***Online Dating Support Thread***

Please don't respond to me if you haven't included a photo. Really? My looks are part of the reason I was able to get your attention in the first place and you can't even include one of your own? What do you have to hide?

I'm sorry, but while looks are not at the top of my list, they are on it and I want to be attracted to the man. Jeez.

Take it from me,
don't just ask them to show you 1 pic.. .make them post multiples.

If you happen to go out on a first date with them, and they finally post their 1 pic, you'll be angry, cuz it's their pic from the 1980's them talkin' bout that's all they had.

No pic? No response. (and don't try and post or send one after the fact. 'kthanksbye)

ok.. this isnt really online dating but w.e. i'll post it here anyway. so i can just KICK myself. i saw this HOT guy while I was leaving walmart right? he was coming and i was going. he was maybe 6ft or a little shorter, hispanic, broad chest, muscular, just HOT right? and i accidentally made eye contact with him, but for some insane reason i continued this eye contact, i didnt look away. and he was looking ME in the eye too. so we are just getting closer and closer to each other, looking into each other's eyes. then suddenly i got really flustered and looked away. as he was passing me, he continued to look at me but i turned my head away.

*falls to knees* WHHHHY??!!!!

you see? THIS! scenarios like THIS is the reason I online date. if i'm not the most socially inept person in the entire state of FL idk what i am. all i had to do was smile. but suddenly i was completely unable to even look at him. *curls into ball* FML

^^^
Awww lol. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I feel like you looked at him long enough for signify interest. How long do we have to look at men and how many smiles do we have to give them to make them approach? :drunk: Geez ,lol

not sure if i am overreacting or if it is pms, but i'm getting a little frustrated/annoyed. i've been emailing back and forth with someone online. so, we have been emailing through email recently, and he asks me so, where are you from and what do you do? what annoyed me, is that we had this back and forth conversation, b/c somehow my city got misspelled through the site, and i never noticed, but he brought it to my attention, and was going on and on about it. and we had this long email conversation about my career yesterday. idk, i feel like, simply looking at our previous conversation from YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE would answer his question. and it wouldn't be such a big deal, if these weren't things that he'd already asked and brought up previously and made such a big deal about. but suddenly you have amnesia? maybe it is just pms, but i'm seriously annoyed. ugghhh! this is why i hate dating. sorry, vent over.

eta: so i asked him about asking me these questions, and his response was "my bad, i forgot, i have no incentive since you refuse to post more pictures and i'm not sure if i am physically attracted to you". i have about 6 pictures posted btw. i think he was upset, b/c i told him i didnt have facebook, when he wanted to add me as facebook friends. um, i don't think so. i told him, thank you, nice talking to you and have a great day. :spinning:. he was annoying anyways, but i was bored. :nono: nope next time, once i see they are annoying from the jump, i will just ignore them. :perplexed

Last edited:
i only started my profile a week ago and already i'm bored. i find myself taking longer and longer to respond to messages, critiquing faces that i found attractive just a few days ago, becoming annoyed by the dumbest things etc. just a mess.:nono: i don't know if i'm cut out for this. i just lose interest so easily.

not sure if i am overreacting or if it is pms, but i'm getting a little frustrated/annoyed. i've been emailing back and forth with someone online. so, we have been emailing through email recently, and he asks me so, where are you from and what do you do? what annoyed me, is that we had this back and forth conversation, b/c somehow my city got misspelled through the site, and i never noticed, but he brought it to my attention, and was going on and on about it. and we had this long email conversation about my career yesterday. idk, i feel like, simply looking at our previous conversation from YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE would answer his question. and it wouldn't be such a big deal, if these weren't things that he'd already asked and brought up previously and made such a big deal about. but suddenly you have amnesia? maybe it is just pms, but i'm seriously annoyed. ugghhh! this is why i hate dating. sorry, vent over.

eta: so i asked him about asking me these questions, and his response was "my bad, i forgot, i have no incentive since you refuse to post more pictures and i'm not sure if i am physically attracted to you". i have about 6 pictures posted btw. i think he was upset, b/c i told him i didnt have facebook, when he wanted to add me as facebook friends. um, i don't think so. i told him, thank you, nice talking to you and have a great day. :spinning:. he was annoying anyways, but i was bored. :nono: nope next time, once i see they are annoying from the jump, i will just ignore them. :perplexed

UGHHH....I'd be annoyed too.

i was scrolling through my matches and I came across a fake. IDK if they really think they're going to get dates using pictures of a dude off the show 'big time rush' on nick....
smh

HAHAHAHA! I secretly watch that show sometimes :look:

Sent from my Motorola Atrix

ETA: I may or may not actually have the BTR album :look:

Last edited:
i only started my profile a week ago and already i'm bored. i find myself taking longer and longer to respond to messages, critiquing faces that i found attractive just a few days ago, becoming annoyed by the dumbest things etc. just a mess.:nono: i don't know if i'm cut out for this. i just lose interest so easily.

same here, I only have been using it for a little less than 2 weeks, and I have responded to one message...and im bored

HAHAHAHA! I secretly watch that show sometimes :look:

Sent from my Motorola Atrix

ETA: I may or may not actually have the BTR album :look:

Girl I LOVE that show. I aint even gonna front, lol!!! Which album you got? Is there only one right?

i was scrolling through my matches and I came across a fake. IDK if they really think they're going to get dates using pictures of a dude off the show 'big time rush' on nick....
smh

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Which one was it? Kendall? :lick::lick::lick::lick:

Yeah, they only have one full album, "BTR". Some of the songs have been released as singles too. iTunes has them. I mean...that's what I heard :sekret:

*sings* Your boy boy b-b-boy b-b-boyfriend....

Well after spending 30 minutes searching match. I didn't see anything I would date.

Well there were two guys, but they sound too good to be true. A guy announcing that he is part of the UE; but CAN'T find a date...in CHICAGO....YEAH RIGHT!

I have a question :look:

How soon after communicating with someone online, and by phone to you meet for a date? Here is the scenerio: I saw the ad yesterday (I was bored), sent a response yesterday, talked on the phone for 2 1/2 hours after some light emailing today. We cannot meet til the weekend because his job. The conversation was AWESOME! He asked me out on a date to dinner. Is this weekend too soon? We will be speaking thoughout the week.

I have not been on a real live date since 1998......:look: Thanks.

^^ I feel if you feel ready and you have asked all your mandatory questions I feel why not go.You can still do some light emailing throughout the week as it's just Tuesday to continue to feel the guy out and have more phone convos.

I have a question :look:

How soon after communicating with someone online, and by phone to you meet for a date? Here is the scenerio: I saw the ad yesterday (I was bored), sent a response yesterday, talked on the phone for 2 1/2 hours after some light emailing today. We cannot meet til the weekend because his job. The conversation was AWESOME! He asked me out on a date to dinner. Is this weekend too soon? We will be speaking thoughout the week.

I have not been on a real live date since 1998......:look: Thanks.

whenever it feels right to you.... if you're comfortable with it then it's not too soon.... :grin:

Do you guys find it hard to attract the type of guys you like of a different race? I always get older men or men that I would never look at twice in person. However, the men that are my type never really contact me. I don't know if it is because they are not attracted to my race or don't think I would like them OR they don't think i'm attractive.

It's very frustrating sometimes, lol. Do you guys have a men from other races that are your type contact you?

I know that I can't get any med students to bite :cry3: well, that's a lie, one messaged me, but we only talked the one time.

Do you guys find it hard to attract the type of guys you like of a different race? I always get older men or men that I would never look at twice in person. However, the men that are my type never really contact me. I don't know if it is because they are not attracted to my race or don't think I would like them OR they don't think i'm attractive.

It's very frustrating sometimes, lol. Do you guys have a men from other races that are your type contact you?

If you read over most of the posts, you'll see that most of the nbm that contacted them were older, overweight, facially challenged, and/or not the brightest in the bunch or the most interesting. So it's not just you!

I did have the pleasure of dating a nbm that was my type for awhile from online. He was smart, nice, college educated, in shape, and gorgeous. So it can happen. How often? It depends on your appeal to the average nbm.

Although I think in general, quality attractive men online of any race are limited and rare, and don't seem to be hitting up too many women in general with first contact.

Last edited:
guys... wow... i'm almost speechless....

i just got a message from a REAL LIVE MAURY SHOW PATERNITY TEST ALUM!!!!!!!.... i mean, the clip from the show is on his website.... i have so many questions... i just don't know where to begin...

i can't stop laughing though....

im gonna post (and then remove) pics of some of the nbm who messaged me and yall tell me if you think theyre cute. I think I get messaged by mostly average looking men. I will say that luckily they're all generally in the same age group as me. I haven't gotten a single message from an old nbm man iirc. A lot of women have complained about only getting messages from ugly men so I'm curious what you guys think is ugly.

Last edited:
guys... wow... i'm almost speechless....

i just got a message from a REAL LIVE MAURY SHOW PATERNITY TEST ALUM!!!!!!!.... i mean, the clip from the show is on his website.... i have so many questions... i just don't know where to begin...

i can't stop laughing though....

/\___/\_____________________________ girl your posts always have me on edge. Who is this person? Can you post a link to his vid? @SqrpioQutie

im gonna post (and then remove) pics of some of the nbm who messaged me and yall tell me if you think theyre cute. I think I get messaged by mostly average looking men. I will say that luckily they're all generally in the same age group as me. I haven't gotten a single message from an old nbm man iirc. A lot of women have complained about only getting messages from ugly men so I'm curious what you guys think is ugly.

his face:

I don't like either :perplexed. Although the last one reminds me of Adam Richman from "Man Vs. Food." He's cute.

Last edited:

2, 4 (assuming the message sender is the one on the right), 5 and 6 are cute enough for dates, imo...

Back