***Online Dating Support Thread***

I posted this in the Single and ready to mingle thread and wanted to post it here too...

I joined OKC. I was looking through some matches and found a co-workers profile. I HAD to look at it. I really hope the site didn't send him one of those emails... "So and so is checking you out Now!" That would be ...akward:ohwell::lol:

Have any of you come across people you know IRL on these sites? I can't be the only one.

So... I'm not in Chicago anymore. Just moved to Boston and the guys out here SUCK. Not one cutie has hit up my profile. Not one.

Being that I'm a go hard or go home type of person I did the following:

I read this entire thread then decided to join OKC, Match, and E-harmony. I've been talking with two of my friends that had success about joining something anyway. Something ain't right about E-harmony so after this free communication weekend I am done. I've tried to subscribe 4-5 times and something keeps happening during the checkout process. They claim via e-mail I haven't signed up for anything yet I see they have accessed my paypal account :nono:. So then I decided to call their customer service and I needed to google their time zone to see if they were still open and everything I clicked on redirected to something crazy :look:. Yeah um somebody trying to tell me something. Too bad bc I've been communicating with this guy but I can't see his photo (that's how they get you) but if we don't get to e-mail by this weekend that will be it. I'm not pressed. If it happens, it does. I don't want to rush anything so I will let it flow naturally.

Some decisions I've made about my communication on OKC and Match:
1. I plan to be really active
2. I will wink back if I think they are cute and I like their profile.
3. I will send messages to matches that I like

I plan to benefit from these memberships. Waiting around hasn't gotten me anywhere in the past. So far in only putting my profiles on the 3 sites late yesterday/early this morning I have had a lot of contact :grin:. Hopefully something comes of it.

Thanks @weaveadiva

It has worked so far. I've been talking with a guy I met on okaycupid for the past 2 days on gmail chat. We were actually sending a message to each other on OKC at the same time lol so there was some mutual interest. We're not talking on the phone yet but he gave me his number. Then I just got another message from someone else. So things are looking up.

So I met a seemingly nice guy from pof a few days ago. He seemed nice so we chatted on the phone. Everything was going well until he told me about his 'swingers' fantasy. He started going on& on about how swinging saved his friend's marriage and such. Ummm ok. :ohwell: I guess he noticed I got quiet so he said, "Oh no, I don't need to do that. It's just a fantasy." I let it go after that. He cotinued to talk about how he is such a gentleman and blah blah blah. We get off the phone and a few hours later I received a text asking me to send him a pic of myself wearing panties. :perplexed wtf?! Your number has been deleted, sir. :nono:

^ :lachen: :lachen: I know that aint supposed to be funny that you had a spoiled prospect but it's just so funny how you can meet someone and have it go from 10 to 0 SO FAST!! :lachen:

aww, i'm so sorry freelove :sad:, i can't tell you how glad I am to be out of that tired a$$ state. Try to give it some time and i'm sure things will turn around :)

Lol thanks girl. I dunno what's going on but the quality of men hitting me up has gone wayyyy down. I'm almost offended :lol:

I'm going to have to work on expanding my network and meeting guys that way... Cuz I don't think this online dating thing is gonna work out up here :lol:

I posted this in the Single and ready to mingle thread and wanted to post it here too...

I joined OKC. I was looking through some matches and found a co-workers profile. I HAD to look at it. I really hope the site didn't send him one of those emails... "So and so is checking you out Now!" That would be ...akward:ohwell::lol:

Have any of you come across people you know IRL on these sites? I can't be the only one.

I've seen my old building manager who I had a crush on.

This summer I took a class and my work partner(gay) and I were trying to figure out if our teacher was gay or not. He said he saw his profile on OKC and the teacher knows that he looke.

I've seen my old building manager who I had a crush on.

This summer I took a class and my work partner(gay) and I were trying to figure out if our teacher was gay or not. He said he saw his profile on OKC and the teacher knows that he looked.

:lachen: OMG! :lachen: I knew I wasn't the only one.

I seen the guy in the office a few times since I peeked. From what I can tell he has no clue:look::lol:

First, Imma need fine a$$ guys from far away to stop winking at me or sending messages. I'm still talking to them you know for practice and all but still :look:.

Also this talking to more than one man at a time is so hard for me. I feel so guilty.

So I unsubscribed to E-Harmony and joined Blackpeoplemeet then promptly unsubscribed to it to join BBpeoplemeet. That one is catered to big & beautiful. I haven't had any trouble on the other sites so far but if you are uncomfortable with your weight and worried what the guy will think this might be the site for you.

First, Imma need fine a$$ guys from far away to stop winking at me or sending messages. I'm still talking to them you know for practice and all but still :look:.

Also this talking to more than one man at a time is so hard for me. I feel so guilty.

So I unsubscribed to E-Harmony and joined Blackpeoplemeet then promptly unsubscribed to it to join BBpeoplemeet. That one is catered to big & beautiful. I haven't had any trouble on the other sites so far but if you are uncomfortable with your weight and worried what the guy will think this might be the site for you.

Is Blackpeoplemeet a good site? How is the quality of men? Ok just added a profile. So how do I check my messages without paying? :lol:

Last edited:
So I caved and tried online dating again. I met this guy on there and yesterday was our 4th time hanging out. I really, really like this guy! Yesterday he asked "so when are you going to meet my friends?" :yep:

I actually met my guy online-through our favorite band's fanclub basically. That in turn, turned into us being pen-pals and also facebooking->skype. We'd stay up till 3am talking lol and then in April, the weekend of my birthday he drove down and we met. We've been official since. We've been to concerts together, NYC together and what have you. We live hours away; also he works full-time and I'm a full-time student-but are constant in communication: e-mail, letters, text. So it's pretty much still very online based or at least distance based I guess you could say. Just wanted to share... :)

this is a from a dude's profile who messaged me
at first i was like, ok, no biggie, he just forgot a word or two
then i kept reading and was like, um, is english his 1st language? :look:

I'm a very outgoing young man that enjoy have fun. I'm into R&B and Rapper . Love all kind of sports and like to traveling .I like what like and im not shy . im looking to meet a friend and hope it turn into something that can last.

this is a from a dude's profile who messaged me
at first i was like, ok, no biggie, he just forgot a word or two
then i kept reading and was like, um, is english his 1st language? :look:

I'm a very outgoing young man that enjoy have fun. I'm into R&B and Rapper . Love all kind of sports and like to traveling .I like what like and im not shy . im looking to meet a friend and hope it turn into something that can last.

Sounds like he's using an online translator. Is he American? Either that or he was really in a rush to send you a message.

So far, so good. Online dating is such a quirky mix of the good, the bad, and the plain old ugly.

I've had great, fun dates; boring, not going to happen dates; and I've been stood up.

I've had 3 good dates in the last week or so and I think, maybe, I may have found a guy that I would not have met otherwise who has real long-term potential. I really like him. A lot. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

went on a movie date (to the movie theater!!:lachen:) with a guy I met on POF. it was fun (Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a great movie BTW!) and had a good vibe. maybe even a spark of chemistry. we shall see where this goes....

So I deleted my pof after the last fiasco (Swinger dude). I signed up for match to see if the men were of higher quality since you have to pay for that site. I met one dude who was nice on there & we went out to Dave & Busters yesterday. We had so much fun! He is nice, normal dude...but I felt like I was on a high school date. After we left Dave & Busters we sat in his car and talked. He talked for 20mins about playing basketball in junior high. :ohwell: Not only that, but he wanted to read some of his poetry to me. He goes to his trunk and pull out a laminated spiral book of poems he wrote in high school. :perplexed Don't get me wrong I love poetry...but who carries their high school poetry in their trunk at 31 years old?

He also has been in & out of college for 10yrs. He should at least have an associates degree. Its not like he has kids or anything. I can tell he really likes me by all the hugs he kept giving me throughout the date. He really is a nice guy, but he's getting thrown in the friend category.

I just received this message:

Subj: Hey luv

Message: What's ur number? I'm Pierre. ###-###-####(<-----his number)

seriously? on first contact? :ohwell:

I need you to be currently living in houston...not moving here in 6mths, not moving FROM Houston in 2mths..I mean, do I need to put this in my profile? Im not doing anything long distance..

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

the guy i really hit it off with hasn't called or texted since our date.:sad:

the guy i don't care for will not stop calling and texting and trying to set up another date.:sad:

FML.:sad:

the guy i really hit it off with hasn't called or texted since our date.:sad:

the guy i don't care for will not stop calling and texting and trying to set up another date.:sad:

FML.:sad:

Oh, isn't that the way it always is in life? lol..Things/people you want seem to the be most out of reach while things/people you don't want you just can't seem to shake. What is it in this universe that allows it to work out like that at times?:lachen:

I know it might be wrong but I'm giving the side eye to all of the many black men who list their ethnicity as black and native american. :look:

Back