***Online Dating Support Thread***

@RossBoss, you got that on OKcupid? Or on POF without any filtering?

It was on POF. My email inbox was blowing up everyday with new messages, but the men were ugly and even if they were decent looking I just didn't feel comfortable with the whole thing so that made them look unattractive in my eyes. I was getting hit up by Whites, Blacks, Latins and even some Indians, but I pulled the plug on the whole thing because I didn't want to waste anyone's time.

@RossBoss, did you put in any filters on your email settings? Or did you leave it open to all to message you with any message length?

I don't think I used any filters. I was not on POF long enough to know about the different options for mail. The 2 weirdest ones were White guys. I was online and he popped up in some type of video cam with a chain around his neck. And another one who I deemed a serial online dater would forget that he messaged me before and send the same message "6'2 210 lb. White male here" or something like that. Yeah, I had to cancel all that crap with the quickness.

lushcoils

I see you're in the DC area too. lol. Watch out for "PatoVa" on POF. The guy is annoying as heck! He is what I branded as the serial online dater in my previous post. I believe I had blocked him after he did that 2 or 3 times.

Oh, wow he's in his 50s. He wouldn't be able to message me anyway because I limited my messages to men under 30. Thankfully! lol

Hahaha! I was 35 in January so I think I set it up from 35-60 or something like that. I am in a relationship now(sort of:spinning:) but if I ever became single again I would not use online dating, jmo.

Yup!
I'm also attractive and physically fit and not getting messages. It happens.

IA with @lushcoils, so i decided to delete my NY account and try again in my area. Guess what? I'm back to square one SMDH. I set up a profile on OKC for my area today and i've gotten over 100 visitors but guess how many have messaged me? That's right, barely any of them:yep:

I know i'm very attractive, i've had a number of men over the years confirm this to me but where i'm at right now and online? A sista ain't getting no play:nono:

Last edited:
Just got back from date #5 from POF. I must say that he could be a keeper. He brought me a bottle of wine and a candle that he made as a gift. I thought that was really nice...I had gotten flowers from a POF date before but not wine. This guy is a wine afficianado and had been educating me on different wines so his intentions are to introduce me to the wines he likes. I thought it was really sweet.

We had a great time and good conversation and basically hung out from 12:30 until about 20 minutes ago. I also let him kiss me!:blush::spinning: That's big for me because I never kiss on the first date....so either I'm slipping...getting desparate...or really like this guy.:grin:

So, score one for POF.....

I think y'all doing a bit too much now. I have had absolutely no trouble getting attention on okc.

Try living in a small backwoods *** college town and then tell me what you think @Mischka:lol:

I lived in MA before moving to this dingy a$$ town and I never, i mean never had any issues attracting guys as much as i'm doing now. It has to do with the location. There's nothing else i've changed in my life besides my location:yep:

Last edited:
@lushcoils change your zip code to 21215! And wait like...2 days. By 2 days and you still don't have anything then I guess you're just a phuckin unicorn :lol:

ETA: and yea, on OKC, how do you see the color of your dot??

Last edited:
you cant look at it yourself so youre either gonna have to have someone tell you, or create a dummy profile and search for yourself. it upset me way too much that my dot turned green :nono: legit messing with my message ratio.

lets all share in the communal fake profile. you guys can use mine, and change the location as you see fit. you can do anonymous browsing so that it wont link back to your real profile, or just clear it after youre done. i only ask that if you are going to use it, when you message with someone dont delete it bc i want to read it :lol:

s/n kendallsoup
pw lhcfcom

YAY! Thank you @mischka! This is so much fun! :lol: I found myself! And I reply selectively . I clicked on this girls profile who I thought was really cute...I wanted to message her...but decided against it :look: lol

I changed the location back to Chicago and logged out.

And I'm pretty sure one of yall muthaphuckas viewed my profile earlier today :lachen:

My thing is probably about to go to 'replies all the damn time and is desperate' :lachen: cause I'm about to reply to a few messages lol

Last edited:
Question about OKC since i'm not all that familiar with it. Do they normally reset your amount of visitors? I mean they've reset mine twice today and I created my profile around 5:00pm CST:perplexed

it doesnt reset it, but it continually averages it out, so during the day/week the numbers do change. i think it starts over for the week on sunday so thats probably why.

@qchelle child hush aint nobody looking at your profile :lol: REMEMBER TO USE ANONYMOUS BROWSING we are not trying to out anyone here. better yet just do not view the fake profile from your real page, and clear the pages you visited each time (its the visitors list on the left side rather than the right side)

:lachen: I swear somebody from LHCF viewed me!

But anywho, I didn't click on my profile from kendalls page. I just did an advanced search and scrolled down until I saw myself :D Looking ever so lovely, if I do say so myself lol

hmmm i should change locations on my own profile just to see what happens. but then i cant disable it again for another week :sad: but THEN i could get a bunch of messages that i dont have to reply to bc ill never meet them and ignore them all and get my red dot back :lol:

:perplexed it caught your attention as in... that's what made you want to go out with him? :look: :lol: was he hot? :lol:

lol @ that date though! omg! that's awful lol. hes probably not a virgin bc... what virgin would act like that and then do that?

:lol: but ok, say he was. maybe outside of the chemistry he really did feel you didnt have whatever commonality he was looking for and maybe holding out for it is why hes a virgin. if youve been a virgin for that long im gonna assume youre looking for something very specific, and unlike the rest of us, who are thinking of potentially boning someone because we like them, they dont have that draw. im sure being a 33 year old virgin, he has honed his system of rejection.

He caught my eye initially because I thought his pics were gawgeous. Then I scrolled down to read his profile and read the whole virgin thing.

That actually makes a lot of sense :lol:

He did admit to being uber picky...which is a-okay with me. I just didnt expect this fool to initiate a makeout session (that I had to end) then proceed to pull the whole "I'm not interested" card 2 days later.

...Just to be clear though. I have nothing against Virgins. For some odd reason I thought he'd be nicer and have better morals then the typical L.A horndogs that I'm used to. I was sooooooo wrong :lachen:

:rolleyes: He's playing games. After this, I would have been done with the whole online dating circus. LOL

I very seriously played with the idea of deleting my profile on there. I then figured that one monkey dont stop no show.

I have another date with someone next week....hopefully he's normal :lol:

Soooo I changed my thing to browse anon. And when I changed it back (to browse openly), it's not letting me see who viewed my page :( Why not?

bc it deleted them all :lol: you have to wait for new visitors now

eta: what is an area where the men are desperate and thirsty for new meat? :look: :lol:

Last edited:
I set up a profile on OKC for my area today and i've gotten over 100 visitors but guess how many have messaged me? That's right, barely any of them:yep:

SAME exact thing happened to me last week when I made a new profile. :perplexed

@qchelle, I'm changing my zip code now.......

I'll wait. :look:

And I still can't find myself using my dummy account. (using Female, black, my age range, education, near me, online recently, a photo, straight....) So sketch.

Last edited:
really dude?:yawn::look::look::look:

oooooooooooooooo babe, nice, wow, you are so fine babe, and what a
body too, Would l love to tell you what your lovely body just did to me,,
smile, you would be flattered,,,

How many of you initiate conversations with men? Do you tend to let them take the lead in that regard? I've been off the market for so long i don't know which way up is from down anymore lol i'm just kidding but not really:lol::lol::lol::nono:

bc it deleted them all :lol: you have to wait for new visitors now

eta: what is an area where the men are desperate and thirsty for new meat? :look: :lol:

omg what?! :( If I had known that, I wouldn't have even done it! :mad:

Oook so this same dude messaged me on POF on the 22nd and on OKC today :spinning: lol

@lushcoils you can search for yourself by your username.

this is pissing me off. now that ive got the idea in my head i want a bunch of messages, damnit. im gonna put up a slutty pic and get slutty messages if i have to :lol:

Last edited:
Back