***Online Dating Support Thread***

meeting another new guy tonight. i'm not sure if i'm going to be interested so i picked a place i've been on like 3 first dates before. i'm not even putting a lot of effort into hair/clothes. it's raining, ain't nobody got time for that. :lol:

Need help with response. This is the first time the guy has messaged me. I'm a D cup and in all of my pictures, no boobs are showing. But I have one picture where I was wearing a shirt that was a little more fitted. So you could see the curvature of my breasts.

He's a construction worker. I don't think he meant to be offensive, but still....

Him: Nice Curves :)

Me: Thanks......I think I will edit the picture.

Him: Why would you edit them?

Need help with response. This is the first time the guy has messaged me. I'm a D cup and in all of my pictures, no boobs are showing. But I have one picture where I was wearing a shirt that was a little more fitted. So you could see the curvature of my breasts.

He's a construction worker. I don't think he meant to be offensive, but still....

I would have not responded and blocked him. That was his first ever message to your right?

I mean you are who you are. I don't find anything wrong with his compliment......

pre_medicalrulz you may be right.

I signed up for their 6 month plan. The men that are contacting me are PRETTY GOOD matches!!! Of course there are a few, I'm totally not interested in, but I can't complain about the selection.

I was on OKC, total waste of time. And I signed up with POF just to see, if I would get any hits......nothing.

I'm so glad I have been following this thread and listened to my girlfriend. Match so far has been worth the money, hopefully, I can get a few dates and meet a high quality guy.

OHHHHHHHHHH SHOOT!!!!! I just figured out how to multi quote all by lil self! :grin:

It seemed that way, yes.

I did the highest (6 months) agreement and I had a surplus of potential men and great dates! SOME HOW my paypal thought my payment was a fraud from the site so paypal SOME HOW contacted the site and the site had my account deleted before my 6 months were up. When I found out, I decided to sign back up but do the lowest package (2 months). SMDH! The layout page was different, the matches they started sending daily were totally totally different and NOT from my City AND the potentials DISAPPEARED! :ohwell:

I would have not responded and blocked him. That was his first ever message to your right?

I have heard a lot worse....maybe I'm just jaded

nadaa16 and crlsweetie912 that was his first response to me ever. I wasn't offended.

But I want him to understand, outside you're beautiful, please don't make a habit of complimenting my body.

Maybe this is a good time to let him know I'm practicing celibacy. :lachen:

I've been chatting with this guy....he seems to have so many qualities I am looking for. Plus, we have A LOT in common. But something in the far crevice of my mind is this feeling that he has less than noble intentions (sex on the mind, maybe), and that maybe he's stringing me along. As a matter of fact, as I write this, I truly realizing that I should step back. Yeah, as much as I think he's a good fit.... I'm going to step back.

Yes or No is what I think.

I truly believe the good men will reveal themselves. It's just that simple, no matter what they put on their profile or what you put on yours.

I also believe men only think they know what they want. Therefore, I would tell them on the second or third date (not the first because they need time to realize they just want you).

Now you're a lively, enchanting, and most importantly intelligent woman, right? If they see that, they will work for you and give you what you want. The guy I'm seeing is doing just that because I'm making myself the prize, not just sexually, but companion-wise.

I think some of us are marriage-minded. So the right match is the man who is a man. Meaning he respects you and your beliefs/lifestyle. Any good man will take your celibacy as a sign that you don't need him. Any good man wants a non-desperate woman.

I told the guy I'm seeing I don't need him to take me out or to date or anything. A couple weeks he later told me if he was a lesser man I would've scared him. Hmm...and he's still around.:rolleyes:

Men love woman who are confident about their choices.

prettydarkthing
Perhaps I'm a bit slow today. Can you please clarify what you meant?

I guess he was cute although I don't typically go for blond and blue.

He was very patient with me and my crazy teenage puppy and I felt very comfortable with him. Conversation was easy. I didn't feel any intense physical attraction. I definitely wouldn't mind spending time with him again.

I think I'm going to stick with these super casual first meetings, I loved how easy it was to "get ready" when the "date" was taking the dog on a walk.

I've been getting messages but none of them are of teh calibier I prefer so I have just been reading them, glancing at the pics adn deleting them.

I think the fact that I look younger than I actually am is bringing pervs out.

a 40 year old messaged me. im in my mid 20s. i must be desperate to be considering replying. he's cute and 6'5 though :ohwell:

I am late 20s, I thought I was open to the 40 year olds until they started popping up, and then I realized I am more comfortable in the 30-36 range. You gotta go with your gut.

when men give you their number and ask you to contact them do you straight up tell them this wont work or just ignore them until they get the message?

I've been chatting with this guy....he seems to have so many qualities I am looking for. Plus, we have A LOT in common. But something in the far crevice of my mind is this feeling that he has less than noble intentions (sex on the mind, maybe), and that maybe he's stringing me along. As a matter of fact, as I write this, I truly realizing that I should step back. Yeah, as much as I think he's a good fit.... I'm going to step back.

They all want sex Love. I realized we as single woman can't run every time we feel like a man just wants to get to know us sexually. I am sure if he is as great as you think he is many other women feel the same. And many types of women, meaning easy woman that make it hard for woman like us. He may be use to a certain type of woman, but if you want him make him desire your type of woman. Still participate in getting to know him and try not to shift your actions. Men are simple creatures and don't get it sometimes. But he will realize your change in action and deem it as you are not interested. I find that these days men are tired of the chase. In this day an age we now have to put in some work too. Let him learn you and teach him your worth. ;-) God speed.

I told the guy I'm seeing I don't need him to take me out or to date or anything. A couple weeks he later told me if he was a lesser man I would've scared him. Hmm...and he's still around.:rolleyes:

I meant exactly what I wrote, sounds harsh, but it's who I am. I'm at a point in my life where I don't need a significant other, I can be very independent. I enjoy him, but I don't need his company, and most men respect that. It also seems to keep them on their toes. :yep:

prettydarkthing
Thanks for clarifying. I understand now--kind of like being alone but not lonely...(the ideal way to be):yep:
I guess it can go both ways, men can either love it or hate it.

They all want sex Love. I realized we as single woman can't run every time we feel like a man just wants to get to know us sexually. I am sure if he is as great as you think he is many other women feel the same. And many types of women, meaning easy woman that make it hard for woman like us. He may be use to a certain type of woman, but if you want him make him desire your type of woman. Still participate in getting to know him and try not to shift your actions. Men are simple creatures and don't get it sometimes. But he will realize your change in action and deem it as you are not interested. I find that these days men are tired of the chase. In this day an age we now have to put in some work too. Let him learn you and teach him your worth. ;-) God speed.

DancingAlison
Good points. Thanks. When you say try not to shift my actions, do you mean try not to step back?

Hahaha...yeah, I love this YT channel. I just wish they updated that show more frequently.

prettydarkthing
Thanks for clarifying. I understand now--kind of like being alone but not lonely...(the ideal way to be):yep:

DancingAlison
Good points. Thanks. When you say try not to shift my actions, do you mean try not to step back?

Hahaha...yeah, I love this YT channel. I just wish they updated that show more frequently.

Me too! I wish they did too. As for what I mentioned yes! Don't fall back, just observe and keep an opened mind. But show him why and how you are a good woman. I was starting a new thread about the Game Changing but it did not load and I lost all I wrote. I will try again cause I think we need to have a real discussion about this. We keep doing the same things expecting something new and we need to adapt.

prettydarkthing

DancingAlison

Me too! I wish they did too. As for what I mentioned yes! Don't fall back, just observe and keep an opened mind. But show him why and how you are a good woman. I was starting a new thread about the Game Changing but it did not load and I lost all I wrote. I will try again cause I think we need to have a real discussion about this. We keep doing the same things expecting something new and we need to adapt.

DancingAlison I'd be interested in reading that. Tag me when you post it! :yep:

I can't stand getting messages from white guys that feel they have to talk slang to me because I'm black. I mean some of them may just be that way but come on! " Holla at dis white boy." Seriously!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

stay away from RONESCO21, RONESCO and Chivalry100 his okcupid name. This was my boyfriend. Ladies you are warned. He doesnt use condoms and he's sleeping with multiple women

Ok....I'm in the online dating pool.

Had my first date on Saturday. It went well but I don't know if we'll go out again. He hasn't asked yet but knows my schedule is kind if full for the next week or so...,

Have another date on Weds. I'm really excited for this one. We're both transplants from the same area which is kind if crazy. I'm hoping our personalities jive....

I also started seeing one of my male acquaintances. He's super sweet but I need to keep my options open for now.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Okay, why did I just get this message? I need that "I'm sick" emoticon...it may be time to say goodbye to online dating.

hello hi my name his tariq just was showing u love i no im not your type at all ok my bday in 2 days but i love your 3 pictures i love your feet im a feet guy ill put in my phone save it ok by love

Back