***Online Dating Support Thread***

im sure he doesnt really walk around that tan :lol: for some reasons bodybuilders do that for their shows. i think its supposed to show off their muscles or something. but yeah, hes not "big" for all those muscles.

im leaning toward taking a pass. unless i get bored and decide to message back and see if he'll take me to dinner somewhere nice.

DanitheBee the internet has made things way too easy for some guys. One guy asked if I had my own spot, I ignored it and kept the convo going, now we're talking about meeting and he asked where do I stay. Um, my location is on my profile....i just said im not far from where he lives. In my head I'm thinking lets meet at the coffee shop. I have no clue what he's thinking but I'll prob have to make the suggestion anyway.

this is what happens when you dont have much info on your profile:

hey, whats up? you want to hang out today possibly? I'm working from home but it's dragging and I'm in the mood to do something or hang with someone. let me know. I live around -------park.. hit me up if you're interested :)
it makes guys skip straight to asking to hang out. that could probably be a good thing or a bad thing but im gonna say it's a bad thing. like is this regular hanging out or hook up hanging out :lol: phrasing is vague!

i should probably write more stuff on my profile.

ewwww. a white dude tried to pull the whole "come over and watch a movie" thing? is he one of those justin beiber type white people? :look:

DanitheBee

Girl tell me about it. At least you had a date. I have yet to find someone I was attracted to or in my age range ask me for a date. These men text you without picking up the phone until you or they get tired of you. I DON'T UNDERSTAND....

Am I allowing this ..how do I curb this texting crap?? It is annoying. .

sweetvi I just saw the texting thread and thought about this. I haven't given out my number yet so I'm thinking of waiting until I meet someone in person first before I give my number out. We can meet somewhere for 30mins max with little expectations. If we like each other, we can let each other know via message when we get home or exchange numbers in person. Still not sure if I want to message my number yet.

Girl tell me about it. At least you had a date. I have yet to find someone I was attracted to or in my age range ask me for a date. These men text you without picking up the phone until you or they get tired of you. I DON'T UNDERSTAND....

Am I allowing this ..how do I curb this texting crap?? It is annoying. .

I said all that to say....Once that door has been opened it's hard to close again. I have no suggestions because I've gone through it myself in real life so I came up with that plan to help things. I'll also let the person I only get texts from my top 5. Side note: I have a text blocker so as soon as I give out my number I'll probably put his number in my text blocking app. :look:

I said all that to say....Once that door has been opened it's hard to close again. I have no suggestions because I've gone through it myself in real life so I came up with that plan to help things. I'll also let the person I only get texts from my top 5. Side note: I have a text blocker so as soon as I give out my number I'll probably put his number in my text blocking app. :look:

janiebaby

well I have kik and whatsapp messenger... so I prefer using that instead of using my phone number. plus, don't you think it will be easier to talk first instead of wasting your time meeting....

@janiebaby

well I have kik and whatsapp messenger... so I prefer using that instead of using my phone number. plus, don't you think it will be easier to talk first instead of wasting your time meeting....

Nope, lol. I think I mentioned upthread that I've had 2 unfortunate blind date experiences so the less talking the better.

I don't want to start liking someone or someone to start liking me only to find out we don't like each other in person. Nope the quicker we meet, the less expectation, the easier it is to go our separate ways. :yep:

What's the name of the text blocking app?
janiebaby

TwoSnapsUp blacklist allows me to block both calls and texts. I've used multiple apps in the past and sprint when I had them used to allow you to go online and block calls/texts

I had a friend who dated an Indian man for years. He got her pregnant around the third year. With the news he disappeared Not wanting to get tied to a Negress and half Negress baby, he had his parents arrange a marriage. Called her to tell her he was married in india and have a nice life. He never met his child who is 20 now. Hell to the no. ____________ *.~.*Sent from a distant Galaxy in the Unicorn-verse*.~.*

I know someone with a similar story. When he found out my friend (Mexican) was pregnant he divorced her, took 80% of her money, and used it to pay for his wedding for an arranged marriage made by his parents. The parents know of his child and want nothing to do with her because she's "too dark," mind you he's a dark Indian. Everyone in the family marries fair skinned Indians of white women.

ETA: For my 21st birthday, I went to this bar. Was dancing and my tube top slipped and so I put my drink down pulled up my tube top and raised my head to see an Indian guy putting a roofie(??) in my drink.

Last edited:
It's weird how easily I get along with gemini guys. There's never any pretense between us on either end. Which is the problem lol.

He's tall (6'5" :lick:), black and handsome, but unfortunately he's looking for a submissive bi-sexual woman interested in threesomes. :blush:

As much as people don't like online dating, I'm grateful when someone is this honest in their profile. Saves everyone a lot of headache down the road.

Is anyone using Zoosk? Has anyone ever tired it?

Xavier,

I've heard of it, but can't use it in the country I'm at.
I use Badoo which I believe is similar.
I met the guy I just recently agreed to be exclusive with on Badoo.

I actually met some cool n decent guys on there. Some that I still chat with occasional as friendly acquaintances and e-buddies.

As with all things you'll have to weed out a lot of guys for various reasons.

My general mindset with online is that it almost basically the same as real life. Unless you know someone through mutal friends, acquaintances, family, most guys you meet will be strangers. You have to know what your standards are and what behavior and attitudes are acceptable to you.

If they don't meet them, REJECT.

wtf. this guy i just had all this trouble with (roommate problems :look:) that i run into every weekend, his profile is on my okcupid homepage :rofl: why would he even have an okcupid profile :rofl: I HATE EVERYTHING *throws chair*

his photos are really, really terrible. he probably gets no action from that profile :rofl:

:drunk: so weird

Why do I attract these arrogant men?

Hi xxx,

Isn't (the city I live in) a little rough and tumble for a sweet pretty lil gal like yourself? Your my first match.com email! How are you?

Ummm...are you trying to say I live in the ghetto? What a great convo opener. :rolleyes:

No response. Kick rocks boo.

Why do I attract these arrogant men? Hi xxx, Isn't (the city I live in) a little rough and tumble for a sweet pretty lil gal like yourself? Your my first match.com email! How are you? Ummm...are you trying to say I live in the ghetto? What a great convo opener. :rolleyes: No response. Kick rocks boo.
I didn't see anything too bad in it. He was being playful.

I didn't see anything too bad in it. He was being playful.

You think so?

Maybe I'm taking what he said out of context.

Then again after what I just dealt with, or should I say, allowed myself to deal with, I just don't trust myself to pick quality people anymore. :nono: shame.

Back