***Online Dating Support Thread***

Dude told me if I don't step up in the game there's PLENTY OF FISH in the sea :lachen: :lachen: It's a silly day!

Then he told me that he should I be glad that he chose me because there are tons of ladies in ATL that will do whatever it takes....:nono:

are you freakin kidding me?! i could NOT live in atlanta. i haven't heard not one good story come out of there yet.

So I've been talking with this guy. I google him and get his facebook. Profile pic is of him and some girl. All close might I add there was a pix of him and her kissing. So I ask if he has a gf. He says he has friends. Hmmm.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using SPH-D710

@Keshieshimmer no i really went alone. i do that often so it was nothing new, but that night i didnt want to go out by myself so that really pissed me off bc i would have just stayed home had he told me sooner he wasn't coming.

and i feel like if you want to go to the event, you should just go. you cant keep missing out on opportunities bc other ppl dont want to partake in them. for example, i'm going on a cruise by myself in about 2 weeks. it would be great if someone came with me, but am i going to miss out on seeing the world bc of other ppl? nope.

so if you want to go, go. do you. just make sure other ppl know where you are. i msg'd my sister and let her know which clubs i would be going to and that i was going alone.

Right on runwaydream:yep: this is my attitude as of yesterday. I've been let down by so many flaky, unreliable people that i decided to live my life on my terms or sit by and wait for someone to enjoy all the experiences i want to enjoy on my own terms. Life is entirely too short to be depending on others to do and enjoy what makes you happy. I'm currently compiling a list of things i want to do and If anyone wants to join me on my enrichment journey they're welcome to. If not, that's fine. I'm flying solo from here on :)

are you freakin kidding me?! i could NOT live in atlanta. i haven't heard not one good story come out of there yet.

A lot of these men down here have a REAL CHIP on their shoulders...:nono: It's just OUTRAGEOUS. It happens in real life too not just online. But not all are bad. Plenty of women find men down here that I think get tired of playing the game and they settle down. But my age group really shocks me because most of them are old and washed up, have 2-4 babymama's,divorced 2x and have terrible bodies.

On a positive note:
I met a really really cool cute dude but again he's divorced with an extra babymama. As as a man to hang with he's good. He was able to see his failures and mistakes. But for the long run, nah. He'll stay in the jumpoff zone.

im considering putting up sexier pix. the pictures i have now are okay. but i feel like i look too girl next door'ish. i dont plan on putting up slutty pictures like 99.9% of the other girls on the site, but like that one guy said to me (the jerk-off) i look very nice. i'm not sure if i want to just look "nice"

what type of pix do you guys have up?

I guess I got lucky. I spent the afternoon riding in his convertible, walking on the beach, eating sushi and watching movies on his couch....

It's over a month now I've been dating this guy from POF.

im considering putting up sexier pix. the pictures i have now are okay. but i feel like i look too girl next door'ish. i dont plan on putting up slutty pictures like 99.9% of the other girls on the site, but like that one guy said to me (the jerk-off) i look very nice. i'm not sure if i want to just look "nice"

I had only one pic up. Simple pic of me sitting at a table at my brother's wedding.

edit... it's actually the pic in my avatar now :grin:

Really trying to make this "date multiple people" thing work. I feel kind of bad doing it, I don't know. It used to be no biggie, but now I'm looking for something more serious.

I have 4 upcoming dates in the next week. I'm a little worried that 2 guys might be lying about their height. I think they're only an inch taller than me, not a dealbreaker though. So far, those 4 all say they want a real, meaningful long-term relationship that leads to marriage. So far, I haven't gone out with anyone who hasn't at least acted like they meant it (on OkCupid and Craigslist) with the exception of one ex. Actually the ex acted like he meant it for a good 3 months, then spring happened. Probably the worst guy I've ever dated, but glad that's out of the way. He started texting out of the blue recently and now has me humming an En Vogue tune (Never Gonna Get It).

2 of the guys are very, very good looking, tall, athletic and successful and I have that weird, "Why are you wasting your time with me?" feeling. Actually, I used to have that feeling more frequently in dating and I hate that it's back. I'll have to do some [re]affirmations...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I had only one pic up. Simple pic of me sitting at a table at my brother's wedding.

edit... it's actually the pic in my avatar now :grin:

no.. see, i actually think that pic is kind of sexy. alluring is the word that comes to mind. no homo. lol

I have a pic that someone took of me while I wasn't paying attention. I'm looking down at my hands stretched in front of me and thinking. Straight hair.

The other is from a birthday bumrush. My friends forced me to go out and I'm sitting in a chair that looks kinda like a throne. My outfit is weird, but not revealing, and my hair is big and puffy.
In both pics, I'm wearing minimal makeup.

So I've been talking with this guy. I google him and get his facebook. Profile pic is of him and some girl. All close might I add there was a pix of him and her kissing. So I ask if he has a gf. He says he has friends with benefits. Hmmm.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using SPH-D710
I fixed that for you :yep:

Crazy date story I got on the POF forum.

strangest first dates
Posted: 9/23/2011 8:55:33 AM
I dated a beautiful size two once (healthy not boney) and FYI i usually prefer women with a little meat on them but i had to try lol

Any ways I messaged her and never expected a reply, went on a few dates and she was amazing I was in heaven though I thought i might break her lol

A few more dates and things were looking great then she told me she was a cancer survivor and on lots of meds, couldn't shower as shes allergic to water, couldn't use soaps of any kind as her skin would rash up fierce had to take powder baths (whatever that is)

But she had a nice place was a PHD (so she claimed idk)

went to her house and she said my sheets made her sick as they had chemicals in them (i kinda like downy)

Ok so I said im sorry but she should have told me this BEFORE getting that far

Went to her place had another argument about how I didn't ask enough questions about her ...issues and she was suffering because of it, I apologized, she yelled i said its probably best we go our separate ways

SHE CHASED ME DOWN THE HALLWAY OF HER CONDO IN HER UNDERWEAR YELLING AND SCREAMING at the top of her lungs, followed me down 8 flights of stairs as the elevator was slow and i wanted out

I got in my car and drove away

Now heres the best part

Within an hour my mother shows up frantic with EMS , said this girl had called her (now i never gave her my mothers unlisted number) and said I was suicidal as she had just broken up with me and that i had taken a ton of pills

My experience from all this is size 2 means lack of oxygen to the brain and Internet girls can be CRAZY lol oh and I didnt meeet her her it was on Zoosk

oh, oh oh I cant believe i forgot, Shes famous she is well known as a medium on all those ghost shows hahahahaha she sees dead people

So this guy is really starting to annoy me. Why ask me 1,001 questions when you could just take me on a date? I really hate feeling so invested before I meet them, because then suppose I don't have chemistry with them (this has happened before), then I have wasted my time. Then he doesn't have a full body shot so I am a bit apprehensive.

Ugh. He is all like I want to get inside your head. Whatever dude.

EDIT: I just looked at dude's profile and he isn't even looking for a commitment. So now I am really wasting my time.

Last edited:

Stewie.gif

So this guy is really starting to annoy me. Why ask me 1,001 questions when you could just take me on a date? I really hate feeling so invested before I meet them, because then suppose I don't have chemistry with them (this has happened before), then I have wasted my time. Then he doesn't have a full body shot so I am a bit apprehensive.

Ugh. He is all like I want to get inside your head. Whatever dude.

EDIT: I just looked at dude's profile and he isn't even looking for a commitment. So now I am really wasting my time.

on the bolded, it's usually best you ask him that one on one. there's been a few guys i've written off bc the profile says one thing but it's really another. like on mine i think it says im just looking to hang out, but i'm really looking for a rlshp.

as for the rest, i recently cut off that one guy i really liked bc he wasn't asking me out either so... i can see where you're coming from on that front. my thought process is, if he wanted to ask me out, he would.

Whew, one guy just eliminated himself before we actually met. Relief. I don't do the webcam thing. You don't get to double check me.

Glad I asked that guy, he isn't sure because he may or may not be moving. He said the typical we will see how things go then I would want a relationship. So that solves things for me.

Glad I asked that guy, he isn't sure because he may or may not be moving. He said the typical we will see how things go then I would want a relationship. So that solves things for me.

yea, i'm not with that whole "idk if imma be around long, we'll see what happens crap" sounds like he just wants something with NSA and in the end he'll be like "well i told you i wasn't sure if i wanted something serious" pls.. smdh, he knows

*sigh* IDK if I can do this online dating thing. I decided to do some more google research on that guy. I feel stupid as hell for not researching sooner. I looked at his twitter and I believe I found the twitter page of his girlfriend. If they are broken up, they are at the very least still having sex. Why do men (some) have to be so damn trifling!

*sigh* IDK if I can do this online dating thing. I decided to do some more google research on that guy. I feel stupid as hell for not researching sooner. I looked at his twitter and I believe I found the twitter page of his girlfriend. If they are broken up, they are at the very least still having sex. Why do men (some) have to be so damn trifling!

awww, im sorry. it's rough out there i know. i haven't been out on a date with a guy i actually ended up liking in a hot minute.

I have three pix up.. One of them is the same as my avatar here, and two others are of me, one in my car and one at a restaurant.

His profile says he's not a smoker.. His picture is with him with a cigarette in his hand. :lol:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=19551699

I don't understand the profiles that list song lyrics as their 'about me'.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=30595623

blk
n nj
just moved out here from fl
fresh 2 def
I`m a Capricorn, I came here to get manish
Ooh, I know it`s good when you start speakin` spanish
Aries, sexually, you`re full of energy
After I`m done, you still tellin` me you want me
Met a Gemini, ooh what a sex drive
She wanted it from the front, back, left and the right
Baby, I will guarentee to give you everything your body`s missin`