***Online Dating Support Thread***

First guy I would rate 6-7ish... maybe 8 if he's cuter in person. Second guy is not my type, got that backwoodsy Kfed type thing going on. I don't trust white dudes who wear wifebeaters :lol:. But both of them are acceptable. They're not ugly.

what's wrong with white guys in wife beaters?? lol...he's not my type either, but what he said in his profile and the fact he was in the, or still in the air force kinda gave him an edge...

This online dating is so hard, lol...sometimes I feel picky, sometimes I feel I'm not picky enough

Some guys I'd looked at on okcupid wrote me back. One I'd talked to about sailing. It is taking everything in me not to write back today! I'm kind of bored. I do have a good book... Must. Busy. Oneself.

I was going to go out with one of two guys today. But before I was leaving he texted me a picture of his penne noodle. So glad he did that BEFORE I'd left the house.

I was going to meet the other guy for a drink and then he said that we could go back to his place and watch Breaking Bad if we both decided we wanted more. More what? No. Thank. You.

ok, i just looked at okcupid, forgot i signed up a while ago, and was looking through my msgs. so, this is the profile of someone who msg'd me. i really need for some men to let go of their bitterness. this profile tells me he is bitter and has issues. ugh.

You don't look or sound like Wendy Williams......How You Doing? LOL

You have common sense, aren't a complete and utter idiot , don't ask too many intrusive questions (I REALLY don't like to be cross examined by street lawyers with no credentials) HINT HINT!, love to laugh, somewhat honest and upfront, and aren't insecure. I tend to speak my mind often, and if you can't take the heat or uber sensitive, we probably won't get along. There is no sugar coating here.

Please do not contact me if your profile or message doesn't have some kind of sentence structure. I am not asking for APA 9th Edition, but please have a capital letter at a beginning of a sentence and don't purposely misspell words on purpose. (i.e. jus, cuz, fo, etc.) This is the most serious thing on my profile

DISCLAIMER: If you are originally from DC, MD, or VA. It's a high probability we won't get along. I won't even go into details. But proceed carefully. (mind you i live in the dmv[dc/md/va] so i guess he is only looking for transplants.

eta: more info from his profile.

What I figured out from my experience on here is that most women think they know what they want, but don't really know, and if they do know it's either wrong or totally unrealistic. So in order to cut down on confusing confused women, I will just highlight some touch points on myself.

-From ATL
-Been in the area coming up on two years
-Not impressed with the area
-Common Sense
-Stable
-Hilarious
-Witty
-Charming
-severe ADHD

Last edited:
Actually that was a jab at white guys that appropriate black culture, I thought anyway.

idk, for some reason, i always thought white guys started wearing the undies as outerwear first.... in the tp's.... and then, for whatever reason, it radiated outward and crept into other communities.... i could be wrong on that, but that's how it seemed to evolve for me...

Some guys I'd looked at on okcupid wrote me back. One I'd talked to about sailing. It is taking everything in me not to write back today! I'm kind of bored. I do have a good book... Must. Busy. Oneself.

I was going to go out with one of two guys today. But before I was leaving he texted me a picture of his penne noodle. So glad he did that BEFORE I'd left the house.

I was going to meet the other guy for a drink and then he said that we could go back to his place and watch Breaking Bad if we both decided we wanted more. More what? No. Thank. You.

wow, they're quick to show their true colors...which is a good thing

ok, i just looked at okcupid, forgot i signed up a while ago, and was looking through my msgs. so, this is the profile of someone who msg'd me. i really need for some men to let go of their bitterness. this profile tells me he is bitter and has issues. ugh.

You have common sense, aren't a complete and utter idiot , don't ask too many intrusive questions (I REALLY don't like to be cross examined by street lawyers with no credentials) HINT HINT!, love to laugh, somewhat honest and upfront, and aren't insecure. I tend to speak my mind often, and if you can't take the heat or uber sensitive, we probably won't get along. There is no sugar coating here.

Please do not contact me if your profile or message doesn't have some kind of sentence structure. I am not asking for APA 9th Edition, but please have a capital letter at a beginning of a sentence and don't purposely misspell words on purpose. (i.e. jus, cuz, fo, etc.) This is the most serious thing on my profile

DISCLAIMER: If you are originally from DC, MD, or VA. It's a high probability we won't get along. I won't even go into details. But proceed carefully. (mind you i live in the dmv[dc/md/va] so i guess he is only looking for transplants.

What I figured out from my experience on here is that most women think they know what they want, but don't really know, and if they do know it's either wrong or totally unrealistic. So in order to cut down on confusing confused women, I will just highlight some touch points on myself.

-From ATL
-Common Sense
-Stable
-Hilarious
-Witty
-Charming
-severe ADHD

Say What?! :roadrunner: :roadrunner: :roadrunner: And don't look back!

There are so many bitter guys online dating :lol: I especially love the ones who ***** in their summary space about how women don't reply to their messages and how women are stuck up etc... do you wonder why you can't get any dates? :lol:

Speaking of which, I finally went ahead and filled in some actual information about myself in my summary section and it seems like I was getting more messages when I had written just a couple jokey sentences. Blah now I have to write something else. I don't like changing my profile a lot bc for some reason I have some dudes who view me over and over, but if they don't want to keep reading something different they should stop viewing my damn page repeatedly :lol:

-From ATL
-Common Sense
-Stable
-Hilarious
-Witty
-Charming
-severe ADHD

IS -SUES ..... seriously

btw in the 2 minutes it took for me to check my msg and read his profile and post in this thread, he's msg'd me back to back.

^^i noticed when i delete or add certain things in my profile i get more or less msgs. i guess that is good b/c it means that they are actually reading profiles. i read somewhere most men don't really read profiles and are looking solely based on the pics. but i guess those that are actually reading prior to responding are more likely to be more serious i guess. idk. just rambling along.

btw in the 2 minutes it took for me to check my msg and read his profile and post in this thread, he's msg'd me back to back.

^^i noticed when i delete or add certain things in my profile i get more or less msgs. i guess that is good b/c it means that they are actually reading profiles. i read somewhere most men don't really read profiles and are looking solely based on the pics. but i guess those that are actually reading prior to responding are more likely to be more serious i guess. idk. just rambling along.

I changed it back to the two sentences I had written before and IMMEDIATELY just got a message :lol: Ok, note to self: guys do better when you don't overload them with information.

Some guy keeps messaging me about drawing his tattoo...I already told him that just because I like to draw doesn't mean I want to draw his tattoo...ugh

This guy messaged me awhile ago - like in March - and wanted to go out but I kept putting him off because I was still fat and gross. I asked him to text me a pic bc he seemed a little too cute for me and maybe the pics were fake but he did! He just viewed my profile again, I'm wondering if I should message....

I don't trust messages from guys that are that cute :lol: out of my league

Last edited:

You're right. I know I had a few ads where the men would email me and mention nothing about my ad. If the pics are at the bottom (like craigslist) they scroll down first and then if they see what they like they scroll back up to read.

This guy messaged me awhile ago - like in March - and wanted to go out but I kept putting him off because I was still fat and gross. I asked him to text me a pic bc he seemed a little too cute for me and maybe the pics were fake but he did! He just viewed my profile again, I'm wondering if I should message....

I don't trust messages from guys that are that cute :lol: out of my league

Hey I don't think it can hurt, maybe you can wink or something if you don't want to message. And I'm a firm believer that no guy is out of your league...I used to think that, but not anymore.

The guys who message me lately have mentioned something about my profile and then they keep going back to my profile to bring something else up in the convo :lol:...idk if it's cute, or weird...
:look:

i got a few that were obvious copy and paste jobs but the vast majority of guys commented on my profile. and when i removed a bit about me having graduated and gotten my degree my messages dropped like *that*.

whew, loard, this dood would not like me.:nono::lachen:

I just signed up for ok Cupid.... Having fun but saw this one guy on there that I'm like.... We need to be in contact. I saved him as a favorite. He looked and knows. I figured out what to say in an email. He just looked at my profile again 20 minutes ago. This is toxic!!! I'm talking to other cute boys but I want THAT one! Grr!

it was funny because all i said was "i just graduated". there was no mention of what my degree was in or where i got it but when i removed those three words my messages were cut in half. they resumed as normal a few days later but i thought that was so weird.

i'm currently setting up a date for this weekend. lets see if i actually go through with it.:yawn:

Hey I don't think it can hurt, maybe you can wink or something if you don't want to message. And I'm a firm believer that no guy is out of your league...I used to think that, but not anymore.

he just im'ed me.... ahhhhh i dont trust this, dude is too pretty. something's gotta be wrong here :lol:

eta: i asked for his fb and added him... he has plenty pics tagged by friends... i guess he's the guy in the pics but i just don't get this...

Last edited:
^^haha, let's hope you're wrong lol

and omg, I am realizing there really are a lot of hippy-ish people out here...I never realized it before lol...all these dudes in birkenstocks (sp?) and an abundant amount of facial hair...

he just im'ed me.... ahhhhh i dont trust this, dude is too pretty. something's gotta be wrong here :lol:

eta: i asked for his fb and added him... he has plenty pics tagged by friends... i guess he's the guy in the pics but i just don't get this...

lol, what's to get? he's attracted to you! gone head with your bad self

He probably just wants to hook up lol.

eta: we're still chatting. We kept making plans to meet last time that I kept falling through on because this just doesn't make sense to me. He's foreign though so maybe that explains it. At any rate he's already asking again what I'm doing tomorrow! I should just tell him I think he's too good looking and it's fcking freaking me out :lol:

Last edited:
He probably just wants to hook up lol.

eta: we're still chatting. We kept making plans to meet last time that I kept falling through on because this just doesn't make sense to me. He's foreign though so maybe that explains it. At any rate he's already asking again what I'm doing tomorrow! I should just tell him I think he's too good looking and it's fcking freaking me out :lol:

what did you end up doing?....

I lied and told him I was going out to breakfast with my sister so that I could end the conversation. Oh, and I told him I had a baby shower in a different town so I couldn't go out.

:look:

:ohwell:

Back