srsly? wow.. maybe online dating just isnt for you if you're that humiliated by it.

i've been recognized once or twice irl from a dating site. the only time it was slightly uncomfortable was bc other ppl were around and this guy was obscenely drunk. i was in the middle of downtown during the letout and this guy is talkin about knowing me from plentyoffish.

srsly? wow.. maybe online dating just isnt for you if you're that humiliated by it.

i've been recognized once or twice irl from a dating site. the only time it was slightly uncomfortable was bc other ppl were around and this guy was obscenely drunk. i was in the middle of downtown during the letout and this guy is talkin about knowing me from plentyoffish.

meh, I feel how I feel, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't for me. I was more uncomfortable because he was someone I ignored and he said something about that, which was really awkward, and yes there is something uncomfortable about being recognized from an online dating site...a hangup I might need to get over? probably.

meh, I feel how I feel, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't for me. I was more uncomfortable because he was someone I ignored and he said something about that, which was really awkward, and yes there is something uncomfortable about being recognized from an online dating site...a hangup I might need to get over? probably.

That guy sounds lame anyways. Good thing you ignored him!

Ok, my hiatus didn't last long. And after reading danz vivez...post about it taking a few months to find her match, I decided to hang around around a little longer. So far I've been making the first move :look: with the guys Im interested (hey to get something you never got you have to do something you never did) and they've been responding back. For some reason Im finding that some of these guys think its ok to holla at me just because we're online. Like Im just willing to lower my standards just for any ol' thing and Im flat out desperate =/ BTW Im not just talking about looks, Im talking about EVERYTHING! Not that Im on myself but geesh...

I was over at a friends place and I helped him craft an message to this girl on OKCupid. As soon as he pressed send, he was like "what a waste of time that was... she's totally not going to respond" :sad:

Seeing how much thought he put into it kinda made me feel bad for all the messages I've ignored. Some guys really do try!

Don't rule out the guy without a picture on his profile! I responded to a msg from one, which I never do. I'm sooooo glad I did. The only reason I responded was probably because he took the time to send me a detailed message. Plus he used the word "converse" rather than "conversate" he's been great so far. Fingers crossed!
Plus turns out, he is gorgeous, and a gentleman too.

Glad things are looking up around here. I finally spoke to this guy that I have been messaging. So far so good. We laughed the whole time....

I've decided to try online dating again. I see that some of you use OK Cupid. So I am trying it out. I'm not even done with my profile and I already have a message. Cool!

I was off the sites for 3 days and went back on this morning and ish is already starting. Why when you decline to chat with someone they send you a message? I guess they want to deepen the rejection. Decided not to respond to this one at all. I'm not wasting my time chatting with someone that I'm not interested in. When they request to chat I click on their profile quickly. If I like it I chat, if I don't I just close the box. I guess once you do that even though you don't click "no" it says you declined to chat. Oh well.

I was over at a friends place and I helped him craft an message to this girl on OKCupid. As soon as he pressed send, he was like "what a waste of time that was... she's totally not going to respond" :sad:

Seeing how much thought he put into it kinda made me feel bad for all the messages I've ignored. Some guys really do try!

I feel bad when I ignore too but no need in getting their hopes up. It doesn't matter how hard they try. If you're not interested, you just aren't.

Received a message from a Jewish guy I went out with a few times, but wasn't into. He was not my type or something, but he is steady calling and texting. I'd started to feel bad for his waste of time and money. I looked at his profile and it states that no offense, but his isn't attracted to Black women. Well then, get on! And go away.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Received a message from a Jewish guy I went out with a few times, but wasn't into. He was not my type or something, but he is steady calling and texting. I'd started to feel bad for his waste of time and money. I looked at his profile and it states that no offense, but his isn't attracted to Black women. Well then, get on! And go away.

Did he say he wasn't into black women before or after yall went out?

Did he say he wasn't into black women before or after yall went out?

After. It's on his profile now, which I noticed b/c I looked at it again after he wrote me (he msgd b/c I don't call or text him back anymore). So, he's not attracted to Black women... yet, he is steady asking me to dinner and trying to get me to go to Costa Rica with him and I am unequivocally Black. He didn't stand much of a chance after meeting, now there's no way in hell I'd go out with him. What a freaking loser!

I had a wonderful 2nd date with a guy last night. I felt so comfortable and at ease with him. We have plans to go out next weekend...but I can't help but feel like i'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I really just don't want to go into this with any expectations....

i only respond to well thought out responses and can't stand guys who can't take the time out to read my whole profile and write something based off of that and our shared common interests. guys who don't are lazy jerks who probably write a million different girls a day and only msg women based off of looks alone, they don't care what their personalities are. it disgusts me :hand:

that being said, i received this msg in my inbox tonight "hey :-) how are you?" this guy is 6'2, hispanic, muscular, and fine as all hell. *sigh* where's the "not reply now, but RIGHT now" button?

im ashamed.

Back