***Online Dating Support Thread***

Look at this garbage! What "straight" man puts a pic of his arse up? I feel like I'm going to be single forever, no hope. The cute ones are either to far up their own behinds to send a message while the ugly ones are all in my inbox. Peep the last line though, baby wipes 2.0

I am dying !!!!!!
Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo at his profile ! Lord have mercy !

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ok so I hate dating in this area. Why must the 40 plus (clear) dudes got pics like they're in their 20s? If its not the "look im in a band " pic its the "look at my stupid afro wig" pic or the "lookit my dumbass cannon ball off a cliff". Ugh. Not impresses. They just trying too hard.

The black ones say the same crap "laid back, just chillin, enjoying life to the fullest" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Look at this garbage! What "straight" man puts a pic of his arse up? I feel like I'm going to be single forever, no hope. The cute ones are either to far up their own behinds to send a message while the ugly ones are all in my inbox.

Peep the last line though, baby wipes 2.0

I. Just. Died. :lawd:

So if a man messages you and when you answer him (not a question, like his message said hello to which you say hello how are you?) and you don't get an answer do you EVER message him again? Like weeks later?

This whole online dating thing is driving me insane. I'm not looking for a man with children but only get messaged by clear men a decade or more older than me with children/grandchildren or black men with children who are so far below what I'm looking for that I laugh at the thought of replying to their messages.

It's also aggravating to see a potential match and then go to his profile only to read that he's interested in all races of women EXCEPT Black/African American. Grrrrr.

ok so lets talk about fakes. i got a message from a guy who kept viewing my profile over and over. i wasnt going to message him first because that almost never works out for me. especially good looking men.

please see exhibit A in the attachments. his default pic was the pic with the beard. he only had two photos, so i replied and asked him to send me more photos. he requested snapchat. suspicious, but i agreed. this idiot actually took a photo of his face knowing damn well he wasnt the good looking guy in the pictures. i reverse google imaged the profile pic and got the before/after comparison shot. apparently its some guy on reddit in a conversation about men who look better or worse with beards :rolleyes:

if you gone be fake why send me a photo of your real UGLY self? then he gone send me another message on okcupid saying "you didnt send one :grin:" i blocked that idiot :rofl: i dont want to talk to your ugly ***. you cant just use a placeholder pic and say its just to give an idea of what you look like :lol: nah youre not just both redheads, hes good looking and youre ugly :lol: what kinda low self esteem having *** **** is that? faking like youre somebody else and then expecting people to want to talk to your loser *** anyway... NO MA'AM.

got a message today from speciman b, see attachments. having just learned my lesson, i google imaged the pics, even though he has about 8 on there. nothing came up. so i would be likely to assume this is really him. do i dare live out the american dream.... :scratchch

:lol:

Attachments

• GcFXc.jpg
    GcFXc.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 161
  • sT6fxZy.jpg
    sT6fxZy.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
I met my current SO on ratchet a$$ POF but I grilled him bc them pics be lying. One guy had absolutely no teeth. So beware of men that don't smile or have their mouths clamped shut. Another guy I asked him what was going on with his hair in the pic and he got defensive so I let it go. Turns out he got a head injury during the war.
I didn't see any issues with SO pics. He looked even better in person.

no teeth :rofl: for the most part i havent been catfished as far as pics. i went out with one guy who turned out to be very pimply irl, and another guy who didnt smile in his pics and turned out to have some severe dental issues going on :nuts: but for the most part guys always look like their photos. ive had more guys be better looking irl than worse looking, i think guys choose bad pics on online dating. in my experience its usually the opposite of women choosing the most flattering pics and then disappointing irl.

Well I agree with you on that one. Those two were the exception. All the guys I went out with looked like their pics. One guy told me a story about his friend getting tricked by a girl in a wheelchair. They were in pretty deep. Talking everyday but had not met. Waking up talking, going to sleep talking. Finally he meets her and she's in a wheelchair. He ended it because she lied. He felt like he couldn't trust her. That's another lesson, I told every guy I talked to that our first date needed to occur in the first week.

So if a man messages you and when you answer him (not a question, like his message said hello to which you say hello how are you?) and you don't get an answer do you EVER message him again? Like weeks later?

This is the most irritating thing on the planet. A year not dating and how could I forget this nonsense?

Him: hello

And that's it. No conversation starters, ice breakers just this bull. Ugh.

I ignore. Every time I tried starting conversation with guys who start with that wack opening, its like pulling teeth to get more than 3word answers. Gtfoohwtbs

Last edited:
Why do the SAME guys visit your profile??? Ugh! Wasn't interested then either. This one fool keeps coming back. First time I politely replied to his message that I wasn't interested. Then he got smart in his reply. Then why keep coming back?? I can't block him unless I view his profile, which I don't want to do. Maybe I'll contact customer service :nono:

Why do the SAME guys visit your profile??? Ugh! Wasn't interested then either. This one fool keeps coming back. First time I politely replied to his message that I wasn't interested. Then he got smart in his reply. Then why keep coming back?? I can't block him unless I view his profile, which I don't want to do. Maybe I'll contact customer service :nono:

me thinks for the most masturbatory of purposes

I have tried all the sites ugh, not working for me.
Maybe take like 2-3 month break and see what happens. What I found was I saw all the same guys on all the same sites I was on. You take a break and get back on and there might be a whole new crew.

let me tell you something, "21 year old" who messaged me

8966988866066675639.webp
IBpgUCb.jpg

i can see the safe sex bulletin board put up by the guidance counselor right behind you in the high school bathroom :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe take like 2-3 month break and see what happens. What I found was I saw all the same guys on all the same sites I was on. You take a break and get back on and there might be a whole new crew.

This is always my way of thinking. Unfortunately this last time it didn't work. I didn't take a long enough break. :lol: the same people are still on these sites. After this free trial on match runs out, I'm out. I'll pick it up again when the seasons change. :yep:

i know i shouldnt laugh at him but:

Hi! How are you this evening? My name is Michael and I am messaging you because I want to know more. Your profile really stands out. You seem like a nice person and I like your smile. I enjoy cooking, fishing and learning new concepts and ideas. I would like to travel in the future. I actually find your profile intriguing. I would like to converse soon and I hope your enjoying your week. Your a really great catch!

online dating :rofl:

@bunnycolvin

Can you give a quick description of how he looks. I met a Michael online lol!

all of his pictures were taken the same day by the one other person in the room as he enthusiastically jumped on the bed and faked like he can play the guitar :lol:

but uhhhh i guess medium brown skin with a pockmarked face and a dent in his forehead.

i know i shouldnt laugh at him but:

online dating :rofl:

What's funny about that? Sounds like a perfectly nice first message to send, from the message he sounds like a nice guy except for the fact that he doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. :look:

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your other posts about him.

Last edited:
Went on 2 dates last week with a guy from OKCupid. I like him, but don't want to get too excited too quickly. Taking the edge off by chatting with a couple of guys from Tinder. Two of them are really cute so I hope I can meet them soon.

Hey all. I just jumped back in to online dating. I was wondering how long do you you chat, online or on the phone, before going out on a date?

Hey all. I just jumped back in to online dating. I was wondering how long do you you chat, online or on the phone, before going out on a date?
I haven't been online dating in 2 years but I like to contribute bc it was successful for me. I met my SO online and we've been together for the past two years.

Initially it would be a few weeks but I learned that the build up was too much. We would get to the first date and be like :look: and it would be over. So then I started putting out there we need to meet in the first week. That was better. I had more success this way. Some guys never made it to a first date bc they were nasty. Thinking bc you want to meet that soon that you want to give it up. But see I dodged a bullet with that

I agree on meeting with the first week. No mote than 2. Much longer and fantasy can overpower reality. Hence the letdown ^^^ is talking about when you meet face to face.

Back