***Online Dating Support Thread***

ok. deleted my okcupid profile. i've been on there for YEARS and haven't met anyone worthwhile. tomorrow i'm stepping my game up. i'm joining match. does anyone know a code to get on for a free trial?

It depends on how long of a membership you buy. I did the 3-month one which was $60...not exactly pocket change. You get a better deal per month if you do the 6 month one, but of course it's more up front.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I'm going to renew or not now...I don't want to waste money, but I don't want to be too hasty either. It has taken this long for me to find a couple decent guys. Maybe 3 more months? Oh, I don't know...

This is why I'm thinking I need to try match, because these sound like better quality guys. Maybe in a few months... I still want to lose the rest of this weight before I start meeting people again.

oops. i quoted the wrong post but you know what i mean

ok so that really cute guy i mentioned before... just talked to him on fb (i keep forgetting to turn my fb chat off, i only turn it on to talk with my best friend and leave it off the rest of the time bc i keep getting messages from people i DO NOT feel like talking to)... and he asked if i wanted to go out tomorrow. so i finally told him i really wasnt in a place right now to be meeting anyone or starting anything new and plus im broke so.... and hes like who said anything about money and we can go to the zoo (lol... ray, the fcking zoo's closed) like oooooooooomg... im thinking hes probably on the rebound and is just looking for someone to help him get over his ex. so i told him if he's still interested a couple months from now, we can get together then...

really, even though he's beautiful and i would normally love to just go out a few times for fun, i just really don't fcking feel like being bothered. i should take my page down for awhile bc ill be mad if i meet a perfect guy right now.

ok so that really cute guy i mentioned before... just talked to him on fb (i keep forgetting to turn my fb chat off, i only turn it on to talk with my best friend and leave it off the rest of the time bc i keep getting messages from people i DO NOT feel like talking to)... and he asked if i wanted to go out tomorrow. so i finally told him i really wasnt in a place right now to be meeting anyone or starting anything new and plus im broke so.... and hes like who said anything about money and we can go to the zoo (lol... ray, the fcking zoo's closed) like oooooooooomg... im thinking hes probably on the rebound and is just looking for someone to help him get over his ex. so i told him if he's still interested a couple months from now, we can get together then...

really, even though he's beautiful and i would normally love to just go out a few times for fun, i just really don't fcking feel like being bothered. i should take my page down for awhile bc ill be mad if i meet a perfect guy right now.

This!! :yep: I was thinking about signing up for match again, but then I was like "wth for? im actually happy right now"

So, I just got messaged this mess on OKC (copy-pasted exactly how it was sent):

Whats Up Beautiful I Am Looking For A Women Who Has Respect For Her Self And Her Man A Clean Women That Knows How To Cook Clean Do Pretty Much Everything Who Has A Good Had On Her Shoulder Smart Pretty Teeth Smile Nice Shape Who Has a good Heart Goes To Church I Can Go On

Clearly, he did not read my profile at all :lachen:
LOL homeskillet is gonna have fun on his Where's Waldo? hunt.

i would have ignored that simply because of the capitalization. i know i'm a hypocrite because i'm doing the opposite :lol: but why do folks do that? isn't that a lot of work to press the shift key for every.single.word? and where is the punctuation?:nono:

i hope he finds the Naomi Campbell/Rachel Ray/Oprah/French maid/church usher/physicist woman of his dreams.:lachen:

I would respond: "I'm looking for a man who can capitalize and punctuate correctly." :look:

Does anyone else get excited and damn near turned on when they get an actual decent message?

I mean, proper diction, punctuation, they said more than 5 words, etc. :lol:

I'm just so excited he spelled every word correctly and spoke with some SENSE!! And actually stated his intent so concisely.

That's pretty bad when you just want to find someone who can actually conjugate.

I just got this gem of a message from a white man on okc:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :perplexed
nono.gif
nono.gif
nono.gif
nono.gif
have mercy......

Hmmm I never got a message like that (I probably should have since I'm wearing weave in like half my pics :lol:)

I did get a message from an extremely nerdy looking dude who probably thought he was winning points with me by demonstrating he knew what a big chop was. (I never did one though so the effort was wasted)

so i closed off my okcupid profile and joined match. i joined using the 7 day free trial. annnnnd i'm not impressed. i think i may cancel before the 7 days are up and they charge my card :perplexed . my requirements are 5'11-6'6, 23-31, no kids, doesn't smoke, must have some type of college education, i didnt pick a preference for income but i wont respond to anyone who chose less than 25,000. do you guys put in a chose for income? also i didnt want anyone who was bald or graying, etc. and within a 30 mi radius. that's it. and i only got like 560 some matches in my area. and of those, hardly any caught my eye. i'm figuring this is just a waste. it's not like more guys are going to magically join if i continue my subscription.. =( how disappointing

Remember the guy whose pic I posted that some people said looked like the guy from Man vs Food (or whatever the name of that show is)? He messaged me initially and we messaged back a few times, but the I fell off and had like a week or more before I responded to his last message... then he took like TWO weeks to respond to that message...

So I was like omg this actually works for me because I feel too distanced right now to be able to really communicate with anyone right now, especially since I probably won't want to actually meet in the immediate future and you being busy works out GREAT for me... and he replied back like ya, this is excellent we're on the same page about that blah blah blah and sent me a really long message...

The problem is now that we agreed we aren't in a place to push forward with a potential relationship right now or need to talk all the time, I want to talk to him all the time :rofl: Now I get excited enough that I want to reply to his messages right away :lol: I ain't doing siht, I just don't usually feel like being bothered :lol: it was reassuring in some weird way, and made me look at him differently, like, it's easier because I expressed what I needed and we both needed/wanted the same thing.

So now I like him a lot. Boo!

Remember the guy whose pic I posted that some people said looked like the guy from Man vs Food (or whatever the name of that show is)? He messaged me initially and we messaged back a few times, but the I fell off and had like a week or more before I responded to his last message... then he took like TWO weeks to respond to that message...

So I was like omg this actually works for me because I feel too distanced right now to be able to really communicate with anyone right now, especially since I probably won't want to actually meet in the immediate future and you being busy works out GREAT for me... and he replied back like ya, this is excellent we're on the same page about that blah blah blah and sent me a really long message...

The problem is now that we agreed we aren't in a place to push forward with a potential relationship right now or need to talk all the time, I want to talk to him all the time :rofl: Now I get excited enough that I want to reply to his messages right away :lol: I ain't doing siht, I just don't usually feel like being bothered :lol: it was reassuring in some weird way, and made me look at him differently, like, it's easier because I expressed what I needed and we both needed/wanted the same thing.

So now I like him a lot. Boo!

Yup that was me that said that :lachen::lachen:.

Ooooh this thread is funny! :lol: I may frequent it more often! :D

Can you join a dating site and talk to guys without any intention of ever actually meeting any of them? :look: Or would that be mean? I just wanna join one for the funny messages I may get :look: :( :lol: Do some people do that?

Ooooh this thread is funny! :lol: I may frequent it more often! :D

Can you join a dating site and talk to guys without any intention of ever actually meeting any of them? :look: Or would that be mean? I just wanna join one for the funny messages I may get :look: :( :lol: Do some people do that?

I'm planning to move soon, but I still have my profile in the old city. It's kinda depressing to talk to awesome guys knowing nothing will ever come of it. I feel kinda bad about leading some of them on... I had a date with a guy a month ago, let him know that I was probably leaving and he never messaged me back. He just checked out my profile yesterday...maybe he thought I was lying, lol.

I get a lot of strange, funny messages...but I've talked to a lot of good one's too. :yep: I've been on match trials and such with no intention of meeting people, but I'm not getting any younger so I'm taking OKC more seriously.

I say go ahead and lurk if it's your first time.

When I first got on okcupid months and months ago I came across this guy's profile that I REALLY would have liked to date (coming purely from a mental/compatibility level) and I think I might have even messaged him and got no response.

That was a suuuuuper long time ago.

I just saw him at the top on my visitors list.

:look:

*****, get off my page :lol:

I haaaaaaate it when I write a guy and see him look at my page and not even bother writing me! So annoying! I had that once where I wrote a guy I thought would have been a good match and I surely thought he would've written back! Oh well, I'm over it as I have a Friday nite date and a Saturday evening date lined up this weekend. There are always more fish in the sea!

When I first got on okcupid months and months ago I came across this guy's profile that I REALLY would have liked to date (coming purely from a mental/compatibility level) and I think I might have even messaged him and got no response.

That was a suuuuuper long time ago.

I just saw him at the top on my visitors list.

:look:

*****, get off my page :lol:

I had my first okCupid date on weds, I've been on for maybe two weeks now. I must say that site is alright by me. I like it better than Match and it's free. Could of had a meet on Tuesday, I had called to say hello to this guy who lived near me and he said "Let's meet right now" I then said "please just let me change real quick and I'll call you in an hour because I'm in my work clothes" Well he got upset an hasn't spoken to me since! :ohwell:
Now I met this other guy on Weds, 37 years old, ever married and no kids. Real good looking, well educated and has plenty talk to about. We had a drink then walked around the lake, we got along well. Held hands a little then planned a date for tonight (friday) :spinning:.He bought tickets on Thursday morning. So today (Friday) he texts me with "let's go dutch, I not a dead beat but a student" I said "ok no biggie" Then he calls and says "Oh let me be honest, Im not over my ex. It's been 4 months an I'm not looking for anything serious" I said "why are you on OkCupid" So he says "well we all have needs" :perplexed I said "well that's not what I'm looking for" So now he's changing his profile to specifically say he's not looking for anything serious but a friendship and that we should still go to the movies since we already had plans :perplexed I left Match.com last year after a few months because of crap like this. Only 2 weeks in an my luck is still the same. He's biracial an dates just WW he said, I reached out to him and we just clicked (So I thought). Now I'm thinking it's me and he still has no intentions on dating a BW. Sorry long story...

Back