***Online Dating Support Thread***

That's too much :nono:.

I'm bored and tired of this process and it's only been about 1.5 months. I should have started a while back bc it is going to take a long time to weed through the fools :nono:.

yea, with a list like that he better be as finer than jason moma and idris elba rolled up in one.

and IA, it is tiring, frustrating and time consuming. but once in awhile you meet someone who makes all that effort worth while.

That's too much :nono:.

I'm bored and tired of this process and it's only been about 1.5 months. I should have started a while back bc it is going to take a long time to weed through the fools :nono:.
Shay72[USER][/USER]
I think it's time to retire from this....:yep: I've gotten way worse lists and requests. I had a dude asked me if I mind if we take his mama out with us. I asked why ? He said because she likes to weed women out quicker than he does. I have NOT returned any of his calls. The sad part he's a nice dude.

So, I met two pretty good guys on POF yesterday and today. :yep:

The first guy is 25, Black, with a graduate degree, works at Merrill Lynch in Accounting. We've had some good email/text convos and he called me tonight... we're supposed to go out next week to one of my favorite restaurants. What I especially like about him is he has a busy work schedule as do I, so I don't feel pressured to force things along - he's understanding of the fact that I'm busy. (We'll call him Merrill, lol).

The second guy I met today is 29, he's white from NJ. He's an anti-money laundering investigator, and has a 1.5 year old daughter. His initial email really caught my attention and we've been emailing back and forth ever since. I'm a little giddy about getting to know him because so far we have a lot in common. :yep: (We'll call him, Ozz.)

We'll see where this goes.

lolz, sad that the dude is in denial that he is a gay male.

Hey ladies, I just thought I would try and see if POF could help me find my perfect match! Im a laid back guy with a desire to find the girl of my dreams. I love family and friends and I want long term NO HOOKUPS! With that being said I also want a girl who is as open minded as me in a certain area. The lifestyle I wanna live does not happen right away and im putting this on my profile so we wont date 5 mos then the shock comes.

This lifestyle that I want to live is not an open relationship. I do not want to be shared with other women, however I do want to be able to share my girl with another guy sometimes (Straight guy). This would be a guy we both knew and trusted, it would not be with random or multiple men, just another man that I can share her with sometimes in the bedroom. Me and my girl would have our time as well every day, but I do want us to have a straight, athletic guy that I can share her with sometimes! It might be considered taboo but it is very hot to me!

Please no emails bashing my lifestyle, Im really wanting long term not just a hookup, this would all take place EVENTUALLY! Once in a long term commitment. I want a girl I can love and pamper but also live this fun lifestyle!

Feel free to message me!

no one under 19 please

Thanks
Jared

Some just asked me if I would consider relaxing my hair....He'll even pay for it! Why because we gonna sweat it out:nono:
This is just too much....

The 'sex symbol' who messaged danibeeja_gyal has struck me yet again... with the SAME message he sent me 10 days ago.

Subject: hi
Sent Date: 10/20/2011 7:56:12 AM
View Profile View All Messages

hey how u doing love? im not here to run any games, just looking for someone to relate with. and it seems like your the only one who caught my attention

Me: But I'm not white.
Him: i noticed that your not white.... white is just one of my preferences...

but how u doing? and the name is sam and yours?

*stoneface*

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to block these thuggish dudes who always send these lame, "how is u doin can i git to no you beetifull" messages.

Well, on a positive note, following Viv'z method (short/sweet profile and cute pic), I got 7 messages in 12 hours. Let's see if I make it to 20 by the end of the day. :lol:

On a negative note, they're all from the black thuggish type. :perplexed Oh POF. A couple of men my type viewed me, but didn't message. Eh.

Last edited:
Viv, I meant to screen out men who are you going to send those kind of messages so they won't even come to your inbox. (Block them so they can't even message you at all). I already put a character minimum of 100, but they are still finding ways to get through like rodents.

Viv, I meant to screen out men who are you going to send those kind of messages so they won't even come to your inbox. (Block them so they can't even message you at all). I already put a character minimum of 100, but they are still finding ways to get through like rodents.

:lol::lol:

Yeah that I can't help you with. Should you find a solution though, please share!

My profile on POF is short too. I literally have like 4 bullet statements about myself. I think most men, and even women like myself, skim profiles anyway. I don't read long profiles at all no matter how cute the guy is, lol. The bullet statements are just general stuff about me that everyone can relate to. For instance, I mention that my ipod is full of all kinds of music. Who doesn't like music? It's a great conversation starter, in my opinion.

I think I get messages because I state things on my profile that everyone can relate to, they don't have to read a novel to find out what I like, and in return, that makes them feel comfortable messaging me :yep:

So, I met two pretty good guys on POF yesterday and today. :yep:

The first guy is 25, Black, with a graduate degree, works at Merrill Lynch in Accounting. We've had some good email/text convos and he called me tonight... we're supposed to go out next week to one of my favorite restaurants. What I especially like about him is he has a busy work schedule as do I, so I don't feel pressured to force things along - he's understanding of the fact that I'm busy. (We'll call him Merrill, lol).

The second guy I met today is 29, he's white from NJ. He's an anti-money laundering investigator, and has a 1.5 year old daughter. His initial email really caught my attention and we've been emailing back and forth ever since. I'm a little giddy about getting to know him because so far we have a lot in common. :yep: (We'll call him, Ozz.)

We'll see where this goes.

They sound great! I hope it works out; my hopeless romantic heart needs to be fed more success stories!

lushcoils
So are you against messaging a guy that views you but doesn't message you? Every guy that views me I look at his profile and if he interests me I send him a message. It works for me :yep:.

@lushcoils
So are you against messaging a guy that views you but doesn't message you? Every guy that views me I look at his profile and if he interests me I send him a message. It works for me :yep:.

Shay72, I'm in the school of thought that if a guy was interested in you he would message you first, especially after you look at his profile several times. Like in real life, if you stare and smile at guy, that shows interest. If he doesn't approach me, I'm not going to do it first. I'll take it he's not interested.

Well I have a good possible from POF supposed to meet up tomorrow night should be interesting. I will let y'all know the results.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ladies!! Be weary of passing up the emails that just say a generic hello.

This morning I got a very generic message in my inbox... The subject line was "Trying to get your attention" and all the message said was Good Day, love. I hope this message reaches you.

So, I went to his page, all photos of him in a mysterious type of way, and his about me was pretty much about his advertising background. Nonetheless I decided to write back.

We've been bumping a few messages back and forth, and after that his response was much more tailored.

Heyyy.... good morning and please accept my apology for sending such a generic
message. I was in a bit of a rush to get to a meeting that just got canceled, but I wanted to at least send something to [hopefully] grab your attention. THANKFULLY, it worked.

So obviously your profile caught my attention and if you're interested in sharing, I would like to get to know more about you. Let me know if you are interested in the same, maybe then I won't be such a mystery to you.

Have a good day love, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

-J

And so far things are progressing well. He seems cool, so we'll see if it goes anywhere.

In other news, Merrill wants to do dinner and a Broadway show.. ironically enough, one of the shows I've always wanted to see but never had the time to. We might go next week if our schedules match up.

@Shay72, I'm in the school of thought that if a guy was interested in you he would message you first, especially after you look at his profile several times. Like in real life, if you stare and smile at guy, that shows interest. If he doesn't approach me, I'm not going to do it first. I'll take it he's not interested.

IA w. this completely. it's one thing if he hasn't seen my profile. it's another if he's seen it and decided he'd pass. imo it's clear he doesn't find me interesting enough to want to converse with and get to know, so i just leave them alone. idc how cute they are.

IA w. this completely. it's one thing if he hasn't seen my profile. it's another if he's seen it and decided he'd pass. imo it's clear he doesn't find me interesting enough to want to converse with and get to know, so i just leave them alone. idc how cute they are.

Right, the times were I did message the guy first, NOTHING came out of it. They usually don't reply back either. So I'll just wait for a quality attractive guy to message me first, although I'm not sure if that will ever happen at this rate.

@Shay72, I'm in the school of thought that if a guy was interested in you he would message you first, especially after you look at his profile several times. Like in real life, if you stare and smile at guy, that shows interest. If he doesn't approach me, I'm not going to do it first. I'll take it he's not interested.

Right, the times were I did message the guy first, NOTHING came out of it. They usually don't reply back either. So I'll just wait for a quality attractive guy to message me first, although I'm not sure if that will ever happen at this rate.

IME the guys do message back that's why I keep doing it because it works. If I continue to do with online dating what I do IRL I will never meet a man. I'm taking the opportunity to do things I'm normally uncomfortable with. I also message guys that I find through searching that I like. Everyone has a different approach. Putting up a profile and waiting for guys to contact me isnt putting in enough effort for me personally.

I got a hilarious msg from a random guy the other day.
-PlentyofFish:

"You are a very stunning woman, I could be a stunning woman with the right dress.
You have legs that stand tall and powerfull, I stand tall on a chair and the only thing powerfull about me is my breath after eat 1lb of catfish....see we already have alot in common....stupid jokes. Truth is I would love the chance to chat sometime.
"

Lol. No, i didn't respond.
but i LOL'd

Last edited:
Shay72, I'm in the school of thought that if a guy was interested in you he would message you first, especially after you look at his profile several times. Like in real life, if you stare and smile at guy, that shows interest. If he doesn't approach me, I'm not going to do it first. I'll take it he's not interested.

If a good looking guy views my profile, I'll go view their profile. If they're online and they interest me, I'll send a message llike, "Hey, [insert a hopefully witty line here]. I'm actually heading out, but I just wanted to say a quick hello. [Insert something relatable here]…

If not, I'll send a message hours later or the next day with a similar message. "Skimmed your profile, but was heading out. Blah, blah, blah."

Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don't, but it's still.more than if I hadn't written at all. I think coy can come off as disinterested online. Though maybe you aren't interested! I used to do the same thing as you. Like,ummm... you looked, but didn't write? Fine! Be that way! But then sometimes guys would write me when I looked and it made me think that maybe they were just unsure, nothing personal.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Geez! You see my picture on the website like it now you want to meet BUT we've never even had a conversation. WTH they do that at? I don't even know if you're worth meeting. We could have nothing in common then it would be a waste of time. What is wrong with guys?! I need to talk to you before I meet you anywhere or any time of the day.

Back