***Online Dating Support Thread***

With http://www.ringshuffle.com/ or their ring shuffle iphone app, you can get a temporary phone number for up to 7 days that forwards to your phone. If anyone uses this though, make sure you don't use the pre-recorded greeting with your phone number for your voicemail greeting.

lol thanks I figured it out as soon as I asked..
Anyone have luck on there?

I just joined wednesday...got like 100 messages and only responded to one. :ohwell:...but he's cute and seems like my type

I think POF has potential, but u have to be patient since it is a popular site, there's quality men mixed in with a bunch of douches....

I decided to sign up for POF. I am breaking my own rule of dating one person at a time. But this guy I am currently dating is not making the effort to hang out with me. It's like he is doing his thing and if I call and want to hang out he will make time. It sucks though because when we do hang out I always have a great time. He claims he will have more time in October, because before this lab project he called and initiated dates.

Oh well.

since putting an ad on craigslist since tuesday I have received over 100 messages only 20% of which went to trash..........I'm overwhelmed.

Fantastic lunch date with the International Do-Gooder (met via Craigslist), now getting ready for a dinner date with a tall, cute, "dork" (from OkCupid)

I've pretty much decided on one of those two guys... I just can't seem to decide which one between them.

Chatted with armyguy the other night. Mostly just being silly. I'm not sure if he will ask me out again, but I kinda don't care either way at this point. *shrug*

Pen Pal J and I have taken our relationship to the next level: I now have his actual email address :lachen: I had let him know that I was moving over to okc and wouldn't be logging in to match.com as much, and not renewing when it runs out. I basically said it had been nice talking to him and that I was leaving it up to him what to do next. So he responded by giving me his real email address and apparently still wants to communicate. *shrug* Well, ok then.

I had a first meeting with a new guy from okc today. His profile says he's 5' 4". I'm not very tall, so I like to give the short guys a chance sometimes. But um...I'm 5' 3", and he was totally not quite as tall as I am :look: Whatever. We went to the zoo. Good thing there were some animals there to look at, because dude was kinda boring :ohwell: He has had an interesting life, he's just kinda socially awkward. I'm no social butterfly, but dang. I was doing all the work thinking up topics to talk about. Like I said, good thing the animals were there. We went to get food afterward and I was carrying the convo again. He seems nice and all. I could totally be friends with him because he knows all kinds of random stuff and has a quirky personality, and I like people like that. But we will never be lovers :nono:

How does one lie about being 5'4' and still ends up being shorter than 5'4' WTH???:lol::lol::nono:

So a guy who just started messaging me sent me his phone # to text him in the second message :/ Yeah, I'd like to talk with him more but it just seems too soon. I've already friend zoned him cause he has a kid. Everything else about him (according to his profile) meets my standards.

I was doing the meet me thing on POF. Here is this gem:
15nx8wl.jpg

some of these dudes are so misguided.

'shawty you should be with me' will not get a response from me...esp if you have n*gga as part of your username.

You know what's depressing me, I have yet to see a single success story from this thread :sad: that isn't the case in this other thread I'm reading that is largely white folks... though there is this muslim med student who keeps complaining about not being "white enough" for okcupid without realizing a.) he's a humongous douchenozzle and b.) he keeps messaging beautiful vapid girls who only care about looks and doesn't understand he's not good looking enough.

2 great dates yesterday, but I think I've officially decided on the guy I had dinner with last night. I always have such a great time with him and I can be myself completely.

When I told him I was starting to see one guy in particular more (he asked last week since I changed my OkCupid status), he told me he'd like the opportunity to compete for my affection. :-) I like that he actually courts me. So... yeah. All good on that front. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I wondered why I never got messages from pof anymore bc I made it a requirement that all messages must be 100 characters or more..I bumped it down to 50 characters now maybe I will get a hit.

You know what's depressing me, I have yet to see a single success story from this thread :sad: that isn't the case in this other thread I'm reading that is largely white folks... though there is this muslim med student who keeps complaining about not being "white enough" for okcupid without realizing a.) he's a humongous douchenozzle and b.) he keeps messaging beautiful vapid girls who only care about looks and doesn't understand he's not good looking enough.

That's very true...I don't think online dating makes the odds any better than just meeting someone irl....I'm not holding my breath

lmao @ this dude user name being goodblackmanwithflaws.....

But I think personally for me, I haven't taken online dating serious, but I think I am too picky and I am not willing to budge on anything (not necessarily settle, but be open to different things)...

A lot of people are looking for someone who does not exist, or someone who may not be found on an online dating site.

yeah i notice those people go out a lot though. ive been on less than 10 dates. if i increased my circulation id have more opportunities for success.

there is also the obvious answer that theyre all white and the majority of people on these sites are white. its a white playground, everyone else is obviously going to be slower going because they are ready made partners for each other and its a lot easier.

If you don't like someone you don't have to reply to them.I was trying to make convo with a guy who seemed cute but he came off very short in his responses..I'm like in my head dude if you didn't like me just look at the profile decide if you can do a fat chick if not don't respond..

Well Ive been having a rough couple of months and bit the bullet and joined POF....Mmh. That site will have you kissing a lot of toads to find a prince and unfortunately Im still kissing frogs. A few weeks ago I finally "met" someone who was actually half way cute and seemingly my type but after 4 days he turned out to be a jerk so I had to delete him. It was like pulling teeth to talk to him UNLESS the conversation was about sex which was not an interest of mine. Im also getting a lot of msgs from white guys who seem to be undercover black girl lovers. Im sorry but I dont want to be someones experiment on the low. One white guy keeps sending me "I can be your white tiger" and "white chocolate" msgs :yuck: For why!?

Mind games, really? I wasn't sure if I was interested in you. And nobody told you to call me a bunch of times, especially when I was at work. Actually, I didn't say you could call me at all.

rant over :look:

Last edited:
Back