***Online Dating Support Thread***

Do you post full body pics? Trying to get pics together and see if I need to take new ones.

I do but I make sure not to show any cleavage. I do not want to come across as being That girl. When I view profiles of men that send me emails or wink at me I'm a little skeptical if the guy only has pictures of his face. I know the profiles ask for body type but my definition of slim may not be his definition of slim.

How long do you chat with these dudes on the actual website b4 you say *** it because they haven't asked you out on a date?

I try to keep the online messaging short. If He can spell, says something interesting and doesn't say something lewd or suspect I give him my number...my google number that is.:look:

A male friend of mine is giving me some good advice and he explained to me that profiles and messages aren't always the best way to read a person. You want to get them on the phone so you can weed them out. If our text convo goes well, then I encourage him to call. S far it's working for me :yep:

I don't. I'm curvy and I don't want people messaging me because of my body.

See now, if a guy had nothing but head shots on his page then we'd think that something was wrong with him. Same goes for women. There's nothing wrong with having a nice body. Put up one tasteful flattering shot and call it a day! We all attract unwanted attention at some point....it's just one of those things. I'm not a relationship expert, nor am I scientist...I am also single....so do what you will with my 2 cents :lol:

Same here. It is very hard, especially when you want him to be your future SO but you can't allow yourself to get played...and like someone told me in a thread, you might find someone that you like better

Yep, I mentioned upthread that I forced myself to continue to fish and found me another one :look:. No date yet, but the conversation is pretty interesting. My subscription expires today and I don't intend on renewing. Maybe in a couple of months, but this online dating stuff is exhausting.

Maybe I am too hard on this guy. I had a great date and now I am finding superficial things to not like about him.

On the other hand this one guy who was 30 min late and thought that a smoothie run during said 30 min lateness would solve things messaged me about plans. I might add that after the late date he gave me an open hug and didnt call. I should had ignored him but I said I am cleaning tonight. Then he asks to talk to me via Skype or some other oovoo or something. He seems desperate, so unattractive to me. Not answering again.

So this fool messaged me and asked me did I have pretty feet

I told said fool no, I got fred Flintstones toes because I need a laugh tonight, Imma play along

So then said negro asked me what size shoe do I wear and what color my toes are painted

I then proceed to tell said crazy foot fetish freak I got my feets bounded chinese style so I can fit my dogs in toddler shoes and they are painted crackheaded powdered doughnut lips white

He said I am playing and I said so are you sir 0_o

Lawd there are some weird folk on these sites

Do you post full body pics? Trying to get pics together and see if I need to take new ones.

I did. I wanted them to truly know what they're getting, a BBW. This way most of the guys I communicated with liked big women. I also made sure that saw my pics too. Because I didn't want them to get too far then be disappointed. You know many would just look at your avi pic and nothing else.

I'm noticing a pattern. A few women in the Relationship thread, me, and even Patty from Millionaire Matchmaker met their SO on POF. I think Patty is engaged now.

So im back on okcupid after like a 2 month break. I will never do POF again, yuck. Maybe ill try match if the groupon is still there.

I did. I wanted them to truly know what they're getting, a BBW. This way most of the guys I communicated with liked big women. I also made sure that saw my pics too. Because I didn't want them to get too far then be disappointed. You know many would just look at your avi pic and nothing else.

I'm noticing a pattern. A few women in the Relationship thread, me, and even Patty from Millionaire Matchmaker met their SO on POF. I think Patty is engaged now.

Oh that's good! I'm on Match and OKC. Match was a waste of money, not one date and I'm only getting messages from men old enough to be my father.

I even put in my profile the type of guy I like. I may need to be a little more blunt.

But I will never pay for another online dating site again.

I may give POF a try though, if Patty found a man for free; imma going to jump on her band wagon.

patti stanger is full of it. not referring to the person who originally mentioned her bc i dont know anything about her, but all the women i know that follow patti stangar like the messiah are delusional as hell. that tells me everything i need to know about her.

i stopped really dating for the past month because i didnt feel like i wanted to. i still dont feel like i want to now, to tell the truth, but im gonna do it anyway. i feel like the indifference and aloofness i feel right now is only going to be a positive thing dealing with men. on the one hand im like i dont even want a boyfriend right now, why bother? but on the other i feel like, welp, im not doing anything else why not? so.... its wackness.

that being said, i have a date this week with a guy i had been wanting to ask me out for awhile. he suggested an evening picnic on the beach. and while im concerned that thats a retarded idea - what are we gonna sit there and do if we turn up and don't like each other? and i cant drink to make it better because im driving - im kind of into it too. so i am gonna go and err on the side of optimism.

then i have another guy that i wrote off that im bringing back in the picture just because, why not? need something to do. we might end up meeting this weekend.

my apathy is uncontrollable :lol:

im noticing that white men who view my profile have sneak hints on theirs that they are into black women... its usually just a song lyric...

message me if... "youre not a player, you just crush a lot"

the most private thing im willing to admit.... "we all self conscious, im just the first to admit it"

my self summary... "i can say i hope it will be worth what i give up"

what im doing with my life... "im dumb enough to ask for a date with lauryn hill."

i mean...

really...

im noticing that white men who view my profile have sneak hints on theirs that they are into black women... its usually just a song lyric...

What did they have as a ethnicity preference?

I was reading a guy's page with a TLC lyric but he was only interested in white and Latina girls.

I really need to move. I am so over reading profiles of guys who are successful, in good shape and attractive and they want to date everything under the sun except black women. I would like to add that the black guys that contact me are usually successful, but they sorely lack the attractive and in shape parts.

I try not to internalize the wack "studies" perpetuating this black women are undesirable.

patti stanger is full of it. not referring to the person who originally mentioned her bc i dont know anything about her, but all the women i know that follow patti stangar like the messiah are delusional as hell. that tells me everything i need to know about her.

i stopped really dating for the past month because i didnt feel like i wanted to. i still dont feel like i want to now, to tell the truth, but im gonna do it anyway. i feel like the indifference and aloofness i feel right now is only going to be a positive thing dealing with men. on the one hand im like i dont even want a boyfriend right now, why bother? but on the other i feel like, welp, im not doing anything else why not? so.... its wackness.

that being said, i have a date this week with a guy i had been wanting to ask me out for awhile. he suggested an evening picnic on the beach. and while im concerned that thats a retarded idea - what are we gonna sit there and do if we turn up and don't like each other? and i cant drink to make it better because im driving - im kind of into it too. so i am gonna go and err on the side of optimism.

then i have another guy that i wrote off that im bringing back in the picture just because, why not? need something to do. we might end up meeting this weekend.

I'm right there with you.

Don't give up on finding love online, Ladies! I never thought I would but I did. :yep:

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Cosigning this. Even though it wasn't til death had my exh who I met online for 20 years. That's more than most relationships these days.

I also recently met a decent guy and it's only been 2 months. Better than the luck I've had with meeting rl.

There is hope!

I really don't know much about her but my point is a lot people down the free sites but people are having success. I had to wade through some serious foolishness but there's more traffic. I had more opportunities to practice because I'd been with the same man half my life so I never dated. The other sites seemed dead. Match was famous for sending me matches that didn't even list that they would date black women. Waste of money. Also a few guys on Match that contacted me only had one thing on their mind so not much different than POF.

I really don't know much about her but my point is a lot people down the free sites but people are having success. I had to wade through some serious foolishness but there's more traffic. I had more opportunities to practice because I'd been with the same man half my life so I never dated. The other sites seemed dead. Match was famous for sending me matches that didn't even list that they would date black women. Waste of money. Also a few guys on Match that contacted me only had one thing on their mind so not much different than POF.

This is true. My SO and I met a year ago online. It happened when I was busy working and was planning on actually deactivating my account. I'm so glad I didn't.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I guess these are the beginning stages of the disappearing act. We have talked or text every day for 3 weeks,but this morning he completely ignored my text. We haven't talked all day. I am so hurt.

futureapl

Hopefully something unusual is up and he isn't trying to pull the disappearing act. I understand how it feels, it does hurt something terrible. :nono:

When will guys get that if they lose interest, for whatever reason, it's more considerate to just tell the person they are no longer interested?

Met a guy from POF whom I had been talking to for a few weeks. Our meeting up has been delayed by business travel. Well, two things that stood out: 1. He's much younger than me (although I don't FEEL the age difference, I wonder how it affects what we each want in a relationship) 2. We have off-the-wall chemistry.

So, we'll see... Still talking to other men who approach me.

outspokenwallflower

He's been texting me all day today. Apparently, he just had a busy day yesterday. I guess I jumped to conclusions. I was really hurt yesterday though. It's weird because we aren't even official so I kind of feel like I should still be in that I don't care mode but I actually have feelings for this guy. This is not like me at all. I'm usually really guarded. When should I bring up the what are we talk or should I just wait until he says something?

outspokenwallflower

He's been texting me all day today. Apparently, he just had a busy day yesterday. I guess I jumped to conclusions. I was really hurt yesterday though. It's weird because we aren't even official so I kind of feel like I should still be in that I don't care mode but I actually have feelings for this guy. This is not like me at all. I'm usually really guarded. When should I bring up the what are we talk or should I just wait until he says something?

I think you should wait and let the guy bring it up. =)

On to me! Haha
I hate it when I look at the photos and like the words then I see the guy does not prefer to date black. My heart drops a bit. Oh well his loss.

outspokenwallflower

*poof paranoia*

Last edited:

On to me! Haha
I hate it when I look at the photos and like the words then I see the guy does not prefer to date black. My heart drops a bit. Oh well his loss.

Ditto! I haven't even tried to touch that subject. :lol: He's been hurt in the past and can come off a bit as trying NOT to be emotional, so I'm just letting the good times roll.

What did they have as a ethnicity preference?

I was reading a guy's page with a TLC lyric but he was only interested in white and Latina girls.

I really need to move. I am so over reading profiles of guys who are successful, in good shape and attractive and they want to date everything under the sun except black women. I would like to add that the black guys that contact me are usually successful, but they sorely lack the attractive and in shape parts.

I try not to internalize the wack "studies" perpetuating this black women are undesirable.

Keshieshimmer... there isnt one. i only use okcupid.

On to me! Haha

That has happened to me on several occasions. I personally think that if the person says that they aren't interested in black women then we shouldn't be able to view their profile. I'm not sure which site your on but on Match they put the guys preferences on the bottom after their about me section. It's really annoying. It's like putting your perfect man in front of you only to say he has no interest in you. It hurts.

That has happened to me on several occasions. I personally think that if the person says that they aren't interested in black women then we shouldn't be able to view their profile. I'm not sure which site your on but on Match they put the guys preferences on the bottom after their about me section. It's really annoying. It's like putting your perfect man in front of you only to say he has no interest in you. It hurts.

Yeah I do match. They send me the matches via who has emailed me. Even the daily matches have the everything but.

I cancelled my membership and told them the reason why.

since i figured i dont want a boyfriend, i decided to start messaging guys first again instead of the 100% passive tactic of waiting for them to contact me. it put a severe damper on the action i was getting. now i have like 5 guys on the table :rolleyes:

since i figured i dont want a boyfriend, i decided to start messaging guys first again instead of the 100% passive tactic of waiting for them to contact me. it put a severe damper on the action i was getting. now i have like 5 guys on the table :rolleyes:

This is exactly how I met my boyfriend. I initiated contact and had several men interested until I met him. The passive route wasn't working at all for me.

Back