***Online Dating Support Thread***

I'm take it he was disappointing.
I was curious because if you've been online dating a while you can see faces that you want to message you but never do.....then all of a sudden they do and it's a massive disappoint. Ive never had a date with these guys but the messaging turns out to be awful.

Bublin check your PM.

I'm girling out tonight; flat-ironed my hair, did a facemask, did my brows, painted my nails and picked out an outfit... My usual pre-date ritual, haha I enjoy it.. but I have to say I'm really excited to meet this guy tomorrow... I so hope he's at sweet as he seems via text :)

I'm girling out tonight; flat-ironed my hair, did a facemask, did my brows, painted my nails and picked out an outfit... My usual pre-date ritual, haha I enjoy it.. but I have to say I'm really excited to meet this guy tomorrow... I so hope he's at sweet as he seems via text :)

Let us know how it goes!

two good messages today. finally. one is from a cuuuuuuuuuuutie but he lives in a neighboring state :sad: but idc, because i was definitely going to encourage him to message me anyway. i generally automatically ignore guys that are not local, but he is DAMN attractive. :lick:

wait, make that three good prospects. AYYYYYYYYYY! cuffing season finally starting to work in my favor :lol:

WAIT A MINUTE!

:lachen: cackling!!!

this last message is from a guy ive already met!!!! :rofl: i met him one night out with a girlfriend, and he ended up playing darts with us. he kissed me at the end of the night. then i ran into him again at my neighborhood watering hole. :rofl: does he really not remember me every time? :rofl:

I just got home from my best online date ever... I am totally smitten. We went to this quaint little bar for drinks; the bar has board games at every table but we had such a great time talking that we didn't touch the games.

I felt so excited about meeting him all day but the nerves hit me when I got there and saw him walk in ahead of me. I stayed back and called my sister and she helped me get over the nerves. He had dress shoes on but was otherwise very casual, jeans and a casual shirt. I had on a jumpsuit, leather jack and statement scarf, so I felt a little self-conscious about that at first, but the vino helped hahah.

Anyway we sat across from each other at a booth and I noticed by the end of the night we were both leaned right across the table talking haha... I guess that's a good sign. He was absolutely adorable. He's a young professional, loves his industry and like me is relatively new to the city. He's from a small town originally and has the cutest accent and little half grin.

By the middle of the date we were making plans for saturday (bbq + mini-putt!). He offered to walk me home (I'm a 5 min walk) and he gave me a hug when we arrived. He text me after to say that he had a great time and that he had thought about kissing me but didn't want to mess up a good thing, which I thought was super sweet.

Anyway I'm totally smitten and can't wait for Saturday. :grin:

Date No.2 tonight.
He's 'promising' to give me a proper kiss this time because I ran away like a little school girl on Tuesday after our quick peck!!!
I'm meeting him near his work place this time.
.....dating makes me realise how few clothes I have.

Date No.2 tonight.
He's 'promising' to give me a proper kiss this time because I ran away like a little school girl on Tuesday after our quick peck!!!
Yes @ the bolded. I was just talking about this with my roomie. I need more, cute, evening date clothes!

Date No.2 tonight.

If you're on a budget, invest in accessories. Accessorizing can totally make your wardrobe more versatile. Things that seem too casual can be dressed up with the right belt, scarf, shoes, etc.

Enjoy date #2! And let that man kiss you.

If you're on a budget, invest in accessories. Accessorizing can totally make your wardrobe more versatile. Things that seem too casual can be dressed up with the right belt, scarf, shoes, etc.

Enjoy date #2! And let that man kiss you.

Thanks, great tip.
Im home now after the 2nd.....yeah we kissed and Im all giddy. He's still texting, telling me how nice it was!

I'm having much better luck with POF than I was with OKC. There are still an abundance of weirdos, but I'm conversing with men who are attractive and seem normal, hopefully those convos convert into dates soon. I had one date tonight, it was better than expected, but still blah. He's way more in to me than I'm in to him...he's kinda boring, but I feel like I should give him one more shot. I have two dates Saturday, one from POF, and one from a fraternity event I went to. I'm excited about both!

I went on 2 dates with this guy a few weeks ago and he sent me a text last night to "hang out." I wasn't really into him anyway, and I find the whole late night "hang out" text-thing to be disrespectful so I told him that I didn't really appreciate the suggestive late-night texts and also let him know that we weren't a match. This guy proceeded to tell me that he was seriously trying to pursue me and he found the fact that I was still logging in to pof after our date very disrespectful and that he felt as though he was just an option to me. :look::look:

Ummm... of course you were just an option; I don't know you! I mean, I'm relatively new to online dating but is it seriously customary to stop checking messages after 1 or 2 dates? I feel like I dodged a bullet with this one, he sent me a dissertation length message trying to persuade me that he hadn't been disrespectful and that I was wrong... and then asked if we were "good" and could keep seeing each other... :nono:

I met a guy from okc a few days ago at a happy hour. It was possibly the worst date I've ever been on. He spent the entire night discussing how much money he makes, the awesome house he plans to build soon, how he was once a marathon runner, and his weird tinder and okc dates. I couldn't get a word in and was bored the entire time. To top things off, he was shorter than he listed, out of shape (old pics/head shots on his profile), burped constantly while eating, AND double dipped in the appetizer.

It started raining pretty hard so we cut the night short...an 2 hours was too long anyway...then he mentions his ROOMMATES. Wait. You make tons of money but you have 2 roommates?! I was done. I couldn't block him fast enough. :nono:

I don't like it when men say 'hey sexy' so early on. Kinda feels generic and just whack, like u say that to everyone. I rather a 'hey Britt' At least lets meet and vibe and chill first before a 'hey sexy'. Woke up fr a nap and see this. Ehhh I'd just expect a bit more fr a 43 yr old.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2893033357.jpg
    image-2893033357.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 122
I went on 2 dates with this guy a few weeks ago and he sent me a text last night to "hang out." I wasn't really into him anyway, and I find the whole late night "hang out" text-thing to be disrespectful so I told him that I didn't really appreciate the suggestive late-night texts and also let him know that we weren't a match. This guy proceeded to tell me that he was seriously trying to pursue me and he found the fact that I was still logging in to pof after our date very disrespectful and that he felt as though he was just an option to me. :look::look: Ummm... of course you were just an option; I don't know you! I mean, I'm relatively new to online dating but is it seriously customary to stop checking messages after 1 or 2 dates? I feel like I dodged a bullet with this one, he sent me a dissertation length message trying to persuade me that he hadn't been disrespectful and that I was wrong... and then asked if we were "good" and could keep seeing each other... :nono:

Omg !!! I'm sorry, lmao! Dude wanted to lock u down and expect u to stop dating for him and y'all where nowhere near committed. He sounds like he woulda been clingy and possessive. Ugh!

I met a guy from okc a few days ago at a happy hour. It was possibly the worst date I've ever been on. He spent the entire night discussing how much money he makes, the awesome house he plans to build soon, how he was once a marathon runner, and his weird tinder and okc dates. I couldn't get a word in and was bored the entire time. To top things off, he was shorter than he listed, out of shape (old pics/head shots on his profile), burped constantly while eating, AND double dipped in the appetizer.

It started raining pretty hard so we cut the night short...an 2 hours was too long anyway...then he mentions his ROOMMATES. Wait. You make tons of money but you have 2 roommates?! I was done. I couldn't block him fast enough. :nono:

if you are in chicago i swear to god i went out with this guy.

edit - oh wait, i kept reading. i stopped before i got to the part about short. this guy was tall.

Last night I went on date number 2 with B from Wednesday. Once again I had a great time, so great that we plan to meet up again later today. :grin: He kissed me and has been such a gentleman so far. I'm really excited to see him again today.

Omg !!! I'm sorry, lmao! Dude wanted to lock u down and expect u to stop dating for him and y'all where nowhere near committed. He sounds like he woulda been clingy and possessive. Ugh!

Yes girl, exactly my thoughts lol! I was absolutely weak when he told me I treated him like an option. I'm pretty independent and those traits (clinginess etc) are such turn-offs!

if you are in chicago i swear to god i went out with this guy. edit - oh wait, i kept reading. i stopped before i got to the part about short. this guy was tall.

He wasn't necessarily "short" just wasn't the 6'1 he listed himself to be. He was more like 5'10.
Girl, I wanted to pull out my eyelashes because I was so bored with this plus he was talking so loud that the people around us heard the entire conversation. That was a well deserved block :lol:

Lmfaaaaaooooo......roommates

Last night I went on date number 2 with B from Wednesday. Once again I had a great time, so great that we plan to meet up again later today. :grin: He kissed me and has been such a gentleman so far. I'm really excited to see him again today. Yes girl, exactly my thoughts lol! I was absolutely weak when he told me I treated him like an option. I'm pretty independent and those traits (clinginess etc) are such turn-offs!

Same here! Clingyness is a HUGE turn off for me in ppl. I'm glad u enjoyed your second date. It's such a nice feeling to be excited to see someone.

currently scheduling a date with a soccer player. im surprised it looks like this will go offline, i pegged this one for a message-stage fade. not sure what he's looking for, but i guess i'll go.

also: bye felipe

This MF gonna try to call me out cause he saw me on the site after us talking for ONE DAY.....really dude. And try to insinuate that I told a lie....by Felipe

I'm debating if I will continue with POF. I'm averaging two dates a week, but I'm not really in to any of these guys.

I'm debating if I will continue with POF. I'm averaging two dates a week, but I'm not really in to any of these guys.

Wow that's great! 2 a week isn't shabby.

But you got to encounter lots of frogs to find your prince. Increased odds with a larger pool. My two cents. :spinning:

are you going out with anyone who asks? increasing your dating pool doesnt mean wasting time on guys you know are not what youre looking for.

are you going out with anyone who asks? increasing your dating pool doesnt mean wasting time on guys you know are not what youre looking for.

Definitely not lol, I get way too many messages for that. I'm going out with guys who look good on paper: good jobs, appear well-rounded, some level of physical attraction, etc. But in person, I don't feel any chemistry, they are all pretty blah, or a little too gangsta...one guy only referred to women as chicks, females, or *****es...and he was a high school teacher, so I assumed he'd have some sense (we didn't make it past the first phone convo). I was dating a really amazing guy for the last 4 months; smart, funny, humble, veeeery attractive, and knew how to treat a woman, but he told me recently he doesn't want to be exclusive, so I think part of the problem is that I compare all these guys to him. I'm back out there as a distraction.

Back