***Online Dating Support Thread***

ok. so i went on the date. annnnnnd :perplexed the guy didnt look nearly as hot in person as he did on his pic. you would think the guy in the pic was his hot younger brother or something. idk what he did to get himself lookin like he did in the pic he sent me buuuut.. :nono: that was not him.

i was so disappointed but something told me this would be the case. so anyway, he kept pressing me about whether or not i had a bf again. and i am SOOO glad i remained ambiguous about that bc i was able to say "well there is this guy that i've been dating for awhile. we're kind of on and off but we're still talking." tho it seems he's not taking the hint on this one and has decided to pursue me anyway, even though i blatantly said me and him were just friends. and even tho i told him i was not done w. the guy im w. now and am not trying to get into something else. he said "thats ok, we can just take it slow." :perplexed oh well, he cant say he wasnt warned.

oh yea.. he is NOT 6ft! that really angered me. im 5'7 and he was just a little taller than i was. now i know most guys add a few inches but COME ON!!! that was a ridiculous exaggeration on his part. anyway that was that. luckily a friend of his wasn't feeling well and had to leave early and asked him to come along. he invited me to his place and i said NOOO way. i wouldnt mind staying his friend so we can discuss a few things like meditation and chakras and whatnot. but idt that will be possible seeing how he is making it clear he wants more.

anyway this is why i wanted to meet him right away. i didnt want to continue to talk with this guy, thinking he was more attractive than he really was. fall for an illusion, only to be sorely disappointed when i met him weeks down the line. smh. no sir. im glad we met when we did.

What I read about online dating is that usually men add inches lengthwise and women deduct inches width wise:look:.

was so bored/hungry (:lol:) last night i ended up having a long conversation with a 29 year old overweight dude and now he wants to meet. fml.

in the past 2 days, 5 different guys have popped up from my past dealings online.... texts and ims.... is this what summer does to dudes?... make them go walking down memory lane??...

was so bored/hungry (:lol:) last night i ended up having a long conversation with a 29 year old overweight dude and now he wants to meet. fml.

*writing a list of things for mischka to do when she's bored so things like this don't happen*

was the conversation at least interesting?

it wasn't soul-deadeningly boring but it wasnt one of the great ones. but he said he thought i was out of his league and that was nice to hear, you so rarely hear guys admit that (and for me i often feel its not true).

lol, I just got this message...

I'm loving your smile. You had me at mos def and beyonce =) I just got out to XX for my summer long MBA internship downtown financial district. Coming from the east coast I don't really know too many people. Do you happen to work in XX? Figured I'd say hi and hopefully you'll be my cute tour guide lol =)

I'm sure his intentions are good...but no where on my profile do I mention mos def or beyonce...am I missing something?? lol

lol, I just got this message...

I'm loving your smile. You had me at mos def and beyonce =) I just got out to XX for my summer long MBA internship downtown financial district. Coming from the east coast I don't really know too many people. Do you happen to work in XX? Figured I'd say hi and hopefully you'll be my cute tour guide lol =)

I'm sure his intentions are good...but no where on my profile do I mention mos def or beyonce...am I missing something?? lol

dreaded copy and paste mass message... throwing it out to everyone and seeing whose goofy enough to bite.

in the past 2 days, 5 different guys have popped up from my past dealings online.... texts and ims.... is this what summer does to dudes?... make them go walking down memory lane??...

Funny you said that cause the same thing happened to me this week. I had two guys from my past text me. I was like come on!!

PROBLEM...

The guy I was referring to the other day about not knowing what to say to him....well when he first messaged me, I thought he seemed familiar...I thought he could be my sister's ex boyfriend's younger brother....but I was like 'nahhh, kind of looks like him and he has a similar name, but it can't be'...but I don't even remember what his name is exactly...

But the more I talk to him the more I think it is him...same university, same degree, same age, now he just told me his parent lives in the same city as him........*sigh*
I was thinking about asking my sister, but I am not sure if I should...

I just KNEW I would run into someone I knew...and even tho I don't KNOW him that well,
I know his brother...

^^^ well, on the bright side, he's up there for the same reasons you are so that can't be embarrassing....

i was out with my ex's sister a few weeks ago and her father (who is also my ex's father) asked me how match.com was going for me... seems he has a profile there and come across mine (which i thought i had deleted a while ago).... now that was sorta awkward... i mean, i used to think of this dude as my future father-in-law... lol

cute 6'6 firefighter dude wants to meet up today. ugh i just really dont feel like being bothered.

LOL! I have times where I feel like that too. I think you get a little burned out. Just take a break and go treat yourself. Nothing like a body massage and a facial.

^^^ well, on the bright side, he's up there for the same reasons you are so that can't be embarrassing....

i was out with my ex's sister a few weeks ago and her father (who is also my ex's father) asked me how match.com was going for me... seems he has a profile there and come across mine (which i thought i had deleted a while ago).... now that was sorta awkward... i mean, i used to think of this dude as my future father-in-law... lol

wow, that is very awkward!

i'm more concerned that i have to stop talking to him :ohwell:

why would you have to stop?...

Because my sister is still kind of talking to his brother, and there's a chance they may get back together...so it would be so weird...

Plus I've met him before a whiillleee ago...its almost as if I should just tell him I know him already lol..

Because my sister is still kind of talking to his brother, and there's a chance they may get back together...so it would be so weird...

Plus I've met him before a whiillleee ago...its almost as if I should just tell him I know him already lol..

my .02 - if you like talking to each other and yall click, i say tell him your suspicions and see how it falls out.... if you're not feeling him, then let it go.... but your sister and his brother should have little to do with it... unless you don't like his brother or something.. lol

that same guy who imed me (the one i posted about smashing his car window :lol:) just sent me an inbox message. he must not even remember im the same person. i hate him. (i still havent eaten since last night LORD I NEED TO GET MY LIFE TOGETHER)

my .02 - if you like talking to each other and yall click, i say tell him your suspicions and see how it falls out.... if you're not feeling him, then let it go.... but your sister and his brother should have little to do with it... unless you don't like his brother or something.. lol

I do like the conversation so far...but that's the problem...I don't really like his brother :ohwell:

I'll just see what my sister says...I'm sure she'll have a laugh about it

Almost spilled my drink out reading this message I just got. I can't at the bold:

hey babe im frm richmond va up here tryn to find a cool friend that like to have fun. i gotta upload a pic of me soon.so i put a pic of my lil cuz on here til i get it str8. what good wit u tonight?

lmaoo...how you have a pic of your little cousin and not yourself...

I don't trust that, with most phones having cameras, it should not be hard to take a pic and upload it loll

I just got a message asking me if i was a superhero what kind of power would i want lmao

Almost spilled my drink out reading this message I just got. I can't at the bold:

hey babe im frm richmond va up here tryn to find a cool friend that like to have fun. i gotta upload a pic of me soon.so i put a pic of my lil cuz on here til i get it str8. what good wit u tonight?

gthoh.:lachen::lachen:
I'd have asked him to hook me up with the cousin til he gets it together.

i just can't make this up

Your Beauty Is Wonderful that it will be a very big honor to acknowledge you in my kingdom,So my dear,How are you doing?Hope to be hearing from you soon..Remain blessed.

anyone else annoyed by winks and those I want to meet you? and they never send you a message? ugh, gets on my nerves.

Back