***Online Dating Support Thread***

If a man sends you this message what would you think? Would you continue to talk to him? My mind is always in the gutter so...

Well hello! How are you? Very cute and nice LIPS! :) what u up too? Having a good week?

background: he is a former college football player and current college football coach...

I'm quick to shoot a ninja down

Have any of you tried online dating while overweight? I was planning to create an account when I was near to my goal weight but that will take a long time. I'm just interested in dipping my toe in the water and seeing what is out there but i think being overweight plus having braces is going to get me nowhere.

Chile yes. I ain't no skinny minny and always had dates from online. Like 2 a week! Someone said stick to black sites, not true here anyway. I got no play on those. Okc kept me busy and them mens were all about the swirl :look: for every 8 wm that contacted me, there were maybe 2 bm. And out of those bm only ONE ended in a rl meeting.

So I went ahead and created a profile on match.com and in the 5 days my profile has been up I've had a much better response than I had ever imagined I would. I have a date next weekend with a guy who seems really nice, he's black, 31, a doctor, no kids, never married but keen to settle down. He lives about 1.5hrs away in another city but said he's in my city regularly because he has friends and family here. When he gave me his full name I googled him (all those episodes of Catfish i've watched have come in handy :lol:) he seems legit, everything he told me checked out. I'm not getting my hopes up though, I'm just waiting for the crazy to unfold....it always does.:perplexed

I'm glad I didn't wait until I reached my target weight or have my braces taken off because online dating has been such a confidence boost so far. Even if this date turns out to be a complete bust it's good dating experience.

My Match profile expires today. All of a sudden I'm getting a ton of emails from guys. Do you guys think that Match creates fake profiles? I don't believe in coincidences.

I'm sorry ya'll but these coo-coo for cocoa puffs profiles I see online are too good not to share with somebody:

1). **I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CAUCASIAN/White women with the STRONGEST desire and passion.
--You all are the most sweetest caring beautiful best personality women and thats why I love you all SOOOO Much!
--Its not a sexual thing, its everything else and more!
--You all are so Beautiful and make me smile more than I have ever smiled in my life.
--You fascinate me with your variations of beauty, eye color, hair color, skin tone, sweet personalities, and the way you talk. --You all honestly make me speechless and confused at the same time.
--Confused in a good way of being intrigued.
--There is something about you all that sometimes I can't explain.
--I can truly talk all day on the reasons why I love White Women.
--I will one day marry a sweet beautiful Caucasian angel....I guarantee it.
This self hating ninja will not be missed by the black female population #KatieCanHaveHim :spinning:

Last edited:
With 4 months left of my subscription I hid my Match profile. I also called them to make sure they don't take anymore money. The operator asked why I was cancelling, of course I didn't tell him the real reasons - that the site is for men looking for white women.
He also said the site was so good and it shouldn't be hard for me to meet someone because I have lovely pictures. Dude, they don't want black!
Big waste of money.

So I joined POF last night. I have over 40+ message to filter through which is a bit overwhelming.

So far I think I'd be willing to meet 3 of the guys that messaged me. Kinda nervous about meeting these guys because I've had 2 horrible experiences with online dating in the past.

Last edited:
Hey gals I'm sticking my foot back in. This guy on pof got my attention by understanding a corny nerd joke I made. :look: I asked him why he was using the site and he replied with the below. That was me almost a year ago. I'm over it. He says he's over it but I'm not sure...you know men are indecisive. Red flag or no?

image-1135120902.jpg

He's basically tellin you he's not looking for anything serious. I think it's red flag when men are so quick to say that so early on. It's like a legal disclaimer in case anything happens later on.

Hey gals I'm sticking my foot back in. This guy on pof got my attention by understanding a corny nerd joke I made. :look: I asked him why he was using the site and he replied with the below. That was me almost a year ago. I'm over it. He says he's over it but I'm not sure...you know men are indecisive. Red flag or no?

He's looking for a friends with benefits.

Put him on your friends list and continue your search.

I want to be a friend to an attractive female= I just want to have sex with some hot girl for now.

I wouldn't even make him a friend. He would still try to get in your pants. The whole reply is a red flag.

^^^^ You are right. Too risky which is why I no longer have that profile. This was about 6 months ago. Then again, all other dating sites have details of whether or not you have children. Just have to be very choosy and careful when it comes to dating.
So, out of curiosity I joined and quickly hid my profile. Mostly older white men. I am open to swirling but not desperate.. I even came across one guy who had never been married, no kids but on a single parent site?? I questioned him about it and he told me he was looking for mature women and wanted to date a "black girl" wtf?? Is he wanting to date my 10 year old?? I blocked him..

So I went ahead and created a profile on match.com and in the 5 days my profile has been up I've had a much better response than I had ever imagined I would. I have a date next weekend with a guy who seems really nice, he's black, 31, a doctor, no kids, never married but keen to settle down. He lives about 1.5hrs away in another city but said he's in my city regularly because he has friends and family here. When he gave me his full name I googled him (all those episodes of Catfish i've watched have come in handy :lol:) he seems legit, everything he told me checked out. I'm not getting my hopes up though, I'm just waiting for the crazy to unfold....it always does.:perplexed I'm glad I didn't wait until I reached my target weight or have my braces taken off because online dating has been such a confidence boost so far. Even if this date turns out to be a complete bust it's good dating experience.

MochaMooch ooooh, girl that sounds juicy! Be sure to share how it goes! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

With 4 months left of my subscription I hid my Match profile. I also called them to make sure they don't take anymore money. The operator asked why I was cancelling, of course I didn't tell him the real reasons - that the site is for men looking for white women.
He also said the site was so good and it shouldn't be hard for me to meet someone because I have lovely pictures. Dude, they don't want black!
Big waste of money.

My experience with Match has been I was approached by mostly white men. That was last year, i might give it another try since I am now being open to interracial. We'll see., I might wait until after Christmas .. don't want to spend money on presents. :/)

Online, only white men looked at my profile or messaged me. I wonder if more black men prefer white women then are willing to admit.

Browsing POF....Hate seeing 30+year old men in "thugish" pics and pics with their chest showing.
Is that all you have to offer?

Last edited:
Back