***Online Dating Support Thread***

That favorites feature is creepy. Depending on the site and what type of membership they have they can tell when you login, when you send messages, and if you wink or flirt. I don't like that at all :nono:. It's like e-stalking.

I'm bored with OKC. I think I may disable my profile.

Last edited:
That favorites feature is creepy. Depending on the site and what type of membership they have they can tell when you login, when you send messages, and if you wink or flirt. I don't like that at all :nono:. It's like e-stalking.

I'm bored with OKC. I think I may disable my profile.

Whoa... was that OkCupid? I have to look into that.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I have three pix up.. One of them is the same as my avatar here, and two others are of me, one in my car and one at a restaurant.

how would you describe the way you look in them? are they "come hither" like Val's, cutsey, average, what? what are you wearing? sry. i know im asking a lot but im curious as to what everyone else is doing in their pics.

runwaydream
I have 3 pics:
1 full body shot standing outside in front of a tree (curly)
1 side profile (pulled up in puffs)
1 face shot (laughing with two puffs, this captures my personality)

I get the most comments on the face shot because I am full out laughing and you can tell I'm being me.

I have decided to give my email addy so we can chat on gmail. Talking to this dude and his gmail photo is not attractive to me. Good thing he lives almost 2 hours away. I won't be driving that.

I just had a really good date with this sweet, guy. He's really funny. Says he has social anxiety and was diagnosed years ago, but he's working around it. We did not kiss/peck, I was worried he'd be anxious about it. Overall, a great date.
Another date tomorrow with the guy I've been seeing longer, the one I really like, but he is thinner than me. I'm wondering if it's time for the "this isn't going to work" talk. But outside of the "waaah, I'm bigger than you" thing, I like him so much. I think I'm being selfish. :-( :'( It's time... I think.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

@Keshieshimmer no i really went alone. i do that often so it was nothing new, but that night i didnt want to go out by myself so that really pissed me off bc i would have just stayed home had he told me sooner he wasn't coming.

and i feel like if you want to go to the event, you should just go. you cant keep missing out on opportunities bc other ppl dont want to partake in them. for example, i'm going on a cruise by myself in about 2 weeks. it would be great if someone came with me, but am i going to miss out on seeing the world bc of other ppl? nope.

so if you want to go, go. do you. just make sure other ppl know where you are. i msg'd my sister and let her know which clubs i would be going to and that i was going alone.

I wish I could do this. I have social anxiety and use my friends as a crutch, but I'm working on it. But, I'm thinking that guy thought when you said "friend" you really meant it the way Bla Bla Bla meant it in that Bizmarkee song, "Just A Friend"

how would you describe the way you look in them? are they "come hither" like Val's, cutsey, average, what? what are you wearing? sry. i know im asking a lot but im curious as to what everyone else is doing in their pics.

runwaydream

Here's my profile: http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=31566879

To be honest I don't feel like I put too much thought or emphasis on what I wrote/what pictures I put up. I love to laugh and I always get compliments on my smile/eyes so that's mostly what you see in my photos.

I don't have any full body shots up because oddly enough, I don't have many full body photos period.

I will say that I get a lot of messages based around the fact that my photos are inviting enough and my profile is 'short and sweet' which makes people message me asking me questions to get to know me. <--- I've been told this in about 80% of the messages I get.

lushcoils

It's a pretty good balance, I have to admit. I expected a lot more of the BS "hey maaa you is madd pretty can i get 2kno u?" kinds of messages, and instead surprisingly I get a good amount of quality messages.

I'd say on average I get around 20-25 messages daily (this is if POF shows me as being logged on), about a third of them are quality messages, the other third is your run of the mill "Hello, how are you?", and the other third are your good old fashioned hood rodents.

Wow, thanks. I may only get like 20 messages a year. lol
Sometimes I wonder if not putting black would get me more views which will lead to more messages, since you can search by race on many of these sites. But I don't want to deal with men like that.

I don't think you should do that..Be who you are! :)

At the end of the day, I have no real plans to change my profile because it conveys who I am (short of meeting me in person), and I know that eventually it'll catch that 'right' person's eye if I haven't found him yet.

How does your profile look? What does it say? (If you don't mind me asking).

@runwaydream

Here's my profile: http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=31566879

To be honest I don't feel like I put too much thought or emphasis on what I wrote/what pictures I put up. I love to laugh and I always get compliments on my smile/eyes so that's mostly what you see in my photos.

I don't have any full body shots up because oddly enough, I don't have many full body photos period.

I will say that I get a lot of messages based around the fact that my photos are inviting enough and my profile is 'short and sweet' which makes people message me asking me questions to get to know me. <--- I've been told this in about 80% of the messages I get.

aww, thanks alot! i appreciate that. i especially like the second pic for some reason. that bit about your boss was funny. i'm probably one of the last ppl who viewed your profile on your "viewed me" list. and probably the only female, lol. can you tell me what you think of my pix?

He sounds like a good catch! Have you contacted him yet?

i have. i wrote something corny and stupid. in his headline he said "if i can figure out organic chem, i got you" or something to that effect and i said "i certainly hope i'm more interesting than organic chemistry" it was dumb i know, but i figure if he really liked me he'd make convo regardless of how stupid that was.

he has (responded) and we've been speaking since last night. he seems okay so far.

I guess when you get to my age they just put it on the table....:lachen: STRAIGHTFOWARD

1) If you do not have a decent command of the English language then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
2) If your hair is always in micro-braids then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
3) If you can't handle being second to my son then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.If you're not capable of loving my son as if he were your own---then you might as well go on to the next profile.
4) If you have a hint of racist in your system then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. My father is part Cuban, my mother is black and my stepfather is white. Underlying racism isn't tolerated by any means.
4) If all you listen to is rap music then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
5) If you smoke (anything)then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
6) If you're an avid club person, then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
7) If you're not capable of having a life outside of your (dating) relationship then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. While we may get along well and enjoy each others company; I still believe in having outside interest and hobbies.
8)If you're jealous/insecure and totally unsure in your relationships then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
9) If you wear colored contacts, then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. If you're coal black with d*mn near neon colored eyes, I have no desire to be with you.
10) If your whole weekend/going out attire consists of t-shirts and leggings then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. I am all for comfort but if that's all you're going to wear then consider me out of the picture.

Met 3 guys in the NY/Philly/NJ area that said they don't mind doing long distance. I'm excited!
But for Atl I have a date this evening. He's really excited to meet me lol , it's so cute. I'll let you all know how it went.

i have. i wrote something corny and stupid. in his headline he said "if i can figure out organic chem, i got you" or something to that effect and i said "i certainly hope i'm more interesting than organic chemistry" it was dumb i know, but i figure if he really liked me he'd make convo regardless of how stupid that was.

he has (responded) and we've been speaking since last night. he seems okay so far.

LOL I think that's a cute way to initiate convo. :yep:

Met 3 guys in the NY/Philly/NJ area that said they don't mind doing long distance. I'm excited!
But for Atl I have a date this evening. He's really excited to meet me lol , it's so cute. I'll let you all know how it went.

where are you guys going?

and you are really expanding your search. and here i felt it was such a big leap to expand my w.in 50 miles search, to within 100 miles, lol. i met someone who lives about an hr away and i'm thinking that's a bit far, lol. gas prices are nothing to play with :lachen:

but i guess being so far away kind of forces you to take things slow.

LOL I think that's a cute way to initiate convo. :yep:

thanks. i wasn't sure, seeing how he completely ignored it and just asked me how i was doing. but i guess i got the desired effect, which would be getting his attention.

in case you guys don't know what we're talking about, i had put up a link asking your opinions of this guy that i met on pof last night. i didn't leave it up bc i kind of like him***

I guess when you get to my age they just put it on the table....:lachen: STRAIGHTFOWARD

1) If you do not have a decent command of the English language then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
2) If your hair is always in micro-braids then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
3) If you can't handle being second to my son then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.If you're not capable of loving my son as if he were your own---then you might as well go on to the next profile.
4) If you have a hint of racist in your system then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. My father is part Cuban, my mother is black and my stepfather is white. Underlying racism isn't tolerated by any means.
4) If all you listen to is rap music then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
5) If you smoke (anything)then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
6) If you're an avid club person, then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
7) If you're not capable of having a life outside of your (dating) relationship then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. While we may get along well and enjoy each others company; I still believe in having outside interest and hobbies.
8)If you're jealous/insecure and totally unsure in your relationships then it is quite likely that I'm not interested.
9) If you wear colored contacts, then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. If you're coal black with d*mn near neon colored eyes, I have no desire to be with you.
10) If your whole weekend/going out attire consists of t-shirts and leggings then it is quite likely that I'm not interested. I am all for comfort but if that's all you're going to wear then consider me out of the picture.

That's too much :nono:.

I'm bored and tired of this process and it's only been about 1.5 months. I should have started a while back bc it is going to take a long time to weed through the fools :nono:.

where are you guys going?

and you are really expanding your search. and here i felt it was such a big leap to expand my w.in 50 miles search, to within 100 miles, lol. i met someone who lives about an hr away and i'm thinking that's a bit far, lol. gas prices are nothing to play with :lachen:

but i guess being so far away kind of forces you to take things slow.
I expanded my search that far because I'm moving to ny next year
For my date tonight we're going to a bar.

Back