***Online Dating Support Thread***

Saw a message from a cutie. Read it and this is what he said:

Hey ! I'm gonna be quite forward. I never had sex with a black girl. Are you interested ? X

This is what I replied:

You might want to try the sex personals. I'm sure there's plethora of sexually fustrated black women who would undoubtedly rock your world.

Word of caution for you on your quest. The general consensus amongst black women is if a white man approaches them then he must definately be 'well endowed' (due to the stereotype of black men having the largest members, a white man wouldn't step forward if he couldn't compete).
So WGP, if you are smaller than 8 inches, thinner than a pencil, and have the stamina of a sprinter than please stick to Caucasian beauties and Asian goddesses.
Wouldn't want you to suffer any embarassment that might question your manhood for the remainder of your sexually active life.

Good Luck :)

Saw a message from a cutie. Read it and this is what he said:

Hey ! I'm gonna be quite forward. I never had sex with a black girl. Are you interested ? X

This is what I replied:

You might want to try the sex personals. I'm sure there's plethora of sexually fustrated black women who would undoubtedly rock your world.

Word of caution for you on your quest. The general consensus amongst black women is if a white man approaches them then he must definately be 'well endowed' (due to the stereotype of black men having the largest members, a white man wouldn't step forward if he couldn't compete).
So WGP, if you are smaller than 8 inches, thinner than a pencil, and have the stamina of a sprinter than please stick to Caucasian beauties and Asian goddesses.
Wouldn't want you to suffer any embarassment that might question your manhood for the remainder of your sexually active life.

Good Luck :)

I love your response! What a jerk!

Recently signed up for pof. Got an email about someone that wanted to meet me. I click the link and the guy is cute, but then I realize half of his pics are of a girl. Look back at the username... JayNWendy. It's a couple looking for an extra.

I do hate that meet me thing though. It's kinda like the okcupid quickmatch thing.

Is there anyway to block meetme on POF? It's annoying getting those emails. And the guys never message you, yet they want to meet. :rollseyes:

2ni7eaf.jpg

This is a man....hot dog this POF is sucking bootay!:lol:

This guy is really sparking my interest... We exchanged messages all day today and his asks some really good questions too... He still hasn't asked for my email or number yet...

i wanna delete my profile for awhile. my page has been dead, and im only talking to one guy im interested in. im starting to feel bad for ignoring perfectly good messages from perfectly decent guys just because a.) i dont feel like talking b.) i know i dont want to meet soon c.) my hearts just not into it rn even if i would like to pursue options as they become available.

i messaged him last so i wish he would hurry up and message me back so i can give him some alternate contact info and go ahead and deactivate my page. i think i dont want to come back until i can take new pics.

You know what's depressing me, I have yet to see a single success story from this thread :sad: that isn't the case in this other thread I'm reading that is largely white folks... though there is this muslim med student who keeps complaining about not being "white enough" for okcupid without realizing a.) he's a humongous douchenozzle and b.) he keeps messaging beautiful vapid girls who only care about looks and doesn't understand he's not good looking enough.

Yeah, I had did the POF thing either the first or second week of January, I kept my profile up for about 9 days and I was done. Either the guys were ugly or they were strange. I am enjoying reading this thread and it confirms that my experience, albeit short, was not unique.

Between POF and OKC, POF is more of the winner for me.

For one, I feel like some of the guys (most of them, really) that are hitting me up on OKC are closeted gay guys. :ohwell: Whereas on POF, I met three guys and so far the convo is good with all of them.

Guy #1 is the 30 y/o, no kids, Marketing RN and lives in my area. Convo is good so far through text and he called last night, very nice with a southern accent. :yep: He wants to get together for lunch or coffee, so we'll see how that goes.

Guy #2 is 26, no kids, just quit his job to finish the last semester of college for a degree in Biomedical Engineering. Conversation is the best with him because we talk back and forth a lot throughout the course of the day.. He's attractive although not exactly my type, but its weird because in one instant he's saying that he's open to a relationship but not looking for one (He just got out of a 3 year relationship) but then he's asking me what kind of guys am I into.

Guy #3 is 33, no kids, a warehouse manager of this company he 'co-owns' (taking that with a grain of salt) with a partner. We spoke very briefly, but he emailed me last night and I told him I'd talk to him later today.

Whereas on OKC, I'm getting hit up by cowboys, sweetboys, and senior citizens. :lol:

I joined POF 2 nights ago, have received tons of messages, andresponded to 0 lol. I don't know why not...some of the messages are actually good...I guess I just don't care :ohwell: Sooo I'm gonna delete that page. I feel bad for not responding :(

I don't receive nearly as many messages on OKC. I think I'll keep this one for a while. And OKC has a nicer layout, IMO. I've been friendly chatting with this dude, so that's nice I guess lol.

Another major difference between the two for me is that with POF, it's like 98% BM who message/check out my page. On OKC, it's the complete opposite lol. That's strange.....it's the same zip code and I have the same pictures up :confused:

ETA: The reason why I don't care is because I'm not looking for a relationship at all right now...so yea.

I have a date with an ex-pro-basketball player tonight. We have super crazy chemistry. He seems to be the type that will fall in love quickly though. I'm not ready for that right now. But he's already set up date #2 (brunch on Saturday morning) and we haven't even been on date #1.
I'm excited about him.

I'm still friends with the ex-BF. He's still lingering around trying to get back in but I just wanna be freeeeeeeee!!!!:grin:

Last edited:
Today makes one full week of being on POF...which means I am deleting it sometime today...
It was entertaining while it lasted.

i tried pof, okcupid, and match out of sheer boredom to meet new people. lmao.
okcupid, i got a bunch of weird older white men.

pof was 99% black, but most (that messaged me )were just looking for booty calls, unemployed, or obvious dope boys. i corresponded with 1 potential that was "good on paper" but it was like pulling teeth having a conversation with him

match is a mixed bag, there is some good and bad on there, with not alot of follow up. its funny my friend who is on match also, gets the same guys to wink or message who don't follow up or disappear either.

this is my experience. i am waiting for my subscription for match to be up so i can cancel it. i realize i really don't like online dating, i much prefer meeting face to face initially, it seems more natural. with online dating, i feel like im on an interview, which is what it essentially is, but still....

i tried pof, okcupid, and match out of sheer boredom to meet new people. lmao.
okcupid, i got a bunch of weird older white men.

pof was 99% black, but most (that messaged me )were just looking for booty calls, unemployed, or obvious dope boys. i corresponded with 1 potential that was "good on paper" but it was like pulling teeth having a conversation with him

match is a mixed bag, there is some good and bad on there, with not alot of follow up. its funny my friend who is on match also, gets the same guys to wink or message who don't follow up or disappear either.

this is my experience. i am waiting for my subscription for match to be up so i can cancel it. i realize i really don't like online dating, i much prefer meeting face to face initially, it seems more natural. with online dating, i feel like im on an interview, which is what it essentially is, but still....

Ive only used okcupid...the guys are really great on paper in person...no sparks!

I just went on my first date with a guy from POF... We meet at a sportsbar. He seems like a cool person. He likes me but I don't know if I like him though... We'll see, I'll go out with him again...

I went on another date with a guy from POF... He's tall, cute and the conversation is cool but, he looks like a BUM! Big baggy clothes, DIRTY CUFFED jeans and gym shoes! Ive dated guys that cant dress but this is extreme!

Back