***Online Dating Support Thread***

another winner!!! His message to me -

whassup Beautiful, how u doin? maybe u din get the message i tried to send to ya! i like your profile and your pictures are pretty. my name is *******. I'm not goin to say i'm average cause i'm not but i know what i like when i see it. 1st let me say i got 7 kids that i love more than life itself. 2nd i am divorced and have been since 2006. i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. i'm the oldest. I come from a big family on both sides and they a trip, you gotta meet them to see. i am the author of "***Random Book***, just started a Non profit org. ***Random NPO***. Owner of my own t-shirt line ***Random clothing line*** clothing. i am a fashion student at the art institute *****. will attend the magic show this year. i am a goal oriented person. i have a background that i learned a lot from. i been thru all the stupid stuff, shot, been to prison, used drugs before, hustled and everything else under the sun. whatever u wanna know just holla at me and i keep it Trill witcha. i won't ever lie to you and i expect the same.

:look:

he's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk......
this time with some bs about how he thought i was some chick that told him that i couldn't talk to him because he had "kicked it" with my girl... i was like, um no, not me.... then he was like, why didn't we get together and i told him the 7 kids, prison, drugs, etc., had a lot to do with it... and he proceeded to say hey, we were brought together for a reason, call me....

CA-RAZY....

I lied and told him I was going out to breakfast with my sister so that I could end the conversation. Oh, and I told him I had a baby shower in a different town so I couldn't go out.

:look:

:ohwell:

i get the impression you have a lot of spunk.... use it!!!!!!... lol.... he's flawed, trust me... just because he's a cutie, he's not out of your reach... who knows, when you finally meet up with him, you may find that he's not good enough for you....

don't let your fear/mistrust get the best of you...

i get the impression you have a lot of spunk.... use it!!!!!!... lol.... he's flawed, trust me... just because he's a cutie, he's not out of your reach... who knows, when you finally meet up with him, you may find that he's not good enough for you....

don't let your fear/mistrust get the best of you...

This is one of those situations I talk myself out of. I'm already thinking there's no way I could ever like or connect with him. He is Lithuanian and still speaks the language so I bet he speaks heavily accented, broken english (appears so when we message). I went out with a Russian man before and could barely understand him when he talked and it was a big turn off.

I'm just going to think of him as an underwear model. I have as much a shot with him as a random underwear model :lol: so I would go out with him but I would treat him like it could never go anywhere just for my own peace of mind. It's weird...

I just got a message from the fattest guy to ever message me. It makes me realize that I rarely get messages from fat guys lol. I'm not the most gorgeous chick in the world but I'm still a little surprised at the self confidence.

So, uh... I have this guy on OKC that keeps asking me to hang out and we haven't even talked (His first message was "So why'd you drop out of college?" Pretty nice. I ended it there). I made up an excuse the first 2 times, but now it's just getting annoying.

Since I'm still kinda new at this and don't want to come off as "mean" (ok, I am sometimes, but whatevs), how exactly do you tell a guy, "No way, Paco. There's no way I'm going anywhere with your fug self" nicely? lol

You know what... I fcking hate those quickmatch someone chose you emails. Just tell me who the **** it is! :lol:

:lol: me too!

don't list like 9 dudes...what they expect me to do...email each of them and ask 'was it you?'...or do they ask us to rate them? ugh, either way it's annoying

Last edited:
I'm just wondering because I've never had a match I said "yes" to respond in any way. All my "connections" are guys that match didn't select for me (although in the case of Pen Pal J and Sir Swashbuckler :knight: I noticed that they were sent to me as matches after the fact :rolleyes: Stop trying to take credit for matches you didn't find for me, match.com!)
I sent a "hello" sort of message to my two most recent yeses. We'll see what happens...

yea I've never gotten emails from guys I just said yes to...I just assumed they would see I am interested and make the first move, but NOPE.

I'm sure by you actually sending an email will yield better results lol

You know what... I fcking hate those quickmatch someone chose you emails. Just tell me who the **** it is! :lol:

i go in, play half-hearted detective and compare the pics that pop up in my quickmatch to who was in the email to see if i want to bite... most often, i don't...

came across a new cutie today with some of the hugest arms i've ever seen.... and he's younger than i am... but there was something about his profile (the words) that really caught my attention.... he asked for the digits... we'll see what happens....

i also have been talking to another pof'er since 7/1 and, if nothing else, he will definitely be a long-term friend.... we might even do some business.... either way, he's going to be in my life... he may spend some time with me when i'm in jersey next week... lol

i go in, play half-hearted detective and compare the pics that pop up in my quickmatch to who was in the email to see if i want to bite... most often, i don't...

Yeah that's how I usually figure it out but a lot of the time I get rated by someone who is viewing anonymously like a jerk :lol:

Having fun on okcupid ladies! I may have knocked online dating in the past but now that I'm giving it another go, I think I might actually meet some cute guys off of this thing! I've had 2 guys call me this week! Yeah!

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so sick of dudes messaging me all the time to talk about nothing! Leave me the hell alone! :lol: I already said we could meet at some point in the futue... you don't have to message me all the time on some how was your day conversation siht... leave me alone :lol: I had to block some dudes from chat so they wouldn't keep iming me instead they just inbox me. Dude I have nothing to talk about. Go away.

Why am I single? :rofl:

omfg, look at this winner

mm i want some o that! LOL WASUP

My self-summary
**** *****es get money; **** money get enligthened; **** enlightened just be . If your not any of these then you shouldn't be offended. Im not looking for my mom, im not looking for my sister im not looking for a companion im looking for a wild thang. i got less and less cares each day. and i like to drink bacardi superior, take diet pills, smoke cigarettes, and drink coffee, shoot basketball in my killer yard, meditate, swim in my badass pool, watch a ****in netflick, drink some more rum, read a ****in book, and listen to classic rock. I am not angry i just am eccentric,

:rolleyes: and yes he is white. oh wait my mistake he lists himself as hispanic

*sigh* I cancelled/deleted my okcupid and match.com accounts. I don't think online dating is the best option for me right now.

I wrote to this sorta attractive guy on POF and this is what I got:

Thanks for the kind message. You are quite beautiful yourself. And I like what you
wrote on your profile. (A girly girl that is willing to get dirty, perfect). And you seem
like someone who is not materialistic or stuck on themselves, which is a huge plus.

I am not generally attracted to the darker ladies. But there is something about your
looks (maybe because you seem light skinned)
and your personality that is intriguing. I
wouldn't mind starting a cool convo with you. Or even meeting for coffee and a walk in
a park :)

I don't even know what to say to this one. I mean, I know most people have a preference, but did you have to say it like that? :lol::look:

- Oh yeah, he's a white guy that actually say's he's attracted to Asians in his profile...

I don't even know what to say to this one. I mean, I know most people have a preference, but did you have to say it like that? :lol::look:

- Oh yeah, he's a white guy that actually say's he's attracted to Asians in his profile...

WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! Gotta love that backhanded compliment. So he's one of those white guys that has everyone but black marked on his profile but he saw your profile and you were an exception, huh?

WOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!! Gotta love that backhanded compliment. So he's one of those white guys that has everyone but black marked on his profile but he saw your profile and you were an exception, huh?

Exactly. I hate that with a passion. The "I could never get with a black woman based on some stereotypical bull...but hey, You look good!"

Get outta here with that :ohwell:

omg... **** that guy... tell him to lick some greasy balls and gtfo...

Met a guy from okc today that I'd been emailing with. Way hotter in person than expected! Wasn't sure how it was going to go as I was just feeling him out but he asked me out for a 1st date this week.

I'm kind of excited! But not wanting to put any eggs in a basket or anything, I want to meet and talk to more guys! The emails have slowed a bit as of late and i've only been a member for almost 2 weeks?

Back