***Online Dating Support Thread***

I found that involved men will do the email thing with you. Indefinitely. Bublin

Oh no. Through convo he told me was single and never been married and had been single for quite some time.
I dunno. This dating thing is doing me head in. I'm going to go with the flow. I created a new email account and probably send him an email on Tuesday as I'm busy tomorrow.

Advice please
I have been messaging this guy on Match.com for about 1 week. he is slow to respond to message, like once a day. Every message he sends is very detailed - just about hobbies and interests mainly. We seem to have alot in common.
Today he sent a message asking if we could email each other on personal email and gave me his email address. He didn't say why.
This is a new one on me, I usually get offered a mobile number.

What does this mean? Should I ask him why or just email him? Is he stalling or just being careful?

Ugggh

Ugh don't waste your time. This one clearly ain't all that interested. Why accept an email when you are already emailing on the site. Genuine interest would have meant he would give you his number and ask for yours. Don't waste your time and no I wouldn't be emailing him.

Oh no. Through convo he told me was single and never been married and had been single for quite some time.
I dunno. This dating thing is doing me head in. I'm going to go with the flow. I created a new email account and probably send him an email on Tuesday as I'm busy tomorrow.

This is a problem? I thought the bigger problem would be if he was in a relationship or married but now divorced :ohwell:

This is a problem? I thought the bigger problem would be if he was in a relationship or married but now divorced :ohwell:

My post was badly written! I wrote 'oh no' in response to he may be unavailable. Then added that he told me he definitely wasn't because we had that conversation. I have no problem dating a divorcee.

Every d*mn thing seems to be a red flag :spinning:

So he replied to my email.
It shows his full name so naturally I Googled :look:

Without going into too much detail everything matched up. Even found his place of work :yep:

He questioned the name I registered as for my email address. I have used my middle name as a surname. He asked about that. Well he can keep on asking cus he ain't gonna find out! He also asked about my work so he is asking me more personal questions now but I will still keep it light.

I've been taking on board the advice you ladies give about keeping the chit chat casual - not too much personal stuff when you haven't even met.

Ladies,

Right so I joined match again one day in and I'm getting loads of views but a handful of winks couple messages... my question is:
What is you take on messaging people who've viewed you?

Advice please
I have been messaging this guy on Match.com for about 1 week. he is slow to respond to message, like once a day. Every message he sends is very detailed - just about hobbies and interests mainly. We seem to have alot in common.
Today he sent a message asking if we could email each other on personal email and gave me his email address. He didn't say why.
This is a new one on me, I usually get offered a mobile number.

What does this mean? Should I ask him why or just email him? Is he stalling or just being careful?

Ugggh

I fell into that trap when I first started internet dating. Those guys are just time-wasters. They also send long emails and it goes no where.

Want to get a man you r dating to call you? Log onto the dating site while he is on and let him see the online now sign under your name. Works. Every. Single. Time. Lmbo....

Tip: if you pay your subscription by phone you may be able to convince them to add a few free months on your subscription. It worked for me on eharmony.

So after taking a 6 month hiatus from my last online dating adventure, I decided to join POF again. I thought I met the perfect guy (well for POF standards anyway). We were emailing back and forth on Monday for about an hour. It was towards the end of the day, so I said hey I'm leaving work but you can text me if you want and I left him my number. This was around 5:30. I didn't hear from him again (no text or email) until the next day around 9 p.m. and he "emailed" me and just said "hey". So I responded hey, I did give you my number right? No response...:rolleyes:.

I'm thinking he either doesn't have a phone or he's in a relationship. Either way, I'm not interested anymore. Do you guys agree?

So after taking a 6 month hiatus from my last online dating adventure, I decided to join POF again. I thought I met the perfect guy (well for POF standards anyway). We were emailing back and forth on Monday for about an hour. It was towards the end of the day, so I said hey I'm leaving work but you can text me if you want and I left him my number. This was around 5:30. I didn't hear from him again (no text or email) until the next day around 9 p.m. and he "emailed" me and just said "hey". So I responded hey, I did give you my number right? No response...:rolleyes:.

I'm thinking he either doesn't have a phone or he's in a relationship. Either way, I'm not interested anymore. Do you guys agree?

Yea that's kinda fishy......

Re-occuring them in here lately. Great connections, long emailing sessions and then poof. They don't want to take it to the next level ie moving it from emailing to phone calls.

Sick MFers (apologies for the outburst but I just can't take men anymore)

What is even worst are the ones that call and take you out n then disappear or do the slow fade out! The slow fade out is the effin worst! Bastids!
LMAO!!! What did I say up above!!! Log onto the dating site and these negros will remember you exist! The guy I called new/nubian african must have seen me log onto the site bc he is at work now (I know his schedule cause he told me it) and made sure to hmu during work and he has never done that b4...they are so territorial...:rolleyes:

i just reactivated my profile 30 minutes ago and i already have 10 new messages. these *****s love fresh meat.:lol:

this should be fun.

Re-occuring them in here lately. Great connections, long emailing sessions and then poof. They don't want to take it to the next level ie moving it from emailing to phone calls.

Sick MFers (apologies for the outburst but I just can't take men anymore)

Because they already have someone and use online women to boost the ego, kill the boredom or both.

Because they already have someone and use online women to boost the ego, kill the boredom or both.

:nono: Yet another angle I didn't think of.

Same thing just happened again. Guy said he would call but hasn't. No wait.....I'm lying....he rang my phone once last night. It literally rang once. I guess that fool thinks he is funny because now he can claim he actually called :lachen:

I hate them all :look:

:nono: Yet another angle I didn't think of.

Same thing just happened again. Guy said he would call but hasn't. No wait.....I'm lying....he rang my phone once last night. It literally rang once. I guess that fool thinks he is funny because now he can claim he actually called :lachen:

I hate them all :look:

I've had s lot of male platonic friends the last few yrs in rl and online. They always give me the straight truth.

What's with dudes asking for a million pictures?! Seriously, I have 3 on my profile, I'll send you 3 more and that's my limit. How many pics do you need to see?! These dudes are weirdos.

JustifiablyMe they are lacking in trust!

Every man I met online said "thank god youre just like your pics!" because apparently, many women lie about their age, size, everything and post pics from 5, 10 and the worst I heard was 15 years ago.

There have been a few to ask for a phone pic taken that day to prove I am who I advertise. I never comply tho. *** that.

For the men that worry and have been burned that much by liars, they should just ask to meet right away.

I can't stand it either when they ask for more pics. I have about 5. I get what DarkJoy is saying but it ALWAYS comes across like a kinky request, like they want your pic in their phone or something.
If they were worried about whether or not it was you then they should say so but I've never had an explanation and would never give extra pics anyway.

I can't stand it either when they ask for more pics. I have about 5. I get what DarkJoy is saying but it ALWAYS comes across like a kinky request, like they want your pic in their phone or something.
If they were worried about whether or not it was you then they should say so but I've never had an explanation and would never give extra pics anyway.

ALL OF THIS!!! :barf:

I have 3 on my profile and will send 3 more and that's my limit, unless we build some kind of repoire or until I feel comfortable sending more. But I'm going to take DarkJoy's advice now and suggest they take me out to see the real thing! :lol::look:

Back