***Online Dating Support Thread***

A question for OKC members:
How often do you feel like you rate 4 or 5 stars? Like, out of every 20 guys how many get 4 or 5 stars?
Just curious. I just gave my first 5 star rating today, and wondering if I've been harsh so far :ohwell:
I've given out several 4's though, but I guess not very many compared to how many profiles I looked at in the quickmatch thing.

the only time i do quick match to get the notification is when i rate their profiles manually bc i want to talk to them but dont want to message. i never play the quickmatch game. if i can identify which guy rated me i only rate him back if i want him to message me. if i dont i mostly just ignore it altogether.

Oh. Well nevermind then, I guess I'm the only dork playing all the little games and stuff :lol:

I play the game a lot! :lol: Some days I just get on to rate random people and that's all. It's a time filler for me. I've checked my actual numbers and I've rated over 1,000 people; 13 at 4-star and only 3 at 5-star (one of whom is my sister :look:)...I guess I'm too picky.

This man just visited my profile.

8115909771600345978.jpeg

Weeps. :cry:

I play the game a lot! :lol: Some days I just get on to rate random people and that's all. It's a time filler for me. I've checked my actual numbers and I've rated over 1,000 people; 13 at 4-star and only 3 at 5-star (one of whom is my sister :look:)...I guess I'm too picky.

I would play it for fun but then the fun would wear off if the guy actually messaged me. Like if I was playing the game I would give out a lot of five star ratings just on pics but if I got to read their profiles I probably wouldn't like them or want them to message me. I try to avoid that bc I feel bad ignoring people who take the time to message me. So I think quickmatch encourages messages that I don't necessarily want to get.

So what are your thoughts on someone who doesnt want to call you but wants to meet? I was exchanging emails w/ this guy and he seemed really cool and he was cute. So after about 3 emails I leave my number because I dont like the back and forth thing. He emails me back saying he rather meet first and then give me his. WTH? So what if I cant make it, or I'm late? I cant call you because I dont have your number. Just dont sound right and no one has ever suggested that before. I also find it odd he always emails me at weird hours between 1-3am.

I think he's married. I told him that was odd... no thanks, but nice talking to you. I dont even care to find out if I was wrong. These days when dude says some suspect ish, Im quick to be like NEXT!

dannie, that sounds suspicious too...and selfish and arrogant I might add. Who is he to not give out his number like he's extra special and thinks you'll be blowin' up his phone?

Victorian, I'm jealous.

Ok had another date on Monday. We met at a frozen yogurt place in my city and chatted for a bit. All was well, he looked like his picture, we are close in age 28/30, he has a job, drives and is in school. So were chatting an I thought I would double check that he didn't have children (his profile says: Likes Children) So he tells me has twins, ok cool no problem. Half hour later I find out about a 10 yr old and that he was married at one point. Sooo then he tells me how he lives in his grandma's garage, Oh yes he's been jail and that he liked it because it was like hanging out everyday =( He took a picture with his mother on mothers day 2011 in his online profile then tells me he has no clue where's she at now...? Say What? My goodness... FML

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: OMG!! I'm just glad you found out now and not later...:ohwell:

Ok had another date on Monday. We met at a frozen yogurt place in my city and chatted for a bit. All was well, he looked like his picture, we are close in age 28/30, he has a job, drives and is in school. So were chatting an I thought I would double check that he didn't have children (his profile says: Likes Children) So he tells me has twins, ok cool no problem. Half hour later I find out about a 10 yr old and that he was married at one point. Sooo then he tells me how he lives in his grandma's garage, Oh yes he's been jail and that he liked it because it was like hanging out everyday =( He took a picture with his mother on mothers day 2011 in his online profile then tells me he has no clue where's she at now...? Say What? My goodness... FML

He LIKED being in jail!?!?! :rofl: :rofl:

How did you respond to all of this? I would have been crackin up! :lol:

Sent from my WX445 using WX445

I winked at a guy on OK. we'll see how this go.

My sister is trying to convince me to pay for a match profile. I don't know, maybe.

motherf*ck! dude a that i liked a lot is moving within the year across the damn country and dude b ive decided im not all that into.

boo! this lands me squarely back at ZERO. i shouldnt even bother going out with either of them.

I can't stand men who can't read. I clearly state that I don't want someone who has children or is divorced. Don't contact me. Ugh! And I'm not changing my preferences to suit other folks - don't care who gets offended.

this dude looks so much like Kanye West. i don't have much in common with him and he's not my type personality wise but i ****ing :love: 'Ye. so much so i'm willing to casually date a guy who reminds me of him?

*sigh* i think so.:look:

Here's a gem:

"What must a true gentlemen do to find a true woman. Its very painful almost, I'm honest, and faithful, open, relaxed, humorous, wise, smart and very handsome. All I can come across is frauds I ve been searching for that true love since before George Washington, lol! I really like your profile and you seem to be a true woman indeed just looking for someone to be friends with for starters and then move to the next level. If you feel its okay to chat pls just msg me back if not then its still cool, be easy."

I bet he's a faux nice guy...:detective:

well.. only one way to find out right? are you going to reply?

Back