***Online Dating Support Thread***

in a guy's profile, i guess as an indication that he can cook.... that does NOT make me want to get with you OR eat your food....

10947703.jpg

Due to recent crazy, disappointing yet funny experiences; this online dating thing really has me confused and frustrated with men. I may give this whole thing up and just go at it in the "real world." This push and pull, pride and UGH!

Especially on POF. I don't like POF, it feels like a messy free for all. And the guys there seem to have an even worse habit of copying and pasting messages, probably because the way the site is set up it's mostly just for viewing the pictures and reading the profile is an afterthought. So I get a lot of prepackaged bs messages "my name is blah blah I'm 27 and I work at the blahblah and I live blahblah" like basically just seeing a chick, she's cute, I'm gonna make myself known to her.

I get so many filler messages that it's hard to keep up with the guys I'm actually talking to so I end up not even responding how I normally would and eventually forgetting about the conversation altogether.

One dude stalked me from AR to POF. LAWD BAHEEBUS! I'm DONE!

and the Thirstiest Dude Award goes to.......

one particular guy who, in the span on 30 minutes, sent me 10 actual message, 3 flirts and a favorite, full of the most horrible typos and grammatical errors, making me wonder how he functions in his everyday life...

i replied (rather than just block him) after about 25 minutes of the madness and told him that he should never ever again in life send that many messages to someone without giving them the opportunity to reply... and then told him that i'm not interested and good luck....

but yall, the messages... i mean they were beyond bad, to me.... i hope he finds someone soon because he does not present himself in the best light online....

ok - i have to quote em....

1st:you are really fine and like you can I know you name and numberand can we talk

2nd: so are you you going to give me you phone and your name so wecan talk start talk and build friendship relationand something more later if you like it is up to you okay

3rd: you so really swet as candy can IKNOW SOMEONE LIKE AND GOOD LOOKING WOMAN LIKE YOURSELF CAN I AND CAN WE

4th: would reall like to have you as my woman and in y life if you like okay so tellme how can I make that happen

5th: Iso tell me what like

6th: so you never been married me to I lookine for someone that is a real woma and can that be you I hope that you talk to me and say what want so I will konw something can you

7th: can I have you

8th: are you there talk to me

9th: wow

10th: wish you say somthing to me I truely like you but you not saying anytingso I know what you are thinking so I would move okay sorry

my response to him (after the 9th message - mind you, i was NOT online during the bulk of his communication):
first of all, you have sent entirely too many messages in too short a time.... please give the next woman you message room to breathe and time to respond to your first message before you go in on sending 10 additional messages... i speak very truthfully when i say that it is a definite turnoff....

so, while i appreciate the interest, i am not interested in getting to know you.... i can honestly say that we are too different.... good luck to you though....

i was told that my response was too harsh but i dunno....

and to give you an even better vibe, his profile:

A little about me...

I am a christian MAN who love to going to church and also my job is working in the hotel as a assistance manager that I was also in the military and love it a'm from new york but now I live in chicago amd work here I am also a god feearing man and a TRUE BELIEVER in the bible I am also a patience man that love his friend and al of my family

What are you looking for in a partner?

A FRIENDSHIP THAT TWO PEOPLE HOLD DEAR TO HERE HEART AND SOUL A GOD FEARING WOMAN THAT IS MEEK, SPIRITUAL BUT NOT RELIGION BUT IS A VIRTUOUS WOMAN THAT IS PATPENCE AND FAITHFUL TO HER GOD AND HUSBAND ONE THAT BE HUMBLE, LOVING,AND ALSO HAVE A CARING WITH ALOT OF GRACE AND MUST ALSO HAVE A FORGIVEN HEART AND A VERY UNDERSTANDING AS MUCH AS A GOOD LIST THAT CAN COMMUNICATION

I'd just like to add...

Why are the woman are so judgementabout flies and when man send a message they do not respone to it what is wrong with that and are they real looking for a man or they playing games when a real man come or it just a joke to them I believe that this is a dating site were you find friendship, love, and relationship, that what I believe but not sothe thing is you livedto for, you are too short, you are to old that is just some of the tespone that some man get so I say are the woman showing off what they have because this not a dating site or a site that you look for friend and love this a judgement site WOW

That was really painful to read...seriously, he sounds a little "touched".. Imma pray for him..

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

wow.. i couldn't finish reading that foolishness. i dont think you were too harsh. that man was incredibly ridiculous and no other woman should have to be subjected to that. you've done the world a favor imo.

in a guy's profile, i guess as an indication that he can cook.... that does NOT make me want to get with you OR eat your food....

10947703.jpg

I was a cook in the Navy and this spread looks just like something we would put out on the line. Now that I look at it from this perspective, it doesn't look very tempting. :nono: Now I see why folks were always mad at us. :lachen:

But what is that stuff the American slices of cheese on it? WHAT IS IT? :lol: Why the peas just look like he literally just popped open the can and threw it in the pan?

When guys give out their phone number QUICKLY, what do yall do? This dude just got straight to the point and gave me his phone number. Talkin bout "let's not waste any time!"

Nah, I don't believe in sending messages back and forth for weeks but I do feel the need to be just a LITTLE courted even if online! :lol:

When guys give out their phone number QUICKLY, what do yall do? This dude just got straight to the point and gave me his phone number. Talkin bout "let's not waste any time!"

Nah, I don't believe in sending messages back and forth for weeks but I do feel the need to be just a LITTLE courted even if online! :lol:

MizzBrown Gosh! Someone's eager. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't you keep that KANG waiting girl :lachen::lachen:

I assumed it was macaroni...

I ignore guys who do that. A lot of them give their phone number in the first message, on pof anyway. Soon as I bother to stop being lazy, I'm deleting my page there. I exchanged numbers with a couple guys on there but when they texted me I didn't even know/remember who they were and didn't bother to find out.

I was a cook in the Navy and this spread looks just like something we would put out on the line. Now that I look at it from this perspective, it doesn't look very tempting. :nono: Now I see why folks were always mad at us. :lachen:

that is too sad!!!.... no wonder the navy dudes always got hype if a chick could cook... :)

that is too sad!!!.... no wonder the navy dudes always got hype if a chick could cook... :)

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:i know girl. But when your in the military you can only use with what you got. Folks SWORE we were the Outback, Applebees, etc. When you're out to sea, you just can't say, "Oh, let me go to the Winn Dixie and get so and so right quick!" or "I don't like what they serving on the ship. I'm going to IHOP.":lachen:

This dude on okcupid is getting on my goddamn nerves. He claims to be in med school so you would think he wouldn't be so thirsty. Every time I message back, he replies, and if I don't reply again right away he sends another message. Now he sends one that says "I guess you're done wanting to talk to me?" dude CHILL OUT. turnaround rate on messages doesnt have to be immediately, let me be allowed to be logged off.

POF need to sit down somewhere...look at this fool profile pic and tell me why would want thousands of women to see this nonsense?

http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=22955339

I know blackgirlsareeasy blogspot gets a lot of flack on here but this topic on online dating had me rolling..Im sorry if anyone gets offended by it, but I laughed all day long.

http://blackgirlsareeasy.blogspot.com/2011/04/online-dating-are-you-that-desperate.html

LMAO...That is too funny!

Talking 'bout he's just looking for friends....Uh huh, friends with benifits that is :perplexed

:dead: @ ol boy. some men really have no shame.

This dude on okcupid is getting on my goddamn nerves. He claims to be in med school so you would think he wouldn't be so thirsty. Every time I message back, he replies, and if I don't reply again right away he sends another message. Now he sends one that says "I guess you're done wanting to talk to me?" dude CHILL OUT. turnaround rate on messages doesnt have to be immediately, let me be allowed to be logged off.

i never really thought about it but it seems like the guys i talked to were ALWAYS on line. and if i replied to their message at 6:16:47 pm you can guarantee i would have their response at 6:17:01 pm.:nono:

even if i am online i typically don't respond right then. something about that just seems awfully thirsty.

I just joined okcupid a couple days ago because it's been a while (yrs) since I went out on a date. Do you guys message back everyone who messages you? Should I just ignore them if I'm not interested?

I just joined okcupid a couple days ago because it's been a while (yrs) since I went out on a date. Do you guys message back everyone who messages you? Should I just ignore them if I'm not interested?

i ignored most messages. occasionally i got a response like "so i guess i'm ugly" or something while i would just silently agree.:lachen: my dot was green although i ignored 98% of the messages. i'm convinced they were trying to make me look desperate.:ohwell:

Back