***Online Dating Support Thread***

he also wants a church going mother who is interested in a 3 some. Yeah, Ok.

Lmao! He is too much. In reality, it seems like most men want Madonna or the Madonna, with little wiggle room for complexity. He's flexible, though! Oh, and I love how he has WHITE capitalized. Gotsta draw your eyes in immediately.

Don't worry, White girl, he'll accept you-- unless you can't carry on a conversation. In that case, he'd cut you off... REAL FAST. He needs to go pick up a copy of Strunk & White's.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

^^ you already know he's just looking for the first dumb female to fall for his BS.

Oh, one of my friends told me that when he's on POF, he pretty much just sends out emails to like 20 girls at once (tries to personalize it a bit based on profile so they think he's interested) and whichever one bites is pretty much it. Yeah, that was an eye-opener. Of course, this is just one guy's opinion.

Ughhhhhh! So if I give a guy my number, does that mean its ok to call me after 12 AM or close to 12 AM?? This is the 2nd guy in 2 nights thats done that to me. Also whats up with guys sending messages like if you dont respond then "you cant deal with a real man" OR "you can't handle a real man" shht? I dont know whats worst anymore, OFFline or ONline.

I've been going back and forth with this guy who initially sent me a one-word e-mail: "Cute".

Normally, I would have ignored it, but I was reminded of something one of my sweet, lame guy friends said. We exchanged a short series of witty banter until our emails became longer and more substantial. I think I might like him. We'll see when we meet, if we meet. All was well until he told me his name. He has the same name, ancestry, and religion of the last guy I was with who ended up having mommy/woman issues. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm trying to stay actively dating until moving into seriousland with one guy.

check out this gem...
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=31929737

Him: hey how u doing love? im not here to run any games, just looking for someone to relate with, and it seems like your the only one who caught my attention
Me: But im not white.
Him: thats my best preferences is white... like everyone has a expectations but 90% it doesnt meet all of it.. so yeah
but the name is sam and yours? and what u getting into for ur day

REALLY DUDE.........

:lachen::perplexed:ohwell: Just terrible. But see below for an alternative date. DC/Atl women go on and apply.
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=29835139

Last edited:
check out this gem...
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=31929737

Him: hey how u doing love? im not here to run any games, just looking for someone to relate with, and it seems like your the only one who caught my attention
Me: But im not white.
Him: thats my best preferences is white... like everyone has a expectations but 90% it doesnt meet all of it.. so yeah
but the name is sam and yours? and what u getting into for ur day

REALLY DUDE.........

He's messaged me as well, I think two or three times. I've never answered.

ETA: He sent me the EXACT same message.

10/5/11 at 1:15:22am

how u doing love ?? im not here to run any games, im just looking for someone to relate with.. and it seems like your the only one =)

Last edited:
in other news I met a really cute haitian/dominican guy, who is a legit singer lol, he has a band and everything and they tour singing haitian konpa, i'm excited to see where this goes, he hasn't called me yet, but we keep in touch through bbm, I guess because of the fact that i'm in Atl and hes in NY.

But here's the funny part, I saw this other haitian on there and added him as a fav. why when I go to look at the first guys videos I see this guy there as well? LOL they're in the same band together! lmao

He's messaged me as well, I think two or three times. I've never answered.

ETA: He sent me the EXACT same message.

10/5/11 at 1:15:22am

how u doing love ?? im not here to run any games, im just looking for someone to relate with.. and it seems like your the only one =)
this is why whenever a guy sends me all these compliments I don't even acknowledge them........smh

So just when I thought I was going to give up this profile, I e-met 4 guys who don't seem crazy. GO ME! Too bad none of them live in my city. haha.

I know this is the online thread, but ya'll know I took my profiles down and was trying the real life thing. Met a guy @ the bar last week and hung out w/ him last night..omg!! I think he's crazier than anybody I EVER met online.

A) He confessed he was hi on opium and aderol when we met. Who the hell smokes opium?

B) He just broke up w/ his fiance last year. She robbed him of his youth and he cheated on her the whole time. He was just w/ her as a favor. He's just too nice you see. If she would have never cheated on HIM, they'd still be together today. The cold hearted beyotch.

C) None of their family knows they broke their engagement...last year.

D) She still comes by, but only to see the dogs. Them have sex? Of course not, he's not even attracted to her anymore!

E) He's debating marrying a girl for a Visa for $25k, but he's just not sure yet. Besides, what would he tell his parents about the fiance? Decisions, decisions....

F) He's very attracted to me and will love me forever. Its just best I understand he'll never be faithful. Men are not designed to be faithful anyway, didn't you know?

:huh:

:whyme:

:wallbash:

:cry2:

:down:

Hmm.maybe match.com is so bad afterall....

:cowgirl:

Last edited:
I know this is the online thread, but ya'll know I took my profiles down and was trying the real life thing. Met a guy @ the bar last week and hung out w/ him last night..omg!! I think he's crazier than anybody I EVER met online.

A) He confessed he was hi on opium and aderol when we met. Who the hell smokes opium?

B) He just broke up w/ his fiance last year. She robbed him of his youth and he cheated on her the whole time. He was just w/ her as a favor. He's just too nice you see. If she would have never cheated on HIM, they'd still be together today. The cold hearted beyotch.

C) None of their family knows they broke their engagement...last year.

D) She still comes by, but only to see the dogs. Them have sex? Of course not, he's not even attracted to her anymore!

E) He's debating marrying a girl for a Visa for $25k, but he's just not sure yet. Besides, what would he tell his parents about the fiance? Decisions, decisions....

F) He's very attracted to me and will love me forever. Its just best I understand he'll never be faithful. Men are not designed to be faithful anyway, didn't you know?

:lachen: wow...this guy....

I'm sorry this happened to you, though. On the bright side, you got a GREAT story out of it!

Last edited:
wow.. so im trying to sign up for the chemistry site for the free weekend and they have closed it down bc they are currently making updates. *side eye* are you freakin kidding me?! if they didnt want to give ppl a chance to check out the site for free then why did they offer it? instead why talk big like you're giving a free weekend and then choose THAT weekend to start updating sh!t.

So, the 'Men in Chicago/Midwest are better' thread prompted me to do a search in Chicago just to be nosey. To be honest, their profiles are a lot better! I used the same search parameters I generally use but changed the location to Chicago. I must say I was impressed with the first 10 profiles alone. Why you ask?
1. None of them made demands or rules that you had to follow when contacting them.
2. None of them used negative language towards women....'have some self respect, don't have 4 kids by 4 men, no drama queens plz, if you can't reply to my message don't look at my profile...etc'. Most of the profiles from Atlanta had some kind of negative statement in the profile.

3. Most of the profiles seemed genuine....and down to Earth.

I won't be packing and moving to Chicago any time soon but it was refreshing to see so many positive profiles and it gave me a little more incentive to keep at the online dating thing a little while.

Gotta love these NY boys. :rolleyes:

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=15056249

OK.... Lets Get the Basics out the way then I'm Going to keep it real as a Banana peel. My names Ray im now 23 years Old i reside in Brooklyn. East New York to be exact, yeah yeah i know you thinking he from the hood side, but sorry i don't Act out of my character in which my parents raised me, A gentlemen respectful Kind and caring. If you crazy *** women looking for someone to slap u up, which are many out there, Keep it moving. I'm moving out into my own place the end of the year, and about to buy a Car. I love going out into the city By myself being i don't have many friends, Cant trust many people these days but yourself right? not saying i am not open to meet new friends. Lets Do it :). I love laughing until my side hurts, video games and learning new cultures, please if u looking for a man to always pay on a date keep it moving, ill be a gentlemen the first date but if u like me as well from then on u will contribute expenses as well we both work hard for our money, lets not be selfish, Wanna know more i'm cooler than the other side of the Pillow. Hit me up anytime, peace EASZYYY!
LOVE JAY-Z HOV the Greatest
Fabolous
Biggie.PAC
Methodman Redman
Maxwell
Lenny Williams
Sam Cooke
brian Mcknight
All Oldies!

He sent me the following message..

i have a joke for you, Did you hear about the guy who had surgery? he had his left arm
and leg removed!! hes ALL(right) now
lol hey how are you im very interested in you hope
to hear from you so we can talk :) take care love

...sigh.

Last edited:

OK.... Lets Get the Basics out the way then I'm Going to keep it real as a Banana peel. My names Ray im now 23 years Old i reside in Brooklyn. East New York to be exact, yeah yeah i know you thinking he from the hood side, but sorry i don't Act out of my character in which my parents raised me, A gentlemen respectful Kind and caring. If you crazy *** women looking for someone to slap u up, which are many out there, Keep it moving. I'm moving out into my own place the end of the year, and about to buy a Car. I love going out into the city By myself being i don't have many friends, Cant trust many people these days but yourself right? not saying i am not open to meet new friends. Lets Do it :). I love laughing until my side hurts, video games and learning new cultures, please if u looking for a man to always pay on a date keep it moving, ill be a gentlemen the first date but if u like me as well from then on u will contribute expenses as well we both work hard for our money, lets not be selfish, Wanna know more i'm cooler than the other side of the Pillow. Hit me up anytime, peace EASZYYY!
Fabolous
Biggie.PAC
Methodman Redman
Maxwell
Lenny Williams
Sam Cooke
brian Mcknight
All Oldies!

...sigh.

He makes me embarrassed to be from BK le sigh

Sent from my Super Kewl EVO... Please blame the phone for the typos

Fabolous
Biggie.PAC
Methodman Redman
Maxwell
Lenny Williams
Sam Cooke
brian Mcknight
All Oldies!

...sigh.

Sounds like a cool sane guy considering the fact that he is 23 years old. I have no problem taking turn paying for dates in this day and age so what he says doesn't bother me a bit. I hope he finds a good woman. :yep:

^The guy is 23 years old.

I expect that nonesense out of a 23 year old. Are yall only dating men in your age bracket or is anyone dating older men to avoid the 20-something mess?

A female 23 is completely different from a male at age 23. Age isnt foolproof, I know but even in my 20's I always wanted the older guys.

^^^^ yeah, I don't take anyone under 30 seriously and it's been that way for a couple of years. I just turned 26, though, so now 30 is only a few years difference.

Uh my 4 suitable suitors has been cut down to 3. I talked to one of the guys last night. He was fun to talk to but not date-able. He wanted his woman to be super good at sex, smoke with him, be independent, but go to church with. Not that I disagree (I refuse to smoke anything) with all of his requirements but on the first talk with someone?

Then I think he had probably smoked before be called me. He started talking about how people should be able to snort crack, because they are only harming themselves. Yeah. Then I asked him what he did he said he was an online wholeseller but he has other 'things' that he makes money from. But he wouldn't tell me what they were.

He will be 34 in November.

Sounds like a cool sane guy considering the fact that he is 23 years old. I have no problem taking turn paying for dates in this day and age so what he says doesn't bother me a bit. I hope he finds a good woman. :yep:

^The guy is 23 years old.

I expect that nonesense out of a 23 year old. Are yall only dating men in your age bracket or is anyone dating older men to avoid the 20-something mess?

A female 23 is completely different from a male at age 23. Age isnt foolproof, I know but even in my 20's I always wanted the older guys.

^^^^ yeah, I don't take anyone under 30 seriously and it's been that way for a couple of years. I just turned 26, though, so now 30 is only a few years difference.

My 'issue' isn't that he wants to even the playing field financially, I've paid for dates before with people I've dated and been in relationships with.

I just don't really deem that necessary to make a pivotal part of your profile, but maybe its just me.

I also wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.. I usually go for guys who are 3-5 years older than me. (Although this time, I will be checking IDs. :lol:)

sooo.. major disappointment. i met this guy on pof awhile ago. i thought from his profile we had a lot in common, but didnt find him particularly attractive and he was a little too young for me and had no degree. so in the FIRST msg i sent to him i stated that i just wanted to be friends and i really liked his profile and thought we had a lot in common. he agreed and we talked from there. exchanged numbers, talked about our dates. he told me about the women in his life, i told him about the men in mine, etc. so we're just friends right? anyway we finally met and hung out like 2 weeks ago. had a good time. the next day we spent the day together then too. after that day, we made further plans to hang out. most of my friends have either moved away, are boo'd up, or both. so most times when going out i am going alone. i didnt realize how lonely i've been until we spent all that time together. and i thought "this is JUST what i need, a friend. i want a bf too but a platonic friend is very necessary."

so we had tentative plans to hang out yesterday. he had called me earlier in the day and we set it in stone. he would come over and be the DD (he offered and now im side eyeing that offer big time) but anyway he offered and i agreed since i like to drink when i go out. he asked me "then what?" i told him he could sleep on my couch if he was too tired to go home or he can go home. he made a little slick comment about not wanting to sleep on the couch alone and if he has to sleep there then so do i. :huh: so i go "what do you mean? i'm going to sleep in my bed. why would i sleep on the couch?" he tells me he's jk'ing and asked me if i was alright bc i seemed a bit grumpy. i guess i was feeling grumpy so i just passed it off as me being in a bad mood. so anyway, we hang up with the idea that he would be coming to my place around 11 and that he would call me at 10.

after the convo i was still bothered and recalled some past convos. i thought it seemed like he may have some romantic interest in me and didn't want to lead him on. i thought that it was probably just me being full of myself but i thought it was better to be safe than sorry. so i msg'd him letting him know that i felt the need to make it clear that i just wanted friendship from him. and im sure he already knows this and feels the same way since we had already established that in the pof convos but i just felt the need to clear the air, and that i looked forward to seeing him later. he never responded.

anyway time comes for me to get ready like 3 hrs later and i still haven't heard from him. so i msg'd him saying i was going to start getting ready and wanted to make sure he was still coming. no response two hrs later. i'm done and i'm waiting for a call or something, i call him. no answer. i text him and let him know that i'm ready and waiting for him and he finally msgs me back apologizing and telling me he didnt have his phone on him (which i dont believe) and that he won't be coming out tonight. at that point i wasn't surprised but i was PISSED and pretty hurt by all of this. i thought i finally found a platonic friend and it turned out to be bullsh!t. ladies, the very FIRST msg i sent this guy was me telling him that i only wanted to be friends. i didnt lead him on in any way. and i'm pretty certain he knew way before he sent me that last msg that he wasnt going to go out with me anymore. so why let me get ready and sit around waiting for you?! what a pr!ck he turned out to be. sadly, this is becoming a familiar feeling for me.

oh well... guess there's nothing i can do about it. i told him i wont be contacting him again and i expect him to follow suit. and to have a nice life.

i ended up going out by myself and had a good time. but there was still this tinge of sadness. that night i didnt feel like going out alone and probably wouldnt have went out at all but i dont like flaking out...guess i'm the only one who has a problem with doing this. anyway, thats the end of the story.

Last edited:
My 'issue' isn't that he wants to even the playing field financially, I've paid for dates before with people I've dated and been in relationships with.

I just don't really deem that necessary to make a pivotal part of your profile, but maybe its just me.

I also wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.. I usually go for guys who are 3-5 years older than me. (Although this time, I will be checking IDs. :lol:)

you're better than me. unless we're in a rlshp i ain't payin for ish.

runwaydream Some women are like that too, they think they can wear someone down by being such a great friends. In the end people hear what they want to.

Did you meet up with friends or did you really go alone? I am debating going to this event next weekend, and I don't have anyone to go with and I am not sure if I will know anyone.

Back