***Online Dating Support Thread***

Going on my first online date tonight. If ya'll don't hear from me in 4-5 hours... you know what to do.

Jk. I hope. Fingers crossed this isn't as awkard as I think it'll be.

Thanks!

Date went well, we met at a hookah bar and talked all night. Guy was cool, respectful funny and met all the check points. I see him better a friend though, which is really all I needed. We're going shopping together tomorrow for a dress for me to wear to a navy Christmas ball he invited me to on his ship. I'm just glad I finally get out more.

It really wasn't weird or awkward at all either, anyone looking would've thought we already knew each other. So for the record, online dating isn't too bad at all! Just requires a little patient, and of course a woman should be picky and careful with who she decides to meet because I know well enough that there are bad people.

Met this guy online. We did a very casual meet-up today at a coffee shop and played Scrabble. It WASN'T a date so I'm not sure of the follow-up protocol. He asked me at the end of the meetup if I would be interested in coming to a small Scrabble meetup he usually attends and I told him yes (we are Scrabble fans). Note that neither of our intentions right now focus on a serious relationship, but on something more casual that could eventually lead to that. My instinct is to not initiate any contact with him and let him reach out but I'm not sure if that's necessary considering that we're not trying to date. What do you ladies think? Should I tell shoot him a "I had a great time" text or leave it be?

So yesterday I got lost and destroyed all possibility to go shopping, so instead me and the same guy from last time had coffee, went to the movies and had dinner. He paid for everything, but the theatre we went to was mad sketch, and when he holds open the door he does it the half way instead of fully stopping, holding open the door, and letting me go first. And he didn't text me to make sure I got home safely, although he texted me today. Call me high maintenance but the door thing really did it for me. Plus he's from New York, kinda noisy for my tastes. And Jewish. Not a bad thing, but he fills the stereotype in being a penny-pincher and having an abnormally sized nose. But I do LOVE hanging out with him, so friend box he goes.

Second meeting today was with another guy who works on a farm. He introduced me to all the horses and let me pet and walk them, then took me for a ride on the four wheeler. It was super fun! But I'm not overly attracted to this one either. He has a very, very strong attitude. *sigh*

I'm making more friends than potentials. That's not a bad thing though, I like having friends. I just feel like my standards are through the roof, and I'm aware that I'm dwelling on a past relationship for some crazy reason...smh. I'll enjoy my dates but stop looking for love so hard, I know for a fact that it will come out of nowhere, and it will slap me hard. :)

I wasn't able to go bowling with younger guy do to illness so I rescheduled for this week. He's quickly becoming a friend and I really need that right now.

Match is ok I have only had contact with one person worthwhile. I went on a date Friday and it was blah. I think some of the culture issues were too hard for it to flow. It was nice to get out and mingle though.

Dude: .what's your stance on being in a female-led relationship?

I sa wthat message in my email like 3 hrs ago and I havent responded. LOL what does this mean? Is he asking if Im a domme or something? :lol:

has anyone done a free trial with Match and then unsubscribed before they were billed? I want to avoid a fee right now, but want to read my messages.

I did that before years ago and my friend did it 2 years ago (read her emails, wrote back, went on dates and is still with one guy she wrote back). I was signed up, but not subscribed to Match until October (round 2). I subscribed and wrote back on of the first guys that wrote me. I went on a date with him and 1 other guy. Kind of feel bad that I didn't see anyone else... Anyway, it seems like it's worth signing up and then like 3 weeks later going ahead and subscribing. As long as you sign in enough for your profile to pop up in online searches. Messages that are 30 days old are deleted.

Just wanted to update, I've been dating this guy I met on OKC for almost two months now and we are really serious. He deactivated his page a week after meeting me and on our second date he asked me to be his Queen. He's a really nice guy and I like him a lot...We're moving very fast and it's scary but like a roller coaster you don't want to come down from the high. He's met some of my family, (not by choice) He picked me up from one of my aunts house and instead of waiting in the car like I asked him to, he knocked on the door and introduced himself...I met some of his family as well. I don't want to share too much here but I'll say this, I will never turn up my nose at online dating again

Up until a couple of months ago, I thought it was for desperate and old people who lacked social skills. My thought was if you're 20-30s, intelligent and attractive you should have no problem finding a suitable SO. I low key still kind of have a stigma I attach to online dating but I don't have those strong feels anymore. I'm really happy my friend convinced me to give it a try, I am having a great time with a wonderful man right now who treats me like a queen even if it doesn't last, no regrets

I've been playing around with online dating for years now and I think I'm going to retire from it. I don't see anything wrong with it for others, but it is just not my thing anymore. I use it too much as a crutch and for that reason my social skills have not improved much. I think this means I need to start taking a chance offline! :yep:

Just an update.... Heather's sister flew out yesterday to Vegas. She wouldn't disclose to anyone if it was pleasure or for business. :sad:

Went out with younger guy last night, who I guess I should call him #1 since older guy is no longer in the picture. Ladies, we had a six. hour. date. We went to eat in Chinatown this we took a foot tour around the Mall. We watched people ice skate, saw a few monuments that were lovely all lit up, went to eat again (lol), and walked through a sculpture garden. At one point I teased him because he likes to disappear from one side and then pop up on the other. He looked at me for a second and said, "you know the best way to keep track of me?", and stuck his hand out for me to hold it. Ya'll he looked so hopeful that I would take it, that I could help but be like :blush3:. He was very happy that I did. If we broke away for a second because of high sidewalk traffic or something, he'd grab it back as soon as he could. At one point he offered me his arm, which a man hasn't done in years. He seemed almost proud to have me hanging on to him.

We talked for a long time about our life experiences and he admitted to me that he's never had a real solid adult relationship despite being 31. I don't think it's because he's a psycho or anything (that'd me me), but he comes across as someone who is very socially awkward. I know this sounds weird, but I seriously think he's mildly autistic. Something about him is "off" enough for me to notice it, but not so much that I'm uncomfortable. He's never does anything embarrassing, but sometimes he seems really unsure if things are appropriate or not. I can almost see him considering whether it's ok to initiate a hug despite the fact that I hug him every time I see him and kiss him on the cheek. Also he hesitates to say things that, once he finally gets out, are totally OK. Dunno. I'll have to observe him more.

He extremely fair skinned and we had a talk about his ethnic heritage. I told him he has a German profile but looks Irish head-on. He thought that was hilarious because he is indeed German and Irish. Then we got on the topic of skin color and he told me that he's always found tan and brown skin to be more attractive. He said we "look healthier". He did make me laugh because he admitted that he thought black women were exotic because he lived in a place where there were NO black people. He moved to Virginia and then we became common. :lol:

Went out with younger guy last night, who I guess I should call him #1 since older guy is no longer in the picture. Ladies, we had a six. hour. date. We went to eat in Chinatown this we took a foot tour around the Mall. We watched people ice skate, saw a few monuments that were lovely all lit up, went to eat again (lol), and walked through a sculpture garden. At one point I teased him because he likes to disappear from one side and then pop up on the other. He looked at me for a second and said, "you know the best way to keep track of me?", and stuck his hand out for me to hold it. Ya'll he looked so hopeful that I would take it, that I could help but be like :blush3:. He was very happy that I did. If we broke away for a second because of high sidewalk traffic or something, he'd grab it back as soon as he could. At one point he offered me his arm, which a man hasn't done in years. He seemed almost proud to have me hanging on to him.

We talked for a long time about our life experiences and he admitted to me that he's never had a real solid adult relationship despite being 31. I don't think it's because he's a psycho or anything (that'd me me), but he comes across as someone who is very socially awkward. I know this sounds weird, but I seriously think he's mildly autistic. Something about him is "off" enough for me to notice it, but not so much that I'm uncomfortable. He's never does anything embarrassing, but sometimes he seems really unsure if things are appropriate or not. I can almost see him considering whether it's ok to initiate a hug despite the fact that I hug him every time I see him and kiss him on the cheek. Also he hesitates to say things that, once he finally gets out, are totally OK. Dunno. I'll have to observe him more.

He extremely fair skinned and we had a talk about his ethnic heritage. I told him he has a German profile but looks Irish head-on. He thought that was hilarious because he is indeed German and Irish. Then we got on the topic of skin color and he told me that he's always found tan and brown skin to be more attractive. He said we "look healthier". He did make me laugh because he admitted that he thought black women were exotic because he lived in a place where there were NO black people. He moved to Virginia and then we became common. :lol:

Awe, how sweet..... your story made my day (yup, kinda sad). I'm just living vicariously through your date...

SN: I presume he may be closer to having Asperger's Syn as opposed to Autism.

Awe, how sweet..... your story made my day (yup, kinda sad). I'm just living vicariously through your date...

SN: I presume he may be closer to having Asperger's Syn as opposed to Autism.

It's OK. Sometimes it's good for us to live vicariously though other people's pleasant experiences. I find people who do that tend to be more positive anyway. Other folks try and shoot you off your cloud 9.

Asperger's is a possibility. He doesn't have a lot of the symptoms, so it may be mild if it's there at all. He does often ask me if I'm enjoying myself or if I like being with him. This Saturday he asked it again so I rolled my eyes and asked him what he thought, and he said, "I guess you are and you do, otherwise you'd have left and stopped answering my calls".

Last edited:
So I deleted my OKC and now I'm itching to try more online dating... I'm not bringing the OKC back that's like the 3rd time lol. Has anyone tried Zoosk? It looks a lot like facebook, not sure if it'd be promising or not. I've already ruled out POF, hate the layout.

Guy #1 and I are getting along very well. We have gotten together every weekend and talk everyday via chat or phone. At this point, I'm not really interested in dating other guys. I'm just having so much fun right now. Do you all think it's too soon?

Ummm:ohwell: just an update for those who remember. The missing.Heather's ATM card has a hit in Las Vegas Nevada. No one knows if it was her for sure because the camera caught a person using it clearly disguised. Her sister has loss over 70lbs since September when all this occurred.:sad: She went from a hefty size 20 to now about 8. But what's crazy she set up an acct on POF.

@supersweet Can you tell us Heather last name? Do you have a picture of her and her brother? I will definitely post their info on FB and have friends and fam do the same. It is so weird that the media hasn't reported anything on this. lease keep us updated/

Last edited:
I'm still seeing the guy I met in October. I like him a lot. We're both going away this week and I already miss him. We both still have Match profiles.

I'm kind of like, not sure when to get rid of my profile. When do people normally do that?

I think I'm keeping it up until he brings it up.

@supersweet Can you tell us Heather last name? Do you have a picture of her and her brother? I will definitely post their info on FB and have friends and fam do the same. It is so weird that the media hasn't reported anything on this. lease keep us updated/

God_Favor

Sorry im just seeing this. I will ask her cousin for an update. I haven't heard anything since her sister went to Vegas. I'm not sure if Heather was there. The P.I. had kept a low profile on the case. He asked people not to say anything. Why I dunno.

Last edited:
Really??? Very odd case.
God_Favor
Just so you know the case isn't in ATL. So most likely it wouldn't be on news there. But from what I gathered it's more to the story than what I've been told. I just re-connected with that family this past year after many years so im not too sure of their character or lack thereof..:ohwell: So many rumors came about I dunno what to believe.:sad:

Back