***Online Dating Support Thread***

I absolutely refuse to message anyone back who has 'Graduated from High School' as their education and are over the age of 18.

I absolutely refuse to message anyone back who has 'Graduated from High School' as their education and are over the age of 18.

Tell me about it. What's the point? Unless you're extremely motivated and successful in your own right, i don't believe we have much in common sir:nono:

Why won't anyone visit my freaking page?!!? I'm not used to seeing no faces in the sidebar :( :( It looks so lonely over there!

Why won't anyone visit my freaking page?!!? I'm not used to seeing no faces in the sidebar :( :( It looks so lonely over there!

put up a pic of some random boobs and then take it down :lol:

i did dc (got a five star but no messages), cleveland (got 3 messages) and now im in new york new york :lol:

eta: im not getting nada in ny :cry3: should have stayed in cleveland :lol:

eta2: i quit. just gonna delete the profile and start over in a few months.

Last edited:
What if they are doing the same or better than you though? Just curious.

Nah, still don't care. I like talking about school and things related to school. Yes, I really am that boring and there are way too many guys who are in school for me to change those standards.

ETA: oh, and the obligatory 'I value education' :look: lol

hey if anyone is bored...I want to do an experiment. Can anyone change their location to san francisco...zip 94112...open your option to 100 miles...

can you tell me the type of guys who view your page or message you? :)

hey if anyone is bored...I want to do an experiment. Can anyone change their location to san francisco...zip 94112...open your option to 100 miles...

can you tell me the type of guys who view your page or message you? :)

I just did, I'll let you know how it turns out:yep:

oh and btw ladies so I think despite the reset i've had probably over 300 views since I signed up yesterday but absolutely no messages from anyone I was remotely interested in talking to. I received about 3 messages over all but these were from guys none of y'all would even consider as prospects. WOW:lol::nono:

I get a pretty decent number of views/messages from POF and OKC, but again I personally prefer POF to OKC.. I've met three really nice, intellectual and attractive guys off of there. (I'm in NYC, I don't know if this makes a difference.)

Guy #1 from POF is still progressing rather well. :) We spoke this morning because he wanted to say a quick good morning before I start my day, and we're both excited to meet this week.

Guy #2 from POF is the one who I have really awesome convos with but because I'm into guy #1, I haven't paid him as much mind. He wants to go out sometime this week, and even though I told him I'm pretty busy he said he doesn't mind waiting until I become free. I think we'll hang Saturday.

oh and btw ladies so I think despite the reset i've had probably over 300 views since I signed up yesterday but absolutely no messages from anyone I was remotely interested in talking to. I received about 3 messages over all but these were from guys none of y'all would even consider as prospects. WOW:lol::nono:

Log off my account. :lol:

----------------------

Nellie, I tried your area last night. Gotta a couple views from all sorts of men, and then a lame thuggish black dude messaged me. :ohwell:

Log off my account. :lol:

----------------------

Nellie, I tried your area last night. Gotta a couple views from all sorts of men, and then a lame thuggish black dude messaged me. :ohwell:

I got four messages from one guy in the span of a few hours, all because I wasn't answering quickly enough for him. I was going to answer and say no thanks, but he was so persistent I just stopped answering altogether.

It started with... (at 2:01pm)

Hello you are so pretty.. omg we are like a 71% match, thats pretty gd..my name is Jerry but ppl call me J..wassup

Followed by.. (at 6:17pm)

you are to prety to be single...u should prob talk 2 somebody who likes you!

And then... (at 7:30pm)

besides...two muts deserve one another :-)

He must've decided to go to sleep. But this morning I get..

Hi, can I get some luv lol

:nono:

Well I'm giving the whole online dating thing a try. I have such a crazy work schedule that this mostly is the only way that I can at least meet men.

To answer the previous question about initiating convo. I have been doing it and just saying hello and that has started me to speaking with a couple of guys.

I'm speaking back and forth with this one guy that seems very nice and we have long messages instead of the whole couple of words thing. I like for men to have a full convo it just feels more personalized to me when someone actually writes something that can't be copied and pasted and we are actually having a full conversation.

Also I'm not accepting anyone that doesn't have a bachelors degree or higher.

I've been doing POF and I cancelled Match.com. I actually had to change my username on POF and I've been getting alot of messages. And another factor to changing my name was that I found my ex on there and he had been viewing my profile. I had my previous username for at least 2 years(since I signed up for POF).

At first I was going to cancel it, but I just decided to change my username instead and haven't seen that he has been viewing me.

I think red dots would work against men, but not women. Women aren't SUPPOSED to be making the first move anyway, it'll be even worse if you see upfront the guy is picky with his selections. With men contacting women, however, the incentives are totally different. You don't want a woman who is open to everyone. You want a picky woman, and also because you're a guy, your self-esteem/ego is deluded enough to think YOU'RE special enough to be the one that she'll respond to.

I can't say for sure the green dot is the cause of my messages dropping off. But prior to the past few weeks I have been getting messages steadily during the entire duration of my membership on that site, and suddenly I was not getting anything. Correlation is not causation, but I'm going to figure the two things are related because the dip was too low.

Ladies. How soon do you move the online chatting offline?

If the converstation is going well and he seems to be able to put sentences together, I wait about a week then give them my email. With the guy I went out went yesterday, we must have spoke on POF about 2 weeks then I gave him my email. We probably exchanged numbers a week after that. I take it slow and try to wait them out to give the crazy a chance to show up. Some men can hide it a long time!:yep:

this is the gem of a msg i just received from pof lmao. sad to say but this is the type of msgs i tend to get from this site. only 1-2 of maybe 100's are of actual substance.

My goodness woman you have the most beautiful eyes I could write all day while looking in them and you are just so sexy to me you would have this country boi cooking for you buttnaked with a cow boy hat and tims on just to make you smile lol my name is cedric by the way

LOL @ having the LHCF communal dummy account.

It is being used communally :lol: I see people are reading the new messages as they come in. Aren't they infuriating? I can't believe all the comments about the profile being funny when I WAS THE ONE WHO WROTE THAT STUFF :lol: and now I wouldn't be able to use it on my own profile. Granted I wrote it a long time ago (my niece and nephew that i referenced are 7 now) but it seems to be a draw in getting messages.

I kinow some of you have mentioned that you've done background searches on potential online guys, could you explain how (websites, etc...) and what you look for?

How much info do you need to search a person? Have you ever uncovered any craziness?

TIA

I kinow some of you have mentioned that you've done background searches on potential online guys, could you explain how (websites, etc...) and what you look for?

How much info do you need to search a person? Have you ever uncovered any craziness?

TIA

After I get their name and job/school, it's usually easy to find them on google unless their name is too common.

SN: I'm about to copy a profile from one of these ww and see if I can finally get a message. :look:

I'm logged onto the lhcf page now. I see it's in the DC area. I wonder if anyone that looked at my profile has messaged this one. *side eye* lol

-Ok another ETA: I'm learning a lot from this page. Instead of copying ww, I think I'm going to use tips from this page and make my profile more goofy. Did this account get any quality messages though?

I see that many of the guys that viewed my page also viewed this one, and didn't message her either. Lames. :lol:

Last edited:
Do you ever want to give advice to men online?
for example
I guess I kinda like BAD GIRLS because I'm a good guy. I believe that all WOMEN deserve everything positive in their everyday life. Talk to me, my beautiful PRINCESSES...I will not bite! SN: I JUST DONT KNOW BUT FOR SOME APPARENT REASON, I LOVE BAD GIRLS!!! I also love to cuddle with a woman letting her know that she is special, kissing her, holding her, and protecting her. There is nothing more pleasurable than holding a woman letting her know she is the apple of my eye and giving her a LOVE BATH.

what is a LOVE BATH?!!!!!

this is his headline
MRBEEJAYE : I NEED A GIRL TO GO OUT WITH. I'M LONELY...VERY..

oh ok.

After I get their name and job/school, it's usually easy to find them on google unless their name is too common.

SN: I'm about to copy a profile from one of these ww and see if I can finally get a message. :look:

I'm logged onto the lhcf page now. I see it's in the DC area. I wonder if anyone that looked at my profile has messaged this one. *side eye* lol

-Ok another ETA: I'm learning a lot from this page. Instead of copying ww, I think I'm going to use tips from this page and make my profile more goofy. Did this account get any quality messages though?

I see that many of the guys that viewed my page also viewed this one, and didn't message her either. Lames. :lol:

You can check out the messages and decide for yourself whether they are quality or not. I think they were ok overall. It's only been in dc for less than 24 hours though.

The funny thing is that one guy in there who was SWEATING "her" and sent like four or five different message strings, he had absolutely zero interest in me. He was interested in me when I had a fake profile that was nothing but body pics, but not in my profile with regular pics (that do not show off my body bc it doesn't look as good as it did before - YET :lol:). Things like that are cues to me that I need to lose weight :lol: But overall I think that profile gets a lot of compliments on looks. I got some of those but mostly I think my messages tried to appeal to me intellectually. So you have to be careful gearing the profile toward the type of response you want.

eta: i will say that profile got messaged by black men a lot. probably like half the messages are black men. i would get messaged by a black guy like once or twice a month. and all the statistical things were the same (education, career, age, etc).

MRBEEJAYE : I NEED A GIRL TO GO OUT WITH. I'M LONELY...VERY..
*dead*

Last edited:
Back