***Online Dating Support Thread***

i met one of the guys i'm currently dating on okc over the summer. we went on a couple of dates, and he was really into me. i felt bad because i still had feelings for my ex. i broke it off, and he was very nice about it. i ended up texting him a few weeks ago, and we started dating again. i'm still not looking for anything serious, which can be hard since he is. but i think this is the only legit thing i've found from okc. time will tell.

He's seeking a woman? :giggle:

That's what he is claiming...So ummmm 1. What's the deal with the bad spelling. 2. Is OP going to go out with him...do his hurrr? Or let him do yours?

I bet his scalp massages are out of this world.

His quote:

"P.S. Ladies jus thought u should know dis " Real Talk " I'm a " MAN " who respects him self & can respect a " TRU WOMAN " who can also respect her self & keep it real & I sure n da hell aint wit them emotional games ! All u Ladies know what I mean ! So don't get me confused wit dat other so called man over there on da side lines because dat aint " ME " ! Alwayz keep it 100% !"

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

That's what he is claiming...So ummmm 1. What's the deal with the bad spelling. 2. Is OP going to go out with him...do his hurrr? Or let him do yours?

I bet his scalp massages are out of this world.

His quote:

"P.S. Ladies jus thought u should know dis " Real Talk " I'm a " MAN " who respects him self & can respect a " TRU WOMAN " who can also respect her self & keep it real & I sure n da hell aint wit them emotional games ! All u Ladies know what I mean ! So don't get me confused wit dat other so called man over there on da side lines because dat aint " ME " ! Alwayz keep it 100% !"

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

129104087617764621.jpg

Really falling for one guy in particular. We had another great date this weekend, but we're not exclusive yet. Le sigh... He's exactly the kind of man I want to be with. I can see myself marrying him and us raising a family together. He'd be a fantastic father. I hope he is thinking the same thing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Me and Mr. FB are dating exclusively. :yep:

We had such a great weekend date.. We've been talking everyday all day and that hasn't let up. Saturday night he came by and we watched movies (The Notebook and Crazy Stupid Love) and then we just sat on the couch facing each other with our legs kind of crossed around each other and just talked and laughed for three hours straight. It was SO refreshing.

We kissed goodnight that night and it literally felt like butterflies in my stomach, I was soo giddy and you could tell that the kiss really sealed how into each other we are. :yep:

We had another date yesterday but with my best friend as well.. dinner and then a movie at home and more talking, and that was amazing. I know it was fun because I only got two hours of sleep and somehow I woke up this morning for work feeling as if I slept for DAYS! :lol:

He texted me last night and this is what he said.. "Anxious to start the week now. Each day leads me closer to seeing you again! I really care about you, and I look at each new day as another opportunity to get to know you better."

I REALLY hope it works out. He's the first guy I've met in a long time that I've felt this strongly for.:yep:

As far as POF goes... The ones I spoke to before have fallen by the wayside, although over the weekend I definitely got a message from someone who's apparently prominent in the film/tv industry. I had no idea until I googled him that he was even in film/tv, but to be honest I'm so into FB guy that although this guy is verrrrrrry attractive, I wouldn't think to even make a connection with him.

I don't think its rude. That's why I always advocate driving your own car for the first couple of dates/outings so that you are never "stuck" with someone because he was your ride.

And always make the first date light. You dont need dinner AND a movie AND..... Meet at Starbucks or a bar at the restaurant or a park so you don't feel stuck. Shouldnt be having real dates. It should be meetups first.

You assume yall will have great chemistry as you did on the phone/computer and then get disappointed when you are stuck on a date. I have no problem packing up my appetizer and fleeing to my getaway car.

I have to second this notion. When I dated Merrill from POF, I wished that we didn't plan so much because the interaction was so poor that I would've preferred to meet briefly and then leave it at that.

I knew I forgot something! I received a message over the weekend that made NO sense but made me laugh because it was such a poor attempt at trying to be witty.

heyy..wats upp

so According to your profile

You have all your limbs attached
You speak English
You kill plants
You swear a lot
You want to be shot with lasers

These are 5 o the 8 things i look for in a girl so i propose we go on a date to discuss possible mating

Please respond within 3 business days or I will commence in eating my weight in ice cream....lolol

...*crickets* :nono:

Finally some good stories! Are you going to hide your pof profile?

Yeah, I will more than likely take it down. He and I had the conversation early on of what our expectations are he definitely stressed to me that he is looking for a relationship. He's not the type to be a serial dater or talk to various women all at once.. If he's into someone he wants to devote his time and energy into that one person.

So for kicks I asked, "So does this mean I should stop talking to the guys I'm seeing?" and you can tell he got blinded by the question and tried to find the right answer, :giggle:. He goes "Well, if you want to keep dating them until you make a decision, then I'm in no position to really ask you anything.. I'm just confident that you'll realize all that I am as a person and all that we can be together." :yep:

The fact that he DIDN'T say "Yes, you can't speak to anyone!" was really a points booster for me, I appreciated that. (I stopped speaking to all of them anyway, :lol:)

I knew I forgot something! I received a message over the weekend that made NO sense but made me laugh because it was such a poor attempt at trying to be witty.

heyy..wats upp

You speak English
You kill plants
You swear a lot

These are 5 o the 8 things i look for in a girl so i propose we go on a date to discuss possible mating

Please respond within 3 business days or I will commence in eating my weight in ice cream....lolol

He should have stuck to "hey whuz up..":spinning:

:lachen::lachen: Got the same message a few days ago

heyy..wats upp

You speak English
You kill plants
You swear a lot

Mr. FB and I are officially in a relationship.

He asked me last night when we went out.. we met up impromptu because we missed each other, so we had dinner at this cute little Cuban cafe, and then we went to a tiki bar afterwards. I can't remember the last time I've laughed or smiled so hard.

^^^ Dag, Vivez! How can I get on your level?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I'm CERTAIN you're already there, if not passing me. :)

I really attribute a lot of these past few months to trying the online dating world. It's been a rocky experience but in the end I think remaining open minded and willing to engage in new things is key. :yep:

I have to admit I think I'm the lucky one out of me and Mr. FB.. He really is an amazing guy and I'm lucky to have met him.

It's been 3.5 years since I was last in a relationship, and I've had some CRAZY stories. Keep the faith, and keep on truckin'... :yep:

Mr. FB and I are officially in a relationship.

He asked me last night when we went out.. we met up impromptu because we missed each other, so we had dinner at this cute little Cuban cafe, and then we went to a tiki bar afterwards. I can't remember the last time I've laughed or smiled so hard.

So how long/dates did it take him to ask you? And congrats!

Ignore my question I just read that other thread. Sounds like he knows what he wants!

Last edited:
Well I have hidden my profile but I will delete it soon. Unfortunately not because of a new relationship. I am disheartened with the men who have contacted me or disappeared. This has done a number to my self esteem.

Well I have hidden my profile but I will delete it soon. Unfortunately not because of a new relationship. I am disheartened with the men who have contacted me or disappeared. This has done a number to my self esteem.

Don't let it do that. You're giving it/them too much power. Never give your power away. Just take a break. I'll admit these 40+ yo old children are frustrating me too. I'm taking a break myself. Besides if they're disappearing now they are doing you a favor.

Don't let it do that. You're giving it/them too much power. Never give your power away. Just take a break. I'll admit these 40+ yo old children are frustrating me too. I'm taking a break myself. Besides if they're disappearing now they are doing you a favor.

I know. Luckily I haven't put too much emotion in meeting these guys. It is just that I get sad sometimes.

So I'm new to the online dating scene. Right now I am on POF but so far the pickings are SLIM.

What sites do you lovely ladies recommned. I'm in the Atlanta area if that matters.

Thanks!!

I created a profile (no pics, no info) on OKC years ago just for the personality tests :lol: and I logged in recently because I haven't been meeting the type of man I want. I saw a guy who really interests me but I'm apprehensive about posting pics (for privacy reasons).

Do u guys think it's good enough to message him without a pic and offer him one in email? I've only dated guys I knew through someone - never a stranger. So I'm hesitant about it all!

Back