***Online Dating Support Thread***

I was testing out an online dating site and exchanged emails and IMs with someone in January. We've never met and text on average about 2 a week and spoke on the phone only about 3 times. He's new in town so I tell him where I like to go and sometimes he goes and we'd exchange feedback. I see him more like an acquaintance really. I am very casual and have no expectations.

The one thing I have noticed is that he doesn't plan to see me. It's usually last minute. The most he's done is asked me to lunch yesterday for today. Sent me a text this morning to remind me I guess. Because I don't really care about this 'process' nothing bothers me but it is something I've noticed. If I'm attracted to him (during lunch) I'm thinking it might be too late to change that pattern.

We shall see....

ETA- he wants to meet at noon. Giving me one hour to get ready and to drive to him. But wait, then has no idea where to go. I told him he better google something! Come on son....I better be ready to pay too LOL

Last edited:
Imma need these 20somethings to stop sending me messages, I have no interest in being a cougar at 36. Maybe when I'm like 50. :lol:

So yeah....I can see myself "enjoying" him lol
Different from what I'm used to but he's straight and I love that he didn't try to kiss me the first time meeting me. I'm a sssssslow mover.
He thought I was the cats meow and laughed at everything lol he found me to be unique, I have no idea why. We def. clicked even if as friends....cool!

MzLady78

How about the young ones approach me in a more respectful mature manner than my age group. Now I have two obsessed with me just because I was being nice. ... they r cuties but NAH

Thats not me its Diana Ross :) I'm kinda paranoid about putting a picture on there. :blush:

Don't be scared it's not that scary out there...

:lol: yes that's real he's in other pics posted with his kitty...

Attachments

• image-3476098258.jpg
    image-3476098258.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 151
Well.... After thinking abt it for a while - I joined match tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hey :) I joined meetup.com and I think I'll take my manhunt offline. It's been fun, but it's so nerve racking for parties involved. The pressure! :lol: A schoolmate is VERY involved in meetups so i'll tag along with her and scout me some menz. This Wednesday there's a trivia night at a local bar/grill, In a uppity neighborhood. I'm excited BC this ain't a first date, yet there's people around willing to mingle! Win win!

Best wishes on your search everyone!

Sooo, a few dudes have winked whatever on Match.. and I'm wondering --- wth type of dudes are these. They just look whack and :nono: ... Ughhh. I know it takes time but in the past even browsing through men on various sites, rarely would I come across one that looks ok.

Ohhh, what's the protocol again? In the past I've just ignored messages or simply replied "thanks" to them. If someone messages me and says "let's chat" and I know I'm not interested, do I ignore it and delete?

Are ya'll coming across some decent prospects? I got a 6 month membership with a discount for match. Before joining I was browsing the website here and there for a few weeks and I came across a few men that kinda caught my eye.

Sooo, a few dudes have winked whatever on Match.. and I'm wondering --- wth type of dudes are these. They just look whack and :nono: ... Ughhh. I know it takes time but in the past even browsing through men on various sites, rarely would I come across one that looks ok.

Ohhh, what's the protocol again? In the past I've just ignored messages or simply replied "thanks" to them. If someone messages me and says "let's chat" and I know I'm not interested, do I ignore it and delete?

Are ya'll coming across some decent prospects? I got a 6 month membership with a discount for match. Before joining I was browsing the website here and there for a few weeks and I came across a few men that kinda caught my eye.

Britt Like you, I browsed match for like a month to see what was there before joining. When I joined, those who had caught my eye previously now had hidden profiles :ohwell: I have seen a few in my area who are ok but none to really catch my attention. When I get messaged by someone I'm not interested in, I simply ignore. If they message me a second time, I block. :look:

I tend to get a lot of attention from older men (15+ years older!), men who live states away, and those who fall outside of the height range I'm looking in. :nono:

I only signed up for 3 months. I'm thinking match is a waste of time.

@Britt Like you, I browsed match for like a month to see what was there before joining. When I joined, those who had caught my eye previously now had hidden profiles :ohwell: I have seen a few in my area who are ok but none to really catch my attention. When I get messaged by someone I'm not interested in, I simply ignore. If they message me a second time, I block. :look:

I tend to get a lot of attention from older men (15+ years older!), men who live states away, and those who fall outside of the height range I'm looking in. :nono:

I only signed up for 3 months. I'm thinking match is a waste of time.

Yessssss... I been checking it and keep thinking what type of ish is this?!?!? :spinning:. The men look like jokes. Like seriously :spinning:? Ahhh, well the money is spent already. I almost feel like going invisible again (I have in the past) and just leaving it alone. The men seriously look whack... there are a few that look relatively decent. In the past when I'd do the online looking, I'd hide my profile and then search other profiles and reach out to who I wanted instead of dealing with a bunch of messages from people I'm not interested in. I think I'm going to do that again.

I activated my OkCupid account again. I have been getting messages. I also have been getting likes. It would be nice if they would message me. Should I go ahead and message them?

... In the past when I'd do the online looking, I'd hide my profile and then search other profiles and reach out to who I wanted instead of dealing with a bunch of messages from people I'm not interested in. I think I'm going to do that again.

This is the approach I prefer.
It's been very successful.:yep:

Wow.

I went out with one guy twice and he tried to get me to go home with him or him with me. Dude you don't even know me! He got mad. I deleted his number.

Also, I don't under the "send me a pic" stuff. I have pictures in my profile. A face picture and a standing picture. Just who are these women sending naked pictures to men?

Now these are the same kind of men that will end up pregnant with someone because they are too fast and loose with their genitals and will holler "she trapped me." Yeah, right.

I'm chatting up a older guy. He and I arranged to meet up at a local martini bar, I hate to sound rude but really? To be that old suggesting a frat chic joint is ugh (I cancelled) So this go round he suggests a bar/pub that's even frattier than the first! I'm 28 and want nothing to do with it. The dude thinks I'm a cheap date... And anyone over 40 should know better... I'm not being petty? Lol. I'm doing the fade....

http://www.yelp.com/biz/brothers-bar-and-grill-newport

The bar he wants to meet tonight....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm chatting up a older guy. He and I arranged to meet up at a local martini bar, I hate to sound rude but really? To be that old suggesting a frat chic joint is ugh (I cancelled) So this go round he suggests a bar/pub that's even frattier than the first! I'm 28 and want nothing to do with it. The dude thinks I'm a cheap date... And anyone over 40 should know better... I'm not being petty? Lol. I'm doing the fade....

http://www.yelp.com/biz/brothers-bar-and-grill-newport

The bar he wants to meet tonight....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Is this the first time you're meeting him? I don't see a problem with a bar and grill.

Last edited:
Is this the first time you're meeting him? I don't see a problem with a a bar and grill.
i get what she means its the nature of the bar. there is an area in my city that is known for douchebag frat types and i do not hang out there. i would meet a guy there maybe but i definitely wouldnt suggest going to that neighborhood myself.

since op is in her twenties and the guy is in his forties maybe he thinks hes being young and hip :lol: the appeal of dating older men is to go to better places though not the same crap youd accept with a guy your own age :lol:

Back