***Online Dating Support Thread***

^^
Yea, I noticed that though she gets a lot of messages, the "you're so pretty" messages aren't really the kind I'm looking for.

So... I was bumming it out today and the guy from POF offered to bum it out with me. We ended up basically spending the entire day together. I know I was talking big ish about him but, I thought he was a cool person with potential. Well he was dressed waaaayyyy better this time around... I mean complete 360! That's probably because he was coming from work though. I did tell him that I hated the kind of jeans he had on the other day and he said "mental note." So maybe he'll get it... Lol!

Well I have a "friend date" next week with a seemingly lovely guy off OKCupid.

He's a songwriter and works with autistic students in the daytime.

Anyway I didn't know how successful he was until a while after I'd replied to his lovely first message. I now know he used to be in a critically acclaimed band (radio play, magazines) etc.. but he said his new stuff had the industry abuzz. I didn't think anymore of it, but a couple of days ago his management got contacted by Universal and Warner bro's to discuss publishing :blush:

But anyway yah, I get on with him really well so far. Dunno if the chemistry will be there and I'm already fatigued with faux romantic dating, so agreed to just meet and hang out, go for a walk or something. Take it slow etc..

Next Tuesday, hope it goes well.

so, i figured out how to sort of cut down on the riff raft from pof. i had no idea about setting up the filters section, until someone on here mentioned that. that has helped, ALOT!! thanks!!

btw to answer the question about texting, i used to despise texting, but now, i actually prefer it to talking on the phone right away with corresponding with people i've met online, especially since i use google voice and can text away from my computer without having to be bothered with talking on the phone immediately.

so, i figured out how to sort of cut down on the riff raft from pof. i had no idea about setting up the filters section, until someone on here mentioned that. that has helped, ALOT!! thanks!!

btw to answer the question about texting, i used to despise texting, but now, i actually prefer it to talking on the phone right away with corresponding with people i've met online, especially since i use google voice and can text away from my computer without having to be bothered with talking on the phone immediately.

Yup! It basically stops the 100s of "hey ma" messages from coming in. So the amount of messages you get decrease significantly, but hopefully you get better quality. But some of the annoying ones still get through with the, "i like yo smile. you iz beutifil. i wud like 2 git 2 kno u betta. check out my profile TO c IF u like it" messages since they are longer.

Trying okc for a week. So far not impressed. Got hit up by a 51 yr old last night...and this bug a boo who wont leave me be..

'How are you doing baby girl? I guess it is difficult for women to take a good man seriously nowadays, uh?'

No Prof Clump, guess its difficult for you to realize you stopped being attractive about 100lbs ago and I have no interest in you. I get tired of blk dudes thinking they're "good men" because they have a job, no kids and aren't incarcerated. Thats doing what your supposed to do in life! Want a cookie?

I'm just so hostile towards men these days. I'm thisclose to just running my mouth unfiltered. The more I learn about them, the less I want one.

I think I'm a bitter beyotch :sad:

Last edited:
I tried the OkCupid yesterday...I haven't been back since I signed up yet but the pickins look slim over there. We shall see. The guy I went out with Sunday and I are hitting it off really well. He's turning into a real gem.

Trying okc for a week. So far not impressed. Got hit up by a 51 yr old last night...and this bug a boo who wont leave me be..

'How are you doing baby girl? I guess it is difficult for women to take a good man seriously nowadays, uh?'

No Prof Clump, guess its difficult for you to realize you stopped being attractive about 100lbs ago and I have no interest in you. I get tired of blk dudes thinking they're "good men" because they have a job, no kids and aren't incarcerated. Thats doing what your supposed to do in life! Want a cookie?

I'm just so hostile towards men these days. I'm thisclose to just running my mouth unfiltered. The more I learn about them, the less I want one.

I think I'm a bitter beyotch :sad:

ha! thats not even the requirement anymore. as long as he has a job, or is working on a job, and has no drama with his babymom, and wasn't incarcerated for a serious offense, just drugs. :look: if they start saying things like, everyone has a past, or no one is perfect, i know something is up and 9/10 it means they have a record. ugh!!

dannie you sound like a female version of my brother talking about being "good men". He says the same thing but obviously about women outside of the jail part. Just put women instead of men and there goes his beliefs.

I give my name out after a few messages if I'm thinking I'll want to go out with him. I don't give my phone number out until it's time to meet. I've found that texting doesn't work for me (I don't like talking on the phone so if I give my number out in advance it'll be texting) because the familiarity is too soon or something. I kind of prefer the blind date feel for the first meet. So mine will usually go that we talk on okcupid for awhile (this has ranged from a couple weeks to months... "met" one guy around Christmas and didn't meet til May, but we weren't chatting consistently during that time, just every now and again) and sometimes we will IM before meeting, then we plan to meet, then exchange numbers in case one needs to contact the other.

So guy that I've been dating for a month...talking to everyday all of a sudden stops communication. No texting, no calling...no response to me. Active on the dating site we met on and adding girls on facebook.

At the very least I thought we were friends, so if he lost interest I thought he could've been man enough...adult enough to tell me. Ya live and ya learn!

So guy that I've been dating for a month...talking to everyday all of a sudden stops communication. No texting, no calling...no response to me. Active on the dating site we met on and adding girls on facebook.

At the very least I thought we were friends, so if he lost interest I thought he could've been man enough...adult enough to tell me. Ya live and ya learn!

These are the types of situations that really bother me. Makes me want to contact him just to make him "man up" and be honest with me. Don't like to let folks get off easy. Makes you wonder if anything they said was true and what made him change his mind about you. :perplexed

These are the types of situations that really bother me. Makes me want to contact him just to make him "man up" and be honest with me. Don't like to let folks get off easy. Makes you wonder if anything they said was true and what made him change his mind about you. :perplexed

Ya I was thinking that same thing...and I do plan on calling him again and just leaving him a message saying at the very least I thought that we were friends, and if something changed he could've told me....I mean we were supposed to go out this weekend and away next month...so yeah. Then I'm gonna wish him well on his search...

I'm just happy that I know what a jerk he is now, rather than find out a year into it!

Ok so i'm done with on-line dating when a guy tells me he has evil and hate growing inside him :blush::rolleyes::sad::nono::dead: and that vortex might be headed my way i'm done. He scared the crap outta me cause he seemed normal at first and then he started talking about anger and hate. I was out. I'm done pulled down my profile and everything. Good luck to you guys and please be careful.

Ok so i'm done with on-line dating when a guy tells me he has evil and hate growing inside him :blush::rolleyes::sad::nono::dead: and that vortex might be headed my way i'm done. He scared the crap outta me cause he seemed normal at first and then he started talking about anger and hate. I was out. I'm done pulled down my profile and everything. Good luck to you guys and please be careful.

OMG... But at least his craziness came out before you invested any real time in him!

Try Chicago. 60603. Now you definitely will be getting some attention there. Report back :lol:

Whoa, so hella dudes (mostly white, some even cute) from the 60603 have been checking out my page all day.

But they were also all too afraid to send me a message.

funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

Back