***Online Dating Support Thread***

I hid my pof profile about a month ago but opened it back up on okcupid. Out of these two can you tell me you had luck with?

RoseofLily i had a pof for a week or so before i deleted it. the men on there are insane.:lachen:

ive had much better luck with okc. i met my current bf on there and we've been together for a year and a half. BUT i would only suggest okc if you are open to interracial dating. ive met blk men on there but 95% of the men who message me are non-blk.

Thank You Oasis. I am open to interracial dating. The guys on Pof..don't seem as serious. They are after one thing it seems. I disabled my account after a year. Now I am back on OKC I noticed I got more messages on Pof. Guys would give me a high score but won't message me..if I message them they don't respond. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

I am fed up of guys going ghost after communicating well. This last one suggested we meet up. In the name of being 'fair and giving a little' I asked if he'd like to exchange numbers. I mean what else was I to say after he suggests we meet up?

I notice an hour after I send that message he looks at profile and doesn't respond.

I'm only keeping my Match profile up because I paid for a 6 month subscription. If it wasn't for that I would just delete the account.

Sooo another one bites the dust. :ohwell: Second guy I meet on POF that I thought had a lot of potential. He lives out of state (which he was actually a bit deceitful about in the beginning) and said he would be coming to my state this weekend to hang out with me. Keep in mind this is the same guy I had to put on time out for ignoring my text messages/delayed contact. I feel like he treats me like how I treat the other guys I'm not that interested in; basically I don't treat them as a priority. I get back to them when I feel like it; sometimes not at all. :look: I text him on Thurs and asked if he was still coming, he said yes. Haven't heard from him since.

I think I'm deleting my account tonight.

I just rejoined Ok cupid after being off a month. I decided that I would be a bit more open to Interracial. I just disabled my account after a couple days..I got contacted by a swinger couple or a couple looking for a threesome I suppose.. the message was "Hi.. we both think you are BEAUTIFUL!!" The next message was from a married man. I am done.. I disabled again.

Just got back from a date with a guy I met on Match. He was really sweet and looked like his profile pic. My only reservation is that he's divorced and has 2 children. I'm only 25. We'll see what happens.

i just joined blackpeoplemeet.com. i've gotten a lot of responses/views/likes etc... however...the guys don't seem to know how to carry on a conversation. i just can't with these type of guys grrrrrr on a positive note i was contacted by someone (a really attractive, employed someone) who recognized me from my cheerleading coach days and already had an interest. we'll see how that goes...

Wondering if anyone has a review of Single Parent Meet? Just wondering if it's full of women?

I joined but didn't pay the subscription fee for a single parent website in the UK. The profiles are not great. Mainly older white men, hardly any black men. I have no idea how many women are on there. I don't think these single parent sites are very active.

I joined but didn't pay the subscription fee for a single parent website in the UK. The profiles are not great. Mainly older white men, hardly any black men. I have no idea how many women are on there. I don't think these single parent sites are very active.

I would be very hesitant to join a site targeting single parents due to all the pedos out there....

Or maybe that's my paranoia. o_O

^^^^ You are right. Too risky which is why I no longer have that profile. This was about 6 months ago. Then again, all other dating sites have details of whether or not you have children. Just have to be very choosy and careful when it comes to dating.

Why do men have pictures of random women in their profiles?

I never understand that. They will be hugged up on some other woman or something talking bout, "dis my best friend." Negro puhlease. Get yo life. This is a dating site...sounds like some future Brown Sugar drama if you feel the need to be all hugged up on your "best friend" in yo "dating" profile. Smh

Last edited:
Why is this dudes name "Light Skin Nigg" on POF?

I swear, I reactivated my profile only about 2 weeks ago and the quality of men seems to have dramatically declined since I first got on there.....

Someone just asked for my number and a date after 4 messages. I feel rushed by him and I sense he is in a rush. Dude said he re-subcribed just 2 hrs ago and already he is pushing a for date. I'm know I'm great gal :) but that is too fast for me.
Then again I have messaged guys all day and sometimes for days and then went ghost and wasted my time. I guess whatever feels right.

Ugggh I don't like his name. Why do I always meet guys with horrible names? How the hell am I gonna introduce you with a name like that. Pah, no wonder I'm single.

Is it even acceptable for 'young' people (early twenties) to date online? I feel so weird every time I try. An older friend suggested it which made me consider it but I feel like people my age online just wanna hook up and are too shy to find woman in person to do that. Which is weird.

Ugggh I don't like his name. Why do I always meet guys with horrible names? How the hell am I gonna introduce you with a name like that. Pah, no wonder I'm single.

LMAO!! I thought this was only me. If I'm lukewarm about someone, their name can push me in either direction. If I like it, I'm all :love:. If I don't, well, :ohwell:. Yea, no wonder I'm single too. :lol:

Da fuq is this **** :look::look::look::look::look::look::look:

Profile of someone who stopped by my page:

So, I'll just cut right to the chase for anyone who is reading this .. Basically, I'm looking for a woman who wants to have a baby. I love kids .. I love pregnant women .. I think they are so beautiful with their radiant hair, glowing skin and the beautiful swell of the belly. And, I love pregnancy risk sex and the very thought of getting a woman pregnant.

This could be just a donor situation, also open to the possibility of a relationship of course with the right person if we're very compatible with each other. But for a start, looking to pass on some dna.. lol

This profile is obviously not for everyone and certainly is not meant to offend anyone. Therefore, I won't be initiating contact with anybody first. If you are interested though, please send me a message and lets get to know each other! Would probably be an ideal match for a woman who might be considering iui/ivf or just wants a baby herself.

Da fuq is this **** :look::look::look::look::look::look::look:

Profile of someone who stopped by my page:

:lol:

It's clearly a ploy to reel in the ladies with ticking clocks. I came across a dude like this online. His profile wasn't like the one posted but our first convo he was talking about starting a family and children. I suspect he thought I would swoon but I replied that I was not in the least bit interested in kids but it was good he brought it up straight away so no time wasted and we could each move on to more suitable prospects. He started back peddling and was like well hold on, wait, lets talk a little more, yada yada.....:ohwell:

I suspected as much because his pics posted was more that of a player than a family man.

Have any of you tried online dating while overweight? I was planning to create an account when I was near to my goal weight but that will take a long time. I'm just interested in dipping my toe in the water and seeing what is out there but i think being overweight plus having braces is going to get me nowhere.

^youve never seen overweight people in relationships? Point i there will b e those who are put off (and they wont contact you) and those who dont care(and will contact you)

as for braces they will see it as you being proactive about your teeth situation.\

anyway good luck

Match has me questioning my looks. I thought I was at least average but the lack of emails make me think otherwise.

Back