***Online Dating Support Thread***

So I went on 2 online dates this weekend. The first was with the Finance guy. We ended up at a cute/hipster restaurant and had dinner and drinks and it was a really fun time. The conversation was easy, we laughed a lot and at the end of the night we went for a little walk around the city and he held my hand :)

Earlier today I went on another date with the engineering student. We met for coffee/herbal tea and then took a walk down by the water and farmers market. It was fun, we laughed a lot and it was very comfortable.

Despite these successes I'm really disappointed that a third date didn't happened. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was chatting with a cute law student. For a few days, he seemed really interested and we made plans to meet up on Saturday. Well I haven't heard from him in 5 days. I'm not sure if I should have reached out to him... but I'm a little old fashioned and typically let the guy come to me. I can't help but feel really disappointed, it's my first time being blown off like this. It's extra disappointing because of the 3 guy I was definitely most interested in him!

Do you ladies have any feedback? I deleted his number so that I won't be tempted to text him (my pride lol), what have any of you done in this situation? Just forget it? Do you typically reach out in the days before the date?

^^^
When a guy falls off like that I leave it alone. The thing with meeting guys online is that attention spans are short. You can chat non stop for a few days and it go absolutely nowhere. It's one thing to reach out after 1 day of not hearing from a guy. After 5 days it's most likely dead so it's best to just move on.

The other two guys sound really good though so good luck with those.

So I went on 2 online dates this weekend. The first was with the Finance guy. We ended up at a cute/hipster restaurant and had dinner and drinks and it was a really fun time. The conversation was easy, we laughed a lot and at the end of the night we went for a little walk around the city and he held my hand :) Earlier today I went on another date with the engineering student. We met for coffee/herbal tea and then took a walk down by the water and farmers market. It was fun, we laughed a lot and it was very comfortable. Despite these successes I'm really disappointed that a third date didn't happened. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was chatting with a cute law student. For a few days, he seemed really interested and we made plans to meet up on Saturday. Well I haven't heard from him in 5 days. I'm not sure if I should have reached out to him... but I'm a little old fashioned and typically let the guy come to me. I can't help but feel really disappointed, it's my first time being blown off like this. It's extra disappointing because of the 3 guy I was definitely most interested in him! Do you ladies have any feedback? I deleted his number so that I won't be tempted to text him (my pride lol), what have any of you done in this situation? Just forget it? Do you typically reach out in the days before the date?

You say he's a law student? Do you know what year? Chances are he is probably swamped with work. Like swamped in an unreal and crazy way so it makes total sense for him to disappear like that. With that said, I completely agree with you staying quiet and letting him lead. If anything, I just wouldn't take it personal bc chances are he is super busy. His actions are not right but they can be understandable if he is swamped. I would not be surprised if he reached out to you a week or more from now if not sooner. And maybe not. While this may continue to sting (kind of going through this myself right now), it does tell you what you need to know.

^^^
When a guy falls off like that I leave it alone. The thing with meeting guys online is that attention spans are short. You can chat non stop for a few days and it go absolutely nowhere. It's one thing to reach out after 1 day of not hearing from a guy. After 5 days it's most likely dead so it's best to just move on.

The other two guys sound really good though so good luck with those.

You say he's a law student? Do you know what year? Chances are he is probably swamped with work. Like swamped in an unreal and crazy way so it makes total sense for him to disappear like that. With that said, I completely agree with you staying quiet and letting him lead. If anything, I just wouldn't take it personal bc chances are he is super busy. His actions are not right but they can be understandable if he is swamped. I would not be surprised if he reached out to you a week or more from now if not sooner. And maybe not. While this may continue to sting (kind of going through this myself right now), it does tell you what you need to know.

Thanks ladies, I was talking to my roomie and she basically reiterated what the two of you are saying... i.e. that I'm taking it way too personally. LaBelleLL he's in his final year, so yeah maybe that's the reason, but I would have appreciated a text just to say that he's busy!

Anyway, I'm going to see the guy from Friday night again later tonight. The guy from yesterday was fun, but he's a little young for my tastes = friend zoned. :yep: The search continues...

So I went on 2 online dates this weekend. The first was with the Finance guy. We ended up at a cute/hipster restaurant and had dinner and drinks and it was a really fun time. The conversation was easy, we laughed a lot and at the end of the night we went for a little walk around the city and he held my hand :) Earlier today I went on another date with the engineering student. We met for coffee/herbal tea and then took a walk down by the water and farmers market. It was fun, we laughed a lot and it was very comfortable. Despite these successes I'm really disappointed that a third date didn't happened. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was chatting with a cute law student. For a few days, he seemed really interested and we made plans to meet up on Saturday. Well I haven't heard from him in 5 days. I'm not sure if I should have reached out to him... but I'm a little old fashioned and typically let the guy come to me. I can't help but feel really disappointed, it's my first time being blown off like this. It's extra disappointing because of the 3 guy I was definitely most interested in him! Do you ladies have any feedback? I deleted his number so that I won't be tempted to text him (my pride lol), what have any of you done in this situation? Just forget it? Do you typically reach out in the days before the date?

He could have loss interest or he could have been busy. I was getting a phone call every evening the first weekend my fiancé and I connected. Then it stopped for a few days and I wasn't going to reach out but there was a cool book I was reading and I wanted to share it with him. He then mentioned that he literally came back from visiting DC. He did admit he met a girl at a party but clearly that didn't hold his interest and I was 12 hours away. He also earlier that week called off a date bc he realized another women he was chatting with was cool to but we had more in common. I was shocked bc the first time we spoke he said he had a date and when I asked him the next day he said he canceled it after one convo with me bc we had more in common.

It doesn't hurt to send a how are you text or in my case I really wanted to share with him something and just said heck with it. Then I realized his disconnect for a few days was innocent.

Thanks ladies, I was talking to my roomie and she basically reiterated what the two of you are saying... i.e. that I'm taking it way too personally. LaBelleLL he's in his final year, so yeah maybe that's the reason, but I would have appreciated a text just to say that he's busy! Anyway, I'm going to see the guy from Friday night again later tonight. The guy from yesterday was fun, but he's a little young for my tastes = friend zoned. :yep: The search continues...

His last year? Well I will say I literally fell off the face of the earth in my last year. But yes if he is seriously interested, he should definitely say something. Totally agree there. Anyways have fun with the other guys!

Was it this past Saturday that you had planned to go out and you didn't hear from him? KiSseS03?

MzLady78, yes. We were emailing and then texting for about 3 days and he asked me out. I had a huge project due Friday and so I told him the weekend would be best. I'm not sure which of us suggested Saturday but that was supposed to be the day.

MzLady78, yes. We were emailing and then texting for about 3 days and he asked me out. I had a huge project due Friday and so I told him the weekend would be best. I'm not sure which of us suggested Saturday but that was supposed to be the day.

Oh, I'd be done with him then.

I understand being busy, blah, blah, blah but it takes seconds to send a "hey, can we reschedule" text.

The older I get, the less patience I have for people who aren't considerate of my time.

Last edited:
a fade before ever meeting is common. i have been asked out tons of times by guys who never follow through. the first few interactions i have with guys are completely meaningless, im not even considering any potential until after a third date.

im not saying this in a mean way, but my go to response to all these dating shenanigans is quickly becoming "you gotta stop loving these hos sis." i'll be damned if i get my panties in a knot over a guy ive never even met yet.

a fade before ever meeting is common. i have been asked out tons of times by guys who never follow through. the first few interactions i have with guys are completely meaningless, im not even considering any potential until after a third date.

im not saying this in a mean way, but my go to response to all these dating shenanigans is quickly becoming "you gotta stop loving these hos sis." i'll be damned if i get my panties in a knot over a guy ive never even met yet.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:at the bolded. You're right:)

On a happier note I have another date lined up for Friday; on to the next one :) lol

okcupid is popping again, time for a bunch of awful messages

:look: :lol:

lucky youll never find out its indian virgin :lol:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 166
I gave up online thinking I would have better luck meeting guys in real life. They are totally the same damn pool of men, there has been no difference. I've met guys out shopping, lounges, music events, even the post office. Still encountered the player, the married, the inconsistent, the no follow through, the crazy, and the obsessed/literal cuff u types. I may try online again if this next dude doesn't work out.

you know what im noticing, i get called "attractive" a lot. not more than beautiful or gorgeous, but more than i would think. attractive is not really a word people use when they are hitting on someone, right? im not sure if this is just because its online... do you guys get called "attractive"? (example: one message just said "you are so attractive" and i also had one before that said something like, "you are attractive, i want to date you" :lol:)

literally the first sentence on a white dudes profile:

"Well...seeing as how blackpeoplemeet.com didn't work out for me, here i am."

what

:rofl:

11613664260102412021.jpeg

13588729238143975407.jpeg

if you dont get your 50 year old creep *** off my profile

one of the children in that pic is his son :look:

"You are such an amazing queen, I wish i am a slave by your feet, serving and pleasing you. I beg you to accept my submission to you"

whooo the internet has some crazy people.

Crazy Tutu-Gate tried calling me again yesterday. Thank God for Mr. Number. It's a great blocking tool. About to meet someone I have had an internet crush on for a long time. Wish me luck.

"6'4"
215 lbs
Scruffy face
Deep voice
Weird accent"

my legs just spontaneously opened. that is the sexiest description ive ever read

this okcupid dude that i have never met wants to pregame and then go clubbing

ok pregame at your house?
who is driving? cause im not
go clubbing where? you are new in town and dont know where everything is
you tell me to bring friends but then i ask if you are bringing friends you say you can ask

wtf are you doing

this isnt how this works. thats not how any of this works!

Got my arse on OKC last night.

After a lengthy exchange with someone, we talked on the phone and are going out for brunch tomorrow.

He seems very transparent, thoughtful and interesting. Was married for 10 years to a Rwandan chick, no kids. He knows my situation.

We'll see how it goes.

What's the protocol on ok Cupid? My messages are from matches mostly in the 30s highest is about 60. Am I supposed to reply to everyone? Can I sort by age?

Back