***Online Dating Support Thread***

I was chatting with this really cute guy on POF back in May. I normally don't respond to messages from senders who are not close by and this guy lived in FL but was moving to my state for work. Communication fell off and I completely forgot about him...until I received a message from him on OKC last week...one of those "hey, I saw you on here and wanted to be sure to say hello" messages. After a bit of messaging back and forth we exchanged numbers and started texting.

This guy is like the really cool and funny guy friend that I've always wanted. It was so nice to share crazy childhood stories with him; I also love his good morning/night and how's your day going texts. He said his best friend from FL was in town visiting last week so he asked if I had any free time this week to hang out. He planned a date for us on Tuesday (my off day) to go to the zoo pending nice weather because neither of us had been in 20+ yrs :lol: I have no expectations with this one. I'm not holding my breath--not his fault but it has been my experience lately that the guys I've been chatting with don't follow through with the dates they plan. Something always "comes up" and I never give them a second chance. I'll report back with details on the zoo date if it happens. :rolleyes:

Sooo this happened today:

His face

I wanted to respond and GO OFF but I decided to block him and KIM instead. 89% match? Nah, son.

Sooo this happened today:

His face
http://s929.photobucket.com/user/ch...2-434d-875e-c109a89b29a6_zps0bda2781.png.html

http://s929.photobucket.com/user/ch...e-4c63-95ec-ac9cdf7c55e7_zps1992f76f.png.html

I wanted to respond and GO OFF but I decided to block him and KIM instead. 89% match? Nah, son.

I would have responded "ya mama" and then blocked him. :look:

I'm sorry, I know some ladies have had luck online and that's great, but I'm convinced that overall, most of these dudes are bottom of the barrel . :nono:

I would have responded "ya mama" and then blocked him. :look:

I'm sorry, I know some ladies have had luck online and that's great, but I'm convinced that overall, most of these dudes are bottom of the barrel . :nono:

I've met a few that come across as socially awkward.

Yep bottom of the barrell.
Ive been online dating for about 3 years and never met anyone decent.
Having said that Ive not met anyone decent in real life so they reflect each other.

I matched with a great guy on Tinder. Perfect for me, even.
I figured it was too good to be true...he's married.:rolleyes:

I'm also noticing that men just want to chat back and forth FOREVER before they ask for my number.
And when they finally get my number, they only wanna text.
This is so annoying.

Yep....I'm in the midst of endless messaging with this guy. I'm hanging on by a thread. My last message to him was asking if he had actually met anyone from online before....here's hoping he gets the hint or scares him off so he stops messaging altogther lol.

I matched with a great guy on Tinder. Perfect for me, even.
I figured it was too good to be true...he's married.:rolleyes:

I'm also noticing that men just want to chat back and forth FOREVER before they ask for my number.
And when they finally get my number, they only wanna text.
This is so annoying.

I've got one like that right now. He's about 2 days away from being cut off. He needs to either call or ask me out. We've been "chatting" and texting for over a week now and it's gotten old very quickly.

I never did long texts or chats past a week. After a certain point, I let them know I wasn't looking for an e-buddy and if that's what they wanted then I wasn't a good match for them.

One thing to keep in mind, is that many of these guys (at least the half-way decent ones) encounter women who basically want to communicate via text/email for long periods of them before meeting.

This is the 4th day but we didn't measage on Sunday.
Well.....a few hours ago he just asked what a man has to do get a beautiful woman like me in his life. I guess that's his way of asking to move things further!!
What should I say? Why can't he just ask for my number got daym it -lol.

This is the 4th day but we didn't measage on Sunday.
Well.....a few hours ago he just asked what a man has to do get a beautiful woman like me in his life. I guess that's his way of asking to move things further!!
What should I say? Why can't he just ask for my number got daym it -lol.

Tell, him he can start by taking the conversation offline.

Sigh....I could have worse problems but......guys just a few years older than me look about 15 years older. That's partly because I look very young for my age. Ive turned down quite a few men because of this. I just think I'd look like their daughter.
I think it's something I'll have to get over otherwise I'm going to be single for an extra long time.

Sigh....I could have worse problems but......guys just a few years older than me look about 15 years older. That's partly because I look very young for my age. Ive turned down quite a few men because of this. I just think I'd look like their daughter.
I think it's something I'll have to get over otherwise I'm going to be single for an extra long time.

do they have meetup.com in the UK?

Back