***Online Dating Support Thread***

Well that went no where fast. I was emailing back and forth with a guy from OKC for just about a week. I aksed if he had recent pics, he asked for me email to send them and then nothing... oh well.

there's been some interesting stories in this thread lately. I'm being tempted to join POF just for sh*ts and giggles, and to see what it has to offer...plus I'm bored.

*goes to join*

there's been some interesting stories in this thread lately. I'm being tempted to join POF just for sh*ts and giggles, and to see what it has to offer...plus I'm bored.

*goes to join*

You will have fun!! And I think there are quality guys on the site. :yep:

lol, I just joined and someone sent me a message asking for my hand in marriage...I can already see how this is going to go. But at least there's way more people on POF than on Okcupid. But it kind of reminds me of myspace for some reason.

So I made a new okc account with a new picture, which I'm assuming is better..because within a week so far, I've gotten over 100 views, but only 2 lousy messages. :look:

How am I unapproachable online as well? Makes no sense.

---

WTF? Dudes on POF are so thirsty. I just created a blah profile because I'm going to fix it later. A guy sends me a message within a minute after it's created, and I haven't even added my pictures yet. Also, makes no sense. :drunk:

Last edited:
I had a date two weeks ago. I have one tomorrow (different dude).

I wish I had lost all the weight already. (I say this as I debate whether or not I'm going to run today, and lament the fact that I still havent decided what I plan to wear tomorrow...)

I hear you. Thank you for your perspective. As we get on so well, I won't rule him out.

Fingers crossed for you and your guy!

Thanks! So far, so good. :) It's going so well, that I'm wondering what my mom (who is 51) would say about him. But I can't say I care much, though I loves my mommy. It's just another far-off, unlikely thing to worry about, which I tend to do with guys.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Ladies...

I've been talking to one fine piece of 6'2 brazilian, rugby playing goodness as of today.
*fans self.*
He uses whole sentences!! no abbreviations, nada! He is too yummy and so far pretty cool.
I'm gonna need one of you to come on our date (if we ever have one) to make sure I behave myself.
*insert Robert Downey Jr My body's ready gif*

Talked to a guy on the phone that I met on match. He seemed ok until I searched the clerk of courts site for his name and birthday. Theft and Nonsupport. The word incarceration came up. I did not answer his call and I don't think I plan on calling him :ohwell:

I sooooooooooooo want to cancel. This guy keeps checking my profile again and again, which is something I only do when I'm concerned the person won't be attractive enough irl. If he is expecting me to look as good as I do in my pictures he is going to be disappointed bc I just am not putting that much effort into this one :lol:

It's dinner and drinks... I think I would have preferred a Friday night outing instead somehow... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm going expecting it to be a poor match. So I should stay home, right?

Talked to a guy on the phone that I met on match. He seemed ok until I searched the clerk of courts site for his name and birthday. Theft and Nonsupport. The word incarceration came up. I did not answer his call and I don't think I plan on calling him :ohwell:
Reminds me of friend she has me give the guys name last and first and runs them in the system. Lol.....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I sooooooooooooo want to cancel. This guy keeps checking my profile again and again, which is something I only do when I'm concerned the person won't be attractive enough irl. If he is expecting me to look as good as I do in my pictures he is going to be disappointed bc I just am not putting that much effort into this one :lol:

It's dinner and drinks... I think I would have preferred a Friday night outing instead somehow... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm going expecting it to be a poor match. So I should stay home, right?

Or maybe he's excited about the date and he's going back to your page because he's showing his friends your pic because he feels lucky.:yep:

I'm bored, I am going to change my location to Atlanta, DC, houston, and then NY, just to see what the dudes out there are like lol

Seems like ATL and DC are the places to be...I haven't gotten that many messages from blk dudes ever, it's quite refreshing. And after looking through my matches in those locations, it made me envious of the ladies who live there :(. All I get in my location are white guys, but I guess that is to be expected.

Seems like ATL and DC are the places to be...I haven't gotten that many messages from blk dudes ever, it's quite refreshing. And after looking through my matches in those locations, it made me envious of the ladies who live there :(. All I get in my location are white guys, but I guess that is to be expected.

LOL girl try Boston. Ever since I got here my OKC has been dead on arrival. All these reject looking men.

We just weren't a match and the meet was kind of awkward. I think I was right when I said he kept checking my profile over and over bc he was anxious about my pictures because he didn't seem to be into it either. The reason why I was really hesitant to go was that we hadn't really connected beforehand, which I usually try to make sure there's at least something on the table to justify the meet and there wasn't... so I felt like what's the purpose of this, I don't have anything I plan to get out of it. There was nothing I was looking forward to and no reason for me to go. Yet I went anyway...

And what kills me is he is STILL checking my profile! wtf! :lol: I got home and saw that he had looked at my page again like an hour after we split. Boo him, lol.

We just weren't a match and the meet was kind of awkward. I think I was right when I said he kept checking my profile over and over bc he was anxious about my pictures because he didn't seem to be into it either. The reason why I was really hesitant to go was that we hadn't really connected beforehand, which I usually try to make sure there's at least something on the table to justify the meet and there wasn't... so I felt like what's the purpose of this, I don't have anything I plan to get out of it. There was nothing I was looking forward to and no reason for me to go. Yet I went anyway...

And what kills me is he is STILL checking my profile! wtf! :lol: I got home and saw that he had looked at my page again like an hour after we split. Boo him, lol.

Whoops! Our bad!:lachen:

At least you know for certain he's not the one.:yep:

Friday update.

So Frenchie has asked to meet up with me during the week for drinks.

Lawyer guy from pof is p*ssing me off. I do not do lastminute.com dates. We originally arranged to meet up today but he had to cancel due to it being a friends bday. No problemo. Now hear this guy approx 30min ago:

him: misss youuu lol
Me: How's your evening going
him: going well where are you?
me:At home, about to head out
him: im out with work people...save me lol
me: you're not having fun?
him?lol not really. Wanna hang out?? lol
me: We arranged to meet up today a few days ago and you said you were busy. We can arrange to meet up another day net week :)
him: lol I know I know!!! Wish we lived closer together. Could hang out :(
me: If you want to hang out, gotta let me know in advance
him:I know honey! Wanna see you tho
me:Then get your planner and timeout magazine out
him:Haha!! I'm free! Waiting for you missy

Ermmmm...Although I have nothing planned for tonight and currently waiting on my chinese takeout I have no intention of ever meeting this guy.
So I should drop what I'm doing because you're bored? The cheek of it!

I've been talking on the phone to this guy called jimmy. He seems ok. Has got a business,works out, funny but I think he's got some sort of mental issue. Like we're talking about dress sense then he just goes off on one

" Idon't dress like those topshop guys. Bl**dy w*nkers, they're all sheep"

I'm like hmmmmmm ok calm down Tom Ford. He's done his little rant things a few times. Now he's saying we should have a date in 3 weeks because he's tooo busy at the minute and he wants to give me his full attention. I said we'll talk about it closer to that time. Then we can arrange a day. I'm not blocking a day off that much in advance.

He said "I know we'll hit it off, you've just got to wait". *insert side eye*

I've read The Game; keeping a girl hanging on for a date builds up her expectations, gives you a chance to win her over before seeing her. So when you finally do she feels like she's know you for ages. Panties come off, minimal money spent, minimal time spent.

Last edited:

:nono: well your intuition was right! It's creepy hat he keeps checkin your page

On POF do you ladies have long 'about me'? Mine is short, I'm wondering if I should make it more detailed...its not like okcupid where they actually ask you questions about you when creating your profile.

Back