***Online Dating Support Thread***

Great first date off tinder. Out of maybe 30 matches 10 messaged me within the 48 hours before I deleted my account. Most wanted to hook up a couple pretended they wanted to get to know me before messaging for a hook up. One made it very clear(after I sent a mass text that I dont do random hookups) that he was keen to meet. Btw this was the second time we'd been matched and he'd messaged me but last time I deleted my acc in like 6 hours.

So we met up for coffee and had to make my excuses after our second coffe and almost 2 hours. He's asked to catch up again. Not saying that this will even happen but I'm glad I didn't write him off based on tinder reputation. He seems decent and I felt the attraction more than a couple of times.

I am done with tinder though it is hard messaging one on one with an average of 5 men at a time. Back to rsvp.

Been exchanging messages with someone. He asked me what I like to do and I shared my list. He wrote back that he enjoys cuddling at home. :perplexed

I won't be writing back. :look:

so did everybody jump ship and get on tinder now? im getting the feeling that tinder is the hot new thing and all the old sites are hitting that obsolete stage. i dont like tinder, but i downloaded it again just to open my options, and im getting all the action there. i dont like that my favorite site feels outdated now, and tinder is what feels fresh and rapid.

so im talking to a couple guys there. i get matches on almost every profile i like, i would say 9 out of 10. but they message so much more infrequently. im talking to a guy covered in tattoos who just wants to hook up (not sure if interested), a cute asian (have gone out with like 1 asian dude irl), and a guy who looks white collar/businessmany in his photos.

eh its a start... just trying to get myself out of the house and back on that horse again.

I know I said I wouldn't do online dating again, but I rejoined Okcupid last week. I was talking to this really nice American guy, but I had things to do on Sat and couldn't talk online that day, so I gave him my number instead (something I wouldn't nomally do). To cut a long story short, I haven't heard from him since. Do you think me giving him my number put him off?

Last edited:
^^^Not at all. If you read through the thread, this has happened to a number of us. IMO, the guys that do this are involved/married and just goofing off online out of boredom/pass time/ego boost with no real intention of anything going further offline. It is very offputting. :ohwell:

Regarding Tinder, I always thought of it as a hookup site. Has anyone had success w/ Tinder without the intention of just hooking up?

^im going to find out. i'll report back. i have no intention of dating to hook up right now, so im ignoring the fact that im meeting these prospects from tinder. im pretty curious how its going to turn out.

Impromptu date 2 going for a walk along the river.

ETA. The date itself went really well. We walked for an hour then headed back to my place where we started off. He asked if he could come up and use my bathroom. :look:

We came upa and I showed him around and he was in there for a bit. Gave him a glass of water and showed him the door. #notaboutthatlife.

So I come back and it hits me, he pooped. He POOPED. IN MY APARTMENT. It wasn't anything major cos I didn't hear or smell anything....but in my apartment.

Now I feel bad for wanting to write a really nice guy because of that. But it is MY castle. I just can't. :cry:

Last edited:
So I come back and it hits me, he pooped. He POOPED. IN MY APARTMENT. It wasn't anything major cos I didn't hear or smell anything....but in my apartment. Now I feel bad for wanting to write a really nice guy because of that. But it is MY castle. I just can't. :cry:

I just screamed!!! :lol: How do you know he pooped?! Was he in there a while?

Don't think you're going to come in my place and take a dump. No sir.

I just screamed!!! :lol: How do you know he pooped?! Was he in there a while?

Don't think you're going to come in my place and take a dump. No sir.

I know. He was there about 5 min, It smelled not right and I heard him double flush. :-( I just cant.

Regarding Tinder, I always thought of it as a hookup site. Has anyone had success w/ Tinder without the intention of just hooking up?

ok so heres an update. ive already been asked to drinks by a teacher.

i was chatting with a different guy today and he was saying how this is his weekend and he wants to enjoy the weather. he asked if i had plans later. i sensed a hook up brewing so i lied and told him i had to do some other stuff. then i mentioned that i wondered if the beach would be packed today and he asked if he lent me a bike would i bike with him to the beach :perplexed

im pretty exhausted today and i WNGd my hair this morning so looking pretty is a concern. i honestly dont feel up for this today :lol: im tired :lol: but im wondering if i should force myself to go :perplexed

Go bunnycolvin!! He might be a true appreciator of the wng.
my wngs are too janky to impress anybody :lol: but im leaning toward going... im half gonna cancel and half expecting him to cancel so we'll see :ohwell:

e: i prob wont make it. my meeting is running over, i wanted to be headed home by now.

edit again: damnit :lol: i guess ima go then

image-2407158959.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm should I run if the guy your interested in is calculating when he wants to start having kids?? Also if he starts claiming you as his girlfriend early lol

so the asian guy is an hvac technician as far as i can tell. he was also in the marines. hes really cute but thats too blue collar for me. here go one of those five figure electricians lhcf would tell me not to pass up :lol: sorry but i dont think id be feeling it :lol:

so the asian guy is an hvac technician as far as i can tell. he was also in the marines. hes really cute but thats too blue collar for me. here go one of those five figure electricians lhcf would tell me not to pass up :lol: sorry but i dont think id be feeling it :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

^^^ asian and 5 figs dont go together anyway--i would def be concerned like what happened..he should def be in the 6 fig bracket....lolol

def throw him back in the sea.....

^^^ asian and 5 figs dont go together anyway--i would def be concerned like what happened..he should def be in the 6 fig bracket....lolol def throw him back in the sea.....

Lmaooooo ! U know I thought this too initially lol !

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My coworker keeps bugging me to join Tinder. She said her gf has already gone out on 4 dates and these are all well qualified blk men. I thought Tinder was more of a hook up type app? I told her I had deleted my FB acct a while ago and she said I should just make a dummy FB acct and to join. Idk... I'm pretty much meh at this point with the online option.

My coworker keeps bugging me to join Tinder. She said her gf has already gone out on 4 dates and these are all well qualified blk men. I thought Tinder was more of a hook up type app? I told her I had deleted my FB acct a while ago and she said I should just make a dummy FB acct and to join. Idk... I'm pretty much meh at this point with the online option. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm really curious about Tinder. I'm not interested in hook ups though.

My coworker keeps bugging me to join Tinder. She said her gf has already gone out on 4 dates and these are all well qualified blk men. I thought Tinder was more of a hook up type app? I told her I had deleted my FB acct a while ago and she said I should just make a dummy FB acct and to join. Idk... I'm pretty much meh at this point with the online option.

Joined Tinder about 2 weeks ago and I like it! Guys seem way more attractive there. And i like how it travels with me. I'm out of town this week for work and already went out on a date with someone I meet from Tinder. He wasn't the one (nice guy and was very interested but not for me). But it's a great way to meet people quickly without any BS and check out a new city on someone else's dime. :lachen::look:

Back