***Online Dating Support Thread***

*SIGH* Was he serious????????

This is perfect! Of course he's serious, and thank him for putting it out there.

It's the ones that don't make their intentions known and then if you ever get closer to them, first date etc, they drop the bomb on you...they only wanted a FWB.

Girl, you're dodging a bullet that he's letting you know about.

Another wasted time... I'm so done with online dating. I've said it before but I'm so done. It seems as though every mom on there I'd looking for the same one thing.

Wow...after being single for over six years, with long-term "situations" in between, as of today I finally have a legit relationship...and I met the guy on OKC.

The best birthday present ever! An attractive, not crazy, smart man messaged me. Called me the next day and hopefully I'll see him this weekend. I'm very excited and I hope this goes well.

OhmyKimB Thanks! I still can't believe it happened. I totally wasn't expecting anything. Granted we've been dating for a few months, I'm just so used to most guys making up excuses for why they want to take things "slow" or trying to deflect the idea of a relationship that it surprised me that someone actually stepped up to the plate and decided to go for what he wanted.

So I was lurking OkCupid to see if any of the newer members were decent and, well, it's the same crap from years ago. This fool is in his 40s. No thanks. I'll continue to enjoy the single life until I get back to traveling!

Attachments

• hotmess1.jpg
    hotmess1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 162
  • hotmess2.jpg
    hotmess2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 148
^^^^what da...?

Anyway....I just had a nice and decent first telephone conversation. It's clear that neither of us are messing around, we want the same things. We've planned to meet on Thursday because we're busy until then.

The last time I went on a date was 5ish months ago!

So I was lurking OkCupid to see if any of the newer members were decent and, well, it's the same crap from years ago. This fool is in his 40s. No thanks. I'll continue to enjoy the single life until I get back to traveling!

:lachen::lol::spinning::nono:
I betcha he live with his mama, grandma, sister, brother, cousin, somebody; don't drive, etc. I was appalled at my age that dudes was so shocked I had my own place. Nicca please!!!!

I had no idea that the okc profiles you see are based on your location. I went to visit my cousin this weekend and the profiles that popped up were the ones close to the area in was in at the time. I happened to run across an old friend's HUSBAND on there last night. He viewed my profile. :nono:

I seem to be attracting a new type of loser...for me anyway.

The ones who are excited and enthusiatic about you whilst messaging, we exchange numbers, they promise to call.....then go ghost.

This is hopeless.

Last edited:
Dudes be lying...

One advertised himself as a lawyer but he also listed his IG name. I was able to figure out his real name and google him and he does security -- what a fail. When I was looking at his IG pics I kept thinking 'this ni99a right here can't be no lawyer :nono:. Another loser, I googled him and found out he is school safety and was caught soliciting sex from a prostitute :barf: :nono:

Dudes be lying... One advertised himself as a lawyer but he also listed his IG name. I was able to figure out his real name and google him and he does security -- what a fail. When I was looking at his IG pics I kept thinking 'this ni99a right here can't be no lawyer :nono:. Another loser, I googled him and found out he is school safety and was caught soliciting sex from a prostitute :barf: :nono:

:barf:

I'm so done with these fools... Years ago I met a real lawyer, pilot, doctor, and engineer. Lately it's bums, bums, bums! I guess the economy is catching up with these lames...:lol:

Dudes be lying...

One advertised himself as a lawyer but he also listed his IG name. I was able to figure out his real name and google him and he does security -- what a fail. When I was looking at his IG pics I kept thinking 'this ni99a right here can't be no lawyer :nono:. Another loser, I googled him and found out he is school safety and was caught soliciting sex from a prostitute :barf: :nono:

When I was doing online dating there was guy who said he was an engineer. Turns out he was a building engineer. And not even that, he was a janitor.

Why lie. It'll only get you so far.

Lol...when it's the guy begging you to take your profile down tho...:lachen:

I get that you want a monogamous relationship but right now to me that sound like a ball and chain. I cannot and will not, I'm having too much freaking fun!:grin:

I really like this guy....for the record...I mean we have a lot in common...but I just got my freedom papers...and am not looking to be locked down again. And I really enjoy just the banter and convos. I'm not sleeping with them...but I do just like the freedom to choose.

Ladies!!!

Good evening. I am thinking of heading online, again, it's been a few years. Any suggestions on sites that you like?

Thanks!!!

I met my husband online and most of my relationships were by men I met online, I'd been using the internet as a dating tool since I was 17 (I started college at that age, I'm now in my late 20's) and I can tell you from experience to be very wary of men who take a long time to meet. If a man really wants to he will, they will not wait for days to meet up. The men who played those games were in relationships and treated online dating as a way to gain more options discreetly OR they were single but not really interested but kept the convo going "just in case" (basically adding on to their options also).

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm from a different era. I'm a little older (43) than you so in my time you just met people organically. I work in media so I'm out alot but not meeting quality men hence the online option now. Hopefully, I can get some more insight from you ladies!

Thank you ScorpioRising my fellow Scorpio Queen! ;)

I did blackpeople meet in the past. 2 thumbs down

I met okcupid guy (first date) at his friends party, so not exactly a club.

He has a huuuge head and looks stunted even though he's the same height as me. I felt so awkward as we looked like an odd couple. His friends were really nice to me. He was asking me out for a 2nd date about 10mins after i met him. Why can't the guys i like do that.

He was a nice enough guy until he asked me what I tasted like.....wtf. When I asked him what he meant he said he wanted to kiss me, just a little bit...uggh...vomit.... Nasty big head man, get away from me.

I left after 2 long hours.

I'm now talking to a guy that has been on okcupid for just as long as me but he never messaged until recently. He's going to call me this evening.

Last edited:
When I was doing online dating there was guy who said he was an engineer. Turns out he was a building engineer. And not even that, he was a janitor.

Why lie. It'll only get you so far.

Yeahhh, I really don't understand it. Especially in this day and age with all the information available at your finger tips. Said 'lawyer' also has a public IG (fail).. which reveals his girlfriends' public IG (fail) which reveals that she's with child :nono:.

Back