***Online Dating Support Thread***

Met a guy online. I have no interest in him, but he is nice. My problem is he is so clingy. Apologizing for possibly offending me when I logged of abruptly. DUDE!!!!! I told you I had errands to run! Why are you apologizing?

Now I rarely go online and he feels the need to tell me he regrets not taking advantage of getting to know me better. Why can't the dudes I like sweat me like this. Ugh!

"I think this online dating thing is not for me, because i don't like competition, :) and sisters as beautiful as you will only heat up the competition. Throwing me all the way to the back of the line."

Ninja, get your life!

So I was chatting with this white dude. Having a decent conversation. Then he says, randomly: So you like white dudes, right?

I reply I have only dated one, but if I have chemistry then thats cool.

So this fool says, "well, I have never dated a black woman, but I have tasted a few. Yummy."

Um. Whut.

So I was chatting with this white dude. Having a decent conversation. Then he says, randomly: So you like white dudes, right?

So this fool says, "well, I have never dated a black woman, but I have tasted a few. Yummy."

Um. Whut.

I automatically right them off when they refer to my color.

Don't want to jump the gun, just wanted to give someone else out there hope that is frustrated with online dating..

I've been on 5 dates so far with a guy from match.com. 6'2, muscular, super attractive, 33, no kids/never been married, government job, own his own home, sense of humor/good personality,.. mad chemistry.. kinda feeling like I hit the jackpot right now..

Went back to check his page and he told me that his 7 day trial ran out a few days after we exchanged numbers and he didn't feel the need to renew. Just keep in mind that new fresh people are coming in constantly due to the trial.. so, stay optimistic! There are quality men on these dating sites.

@bellashair I don't see any info abut the 7 day trial

ETA: found it. Finally able to read my pending email w/o paying. One guy (44yo) writes : "I'm a huge fan of yours now"

This will be interesting.

Last edited:
Ive exchanged a few messages with a guy and he has said he'd like to take me out for coffee.
Im cool with that....but I just don't want anymore phone conversations. Im done with all this 'getting to know you/wasting my time' time on the phone.
I wish I was brave enough just to meet.

Ive exchanged a few messages with a guy and he has said he'd like to take me out for coffee.
Im cool with that....but I just don't want anymore phone conversations. Im done with all this 'getting to know you/wasting my time' time on the phone.
I wish I was brave enough just to meet.

I've never met someone in person without a phone convo.. mighty brave of you. :-)

So finally took the leap and joined POF and OKC to test the waters.
I tried responding to everyone, even the guys I'm not usually interested in... Nah, didn't work for me. I have to like something on their face. Shallow? Maybe, but :look:

Am in the middle of arranging 3 coffee dates with guys from okc, but no solid meet ups from pof. Bublin, why won't you meet?

So finally took the leap and joined POF and OKC to test the waters.
I tried responding to everyone, even the guys I'm not usually interested in... Nah, didn't work for me. I have to like something on their face. Shallow? Maybe, but :look:

Am in the middle of arranging 3 coffee dates with guys from okc, but no solid meet ups from pof. Bublin, why won't you meet?
Hiya. I probably will. Its just that i've been doing this dating thing for 3 years now and tired of the first phone calls and the build up, only for it to be a waste of time.

I'm tired of it already and it's only been a few weeks.
I don't get the men who message, ask for your number, then not call. WTRC? kmt.

^get a google voice #. dont give random men your #. some sites let you use # to look up addresses..

Google is good. The problem I ran into was that I couldn't block calls. Might have been my error. Just something to check into. With Verizon i can block calls, so I now give out my cell. There are also apps for temporary numbers as well.

Online dating is a hit or miss scenario---just like RL. I was on match(got NOTHING worth my time) and was on PoF for a while(waste of time too) and I am on OKCupid now..I have had like 7 dates in about 4 days(but I have been hella aggressive about it). I try to get the initial meet up out of the way within 3-4 days of contact---why spend alot of time on the phone and texting a guy I am not sure I will like.

Google is good. The problem I ran into was that I couldn't block calls. Might have been my error. Just something to check into. With Verizon i can block calls, so I now give out my cell. There are also apps for temporary numbers as well.

The whole point of googlke voice is so you can block calls :lol:

Maybe you overlooked something in your account :yep:

Um. Whut.

He hasnt dated any but he has tasted them. what does that tell you? sounds to me that he's letting you know he patronizes prostitutes. :perplexed

I mean why would he share this??

Ended my self imposed dating break and signed back up on POF. Have a good convo going now with one guy. Let's see how long it last before he asks for the digits.

The whole point of googlke voice is so you can block calls :lol:

Maybe you overlooked something in your account :yep:

I used Google so that no one would have my actual phone number. I think it was my settings probably. All of my calls were sent to Google Voice and I didn't like the voicemail system. yep, user error. lol When i needed to block a number, i saw an option to send to voicemail.

do guys who internet date plan in advance or mostly ask for next day or that night dates? I've gotten so many "let's go out tonight or tomorrow" requests, all over text...it's hard to know what to do. these new 'rules' are so confusing to me. and it seems like guys who date on the internet are more indecisive and have a greater rotation

help!

do guys who internet date plan in advance or mostly ask for next day or that night dates? I've gotten so many "let's go out tonight or tomorrow" requests, all over text...it's hard to know what to do. these new 'rules' are so confusing to me. and it seems like guys who date on the internet are more indecisive and have a greater rotation

help!

Naw, those dudes are thirsty and/or want sex.

All of my dates have been planned in advance via a telephone call.

Fyi.. there's a 17.00 one month Groupon for Match.com. It's for new users only. I suppose you could change your email address if you already have an account. : look:

Does it bother you when you see little kids in a profile?

I feel akward seeing a kid in a profile, with all the craziness in the world I wouldn't put it past some pedophile stalking these sites.

Back