***Online Dating Support Thread***

Are you on more than one online dating site at a time......my Match special is over in August but I think I'm ready to move on.

I really think it helps to be a "NEWBIE" .....so I would only join and stay active for a few months at a time. Also, before I leave a delete all my photos so that I don't come up in any searches.

None of the black guys who message me are much cuter so it's all the same to me. Don't let me start posting them :look: :lol: Oh, one guy who was really cute was the crazy European dude I mentioned some pages back but he made me want to :barf:

lmaoo...I can only imagine, I only got one message from a black guy who was kind of cute and he was a boxer/model from the UK...but when I looked at the rest of his pictures, I got a gay vibe...

no luck

Do you guys find it hard to attract the type of guys you like of a different race? I always get older men or men that I would never look at twice in person. However, the men that are my type never really contact me. I don't know if it is because they are not attracted to my race or don't think I would like them OR they don't think i'm attractive.

It's very frustrating sometimes, lol. Do you guys have a men from other races that are your type contact you?

totally misssed this post, but yes, yes...this is my situation...the attractive ones never message me, but theres not that many of them:nono:

I only think the last guy and the guy on the right are cute enough that I would look at them and not feel like I was compromising on their looks. I would post pics of black guys, but since I may get stuck having to leave those up if the other poster doesn't remove them, I don't want that to happen again posting some other people's pics.

Wow your pics are cute! and way better looking then the men I get. I don't get it when I look at like afroromance they say they SPECIFY black woman only. I'm like if they aren't picking us and they want us...who? lol I've gotten a little depressed over it.lol

the guy with the Arthur name tag and the guy below him are very cute, imo.:yep: or is that the same person?:lol: to be honest though, most of those guys run circles around the doods that message me.:(:lol:

Do you guys find it hard to attract the type of guys you like of a different race? I always get older men or men that I would never look at twice in person. However, the men that are my type never really contact me. I don't know if it is because they are not attracted to my race or don't think I would like them OR they don't think i'm attractive.

It's very frustrating sometimes, lol. Do you guys have a men from other races that are your type contact you?
i find it hard to attract the type i like of any race. the fatties love me though!:lachen:

Shia LaBeouf/John Cho/Jay Alexander are my non-black types and they never message me. more like Michael Cera/Hiro Nakamura/George Lopez types.:lachen:

Last edited:
They're okay looking to me overall. 4/5 ish. I would give some of them a chance if they met my personality, job/school, and other requirements.

Arthur is Mexican and the guy below him is Indian.

I think in general I actually may have gotten messaged by cuter guys on pof, but something was always wrong with them so that I wouldn't have dated them anyway (usually way too young or had no education or job)

I got a hispanic/middle eastern doc, wanting to meet me, but he's marriage minded and very serious about it. I find that very intimidating, but a part of me thinks it's hypocritical to say i'm not looking for marriage but am looking for a serious relationship :ohwell: marriage is the ultimate serious relationship right?

Afroromance is one of the worst. Mostly older European men preying on younger bw. I wouldn't waste my money unless that's what you are looking for.

They're okay looking to me overall. 4/5 ish. I would give some of them a chance if they met my personality, job/school, and other requirements.

Yikes. You think so? Your standards are quite a bit higher than mine....

black dudes (PLEASE DON'T QUOTE):bye guys

Last edited:
black dudes (PLEASE DON'T QUOTE)

but i did think these two guys were :lick:

*sighs* i didn't find any of them attractive.:( i know i'll probably get stoned for this and i'm embarrassed to even admit it to myself but i think i have higher standards for black guys vs. white guys, but only when it comes to looks. this is why i try to stay silent on the "black men only wanna date black women when they look like Halle Berry" debates. i feel like such a self-hating racist. :cry:

i tend to be mostly attracted to average looking white guys but most of the black guys i wanna :lick: are Jesse Williams, Will Smith, Lance Gross waaay (imo) above average types.

i'm so ashamed. *flees into the darkness*

I just don't think in general men can be gorgeous like women can so I don't have excessively high standards when it comes to looks. Even the celebrity men that I think are good looking can be argued to be not that attractive by some women (probably except Zac Efron. He's pretty). For example I don't think any of the celebrity black men you mentioned are above average (especially Will Smith who I like but just don't think is very attractive.) If you got a cute face and a good body, you're good in my book.

:lachen: shame on y'all. Yet I'm the one who gets a bad rap as a white kang luver....

I mean those first four guys were legitimately :barf: but those last two guys are cute. I mean I'm not Halle Berry so I can't go running around demanding Gabriel Aubry :lol:

ETA: I think what the guy is doing/the persona he gives off in the pic has A LOT to do with my impressions...and I'm not turned on by thugishness, so I think that's why a lot of the bm who email/wink at me get the side-eye. Like, the second to last dude and a couple of the other dudes I think are good-looking, but I am not attracted to them at all, for other reasons.

The smoking turned me off too but when I read his profile he's a cool dude that I would hang out with. I wouldn't date him because that's just asking for trouble but I would definitely go out with him.

I just don't think in general men can be gorgeous like women can so I don't have excessively high standards when it comes to looks. Even the celebrity men that I think are good looking can be argued to be not that attractive by some women (probably except Zac Efron. He's pretty). For example I don't think any of the celebrity black men you mentioned are above average (especially Will Smith who I like but just don't think is very attractive.) If you got a cute face and a good body, you're good in my book.

that's just the thing, though; i don't have excessively high standards when it comes to looks. i would get my *** handed to me on a platter if i showed y'all a pic of a guy i was jonesin' over last year.:nono: my friend said he looked like a homeless frog but i thought he was sooooo adorbz with his scruffy hair and 5 o'clock shadow. hell, i think Drake is sexy.:look: but when it comes to black men, i just seem to be super hard on them which really isn't fair.

that's just the thing, though; i don't have excessively high standards when it comes to looks. i would get my *** handed to me on a platter if i showed y'all a pic of a guy i was jonesin' over last year.:nono: my friend said he looked like a homeless frog but i thought he was sooooo adorbz with his scruffy hair and 5 o'clock shadow. hell, i think Drake is sexy.:look: but when it comes to black men, i just seem to be super hard on them which really isn't fair.

Oasis I would love to see this man. :lol:

ok.. this isnt really online dating but w.e. i'll post it here anyway. so i can just KICK myself. i saw this HOT guy while I was leaving walmart right? he was coming and i was going. he was maybe 6ft or a little shorter, hispanic, broad chest, muscular, just HOT right? and i accidentally made eye contact with him, but for some insane reason i continued this eye contact, i didnt look away. and he was looking ME in the eye too. so we are just getting closer and closer to each other, looking into each other's eyes. then suddenly i got really flustered and looked away. as he was passing me, he continued to look at me but i turned my head away.

*falls to knees* WHHHHY??!!!!

you see? THIS! scenarios like THIS is the reason I online date. if i'm not the most socially inept person in the entire state of FL idk what i am. all i had to do was smile. but suddenly i was completely unable to even look at him. *curls into ball* FML

You've got competition with me bb. No matter where I am, I can't even *look* at a guy I think is hot in the eyes. It's horrible! D: Don't even get me started on if they actually approach me... orz

*sighs* i didn't find any of them attractive.:( i know i'll probably get stoned for this and i'm embarrassed to even admit it to myself but i think i have higher standards for black guys vs. white guys, but only when it comes to looks. this is why i try to stay silent on the "black men only wanna date black women when they look like Halle Berry" debates. i feel like such a self-hating racist. :cry:

i tend to be mostly attracted to average looking white guys but most of the black guys i wanna :lick: are Jesse Williams, Will Smith, Lance Gross waaay (imo) above average types.

i'm so ashamed. *flees into the darkness*

LOL I'm kind of the same. I think I've only ever found like.... 4 black guys attractive. 1 of those are Lupe Fiasco XD

But yeah... I'm just not that attracted to them so my standard are ridic high in the look department. I don't feel bad about it though since there has to be a physical attraction element... My ex's looks, on the other hand, would get me laughed at (>__>)

Yikes. You think so? Your standards are quite a bit higher than mine....

black dudes (PLEASE DON'T QUOTE):bye guys

Well, I can see how you could find them attractive. Most of them were at least average looking and I'll give average looking a chance.

Don't mind me. I'm still in my pretty boy stage. :lol:

The guy that's into me now is average looking. The way he treats me is making him look soo much better.

Aww, man I missed the black dudes. :sad:

I had a pretty boy stage up until a few years ago, and the prettiest guys I dated f*cked my life up the worst. So I definitely had to grow up out of that.

eta: not saying who anyone should or shouldnt date but for me the experiences resulted in horrible trade offs that were not worth dating a gorgeous guy. i used to be lookist like nobody's business but ive had to suffer too many consequences from that that for me i know it's something i no longer value.

Last edited:
Back