***Online Dating Support Thread***

Runwaydream I like the new one.

I'm thinking about getting into the online dating, I'm about to move... it would be a good way to meet some people

do y'all put filters on who can message you? i don't put much stock in match percentages but i'm getting annoying by the 3 and 5 percenters.

do y'all put filters on who can message you? i don't put much stock in match percentages but i'm getting annoying by the 3 and 5 percenters.

I do but I get them anyway, mostly on distance.

ok so I messaged him and he messaged me back pretty quickly. and already im fcking it up. i do not sound like myself, im nervous, and im OVERTHINKING everything so hard. i half didnt even expect him to reply back despite the fact that we are saying literally the same thing about some stuff in our profiles which is insane.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy am i such a fck up!!!! i can already tell im going to fck this up just being a fcking goober who for some reason gets retarded when she sees a guy she actually would want to be with. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whats wrong with meeeeeeeeeeeeeee? should i play hard to get or something? :lol: i have NO IDEA what to do in these circumstances

I know ur not trying to be funny but goober is srsly one of my fav words. I try to call someone a goofy goober at least once a week.:lol:

What is it abt this guy that's so special Thats making you spaz out? Is this the guy u've talked about before?

I know ur not trying to be funny but goober is srsly one of my fav words. I try to call someone a goofy goober at least once a week.:lol:

What is it abt this guy that's so special Thats making you spaz out? Is this the guy u've talked about before?

no this is the first time ive ever seen his profile. he visited me and i visited back and the siht he says sounds like i could have written it. i have never seen a guy say this kind of stuff as far as social issues, feminism, racism, intersectionality, all that crap. no one cares about that siht. i halfway dont even care if he's interested in me romantically as long as he would consider me an intellectual equal. plus, the fact that hes in my old neighborhood hanging out at my old school i guess its bringing back all kinds of anxiety and memories and crap.

hes cute but nothing i would lose my hat over and he seems to lean radically left which im not crazy about but this is the kind of person whose brain i would love to pick, and (from the stuff he says) whose opinions would really hold some weight with me. its really exciting to see someone who seems to be so similar to you. i hardly ever meet people that right off the bat i feel on equal footing with which ironically makes the stakes much higher in terms of rejection. its basically just like OMG I WANT TO HANG OUT WITH YOU but i do not know how to convey that or if i should even convey it all because, since that is NOT the reaction i usually have to guys :lol: that is not a manner that i would ever usually behave. so i get really wrong footed and dont know how to act.

eta:

I'm sorry to say I probably would have still been too bashful to write you, even though I fulfill more than a few of the things on your 'message me if' list. I'd feel like I was wearing the wrong shirt for sending a message or something ridiculous.

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :lol: :rofl: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY :rofl: i need a fcking drink to take the edge off this one... omgggggg

Last edited:
He used the phrase "upper echelon" entirely unprovoked!!!! :dead: I DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :lachen: :lachen:

anyway, i have something on my profile that says something like "if i think youre cool and cute i absolutely will not message you first, im sorry, i just wont" and since i messaged him first, that was part of his response.

ok, the nouveau match thing has worn off, im back to reality now... we're all humans here... :lol: oh em geeeeee....

Date todaaaaay! With a guy I might actually like. :) A lot.

I've gone on a few so far, but nothing to write home about. Very friendly-friendly, not chemistry-friendly. I had a great brunch date last Sunday. He was so, like, doting and smart. BUT, he's actually about an inch shorter thsn me. I'm a little uncomfortable with it, which makes me feel bad/mean.

I just can't stand when a guy says he's one height... and that height is actually 2 inches taller than his on-THIS-planet height.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Reactivated my POF profile last night..10 messages already...we'll see how it goes

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

so i went out last night. it was great bc i was the belle of the ball. which doesnt happen often so if you end up being the belle of the ball you have to eat that sh!t up while you can and talk to as many guys as possible. but just as i was getting warmed up during the let out, with the best wing girl you can ask for. i met this guy who would just NOT leave me alone. i mean i wasn't sure if i liked him or not so i just gave him my number and was ready to move on. but he wouldn't. no matter what i said the boy stuck to me like glue and wouldn't go away. he completely ruined my boy hunting night. it really angered me. anyway i hope to go out again tonight and hopefully i'll have the same luck. also that guy claimed he saw me on pof. *shrugs*

So he gave me his num... that was pretty successful... we stayed up talking til four in the morning... hmmmmmmmm...

btw I deleted my fake profile... but I'm still not off the hook bc the guy still im's me on yahoo... blahhhhh...

So I'm officially committed to match.com for another 3 months.
But I sort of want to try another site (one I don't have to pay for!) that maybe has more people on it...

OKC or POF? Thoughts? What I like about match.com that I didn't like about its sister site, Chemistry.com, is that you don't have to do a whole bunch of work and activities to get going. It seems like OKC is kind of like that...is that true?

i think the quality of guys on pof is not great... but i have noticed that guys there seem to be taller for some reason :lol: unless they lie about it more. guys on okc generally appear to be more educated, mostly college grads with lost of post grads whereas pof is a lot of high school ed level guys ime.

anyway as far as work and activities you dont have to do anything when you sign up at okc. they dont make you fill in a profile or answer any questions like they do at pof. the only thing about okc is you have to answer match questions and you dont even HAVE to do that but youll want to... the more questions you answer the nmore you'll tweak others' profiles to see who is most compatible with you. you can answer 10 if you want but that wont tell you much about the other users bc people generally answer 100+.

So lots of views but not many messages? Am I just not that interesting? Got one from a guy that I think was drunk, another one from a guy who was posted in this thread awhile ago (lol), another from a Rico suave type dude, and another from a lame. But that's it, not replying to any of them.

Ok, so the Man vs Food :lol: guy finally officially asked me out.

Haha I'll be using those extra 27 cents to boost my ego enough to ask ya out eventually. :P
Actually I guess I can just ask you out now, with no pressure attached to it. I'm interested in you and would like to meet in real life, at a place of your choosing for your comfort, whenever you think you want to. :) I'll be around till then and look forward to continuing to chat you up.

I guess I'll have to get my life together at some point, because I have too many opportunities right now for me to continue being on "vacation" as long as I have been. I wanted a break but now I'm just malingering :lol: He knows I'm not ready to get together IRL yet and I'm pretty excited about how open ended it is, that I can wait until I'm ready.

I swear if I can get a better job I'm going to go on one paid site as this free stuff isn't doing it for me.I can't ever keep the flow going or get it to the point of sealing the deal of a date.I am undatable? I think not.

So the guy I was spazzing over last night wants to meet either this week or the next. I actually think I jumped the gun getting excited over him because he was kind of a let down. He seems a little too laid back which I'm not good with because it comes across as disinterest to me. I told him to feel free to end the conversation when he was ready and he said that he didn't want to come across as too eager to be talking to me. Maybe it's just the tone because we are doing all this online and texting.

I actually kinda think I might like Man Vs Food guy more... but we've been talking longer, and he's older.

So the guy I was spazzing over last night wants to meet either this week or the next. I actually think I jumped the gun getting excited over him because he was kind of a let down. He seems a little too laid back which I'm not good with because it comes across as disinterest to me. I told him to feel free to end the conversation when he was ready and he said that he didn't want to come across as too eager to be talking to me. Maybe it's just the tone because we are doing all this online and texting.

I actually kinda think I might like Man Vs Food guy more... but we've been talking longer, and he's older.
lol, maybe you should take a break from online stuff. What is wrong with the first guy?

when i did my black man search a few days ago i came across a cute dood. gauges, weird, artsy etc. my type, whatever. then i looked at his profile and in his summary he mentions acting white.:ohwell: i didn't read any further because i'm super annoyed by those types of Negroes. ''i don't have any blk frans cuz i'm so different from blk ppl :blah:" "i can't relate to blks because my favorite show is 'How I Met Your Mother' :blah:."

anyway, he just messaged me.:look: i'm trying to decide if i should ignore him or not.

when i did my black man search a few days ago i came across a cute dood. gauges, weird, artsy etc. my type, whatever. then i looked at his profile and in his summary he mentions acting white.:ohwell: i didn't read any further because i'm super annoyed by those types of Negroes. ''i don't have any blk frans cuz i'm so different from blk ppl :blah:" "i can't relate to blks because my favorite show is 'How I Met Your Mother' :blah:."

anyway, he just messaged me.:look: i'm trying to decide if i should ignore him or not.

Give him a chance, maybe he's the type that just doesn't know any better and may take a cue from you.

Or he could be a complete tool...

Sent from my Fancy iPhone using LHCF. Please excuse the typos.

What do you do with the messages that show no personality? Like "hi I'm bob". I keep getting these no wit having brothers.
Also, has anyone had success with initiating a convo first?

Back