***Online Dating Support Thread***

@Oasis I would love to see this man. :lol:

loard, i wish i had a pic.:lol: y'all don't even know.:look:

But yeah... I'm just not that attracted to them so my standard are ridic high in the look department. I don't feel bad about it though since there has to be a physical attraction element... My ex's looks, on the other hand, would get me laughed at (>__>)

yeah, i think this might be it.:perplexed although last year i was only into black guys. i think my preferences just change with the seasons.:lol:

awe man I took an unexpected nap and I missed the black dudes *kicks rocks*

but that's funny some of you have higher standards for black men, lol...I have ridiculously high standards for NBM

i think im gonna go ahead and do that match trial now and see whats on there

eta:

The username you selected is already in use.
Please enter another username, or choose one of the usernames we've suggested:

• lenacakes9212
  • Cleanlenacakes
  • IncredibleJourney

wtf? :rofl: "clean"? and where did "incredible journey" come from? rofl :lachen:

i think im gonna go ahead and do that match trial now and see whats on there

eta:

The username you selected is already in use.
Please enter another username, or choose one of the usernames we've suggested:

• lenacakes9212
  • Cleanlenacakes
  • IncredibleJourney

wtf? :rofl: "clean"? and where did "incredible journey" come from? rofl :lachen:

LMAO, those are horrible suggestions

I'm getting a few messages from attractive men on POF, but I'm wondering now whats the point of even meeting them. The same thing always happens with these POF dudes. We text/chat on the phone for a while...go on a few great dates, and then they start giving me the cold shoulder out of nowhere.

I might try Match.com again....maybe I'll have better luck there.

upload a pic of you with friends

ok now upload a pic of you with family

ok now upload a pic of you at work

now a pic at play

now a pic asleep

:rolleyes:

normally i would say **** this and run off... jesus, this is irritating. and i dont like that they force you to give a credit card so they can "accidentally" bill you over 100 dollars. i wish i would pay that kind of money for a dating site.

You, the buyer, may cancel this subscription agreement, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight on the third day following the date of this subscription agreement. To cancel this subscription agreement, mail a signed dated notice, or send a telegram which states that you, the buyer, are canceling this subscription agreement, or words to similar effect. This notice shall be sent by certified or registered mail to: Match.com, L.L.C., Attn: Cancellations, P.O. Box 12305, Dallas, TX 75225, USA. Please include your Match.com username and email address in any correspondence or your refund may be delayed.

If you send or deliver the notice to cancel your subscription agreement within 3 days, we will refund the full amount of your subscription.

mm-nn, nah. **** all this *hits x*

Last edited:
No, I haven't paid attention to the astrological signs. I normally wait until I'm interested in a person to read their signs and that's only to gain a basic understanding of their personality that I may have missed.

But I think I will go on match and do a search based on astrological signs for kicks. Because I'm bored!

Random (sort of) topic:

Do you all pay any attention to astrological sign? I've never paid it any attention until recently, and I'm curious if it has had any effect on anyone else.
One of my connections on match.com, we'll call him Pen Pal J, (you may recall he's the one I initiated contact with and have been emailing with for over a month), is intriguingly similar to me in strange ways.

Anywho, out of curiosity I looked up the compatibility for our sun signs and it is very high. So just now I ran my usual saved search for guys in my area with the desired attributes (photos only, no heavy drinkers, no smokers, a range of faiths that I would be comfortable with, being unsure or "someday"-ish about kids, etc), only this time filtered for the two signs that are supposed to be most compatible with me.
Lo and behold, suddenly the majority of the profiles I just read through were appealing to me--including general attractiveness and what they had to say about themselves and their interests.

Have any of you tried this?

upload a pic of you with friends

ok now upload a pic of you with family

ok now upload a pic of you at work

now a pic at play

now a pic asleep

:rolleyes:

normally i would say **** this and run off... jesus, this is irritating. and i dont like that they force you to give a credit card so they can "accidentally" bill you over 100 dollars. i wish i would pay that kind of money for a dating site.

mm-nn, nah. **** all this *hits x*

For the canceling...so you have to mail in a letter/telegram if you want to cancel? WTF they need a credit card?

I got an email on match and can't look at it... I do not want them to trick me into paying for this junk.

same here I just got email and I can't read it.

But I won't pay to read it, especially since I didn't read most of the emails I got...

but you should still try to trial out...they didn't charge me, I just unsubscribed before my trial was over.

Ok I've had my inaccessible match profile up for a few hours. I got six winks - four black men, two white men. None of them refused to check "black" for preference and one of the black men actually only wanted black women. One black guy and one white guy was forty+ though... I'm thinking I better not get on match until I'm ready to get married. People who just want to date around probably ain't paying 100 dollars to do it.

I've had 26 views, 2 favorites, and 2 emails, but I can't view them.

This is too irritating to not be able to access this stuff :lol: how do I remove this profile?

Woooow, That is too funny. That baby though...:look:

[/B]

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: well, at least I wasn't the only one thinking it.

We're both going to hell you know that right? :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: i'm holding out hope that it's because she was only 17 days old.... his youngest is cuter....

OH - you know i questioned him about what was said on the clip about him being married.... cuz his profile says single.... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he's married... 'bout to be divorced in about 60 days.... yeah right

Yes...I definitely pay attention to astrological signs. For some reason I attract Pisces like crazy. I have been there and don't that with Pisces and REFUSE to even consider dating one. No matter how fine he is we just don't mesh. I didn't know there was a filter option for selecting on the astro sign. I'll have to check that out.

Anyone looking into getting a subscriptoin should checkout retailmenot.com for coupon codes. I used a code and got 20% off a 3 months subscription. Total amount for the entire 3 months was $47.98 which isn't that bad.

Regarding their cancellation policy: I "canceled" my subscription, however, I still have access to all of my features until my 3 months are expired. Here is some cancellation information taken from Match.com

Cancel Subscription

Cancel your subscription with Match.com. You will not be able to send or receive emails after your subscription expires, but you can still look as much as you'd like

i deleted it because i didnt want people messaging me and i wouldnt be able to contact them.

so this indian dude on okcupid has been chatting me all the damn time. hes like, im too short for you so we could only be friends but hes talking to me all the time... ya, as it turns out, i dont really want to make random friends, leave me alone

i've never paid attention to the astrological sign. i barely know anything about my own.:lol:

i was finally messaged by a cute black guy last night. finally! then i looked at his profile and under "things i'm good it" it said "rollin' blunts and keepin' it real". why must i cry?:cry:

I have a special treat for you all.... This winner of a message I got yesterday.
(Let me just say, this was his FIRST message to me, never spoke to him before in my life)

hey ....it's tuesday....i just got home from the beach on sunday, and i wanna go back!!!! lol ....how are you? :):)
i would love to chat with you some time.
hope your weekend was great :):)

also, strange question ....i don't know if it's the hot weather or what, but would you like to talk to each other now and see if you'd like to get together tonight? i am extra horny today but i don't want to get into it because i'm not really like that...but i am looking for someone nice and patient who can share loving time with me tonight. but please talk to me ...because i already feel like an idiot. lol.
-robbie.

FOR REAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i've never paid attention to the astrological sign. i barely know anything about my own.:lol:

i was finally messaged by a cute black guy last night. finally! then i looked at his profile and under "things i'm good it" it said "rollin' blunts and keepin' it real". why must i cry?:cry:

You cry, I cry... and Jesus Wept....:nono:

I joined OkCupid today, first time on the site. However last year I did try Eharmony and Match. I gave it a break, after a few failed dates! So I did a search after I created my profile on OKCupid and on peoples profiles it shows: No one's contacted him this week. Go for it. and Replies very selectively then Replies often . What is the purpose of them showing that?

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: i'm holding out hope that it's because she was only 17 days old.... his youngest is cuter....

OH - you know i questioned him about what was said on the clip about him being married.... cuz his profile says single.... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he's married... 'bout to be divorced in about 60 days.... yeah right

:nono::nono::nono::lachen::lachen::lachen::perplexed:perplexed:perplexed...........................

For the canceling...so you have to mail in a letter/telegram if you want to cancel? WTF they need a credit card?

No, you just have to cancel your subscription online and they wont bill you. They ask for your credit card because they set you up for auto renewal and they hope you'll forget once your free trial is up.

You only have to send in a letter if you actually paid for a regular membership.

Victorian

I'm a Sagittarius. I've dated Pisces in the past and just came to realize I can never do it again. My main issue is that I tend to find the ones who lack drive and motivation. They were generally nice guys, but tend to keep their heads in the clouds.....always dreaming or talking about what they are going to do, but never acting on it. It also seemed like they were looking to be taken care of. I don't mind taken care of my man to a certain extent, but I can't be babying no grown darn man. I found myself having to motivate or tell them what needed to be done and at what time.

Back