***Online Dating Support Thread***

ivyness, i don't remember ever paying attention to the match %. i read the profile and looked through some of the questions they answered, the ones that i felt were really important. i also never used quickmatch or rated anyone.

honestly, my approach was very, very hands off. i simply waited for men to message me and if i liked their profile and found them attractive i would respond. if not they would be ignored.

i have a new profile now and actually paid attention to the questions; the previous time i used okcupid i only answered questions to weed out dealbreakers. now it helps to see 90+ matches. you'll get what you get out of the questions. if you dont put effort into answering them they arent going to work well.

ive had well over 100 messages since making a new profile earlier this week. unfortunately none of them are from men i want to date :lol: lots of good visitors, but no messages from good prospects.

yes, if you take away the tall handsomeness you are left with most of the rest of the indian men :rofl:

i was going through my email and saw one from my ex and he made his gmail icon his drivers license picture :look: the same one i had kittens over because he had longer hair then and it was just the cutest thing ever. you know damn well you never gave a second thought to that drivers license picture until i made it special.

i am surprised at how one guy makes me hate ALL indians though :rofl: its super weird! i did not know i was capable of this kind of bias. weird...

Bublin... no comment. :drunk:

I'm take it he was disappointing.
I was curious because if you've been online dating a while you can see faces that you want to message you but never do.....then all of a sudden they do and it's a massive disappoint. Ive never had a date with these guys but the messaging turns out to be awful.

The date was a success!

We worked out another date for Tuesday. No boundaries were broken, he paid for everything, opened up every door, was sweet to me and everyone who came in contact with us, and was funny to boot. He thought I looked better in person which is a plus too.

Not really too into him but I love his maturity and emotional intelligence.

How many dating profiles do you have? Right now I just have an okc. Should I have more? I mean that as I know that having more opens the dating pool further, but what is too many?

I have a date this Wednesday that I'm really excited about. I was very briefly on Tinder and we matched but I deleted the app very shortly after. So on Thursday he fave'd my profile on POF. I decided to go ahead and message him (something I hate doing lol!). Anyway we have been texting all weekend. He left town on Friday to go visit his family and came back tonight. We have a date set for Wednesday to this restaurant/bar that has board games, it gets great reviews on Yelp as a date spot, so it should be fun :) He seems really sweet and seems like he comes from a great family which is always nice.

Change of plans. I have a meetup group to attend Tuesday so we rescheduled for Friday. We were gonna go out on the town but we realized its Halloween. So he invited me to a Halloween party that he already rsvp'd for.

Should be fun!

How many dating profiles do you have? Right now I just have an okc. Should I have more? I mean that as I know that having more opens the dating pool further, but what is too many?

I have 3: match, okc, and pof. I have found that most of the same men visit my profile on pof and okc. The ones from match are usually seeking something more serious however tend to fall outside of my dating criteria (significantly older, have kids, etc)

Ladies this gem from okc yesterday...

WHY. ME. :wallbash::whyme:

ok im about to overshare, so let me apologise in advance

im currently scouting for my next sexual partner. the last guy i was with i had a huge thing for but he really didnt like me even though the sex was outstanding and because he was everything im sort of attracted to, now im sort of looking for something thats not him. i dont want that again, so whenever i think of who am i going to sleep with next, its always now a bunch of different things from what id usually want.

anyway, this guy messaged me he is jacked and attractive as hell (not in a way where i would suspect he is maybe gay :lol: i am suspicious of attractive men :lol:) and you can tell hes going through a bad breakup and is baggage mcsadpants right now

take advantage y/n?

I have 3: match, okc, and pof. I have found that most of the same men visit my profile on pof and okc. The ones from match are usually seeking something more serious however tend to fall outside of my dating criteria (significantly older, have kids, etc) Ladies this gem from okc yesterday... http://s929.photobucket.com/user/ch...a-4620-9abc-eb3c877ae9a1_zps4d4bdc9d.png.html WHY. ME. :wallbash::whyme:

:lachen:

This makes me feel a little bit better about the f*ckery flooding my inbox.

:lachen:

This makes me feel a little bit better about the f*ckery flooding my inbox.

I set up filters on my OKC inbox and it keeps 99% of the f*ckery away from my eyes.
I'm chatting with a guy who lives one state over. From looking at his answers to the match questions I think we are definitely going to clash on some things.

last night went out with this guy i went out with two years ago while on the rebound. hes a great dresser but i just really do not like european men. dont like the accents. idk they annoy me :lol: i basically only went out with him again because he found my new okcupid.. pretty sure id blocked him on my old one. he basically harassed me all week with okcupid messages and texts so im like omg :rolleyes:

he said i ignored him after we went out last time which i probably did :lol:

hes like im going to message you this weekend do not ignore me. im probably going to ignore him :lol:

Goodness, this guy seems really into me. He's been divorced 3 years but said this is his first time feeling a spark with anyone since his last wife.

He claims to love my innocence and strength and says it's an interesting duality. My innocence/zest for life is the very thing my husband tried to take away from me.

I guess I still got it.

Meanwhile dh found out about the date and I came home to this:

He messed up my wigs, my board game pieces, my computer, my clothes. He went innnn. Lol

I congratulated him for a job well done and kept it moving.

Attachments

• image-1369608701.jpg
    image-1369608701.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 172
oh my goodness! how much longer will you have to live with him?

Moving out next Friday. He already secured a spot last Friday.

I don't wanna turn this into the breakup thread though.

I'm just happy that I met someone who'll make me feel special as I go through this transition.

omggggg^^^^ i dont trust him----violent like that---i wish you could move earlier..he seems like the type that wont literally allow you to go on this date....

how did he find out?

I'm glad you posted that picture is evidence and i hope your letting someone know your alive and well each day..i dont trust dude

be safe hun

Hello Ms. Beautiful. My name is Maurice and in addition to your beauty, honesty, sincerity, and smile, you are very interesting and is someone I would love to know more about. Message me back with your name and some more details about yourself. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Yes there is still a real gentleman left in the world that knows the value of a good woman, that knows how to treat a woman, that is not a creep. Im just sad I feel like im the only one.
dude wtf are you talking about :rolleyes: :rofl:

*** it, its a bad message-a-palooza!

Hello how are u doing today I'm keith nice to meet u well I'm a single man 40 years old 6'3 in height and no kids. I have a great personality and sense of humor followed by a good heart I'm looking for a woman that is ready to start a foundation of friendship
Hi - I'm Amey :) Hopefully you won't have problems pronouncing that..

Do you enjoy travelling? If so, what are some of your favorite cities/countries?
heyyy DON'T JUDGE ME OFF MY PICTURES .. I M NOT LOOKING FOR NOTHING BUT A CONVERSATION , LET BUILD CHEMISTRY VIBE ONLINE SEE WERE IT GOES....

your a very beautiful attractive lady to be single ! why?
his pictures yall :nono: :rofl:

also, the moron who showed up at my apartment uninvited (!!!!!!) (that i actually met irl not okcupid, he knew where i lived bc he had dropped me off, i mentioned the dangers of irl meeting as a cute joke)

Thanks for mentioning me in ur profile, I feel real special now.
Sent from the OkCupid app 12:35am

well, you should.
Sent 2:04pm

Lol
Sent from the OkCupid app 2:07pm

for the record that freaked me the **** out and im kind of scared when im in my apartment alone now and idk why you thought that was a good idea but you should not do that.
Sent 2:08pm

I said I was sorry. I know it was stupid.
Sent from the OkCupid app 2:09pm

you didnt say you were sorry, but thanks.

Last edited:
This is from a grown *** man, English is his native language: "Ok... nice i see.you have very good.height for me.cause.im 6'9 havent ben with tall wowmen i usually atract short women"......

Back