***Online Dating Support Thread***

I actually like to talk on the phone sooner rather than later--typically it happens after deciding to meet in person. Otherwise it's just messaging on and on and on which kind of wears me out (my one exception being Pen Pal J from match.com. He still intrigues me after 3+ months of emailing :lol:). I also can't stand texting all the time. It drives me nuts. I actually have something about it in my profile :look:

I'm secretly terrified I'm going to see someone from work or something online...

Speaking of which what happened to the psychologist and the fencer?

Anybody else receive a msg from this charming dude :look:

Shag an Irish guy for a change lol I love black girls.

My name is *****... from Ireland originally. Hope you like Irish guys.

Give yourself a pat on the back for being so gorgeous :-)

I got a message from an irish guy before. I went to see if I could find it but a little while ago I had to delete a couple pages of my messages to free up my inbox and deleted a lot of the earlier ones. I bet it was probably the same guy.

Now looking at my old messages it's really bothering me bc some of these guys I've seen them pop up on my visitors a few times lately and I wonder why they didn't message. Now that I'm looking, a lot of them already messaged me and I blew them off! :cry3: I'm looking at a message string from a pretty decent dude and I just stopped talking to him mid conversation. Wtf was wrong with me?

i seriously just got the cutest message. really made me smile.:grin: i take a look at dude's profile and he mentions God, Jesus & Crew no less than 79 times. he also said how he wasn't interested in anyone not on the same path. i make it very clear that i'm not Christian and i openly and unabashedly denigrate all religion :ohwell: so he must have chosen to ignore that.:lachen:

this one guy who i really liked stopped contacting me. when we were messaging on the site he got back to me in like 3 minutes but now that we've started texting he seems to have lost interest. usually, when guys fall off i genuinely dgaf but this one stings.:sad:

OMG that post :lachen: I am dying over here. Please, please post a pic. I have to know what this fool looks like. He seems so angry. Thank you for the late night laugh.

Umm...some guy's profile on match.com

Now before any of you request his username so you can snatch him up, know that he's only interested in Asian, East Indian, Latino / Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Native American, Pacific Islander, and White / Caucasian women. :nono2:

:nono: I cannot with him. Please post his pictures.

eta: hes not even a bad looking guy! clearly just a woman hater. yeah those bitter profiles really do the trick for all those mass amounts of women out there who want a woman hater of their own.

he probably mad cuz he short :lol:

Last edited:
I’m not getting any younger so this WILL happen before the end of 2011. I am taking control. Your days of looking down on me with your condescending eyes are OVER. We are going to meet and have a great time which will NOT be cut short no matter how convincing your excuse is (do NOT try to text or lie your way out. I will see right through you). You will give me the same respect I give you and will not make me feel like a worthless degenerate because you think you’re out of my league. You will talk with me after meeting. I don’t want to hear about how you didn’t feel a connection or chemistry or some other stupid buzzword. We will meet again and again while growing increasingly attracted to one another until we get married, own a home together, and start a family.

ray_j.gif

OMG that post :lachen: I am dying over here. Please, please post a pic. I have to know what this fool looks like. He seems so angry. Thank you for the late night laugh.
Yeah he is super angry but funny thing is switching a few words around this sounds like some chicks on here. We don't say nothing since it isn't directed at us but I still see the same anger.

I would hope most women here would have enough sense not to put something like that in a dating profile. Who the hell does he expect to meet with that up?

How does he expect to meet serious women with that profile. Probably doing it for shock value and he probably is getting a lot of messages purely through women being curious!.

well, i'm already tired of online dating. it's been a little over a month so far. at first it was new and exciting and now its just draining. i'm tired of answering and asking the exact same questions over and over. i realize i much prefer meeting in person and talking on the phone. since turning 30 earlier this year i've been asked what's wrong with me why am i not married soo many times its hard to count. what a great conversation piece. :look: once coming from a man that was in a 18 year "relationship" not marriage. dating is sooo frustrating, and i'm contemplating moving back home to ATL, where i know dating scene is 100 times worse. :angry2::swearing::cry3:

So that is the face of crazy. He looks so basic but the anger in that profile is serious. I wonder if he has had any takers.

So on my profile I say "please don't be stupid, short, or gross." This dude has been visiting my profile like once a day for the past few DAYS. Finally messages me today and asks "just so I don't waste both our time, is 5'9 considered short?" :lol:

Just got back from my first date with a guy from POF..He's ok...kinda long winded..and my attention span is short..but we went to a mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks..afterwards he walked me to my car where he presented me with flowers..nice time overrall but no sparks..we'll see

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

So I met another guy today from okcupid. We met at Starbucks at 4pm for coffee. He originally asked me out for lunch but I didn't want to be stuck on a boring date for hours if I wasn't feeling him. We actually had fun! We talked for a couple of hrs and then he asked if I wanted dinner. So we ate at a restaurant. After dinner, we talked in the parking lot for another hour. He's 30 yr old, Jamaican, nice & smart. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Ok this is where you need to be careful what you wish for. This dude is extremely extremely left radical and is more studied in african american history and anti racism than I am. he hates white people more than i do.

he told me this story today about how his cohort at school made a group on fb with a "cute" little map of the area outlining places of interest with a big cancel sign and a big red NO on all the surrounding areas (i.e. the black neighborhoods). so he tells me how he commented about why it was wrong and offensive and everybody ganged up on him. then he showed me screenshots of it on his blog and it was really annoying to read how everyone ganged up on him, bc it's one thing when white people do it to black people - maybe they are just defensive and dont know any better but actually are trying - but when they do it to other white people it becomes just a horse of a different color somehow...

and so i feel as if im really curious what your thoughts are about all this stuff but like youre more into race than i am and does it become kind of weird? he has been treading very lightly on what he deems his "extreme" politics, so i dont really have a good idea of where he stands as far as relating to me. it is very interesting on the one hand and on the other, dude, if im gonna date you obviously i dont hate white people that much... you dont have to hate them that much either.

idk...

strangeness :lol:

There are a lot of "Celebrities" on POF...which is cool I guess :look:

I just ran across Heat from "I love New Yorks" profile. I wonder if these guys are really on here to find someone.

....Also, I just got a message from this guy that I went out with numerous times that disappeared on me. Not a text, a phone call...nothing.

He just nonchalantly hits me up with a "I thought you would be taken by now. How are you doing?"

Go fluck yourself. :sad:

Okay, so this loser keeps writing to me asking me how I am...just basic stuff. When I actually ask him in sort of a vague way why he basically played the disappearing card then acts like nothing happened he says "We'll I just wanted to say hi. Take care"

Seriously. What was the point. Really? I'm not mad, but dang. You are too old for the game playing.

I responded back that he could've kept his "hi" to himself in the first place and that if he's lucky enough to find a woman on that site that he should treat her the way that he would want to be treated. I'm tired of holding my tounge for these jerks...

Hello ladies. I just got a message on OKC from this guy I agreed to get coffee with warning me about his foot fetish. Umm, idk anything about foot fetishism. Does this mean he likes to look at feet? Likes to suck toes? Likes when feet play with his... err johnson??

We can't get together and go out yet bc he can't pick out anything to do that I am interested in doing... no I don't want to go to a random bootleg art museum. Real museum yes bootleg museum no.

Back