***Online Dating Support Thread***

Ive only used okcupid...the guys are really great on paper in person...no sparks!

True that. I didn't meet any male whores.... I just met guys who seemed to have interesting profiles but were actually a total bore in person! No sparks, no nothing. Not exciting at all!!

Get off the internet! It sucks! I'm reading so many unfortunate stories in this thread since I was last here. Lol.

Last edited:
14331476668121308990.jpeg

perhaps you want to post pictures where you are NOT standing in front of your mattress-on-the-floor

I had a really great conversation with Guy #1 from POF yesterday. :)

We spoke for just over an hour about everything... He's very intelligent, very polite, and seems to have his ducks lined up. He works during the week, drives to Delaware on the weekends to see his family. He was born in Trinidad but raised in Texas so he has a cute little accent to him. Went to college, played football in college and a little bit of pro but got a knee injury so he quit although he loves the sport. Mentioned a few restaurants in the city that he and I both like, I think next week we'll go to Sushi Samba. :yep:

Will keep you posted.

I wonder if the decent men out there have better luck on these sites? Do they run into crazy women like you all are running into crazy men I wonder?

I'm chatting with several cuties from NY on OKC (i'm in IL), its too bad they're no where near me so all of this is futile. This sucks:yawn:

So guy #2 wants to go to a comedy show tonight.... I'm being punked! I wouldn't dare go to a comedy club with him... The comedians would eat us alive.

I wonder if the decent men out there have better luck on these sites? Do they run into crazy women like you all are running into crazy men I wonder?

i think just by reason, there are less quality men than quality women online dating; quality men dont really need much help finding women and would probably be less likely to NEED online dating.

Heeey, I've been sleeping on this thread. I have met 4 guys from POF. Two obviously lied about their height....because I was taller that one of them with heels on and taller than the other with flip flops. That's a deal breaker because I'm 5 friggin 2.
The third guy was an ex baller overseas. He was ok. We went out twice but he always tried to get me to either come to his house or allow him to come to mine. Dude, we just met....that's not happening.
The fourth.....he said he owned a gym, he picked me up in his Porsche...but I wasn't feeling him at all, too materialistic for me. Go impress someone else with all that jibber jabber.
It is a lot more work...wading through the riff raff to get to someone I actually want to meet. But I'm not gonna give up just yet!
Date number 5 is tomorrow and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Like in the Nutty Professor? How does he look? :look:

He's actually cute! He's 6'6 with a muscular build... I'm 5'9 so I rarely feel short standing next to anyone... I felt super short standing next to him. His only issue (that I know of) is the way that he dresses and the fact that he looked like he had just finished rolling around in dirt. It was rather embarrassing!

Night #2 of great convo with POF guy #1. :)

We spoke for an hour and a half again, just talking about various things. Come to find out we're the same sign, his birthday is three days after mine. He's REALLY good about following up with what he says; he calls when he says he will, and 'checking in'. So far I'm happy but I hope we're just as into each other on Thursday. That's the date night!

So I went out with this guy from POF. On his profile he confessed to being a 33 year old virgin and that he is highly religious. I'll be honest...It caught my attention. I figured that he must be a genuine and wholesome guy...Plus he was simply adorable to boot.

So we plan our date. He suggest's meeting in Santa Monica, but I basically talk him into meeting in Culver City which is closer to where I am. I honestly don't believe in trekking to far distances for first dates. Men need to be the one to do that. I will not be putting in all the work. Anywhoooooo, We meet up at Starbucks to chat for a few then make our way to a local bookstore. The night, In my opinion was pure perfection. The conversation flowed nicely, we made deep eye-contact, we joked around playfully, the conversation had absolutely no dull points and he constantly reached over to put his arm around my waist or hold my hand. As the date came to a close he took the back of my neck and kissed me sweetly. We practicly went at it until I put a stop to our low key makeout session.

It wasnt until after we said our goodnights and went our seperate ways that I realized he never brought up a second date or texted or called to see if I made it home okay (Which is what ALL of the guys that I date usually do). I figured it was no big deal and proceeded to text him a simple "How is your day going" text a few days later. I got one of these in return:

"Hey. Your a really sweet girl and I had a really great time, but we didn't have much in common. I hope you have a great life!"

WTF! Really?

I wish he would have come to that conclusion before he stuck his tounge down my throat! Fake a$$ christian/virgin :censored:

So I went out with this guy from POF. On his profile he confessed to being a 33 year old virgin and that he is highly religious. I'll be honest...It caught my attention.
:perplexed it caught your attention as in... that's what made you want to go out with him? :look: :lol: was he hot? :lol:

lol @ that date though! omg! that's awful lol. hes probably not a virgin bc... what virgin would act like that and then do that?

:lol: but ok, say he was. maybe outside of the chemistry he really did feel you didnt have whatever commonality he was looking for and maybe holding out for it is why hes a virgin. if youve been a virgin for that long im gonna assume youre looking for something very specific, and unlike the rest of us, who are thinking of potentially boning someone because we like them, they dont have that draw. im sure being a 33 year old virgin, he has honed his system of rejection.

So I went out with this guy from POF. On his profile he confessed to being a 33 year old virgin and that he is highly religious. I'll be honest...It caught my attention. I figured that he must be a genuine and wholesome guy...Plus he was simply adorable to boot.

So we plan our date. He suggest's meeting in Santa Monica, but I basically talk him into meeting in Culver City which is closer to where I am. I honestly don't believe in trekking to far distances for first dates. Men need to be the one to do that. I will not be putting in all the work. Anywhoooooo, We meet up at Starbucks to chat for a few then make our way to a local bookstore. The night, In my opinion was pure perfection. The conversation flowed nicely, we made deep eye-contact, we joked around playfully, the conversation had absolutely no dull points and he constantly reached over to put his arm around my waist or hold my hand. As the date came to a close he took the back of my neck and kissed me sweetly. We practicly went at it until I put a stop to our low key makeout session.

It wasnt until after we said our goodnights and went our seperate ways that I realized he never brought up a second date or texted or called to see if I made it home okay (Which is what ALL of the guys that I date usually do). I figured it was no big deal and proceeded to text him a simple "How is your day going" text a few days later. I got one of these in return:

"Hey. Your a really sweet girl and I had a really great time, but we didn't have much in common. I hope you have a great life!"

WTF! Really?

I wish he would have come to that conclusion before he stuck his tounge down my throat! Fake a$$ christian/virgin :censored:
Damn. :lachen::lachen::lachen:Short, sweet and straight to the point. I'm going to use that one.

I knew a 30+ virgin in Atlanta. He was the biggest weirdo/pervert I have ever met. It was like dating one of those extremely horny teenage boys who haven't had any yet. I asked what did he want to do one day and he replied "take a shower together." :ohwell: I even pulled a knife on him one day, child :lol: I believe he was a virgin though because I cannot imagine a woman voluntarily giving him any vajayjay.

so i decided to browse black women just to see what it was looking like. a sea of replies often. i checked my own profile again just to be sure and suddenly my message dot is green! i resent that! i periodically check to see what color my dot is and it fluctuates between red and yellow. and suddenly its green? thats a steaming crock. i totally ignore most of the messages i get. on my whole first page of 30 messages, i only replied to 3 of them. how many more dudes do i have to ignore before they turn it red again :sad:

i hope they are not counting individuals with whom i have ongoing conversations with because that is cheating. :lol: its a political statement, what with their "data" about black women replying the most. im trying to do my part to change that perception. change my damn dot back! :lol: i would totally not be surprised if the color change is responsible for how dead my profile has been recently.

eta: that makes me want to delete my profile :nono: instead i went on ahead and finally disabled it.... i messaged the guy and gave him my email address but i dont really expect him to use it. i knowthe chances are slim that i would ever bother to do that, i would have to have really, really liked the guy. even though we've been talking since the first week in july, im not entirely convinced that he really, really likes me.

Last edited:
I just wanted to come in here and encourage you ladies to have hope. I met my fiance online and I can honestly say I have never felt such a strong connection with anyone I have ever met.

*sigh* I still haven't deleted any of my profiles and keep getting messages.....and I haven't physically been on any of the sites in a week! :lol: I just see the 'you have a new message' thing pop up on my phone and ignore them! smh lol

WTF! Really?

:rolleyes: He's playing games. After this, I would have been done with the whole online dating circus. LOL

Yup!
I'm also attractive and physically fit and not getting messages. It happens.

Wow just wow, my little short foray into online dating, within a week I think I received close to 100 messages, but then again, maybe the blonde haired blue eyed chicks and the asians get that in one day.:grin:

RossBoss, you got that on OKcupid? Or on POF without any filtering?

mischka, how are you finding yourself on the okcupid searches? I'm trying, but for some reason I'm not showing up in the searches when I put in the filters that I fit. Did you use another account or something?

Back