***Online Dating Support Thread***

Here's a message I got from POF today...:lachen:
an you even spot a good man? Duh. I see you peaked but didnt respond. You don’t want a good man or you drag your feet. In any case, I don’t need a woman who does not know how to step up. That’s a lazy woman who will always miss out and make excuses when she does or say she cant find a good man.

With the stats now showing 20 women for every man in Atlanta, esp a good man like me, I don't have to wait for a woman who drags her feet. Get off your *** and seek a good man or stop pretending you are ready for one.
THERE ARE A TON OF WOMEN HERE BUT THE GOOD MAN (ME) IS THE REAL PRIZE.

Predictably, I expect you will send a nasty or ignorant message to me then block me. Typical low quality female. Prove my point for me. Thanks.

greatlover2011 go look at em'

tumblr_lme7ikyake1qzskqp.gif

that boy is a trip. i cant believe someone actually wrote that foolishness.

an you even spot a good man? Duh. I see you peaked but didnt respond. You don’t want a good man or you drag your feet. In any case, I don’t need a woman who does not know how to step up. That’s a lazy woman who will always miss out and make excuses when she does or say she cant find a good man.

With the stats now showing 20 women for every man in Atlanta, esp a good man like me, I don't have to wait for a woman who drags her feet. Get off your *** and seek a good man or stop pretending you are ready for one.

Predictably, I expect you will send a nasty or ignorant message to me then block me. Typical low quality female. Prove my point for me. Thanks.

LOL OMG I CAN'T :lachen:

Date #3 with Mr. Man from POF, things are going really well. :)

We went to see Laugh at My Pain (I had seen it already but he hadn't) and then we went to a little asian bistro for dinner after. He came straight after work so he was still in a suit, but looking mighty :lick:.

My only gripe is that he can't seem to be on time which irks the *** out of me. (I always aim to be on time or a little early). The movie was for 6:50 and he had left work at 6, which would've been fine but he didn't account for the fact that rush hour traffic AND finding parking was going to take more than 50 minutes. He could sense the annoyance in my voice and just kept apologizing. Lol, I'm hoping he'll learn.

He also deleted his profile.. so I guess I'll disable mine today.

Date #3 with Mr. Man from POF, things are going really well. :)

We went to see Laugh at My Pain (I had seen it already but he hadn't) and then we went to a little asian bistro for dinner after. He came straight after work so he was still in a suit, but looking mighty :lick:.

My only gripe is that he can't seem to be on time which irks the *** out of me. (I always aim to be on time or a little early). The movie was for 6:50 and he had left work at 6, which would've been fine but he didn't account for the fact that rush hour traffic AND finding parking was going to take more than 50 minutes. He could sense the annoyance in my voice and just kept apologizing. Lol, I'm hoping he'll learn.

He also deleted his profile.. so I guess I'll disable mine today.

:congrats: Finally, a potential success story out of all this foolishness.

:congrats: Finally, a potential success story out of all this foolishness.

LOL thanks, but I'm still hesitant. Just because he deleted this profile doesn't mean he may not have another one up somewhere else... I don't know, *if* this was to go somewhere it'd be the first serious relationship since my engagement (which I ended three years ago) and so I'm a bit nervous. He seems too good to be true, it's like I'm looking for the other shoe to drop.

OKC... His 1st email to me ...

Him: Nice eyes

Me: Thanks

Him: Wanna spoil me? No strings attached?

Huh?:look: Suuuure:rolleyes:

WTF??:nono::nono::lachen::lachen:

So, I did a search on POF in the Atlanta area.....all I can say is wow...you ladies in that area have your work cut out for you as far as online dating goes...There are so many men and sooooo many crappy profiles filled with BS I was like WOW! What a huge difference in the mentality of men between there and here. After about the 99th profile that was in ALL CAPS dictating the rules that you need to follow when contacting them...then telling you to be a real woman....all the while his shiny behind is looking a little on the ***** side.....

Yeah, I can see where I would want to delete my profile....!! LOL!

God Bless y'all because even though I thought it was trifling here in NC.....you all are dealing with trifling x100 in Atlanta...

i did a search of the women around my age on POF and wow... those poor guys lol. there's NOO competition.

a lot of the women on are either unattractive, overweight or both. if they are attractive, a lot of the times their profiles are horrible. i guess they figure since they're attractive it doesn't matter? idk.. but im beginning to see why im always getting compliments on my profile now. i know i sound like im full of myself, but you guys dont see how horrible a lot of these profiles are. also i see a lot of aggressiveness in these profiles. like they'd say stuff like "i have 2 kids who are the center of my life and if you dont like it get the hell off my page" i mean geez...isnt there a better way to say that? a lot of women also list ALL of their flaws on their profile. i mean maybe one to show you're humble. but if you have a LIST of all the things wrong with you, why would anyone want to message you? idk, these girls are a trip.

eta: also, a lot of these girls are taking really slutty pix but then say they are "actively seeking a relationship" and complain in their profile that men only see them as sex objects. um... ur profile pic is a pic where the camera is aimed at your boobs. what do you expect, clueless?

Last edited:
i did a search of the women around my age on POF and wow... those poor guys lol. there's NOO competition.

I did a search in my area too, it is looking a little.. special. :lol:

Here's what one girl put on her page that made me :nono: Not even because of the content, but because she just sounds like an f'n bulldog that I don't see how she could possibly be getting any type of response.

Also i have kids and a mother that i care for so my time is very bz outside of working a full time job, if u cant deal or work w/that than sorry that sounds personal to me keep it moving, if ur a nut case, a smoocher, u dont have ur own place to live, dont have ur own ride to meet up w/me, ur married or in any type of relationship, cant avoid unnecessary bullshyt, stuck up like ur better than someone for no reason, judgemental, half naked pix, no respect, trying to stop being ignorant but cant help it, etc, etc, etc...than keep it moving, SORRY I'M NOT THE ONE, trust and believe that!!! Afterall, this is www(WorldWideWeb)right. its all about expecting the unexpected. being prepared for the unusual. oh yea almost forgot, i dont want to see pix taken w/the females being blacked or cut out, i mean seriously guys come on. u telling me those r the only pix u can find urself handsome and u cant take new better ones? oh and if u want nothing but a thin layer of skin over bones, WOWWWW well than sorry now u can stop looking at my 180lb pics which i know how to carry it well. there's many other profiles just ur type. IN OTHER WORDS, NO DRAMA PLZ!!!

Throughout my life, I've loved, I've lied, I've lost, I've missed, I've hurt, I've trusted, I've made mistakes. Most of all I've learned...Have you?

If u made it this far and the above dont apply to you and you want to be openly happy, WELCOME to my profile.

a lot of the women on are either unattractive, overweight or both. if they are attractive, a lot of the times their profiles are horrible. i guess they figure since they're attractive it doesn't matter? idk.. but im beginning to see why im always getting compliments on my profile now. i know i sound like im full of myself, but you guys dont see how horrible a lot of these profiles are. also i see a lot of aggressiveness in these profiles. like they'd say stuff like "i have 2 kids who are the center of my life and if you dont like it get the hell off my page" i mean geez...isnt there a better way to say that? a lot of women also list ALL of their flaws on their profile. i mean maybe one to show you're humble. but if you have a LIST of all the things wrong with you, why would anyone want to message you? idk, these girls are a trip.

eta: also, a lot of these girls are taking really slutty pix but then say they are "actively seeking a relationship" and complain in their profile that men only see them as sex objects. um... ur profile pic is a pic where the camera is aimed at your boobs. what do you expect, clueless?

Eh, my profile does none of these negative things and I'm still not getting anything. Life I tell ya.

tarheelgurl[USER][/USER]

I dont like pictures with a group of men and you have to play find WALDO, lil kids,ex-girlfriends, or their wedding photos...:nono:

These men are getting out of hand with messages! I think im gonna change my location and drive to SC,FL or NC.

:lachen:Its funny you say where's waldo because I saw about 15 of those looking in the ATL search!:lachen:I even saw a dude with a photo of his kids and most likely ex-wife! There was not one photo of him alone on his profile!:nono::lachen::lol:

@tarheelgurl

I dont like pictures with a group of men and you have to play find WALDO, lil kids,ex-girlfriends, or their wedding photos...:nono:

These men are getting out of hand with messages! I think im gonna change my location and drive to SC,FL or NC.

I did a search in my area too, it is looking a little.. special. :lol:

Here's what one girl put on her page that made me :nono: Not even because of the content, but because she just sounds like an f'n bulldog that I don't see how she could possibly be getting any type of response.

lmao! idk why women always seem to want to talk about how hurt they've been in the past. almost every profile i looked at was with a woman saying how hard they've had it and all the crap they've been thru. i mean when i read that all i see is "BAGGAGE" flashing in neon lights. some of these chicks need an intense e-session of tough love bootcamp.

btw, right now im talking to this guy who i'm really liking. he's 6'3, about to attend law school ( =/ not too happy about that bc i prefer someone already settled) he's good looking, light skinned blk, a Christian (who actually attends church) seems to have a good head on his shoulders, well rounded, athletic build, knows how to spell and seems like a gentleman.

i find myself checking pof often to see if i have any new msgs from him. its been about 3 days and i cant wait for him to ask me for my number.

h.o... uh oh.. i went back to stalk his profile again and i just realized something. he's not smiling in ANY of his pix. thats a huge red flag. his teeth is probably jacked. *facepalm* oh no. pls say it isnt so. he was almost perfect.

Ok bc of this board I did my own search for those in the DFW area.Oh this is some bull siht if I ever seen it.These women for the most part are coming with the thunder with major degrees and careers and appear to have their ish in line.Now I see why I only get hits from weirdo's.Now there are a few need to redo their profiles and such but most of them are on point.I even saw a chick I went to high school with as well..her's was cute.I see alot of the ladies used the Dallas Cowboys gear to possible lure some dudes in as well.There was one lady though she seemed a tough cookie and was hecka pretty white lady.I bet the men eat out of the palm of her hand bc some dudes get off on having a bossy chick.

Now back to the drawing board for me.I really want this online thing to work.I know to a degree I have to come off more interesting.I'm cool being what I am for the right now so we will shall see if this will help.

do any of you ladies have you only date a certain race in your profile? while browsing, i've noticed an abundance of women (mostly black women) making it be known that they will only respond to msgs from white men. i dont really see that in the profiles i see of blk men tho. its kind of hurtful if you ask me.

also, is it just me or cant you tell from just looking at a blk woman, whether or not she only dates white men. i can.

runwaydream I think some put it out there so if a white guy does see it and like it she is giving him the ok to message.Some white guys are a bit timid when it comes to approaching the sisters at at times.

Ok so is it message goddessmaker with your penis showing night..and if you are going to show make sure its at least 10in or something..and I may be chunky but I'm just not into sloppy dudes...vent over.

also, is it just me or cant you tell from just looking at a blk woman, whether or not she only dates white men. i can.

@runwaydream, how can you tell that a blk woman is open to non-black men?

I put that I'm open to IR on my profile though I think it's pretty obvious from my profile. But the wm don't seem to get it since they keep looking at my profile and not messaging.

Men are usually expected to send the first message, so bm don't really have to state that they are open to others. Plus, the media has created the image that most of them are open to others anyway. :look:

Last edited:
Where are you ladies meeting guys for the first time?

Does a bar on a Saturday night seem okay or do I have a bug up my a$$?

I'm meeting one guy from POF tomorrow for a bite, early evening

Dude from OKC wants to meet on Sat evening at this lil bar in the LES (NYC)

@runwaydream I think some put it out there so if a white guy does see it and like it she is giving him the ok to message.Some white guys are a bit timid when it comes to approaching the sisters at at times.

Ok so is it message goddessmaker with your penis showing night..and if you are going to show make sure its at least 10in or something..and I may be chunky but I'm just not into sloppy dudes...vent over.

yea i understand that. but i think then you should say you're open to all races, but to say you're JUST open to WHITE men and other races shouldnt even bother wasting their time is just lame and makes the girl looks like she has issues with her race.

and also, how are they able to send penis pix? what site is this on?

I put that I'm open to IR on my profile though I think it's pretty obvious from my profile. But the wm don't seem to get it since they keep looking at my profile and not messaging.

Men are usually expected to send the first message, so bm don't really have to state that they are open to others. Plus, the media has created the image that most of them are open to others anyway. :look:

:lachen: @ the bolded. but in all honesty i often see blk men saying they are open but i never see them say they are only open to white women or to just a particular race, unlike what i've seen from some bw on pof.

and the way i can tell is that they look as if they are trying to change their features (this doesnt apply to every bw who wants a wm) but a lot of them do this. they are often the ones with the long blonde weaves, colored contacts, or they just have a certain air about them. the way they dress often makes this obvious too.

i guess the bw that only want wm are desperately trying to make themselves appear less ethnic, and after looking at their pictures, im never surprised to see that they only date white men.

Where are you ladies meeting guys for the first time?

Does a bar on a Saturday night seem okay or do I have a bug up my a$$?

i try to meet at a public place, not too late at night, and in an atmosphere that usually doesnt include alcohol. i'd want to be able to have a lengthy conversation with other things to focus on instead of just that person. i find just having that person to focus on can make things awkward. barnes & nobles is usually a good first date. or an arcade.

runwaydream both penis pics where there profile pics..one wanted to chat on pof and the other I think looked at my page on pof..

I totally get you on those who want to seem to want only white men.I think its sad as no color will make you better..like bm who think they have come up bc they have a ww..

do any of you ladies have you only date a certain race in your profile? while browsing, i've noticed an abundance of women (mostly black women) making it be known that they will only respond to msgs from white men. i dont really see that in the profiles i see of blk men tho. its kind of hurtful if you ask me.

I never noticed it but guy friends of mine do and they said it's the in thing to do for alot of black women now.

Where are you ladies meeting guys for the first time? We meet at a restaurant outside somewhere in public.

Does a bar on a Saturday night seem okay or do I have a bug up my a$$? Is it a restaurant with a bar in it or strictly a bar? I would side eye a straight up bar.

See my repsonses in red.

maybe you should have someone from here critique your profile for you...also on the forum section on pof they have a section where people can critique...

I think I will officially enter the online dating game in NOV. when my studies will subside and i will be more on point.

maybe you should have someone from here critique your profile for you...also on the forum section on pof they have a section where people can critique...

I think I will officially enter the online dating game in NOV. when my studies will subside and i will be more on point.

A couple people here have already reviewed it and I even asked for help on the pof/okc forums. Overall, the advice was to take out any of my interests in black culture and to say I like football since men like that. :/

Back