***Online Dating Support Thread***

What do you do with the messages that show no personality? Like "hi I'm bob". I keep getting these no wit having brothers.
Also, has anyone had success with initiating a convo first?

Just hit the X in the corner and/or delete the message and keep it moving.

You wouldn't waste your time in "real life" so the internet shouldn't be that much different.

I delete so many stupid, simple messages. You'd think some get the hint but they don't. Which can only mean that other women are taking the bait so they think its okay. Let the OTHER women deal with it.

when i did my black man search a few days ago i came across a cute dood. gauges, weird, artsy etc. my type, whatever. then i looked at his profile and in his summary he mentions acting white.:ohwell: i didn't read any further because i'm super annoyed by those types of Negroes. ''i don't have any blk frans cuz i'm so different from blk ppl :blah:" "i can't relate to blks because my favorite show is 'How I Met Your Mother' :blah:."

anyway, he just messaged me.:look: i'm trying to decide if i should ignore him or not.

Oasis you should message him! I like weird artsy types :lol:

Give him a chance, maybe he's the type that just doesn't know any better and may take a cue from you.

Or he could be a complete tool...

Sent from my Fancy iPhone using LHCF. Please excuse the typos.

@Oasis you should message him! I like weird artsy types :lol:

y'all, why is he telling me that he gets told he looks Portuguese or Puerto Rican?:lachen:i can't with this guy.:rofl:

i got a really cool message from a dude with a hilarious profile. seems like we'd get along great. why does he look like Peter monkey-fightin' Griffin though?:cry: i'm telling you, i was a horrible ****ing person in another life.:nono:

when i did my black man search a few days ago i came across a cute dood. gauges, weird, artsy etc. my type, whatever. then i looked at his profile and in his summary he mentions acting white.:ohwell: i didn't read any further because i'm super annoyed by those types of Negroes. ''i don't have any blk frans cuz i'm so different from blk ppl :blah:" "i can't relate to blks because my favorite show is 'How I Met Your Mother' :blah:."

anyway, he just messaged me.:look: i'm trying to decide if i should ignore him or not.
That's funny cause my brother says the same thing about the bold.

Has anyone used match.com? Eharmony? What was your experience with either site?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

ok, so tonight my cousin had a date with this guy she met online. this was her first time so she was scared. she asked me to come with her and i agreed. the guy was supposed to bring a friend for me. but apparently something went wrong and he couldnt get someone. i started desperately trying to find someone to come w. me last minute. i remembered this one guy who kept asking to meet irl over and over again. i decided to ask him if he'd come. and after awhile he agreed.

I hang out with my cousin and her date for awhile and cheer them on during their air hockey game and during that time he comes. for some reason i was more attracted to im in person. i mean he looked exactly like his pix but he just seemed so... idk what the word was. its not like i thought he was better looking. it was just his demeanor and this air about him. i liked how he carried himself. he seemed like a real man.

anyway he was really funny without even trying to be. i didnt want to meet him after i saw his fb bc he seemed liike he would be too goofy. but i guess that's just around certain ppl bc i didnt get that vibe from him at all.
all in all i had a good time with him and I hope we're able to do it again.

so far i am super impressed with POF. at least on paper/computer screen anyways. :lachen: lots of men have hit me up in 36 hours and have 3-4 prospects that i can possibly entertain. there were several kangs that i had to block. :nono: but we shall see.

Has anyone used match.com? Eharmony? What was your experience with either site?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier
Match seemed like one gigantic booty call. Literally.
E-harmony was there for 4 months nobody.nothing.nada.waste.of.money
Ok.cupid is okay would try again on a break though for awhile.
POF my friend meet his wife on here but i'm just weary of joining.

what is it with all the short, lil round guys messaging me?:lol: one is really cute though. i might have to revise my No Hefties policy.:look:

Hmm... I haven't had much luck with OKC. I've been messaged, but none of the guys really do anything for me.

There are a couple of really cute ones that visited my profile, but they haven't messaged. I dunno why.....

Hmm... I haven't had much luck with OKC. I've been messaged, but none of the guys really do anything for me.

There are a couple of really cute ones that visited my profile, but they haven't messaged. I dunno why.....

I don't know if guys are just mirroring what they'd do out in the street but this gets on my nerves. They will wink, smile, send you gift, rate your pic, etc. but will not message you. As if they waiting on YOU to catch the bait.

And then I do feel that guys will keep you on the rolodex & just collect profiles and the most attractive one gets a reply. So he'll send out 15 messages but he really only wants the top 3 to respond. If the top 3 respond, you aint gettin a message back. :lol:

In plain words, after doing some more scrollin', he found someone better.

I was kind of interested in this guy... who basically stood me up. I decided to text him and he responded with a much more drawn out version of "I was just scared b/c [I'm a punk]."

This Peruvian/White guy keeps visiting my profile. Pretty sure it's the same guy from another site. His profile says it's very important to him to date/have children someone of the same face. GO AWAY!!!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

@Do_Si_Dos

I'm on match and it's been okay for me. Plenty to sift through, but still some good guys.

I will say that I seem to be more popular on OKC, though. Or it may just be that there are more guys on it. I'm logged on now messaging with a few guys. I've just been called a "sexy librarian" by one guy :lol: I can live with that :yep:

I wonder if people are just bored today. I got three unsolicited messages and I haven't even been on today.

If I read one more profile about how you are a self employed, freelance, up and coming, entrepreneur Im going to scream
You dont work...you not working...its okay to admit you unemployed.. but dont get mad when I dont respond..I use my context clues very well.. I know everyone doesnt have to work a 9 to 5 but if you stepping to a woman, you need to have all your ducks lined up in a row..
As James Brown would say, "Shape up your Bag!" aka get your ish together...

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I have another first date with a guy from OK Cupid. Let's hope he's better than the last 2. He's tall and appears to be attractive and resemble his photos. The last guy misrepresented himself and the one before that was cute but dull.

I have a feeling this will be my last online adventure via ok cupid. I get a ton of views but few emails from guys I want to hear from. At least it's free I guess?

I just signed up for 1 month on match.com. Not happy over the last 12 hours of being a new member. I get emails from guys with kids, short guys, old guys, ghetto guys. Seriously... It's insulting. Maybe I'm just too picky and shouldn't dissappoint myself further by paying to look at men with unfortunate profiles.

Dating is scary.

I have a tentative date planned this week too. Lately the way things have been going I'd blow it off and try to plan to meet down the line, but I'm gonna try to go through with it.

i've been messaged by some really cute guys, finally, but idk. i'm thinking of deactivating my account again. i'm just feeling really fat and not in the mood.:ohwell:

OMG, this white boy is cute. And so direct. Doesn't want to waste time, and cuts the BS and got right to the damn POINT!! :lol:

This will be interesting.

What do you ladies think of guys that stop by your page all the time but don't message you? I've had a local visit my okc profile everyday for about 2 weeks and he's said nothing yet...It's so crazy. I used to message them after 4-5 visits but the conversation quickly fizzled out and I'm still planning to move so I'd rather not make any connections.

Ok, I went on a date tonight. Just drinks. It was fine. The guy was normal, cute, good conversationalist. Not as tall as he claimed but I was happy with that b/c I'm 5'4" and he said he was 6'3". I think he was more like 6' even. I think we could hang out again. I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't just because dating and meeting guys from online makes me highly anxious but if he asked me out again, I'd hang. He's very smart and maybe into things that older people might be into but I kind of like that about him. He doesn't look his age but I think he acts it.

Of course, now I feel like I want to date more guys (even though meeting a new guy makes me literally want to throw up because my nerves are that screwed up).

What do you ladies think of guys that stop by your page all the time but don't message you? I've had a local visit my okc profile everyday for about 2 weeks and he's said nothing yet...It's so crazy. I used to message them after 4-5 visits but the conversation quickly fizzled out and I'm still planning to move so I'd rather not make any connections.

i rarely look at my visitors so i wouldn't notice if someone kept coming to my page. i would just ignore them though.

A question for OKC members:
How often do you feel like you rate 4 or 5 stars? Like, out of every 20 guys how many get 4 or 5 stars?
Just curious. I just gave my first 5 star rating today, and wondering if I've been harsh so far :ohwell:
I've given out several 4's though, but I guess not very many compared to how many profiles I looked at in the quickmatch thing.

i've been a member of OKC on and off since October and i've never rated someone until yesterday!:nono: i also thought no one ever rated me/i consistently got low ratings because i was never sent any emails. turns out i just turned off all my notifications.:spinning:

Back