***Online Dating Support Thread***

So I told dude, I don't always respond to messages right away. He says I understand....

waits a few hours and then messages me again.

Dude, fck off, youre way too thirsty, I don't believe you're in med school either :lol:

another winner!!! His message to me -

whassup Beautiful, how u doin? maybe u din get the message i tried to send to ya! i like your profile and your pictures are pretty. my name is *******. I'm not goin to say i'm average cause i'm not but i know what i like when i see it. 1st let me say i got 7 kids that i love more than life itself. 2nd i am divorced and have been since 2006. i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. i'm the oldest. I come from a big family on both sides and they a trip, you gotta meet them to see. i am the author of "***Random Book***, just started a Non profit org. ***Random NPO***. Owner of my own t-shirt line ***Random clothing line*** clothing. i am a fashion student at the art institute *****. will attend the magic show this year. i am a goal oriented person. i have a background that i learned a lot from. i been thru all the stupid stuff, shot, been to prison, used drugs before, hustled and everything else under the sun. whatever u wanna know just holla at me and i keep it Trill witcha. i won't ever lie to you and i expect the same.

:look:

OH LAWD, how TERRIBLE. this all confirms my suspicions that men on dating sites have the potential to be of much, much lower quality than the average woman on a dating site.

eta and how old is this winner? with his 7 kids and no discernible source of income despite his random "business ventures". cuz i surely noticed he didnt mention no type of actual damn job amongst all his other "attributes."

Last edited:
OH LAWD, how TERRIBLE. this all confirms my suspicions that men on dating sites have the potential to be of much, much lower quality than the average woman on a dating site.

eta and how old is this winner? with his 7 kids and no discernible source of income despite his random "business ventures". cuz i surely noticed he didnt mention no type of actual damn job amongst all his other "attributes."

first, i completely agree with the bold....

this particular specimen is 37 years old and lists his profession as Writer/Entrepreneur.... so yeah, no real job....

when i told him my most polite version of "HELL NO", he made sure to let me know that he understood and that he has standards too.... :yep:

This thread is always good for a laugh. I'm glad I deleted my okcupid profile...although...I could use some additional laughs...

first, i completely agree with the bold....

this particular specimen is 37 years old and lists his profession as Writer/Entrepreneur.... so yeah, no real job....

when i told him my most polite version of "HELL NO", he made sure to let me know that he understood and that he has standards too.... :yep:

SqrpioQutie does this mean he sent you a nasty email back saying something along the lines of "You aint that fine anyway." or "I dont date black girls anyway?"

I got an OK notification for mutual 4-5 star rating. I got all excited about it and dude still hasn't messaged me. I'm trying not to thirsty so I'm giving it time. His profile says he's "seeing someone"...why is he rating me then? Anyway, who am I kidding it's been forever since I had a date and I am thirsty right now. :lol:

@ SqrpioQutie why is it that men who do so little are doing too much? :lachen: It's like when they list 5, 6, 7 careers you know they ain't doing **** all day.

I joined Ok cupid Last night. I am having a ball. Lots of great message convos today. Men of different races, too which shocked me. I Like this site. i tried POF and BPM. it's nice to meet people with similar interest ( as told from their profiles). So far off to a good start.:yep:

Last edited:
SqrpioQutie does this mean he sent you a nasty email back saying something along the lines of "You aint that fine anyway." or "I dont date black girls anyway?"

actually, one thing i really have to give to him is that his replies never crossed into mean or insulting.... so he did have at least one positive quality.... :yep:

I finally went ahead and blocked several dudes on okcupid that messaged me regularly that I didn't want to talk to. I feel better that instead of awkwardly replying when I wasn't really interested, now they can't message me anymore. Ha! :drunk:

Last edited:
bump!

How's everyone doing? I've been on okcupid for a month now. I've blocked 2 people. Had ongoing convo's with 2 people. I get a lot of random messages but always from guys I just find weird. I especially can't stand when someone messages me and the match percentage is 50% or less. I'm like, really? I can tell you right now I wouldn't want anything to do with you and I'd make sure you feel the same about me.

I've had quite a few rating matches but they never pan out. And a few foreigners' (Italy, UK) messages too.

So far I like the site. I can actually see myself meeting someone from there IRL, which I've never been able to admit until now.

I once put something on my profile like don't be afraid to message (not exact words) and asked "what color is my contact dot anyway?" and when guys would message they would say "your dot is red btw" etc

I once put something on my profile like don't be afraid to message (not exact words) and asked "what color is my contact dot anyway?" and when guys would message they would say "your dot is red btw" etc

:giggle: and then you probably wouldnt answer.

Haha well a lot of the time if they commented on that they'd read the whole profile and had something interesting to say so I did reply to them but it still went nowhere IIRC. I haven't been on my okcupid page in awhile, it's been pretty dead and I kinda want a break right now anyway...

Update -

So as much as I liked the Nigerian lawyer and the Asian corporate lawyer I've discovered that the *spark* is just not there with either of them. I went a second date with the Nigerian lawyer and two dates with the Asian lawyer and realised that I just wasn't that into them. There were just slight personality differences that would annoy me long term. So I told them the truth and slowly stopped communicating with them both. I hope they both go on to meet someone who really likes them.

On the plus side I've stayed in contact with a two other guys that I met previously who I really do feel a spark with. One is long distance (in the Bahamas at the minute because he's finished his course) and amazing and the other is in a city nearby and amazing. I have a slight affinity for the guy in the Bahamas but they're both great. I'm not writing either one off at the moment and I guess I'll have to see how things pan out and which one I really want to be with. So far I'm loving eharmony though. I have never been in contact with so many well educated, attractive, accomplished, good men in my life. It's been so worth my subscription.

I've been talking with this guy for the past few days and it seemed to be going pretty well. Yesterday I had a new message from him, but I wasn't able to reply right then, so I go to reply now... and he's deleted his account :lol: well, ok... :lol:

I've been talking with this guy for the past few days and it seemed to be going pretty well. Yesterday I had a new message from him, but I wasn't able to reply right then, so I go to reply now... and he's deleted his account :lol: well, ok... :lol:

LOL!:lachen::lachen:

Here's one I've been meaning to post.

*Yeah. i have a smart mouth... lol*

Attachments

• IMG-20110530-00457.JPG
    IMG-20110530-00457.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 101
I think if i wrote a blog about my online... and offline dating experiences... people would be rolling on the floor or :nono:

last week, i met up with a hopeful... not only was he an hour late for dinner cuz he got lost :perplexed but... when he showed up.. it was the CLASSIC "my pictures are from 10 years ago" bait and switch, cuz he had the face and protruding Gut of an Middle Aged MAN.-

Grrrrrrrr.
he's been steady texting me since the date, what's wrong, did i not like him, etc... and i'm trying to be nice... but also trying NOT to go on another date...

Ugh, I would be soooooo mad if I met up with a guy who was obviously many many years older than he portrayed himself to be! That is a really foul thing to do when you think about it. I mean it's not the end of the world or anything, but you don't have to be deceptive...

I think if i wrote a blog about my online... and offline dating experiences... people would be rolling on the floor or :nono:

last week, i met up with a hopeful... not only was he an hour late for dinner cuz he got lost :perplexed but... when he showed up.. it was the CLASSIC "my pictures are from 10 years ago" bait and switch, cuz he had the face and protruding Gut of an Middle Aged MAN.-

Grrrrrrrr.
he's been steady texting me since the date, what's wrong, did i not like him, etc... and i'm trying to be nice... but also trying NOT to go on another date...

you should. horror date stories are good fun.:grin:

Ugh, I would be soooooo mad if I met up with a guy who was obviously many many years older than he portrayed himself to be! That is a really foul thing to do when you think about it. I mean it's not the end of the world or anything, but you don't have to be deceptive...

Let me tell you... i wasn't impressed.
not at all..
i actually contemplated walking away from the date before the food even got there... but i said NO.
Let this be a great date... and it was...... i'm just no longer interested.

even worse, we connected and meshed really well by phone and text... he gets my weird sense of humour... i guess his is weird as well.. lololololol

(but he tricked me with his damn pictures)

you should. horror date stories are good fun.:grin:

lol, they're only fun after i've had lots and lots and lots of time to think about them.. and i'm not steaming...:lol:

i think maybe i'll dig up some old posts here...
like the samurai sword date i went on....
lol. it's posted here in off topic.. and it was ccccrraaazy...

Here's one I've been meaning to post.

*Yeah. i have a smart mouth... lol*

How does he know you're having a difficult time?

ETA: Nevermind. It's not working (changing my pictures). I really don't understand these guys online.

Last edited:
I just joined Matched and noticed that several men that emailed me listed "I'll tell you later" about having kids.

This seems like a huge RED flag to me.

Either you don't have kids or you have kids and are ashamed to admit it or the number of kids.....

What so hard about picking Yes or No?

Back