***Online Dating Support Thread***

You think so? Maybe I'm taking what he said out of context. Then again after what I just dealt with, or should I say, allowed myself to deal with, I just don't trust myself to pick quality people anymore. :nono: shame.

it might have rubbed me the wrong way too and i might write him off... depending on how cute he is :look:

it might have rubbed me the wrong way too and i might write him off... depending on how cute he is :look:

We're supposed to meet up for drinks today, I'm not drinking though...I need a clear head to ...observe :look:

He's sarcastic from what I could tell by our convo last night. We shall see.

I need this thread in my life... you all were speaking of arrogance. A little background, I viewed his profile but didn't message.

Him: Always speak?
Me: No
Him: You should speak to me
Me: I don't take orders from men who don't bother to even ask my name. Even dogs don't do that. But other than that why?
Him: I'm a boss
Me: I don't work for you :look:

Needless to say, that did not go anywhere :lachen:

I need this thread in my life... you all were speaking of arrogance. A little background, I viewed his profile but didn't message.

Him: Always speak?
Me: No
Him: You should speak to me
Me: I don't take orders from men who don't bother to even ask my name. Even dogs don't do that. But other than that why?
Him: I'm a boss
Me: I don't work for you :look:

Needless to say, that did not go anywhere :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: no he didnt

I totally messed up my trial run with one guy lol but I don't care lol he's already in the friend zone.
I don't think I'm ready or interested at the moment lol

So, I have been actively online dating for on POF the last six months. I know its reputation, but I never really dated before and wanted to get my feet wet with the process before I go investing a whole lot of time and money. Also, I'm not actively looking for a relationship, if one happens fine, if not that's cool too but I am enjoying the process for the most part. But now I feel the need to make a few observations that hopefully you all can give me some perspective on. My biggest one, I don't understand why men who are blatantly disrespectful continue to try to talk to me.

Case #1

We were messaging I an told him that I did not think I was the right one for him. He was persistent, I figured why not, and gave him my number. Five minutes into the phone conversation he decided he did not like what I said and hung up on me. I figure OK, cool onto the next. Get messages saying he's sorry, I told him he couldn't handle me in a five minute phone conversation so there is no need to continue this conversation. Over the next two months, he keeps trying and I say the same thing, politely and respectfully (meaning I did not say knee grow puh- leeeze). He messaged last night, I showed how cold blooded I can be, and now I am the one who is wrong. :rolleyes:

Case #2

Dude flat out stood me up because his kid got sick. That's fine, I really do understand and will NEVER be the one to stop a man from being a father to his child, especially a black man. But he did not call until days later (not even a text saying "*****, I ain't coming") and when he did he expected me to come out of pocket for our next date. Every time, he messages me its with the same expectation and he gets no love here. Dude is cute and all, but not that cute :ohwell:.

These are just two examples of the educated ones, with white collar jobs, who look good on paper, with a lot of crap (they cant pay for :look:) and I should be attracted to. But the ones who approach me, act like they are God's gift to black women and I should fall at there feet because they have expressed an interest. When I tell them I am not interested nor impressed by their crap nor am I looking for them to change my situation and want to know about the man inside, I'm not liking what I see. Just because I'm 38, single, no kids, and live with my parents does not mean I'm desperate to have a man, far from it. I'm cool where I am. And, it certainly does not mean I have to deal someone who immediately thinks so little of me and assumes I'm cool with bad behavior.

All of that to say, it boggles my mind that there are women out there who sell themselves so short that men think its alright to treat them this way. I know they tried it with me because it worked on somebody else, they just came across the wrong one. I should not have to demand respect off the bat when all it really means for a man to be polite and be courteous of my time, when I do the same. On the flip side, the blue collar gents (think union railroad and commercial drivers) have been nothing but straight up, kind and treat me like a lady in every way :grin:. They don't beat around the bush, want to meet and greet, take me on actual dates and pay.

I need you all to please tell me its the site I'm using and all educated black men who are on other site do not behave this way.

So, I have been actively online dating for on POF the last six months. I know its reputation, but I never really dated before and wanted to get my feet wet with the process before I go investing a whole lot of time and money...

I need you all to please tell me its the site I'm using and all educated black men who are on other site do not behave this way.

Well Daydream2876:ohwell:

About 90some percent in my mind and experience are this way. Race aside. It seems to be an American male thing.

Don't waste cash on the sites. Match was a waste of money. They just if not more trife as if paying gives them a real reason to be douches :nono:

Well Daydream2876:ohwell:

About 90some percent in my mind and experience are this way. Race aside. It seems to be an American male thing.

Don't waste cash on the sites. Match was a waste of money. They just if not more trife as if paying gives them a real reason to be douches :nono:

Awww man! I was kind of hoping it was racial. Welp, I guess for now I will stick with my blue collar gents. They seem to more about having fun and enjoying our time than flossin' their crap.

Awww man! I was kind of hoping it was racial. Welp, I guess for now I will stick with my blue collar gents. They seem to more about having fun and enjoying our time than flossin' their crap.

I agree with darkjoy.

POF is a POS dating site anyway. :nono: I had good luck on okcupid. Went out with a few nice guys and met my SO on there. :yep:

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

I was surprised at how blue collar men were perceived here. Blue collar men in my town start out in most industries at $60,000 a year entry level. And I'm in the south where cost of living is low :lol: I meet several with 25-30 years in their career well into 6 figures. I met one at work yesterday. His wife told me she works when she wants to because she doesn't have to :love:

^^^ Well I'm glad to know it's not just me and I knew that about POF. I have met a couple of nice ones on there but maybe I will start paying more attention to my OKC profile and see what happens there.

I was surprised at how blue collar men were perceived here. Blue collar men in my town start out in most industries at $60,000 a year entry level. And I'm in the south where cost of living is low :lol: I meet several with 25-30 years in their career well into 6 figures. I met one at work yesterday. His wife told me she works when she wants to because she doesn't have to :love:

I take work comp claims so I know how much they make :grin: and they seem to be a little smarter about their money (i.e. paying for big ticket items in cash, living within their means, have union benefits with pensions) I also like that they go to work, do their jobs for a solid 8 and can enjoy the rest of their time off how they see fit. They are not working slave hours at somebody's job, unless they are getting time and half or double time to do so.

i think it probably depends on where you live. in my city the only market for blue collar jobs are in production factories (soda, foodstuffs, etc) or possibly railroads.

Yesyesyes. I think lhcf folks mix up career blue collar men with minimum wage day workers. Plumbers and HVAC dudes make six figs. I've even met professional landscapers and gardeners who also make six figs.

Part of it is they don't floss. They can be making 150k but not driving a Benz but rather a modest Toyota truck.

Blue collar men do seem to be more gentlemanly, are not looking for a knickoff Beyonce and just wanna have a good time. Too bad not many approach me.

^^^I think most get intimidated by educated women and I can't blame them for that. People, wrongly, mistake formal education for intelligence its not always the same thing. And at my age, I realize I had very easy path and access to education many people didn't get. Now, yes, he does have to know how to write and speak in complete sentences so we can communicate. The ones who approach me are bold anyway and have a thing for smart girls. There's something sexy about good old fashioned home training and a man who treats a woman like a lady.

I agree Match.com was a waste of money. I'm slow and only recently learned that you can purchase a 1 weeks subscription if you have an iPhone. So whilst I paid big bucks for 6 months, you have broke dudes paying £4.99 for a week - seeing who they can scoop up during that time.
POF is full of losers.
OKcupid is where I met my current one but only my 2nd date is coming up tomorrow with him so we shall see.

I am on the fence with Online dating again, I think I need to reevaluate what I want because I feel like I am being too superficial...

I also don't know anyone IRL who has had success...and I'm getting the impression that in my area and age group 90% of the guys on online dating sites are either not serious or there is something wrong with them...the other 10% are hard to find.

Last edited:
So I joined Match.com--- I hope it wasn't an $90 reminder that I'll be single forever. If you ladies so ever decide to pay for Match.com, let me know. I've got access to 74% off + I get $25 gift card for referrals!

I am on the fence with Online dating again, I think I need to reevaluate what I want because I feel like I am being too superficial...

I also don't know anyone IRL who has had success...and I'm getting the impression that in my area and age group 90% of the guys on online dating sites are either not serious or there is something wrong with them...the other 10% are hard to find.

I don't think you should reevaluate what you want, you should never sacrifice that. Everybody deserves what the want not just what they can have. Reevaluate your selection process. Seriously, just start asking questions to figure out how he thinks right off the bat (Why are you single? What did you do to cause the breakdown of your last relationship? Why did you choose to message me?), Then, pay the attention to how he how/what he communicates to you... It will tell you A LOT

So, I have been actively online dating for on POF the last six months. I know its reputation, but I never really dated before and wanted to get my feet wet with the process before I go investing a whole lot of time and money. Also, I'm not actively looking for a relationship, if one happens fine, if not that's cool too but I am enjoying the process for the most part. But now I feel the need to make a few observations that hopefully you all can give me some perspective on. My biggest one, I don't understand why men who are blatantly disrespectful continue to try to talk to me.

Case #1

We were messaging I an told him that I did not think I was the right one for him. He was persistent, I figured why not, and gave him my number. Five minutes into the phone conversation he decided he did not like what I said and hung up on me. I figure OK, cool onto the next. Get messages saying he's sorry, I told him he couldn't handle me in a five minute phone conversation so there is no need to continue this conversation. Over the next two months, he keeps trying and I say the same thing, politely and respectfully (meaning I did not say knee grow puh- leeeze). He messaged last night, I showed how cold blooded I can be, and now I am the one who is wrong. :rolleyes:

Case #2

Dude flat out stood me up because his kid got sick. That's fine, I really do understand and will NEVER be the one to stop a man from being a father to his child, especially a black man. But he did not call until days later (not even a text saying "*****, I ain't coming") and when he did he expected me to come out of pocket for our next date. Every time, he messages me its with the same expectation and he gets no love here. Dude is cute and all, but not that cute :ohwell:.

These are just two examples of the educated ones, with white collar jobs, who look good on paper, with a lot of crap (they cant pay for :look:) and I should be attracted to. But the ones who approach me, act like they are God's gift to black women and I should fall at there feet because they have expressed an interest. When I tell them I am not interested nor impressed by their crap nor am I looking for them to change my situation and want to know about the man inside, I'm not liking what I see. Just because I'm 38, single, no kids, and live with my parents does not mean I'm desperate to have a man, far from it. I'm cool where I am. And, it certainly does not mean I have to deal someone who immediately thinks so little of me and assumes I'm cool with bad behavior.

All of that to say, it boggles my mind that there are women out there who sell themselves so short that men think its alright to treat them this way. I know they tried it with me because it worked on somebody else, they just came across the wrong one. I should not have to demand respect off the bat when all it really means for a man to be polite and be courteous of my time, when I do the same. On the flip side, the blue collar gents (think union railroad and commercial drivers) have been nothing but straight up, kind and treat me like a lady in every way :grin:. They don't beat around the bush, want to meet and greet, take me on actual dates and pay.

Yep OP. these are the frogs before the prince appears. Just know what you want and be a B to those ones you don't want. I wish I had a dollar for each of the guys ultimately hinting at some type of phone sex or asking about my body. The white collar ones are the worse to act entitled. My opinion Date your Dang Self I don't have time for clowns.

Back