***Online Dating Support Thread***

@runwaydream Some women are like that too, they think they can wear someone down by being such a great friends. In the end people hear what they want to.

Did you meet up with friends or did you really go alone? I am debating going to this event next weekend, and I don't have anyone to go with and I am not sure if I will know anyone.

Keshieshimmer no i really went alone. i do that often so it was nothing new, but that night i didnt want to go out by myself so that really pissed me off bc i would have just stayed home had he told me sooner he wasn't coming.

and i feel like if you want to go to the event, you should just go. you cant keep missing out on opportunities bc other ppl dont want to partake in them. for example, i'm going on a cruise by myself in about 2 weeks. it would be great if someone came with me, but am i going to miss out on seeing the world bc of other ppl? nope.

so if you want to go, go. do you. just make sure other ppl know where you are. i msg'd my sister and let her know which clubs i would be going to and that i was going alone.

you're better than me. unless we're in a rlshp i ain't payin for ish.

I'm the same way. I expect to be courted and men seem to respect that (and oblige). One guy has been taking me to nice spots. We also hit a teeny crepe place after Stanton Social in NYC. T'was good! Our next date was a brunch date and I paid for it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Men get on my nerves. How u gonna request to chat then don't say ish? Really? Where they do that :nono:? He bout to be dead in the water before he even really got started. I ain't got time.

Am I being overly critical? When I guy sends me an email asking if I like White guys, I immediately count him out. I don't like that. I want to be approached like a woman not a Black woman. Why is he concerned with what I like, convince me that you will be the one I like. Stop telling on yourself, just too racially conscious right out of the gate. :look:

Some have even told me they have only tried chocolate a few times. One even told me that he doesn't usually like Black women but thought I was gorgeous. I blocked him.:ohwell:

Am I being overly critical? When I guy sends me an email asking if I like White guys, I immediately count him out. I don't like that. I want to be approached like a woman not a Black woman. Why is he concerned with what I like, convince me that you will be the one I like. Stop telling on yourself, just too racially conscious right out of the gate. :look:

Some have even told me they have only tried chocolate a few times. One even told me that he doesn't usually like Black women but thought I was gorgeous. I blocked him.:ohwell:

nope. you're not. as soon as a guy says that i count him out. if i didnt want to date you i wouldnt talk to you. asking me that question is just showing that you're too concerned about race to ever make the relationship work. i dont bother w. guys like that.

nope. you're not. as soon as a guy says that i count him out. if i didnt want to date you i wouldnt talk to you. asking me that question is just showing that you're too concerned about race to ever make the relationship work. i dont bother w. guys like that.

It never sits well with me, I was starting to think maybe I need more patience. Because even when I respond with, "race is not an issue with me", they want more details on if I have dated white before and why. :look::nono: And this is sometimes well into the conversation, when they ask. I told one guy that I read his profile so I knew he was white when I responded to his email. :spinning: Another guy got salty when he asked 20 minutes into the conversation if I liked white guys; I responded with, "What do you think?" He then told me he didn't think I was right for him. I told him, "I know YOU aren't right for me." Then I blocked him. :wacky: :lol:

Do you find that it's usually the American guys who ask? :yawn: I have not encountered this with Europeans, except one that has been living in the states for years now.

WTF. His contacts are scaring me!

yvp5jnyntf_161997844.jpg

I hate the question. It immediately turns me off.

It never sits well with me, I was starting to think maybe I need more patience. Because even when I respond with, "race is not an issue with me", they want more details on if I have dated white before and why. :look::nono: And this is sometimes well into the conversation, when they ask. I told one guy that I read his profile so I knew he was white when I responded to his email. :spinning: Another guy got salty when he asked 20 minutes into the conversation if I liked white guys; I responded with, "What do you think?" He then told me he didn't think I was right for him. I told him, "I know YOU aren't right for me." Then I blocked him. :wacky: :lol:

Do you find that it's usually the American guys who ask? :yawn: I have not encountered this with Europeans, except one that has been living in the states for years now.

i've had the talk about whether or not i've dated guys of other races and how many, etc. i think thats moreso curiosity. i've asked the same questions of them too. but usually that comes out after awhile. if its the first thing that comes out of their mouths i dont even bother going any further.

i guess i dont talk to foreign men that much but i do find that it never has happened w. a european man but happens more frequently w. american men. but then again, it also never happened to me with a middle eastern man and they dont even like blk folks over there. (from what i've heard anyway:look:)

I dont get offended if they ask if I date out cause I ask them too. And if they so no, then I tell them to keep looking because I dont want to be someones first black dating experience.

They get all chipper talkin to me like I'm a unicorn then I have to ask. Folks have a preference and if its not listed on their profile, I'd ask as to not waste each others time.

omg you guys. so i come across the profile of this guy that seems like he'd be perfect for me right? he's 6'2, white and hot as hell, original personality, looking for a rlshp, etc. i write him a msg and he responds saying how pretty and amazing he thinks i am based on my profile. but THEN he tells me he has a kid :wallbash: which he responded no to on his profile btw :angry2: says he prefers to tell ppl himself, which to me seems like he's ashamed of his child but w.e.

anyway im SOO disappointed. i was >>> <<< that close to finally finding someone i thought i could vibe with. sigh... oh well.

The white guys who message me have never asked "do you do date white guys" lol maybe I just give off that vibe :lol:

Re the kids thing: 3 guys messaged me today who had kids :( :( :( and they were cute and seemed nice, too! And their messages were articulate! :(

11226846024636099174.jpeg
Geseric1 explained his answer publicly

Q: Can overweight people still be sexy?

A: No

Explanation: “Though there are always exceptions e.g. Queen Latifah. Pretty rare in my experience though. ”

Queen Latifah, though!? :lachen: Chile, I guess

This guy just messaged me:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=31968919

He looks like I would go missing after our second date.

UpDate...

So yesterday was date night with an Englishman. We planned to meet for some drinks at a nice bar I had chosen at 7:30pm. At 7:30pm I've parked up and quickly given a call to see if he's lost. He is waiting at the train station. :nono:. He turns up 30 minutes late. When I see him I immediately say to myself

" LORD SEND ME SOMEBODY! I'M TIRED OF THIS"

Just no, no, no. We exchange greetings then he asks if we should go somewhere else before going to my chosen bar. errrr ok. We walk down the high street and I see a real swanky place. I suggest we try it. We walk in and the waitress asks if we have a reservation, we say no, she then says that it's ok. THIS GUY interrupts her and abruptly says

"Don't worry about IT we'll go somewhere else, no don't worry!"

And storms out.

RED FLAGGGG!

When we're outside he says "I hate when they do that, pretend that we need a reservation."

We go past lots of decent place and end up at a pub :ohwell:. We leave there an hour later and end up at another pub of his choosing.

He seemed to have a short fuse and slightly ADHD.

Honestly I'm bored of dating people I don't like. I want butterflies damn it!!

this cant really be the dating scene *face palm*

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=28214045

That looks like his MUGSHOT photo after the cops beat the ish out of him. :lol:

Did you read his blurb? It honestly had me rolling.

Bitter, disillusioned SM recently rejected by longtime fiancee seeks decent, reliable woman, If such a thing exists in this cruel world of hatchet faced witches. Currently unemployed officially, but I still make that cheddar.
I like women who are completely toothless. This might sound weird but I have my reasons.

omg you guys. so i come across the profile of this guy that seems like he'd be perfect for me right? he's 6'2, white and hot as hell, original personality, looking for a rlshp, etc. i write him a msg and he responds saying how pretty and amazing he thinks i am based on my profile. but THEN he tells me he has a kid :wallbash: which he responded no to on his profile btw :angry2: says he prefers to tell ppl himself, which to me seems like he's ashamed of his child but w.e.

anyway im SOO disappointed. i was >>> <<< that close to finally finding someone i thought i could vibe with. sigh... oh well.

Wow his arse must be ashamed...or he must know off the bat he won't get as much responses if he knew that he stated he has a child. Sounds like a red flag, though....

11226846024636099174.jpeg
Geseric1 explained his answer publicly

Q: Can overweight people still be sexy?

A: No

Explanation: “Though there are always exceptions e.g. Queen Latifah. Pretty rare in my experience though. ”

Queen Latifah, though!? :lachen: Chile, I guess

:rofl: :rofl: I noticed that when folks say overweight people are attractive they usually name a black woman :look:.

So I am talking to this guy for 4 days now, but we exchange messages frequently so it feels like it has been longer. But I wish this dude would just ask for my number. I am sick of typing. I know I am losing interest.

Had brunch with the guy I like a lot. There is only one thing stopping me from escalating things further... he's thinner than me. Like 11-year-old boy thin. I've struggled with it. I feel bad/shallow. He seems comfortable with his body, which is good for him. But it might actually end up being a deal-breaker for me, so maybe I should just let him go. :( :'(

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Dude told me if I don't step up in the game there's PLENTY OF FISH in the sea :lachen: :lachen: It's a silly day!

Then he told me that he should I be glad that he chose me because there are tons of ladies in ATL that will do whatever it takes....:nono:

Back