***Online Dating Support Thread***

okay ....today ....wait for it.....he loves me.....LOL....poor thing ...he's really cute.....but...I haven't said anything to him like that at all. I've said things. like. is that your real picture, why did your wife die and why does your profile say VA but you're in Nigeria ....I'll let y'all know if he ask for money.

okay ....today ....wait for it.....he loves me.....LOL....poor thing ...he's really cute.....but...I haven't said anything to him like that at all. I've said things. like. is that your real picture, why did your wife die and why does your profile say VA but you're in Nigeria ....I'll let y'all know if he ask for money.

it's probably not his real picture.

:dead: at chop your dollar. Yahooze!

I tried this out last night and just couldn't do it. There were guys who seemed perfect but weren't interested in IR, and there were guys that I just wasn't at all into hitting up my inbox with lame unthought messages, or already asking me out to dinner...umm no. I just don't feel right at all trying to meet someone online. I guess part of it is deep down I know I'm not ready to date, and looking for someone is never as good as just finding someone. I think I'll put the dating thing to rest until I figure out what to do with myself.

I'm so through. I'm never giving out my number on match.com ever again. I may never even use match.com ever again.

the men there have only proven to be predators, closet racists, and insecure bastards.

I just can't be bothered. I've spent 20 minutes of my evening trying to get one guy's number blocked.

Since when do men feel entitled enough to attempt to taunt women? What happened to the days when a man was thrilled to even get a date with a woman??!

Ugh. I'm so over it. I'd rather be single.

LivingDol1 said:
I'm so through. I'm never giving out my number on match.com ever again. I may never even use match.com ever again.

the men there have only proven to be predators, closet racists, and insecure bastards.

I just can't be bothered. I've spent 20 minutes of my evening trying to get one guy's number blocked.

Since when do men feel entitled enough to attempt to taunt women? What happened to the days when a man was thrilled to even get a date with a woman??!

Ugh. I'm so over it. I'd rather be single.

Omg! How what happened? How was he taunting you?

I'm done with online dating for a while. I'm over it.

Omg! How what happened? How was he taunting you?

I'm done with online dating for a while. I'm over it.

my subscription ends in 8 days. i don't think i want to sign up for anything for a long time. i'd rather take my chances in person. it's so difficult.

I posted my story in the Single Ladies Support Thread. It's so ugly and not worth repeating. Like I was visibly upset when i was trying to get him blocked on my phone. this behavior is unacceptable from a supposed 35 year old man.

My subscription on match will expire the 17th of this month. I haven't found any matches on there, and I've been on there since July, I think. The few guys I somewhat connected with never panned out, so I never followed through with a meeting with them. I'm 36 and I get so pissed when late 40's, 50's, and 60 year olds send me messages and winks. So I don't plan on renewing. Chemistry.com is confusing as heck, and I haven't found anything there either.

I decided to try plenty of fish since it was free. I decided to do the free site since I haven't had any luck on 2 paid sites. Some of these dudes are as dumb as a doorknob. These 35 year old men write like a 10 year old typed their profiles. It's really sad. I have had more message conversations on pof compared with match, though. The problem is, I get bored easy. If the convo is just full of "great and you", "good and you", I get bored, and stop responding. I did give 1 dude my google voice number, but he was a "good and you" dude, so he's history. At least I haven't wasted my money on pof like I did with match. I almost deleted my pof account tonight, but I minded myself its free, so ill keep it to see what happens.

Boredom and my roommate made me reactivate my match sub. I already want to hide my profile. I'm gonna do a quick search, send winks if someone looks interesting then hide that sucka tomorrow.

Went on a pretty good date with reality show guy last night. After 6 hours with him I think I can see why he is the way he is. Not so sure that's a good or bad thing yet. Only time will tell.

He is fine as hizell in person though. I tried my damndest not to stare so hard ya'll.

I do have a date tommorrow night and one the night after with someone else. Hopefully they're great dates as well.

I had a great date with the guy I started seeing a few weeks ago. I walked into his apartment to find the table set, complete with cloth napkins, napkin holders and, of course, a candle. He made a really delicious meal. I've decided that he can do all of the cooking. The next day we had breakfast, strolled through some outdoor markets. It was fun.

Then I had a date with another guy on Sunday. It was an old date that was planned well in advanced and then postponed due to Sandy. I'd canceled all of my other dates with guys b/c I want to see where things go with the guy above before trying anything with new guys and there are other blasts from the past trying.
This was a guy that I dated late in the spring/early summer but he was waay too busy for me so I nipped it in the bud. At least I knew he was honestly busy-busy juggling 3 positions, 2 of which are public, but whatev. We went to a nice dinner. I hope that one of these guys follows through and is consistent. And honestly has time for me. When a guy is new and we're just getting to know each other, I like to see him twice a week or so.

Well, I had a date last night with a Match.com member. We only chatted online for about 30 minutes before he asked me out. He took me to a nice place in Old Towne and then we walked and talked about almost an hour. He emailed me late last night asking to see me sometimes this week. I’m quite happy. I’m not into teenage swooning mode, but I must admit it’s nice to feel wanted. He didn’t try and crap or say anything that would make me “red flag” him. In fact, he took a very short call from another Match.com woman and told me about it because he wanted to give me “full disclosure”. I thought that was hilarious considering he just met me 3 days ago. He didn’t even have a conversation with her. He just asked if he could call her back later. Still, I appreciate the honesty.

He’s an army reservists, one year younger than me, never married but wants to wife up eventually, reserved (though I got him laughing and telling stories about himself by the end of the date), white, nerdy in a good way, and has a nice smile. He's so much like me when it comes to IR dating. He thinks the idea of a more racially mixed country is a good thing, calls people out on staring at us like we shouldn't be laughing and talking together, would tell anyone who doesn't like the idea of a mixed race child to go to hell, and understands that black women and white men do not have a good history but that can be overcome. :yep:

Ladies, even if this does not go anywhere, it’s nice to have a pleasant interaction with a man. Mine have been so crappy since my divorce years ago.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I unhid my POF profile yesterday. Mandatory positive, I've gotten 30+ messages over the course of 24 hours. Unfortuantely, I had to delete all but one. I conversed with that one dude last night. He seems to be a really nice guy. Intelligent with meaningful conversation. It sucks because I'm not remotely attracted to him physcially. :(

Why do I think he's full of ****.

About Me
I'm a professional man of color searching for 'MY QUEEN'!!! I've learned that Immature Love says: I LOVE you because I NEED YOU! MATURE LOVE SAYS: I NEED YOU because I LOVE YOU!! It's true we don't know what we've GOT until it's gone, but we don't KNOW what WE'VE BEEN MISSING until PAUL ARRIVES!!! (SMILE) I desire 'MY QUEEN' to be very down to earth, Independant, Sensual, Caring, Compassionate, Passionate and most important Romantic because I'm a HOPELESS ROMANTIC!!! ** Not looking for the Woman who has loved a 100 different men but THE ONE WOMAN who KNOWS HOW to LOVE ONE MAN a 100 DIFFERENT WAYS!!!**
Someday, someone might LOVE YOU in a way you've Always Wanted. If that someday was Yesterday, LEARN! If that someday is Tommorow, HOPE! If that someday is Today, CHERISH! WILL YOU LET ME CHERISH YOU?

First Date
I may be ONE person to the world but I want to be The World to ONE person! I reach to God, to touch my soul! I reach to a Book, to gain Knowledge! I reach to the sky, to touch a star! I REACH TO YOU TO TOUCH MY HEART!! If you have these characteristics, you know what to do! I BELIEVE COMING TOGETHER is a BEGINNING, STAYING TOGETHER is PROGRESS, and WORKING TOGETHER IS SUCCESS!!!
Life is Short, BREAK THE RULES!
FORGIVE Quickly,
KISS SLOWLY,
LOVE TRULY,
Laugh uncontrollably, and NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE!!!
There may be many Flowers in a Man's Life, but there IS ONLY ONE ROSE!! Are You MY ROSE?
Quote or thought of the day, week or month:
Grown Woman:
Girls leave their schedule wide-open and wait for a guy to call and make plans.
Grown women make their own plans and nicely tell the guy to get in where he fits.
Girls check you for not calling them.
Grown women are too busy to realize you hadn't.
Girls make you come home.
Grown women make you want to come home.
Girls want to be spoiled and 'tell' their man so.
Grown women 'show' him and make him comfortable enough to reciprocate without fear of losing his 'manhood'.
Where is My Grown QUEEN?

Because there's barely one original thought in that entire essay, just a bunch of damn quotes.

Yes, no original thought. I couldn't articulate it. Argghhh.

Now this other guy just sent a message. All it said was "yes lawd" WTF. I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous these dudes are. DELETE

I'm probably going to hide my profile again before the end of this week. In the meantime I just got a message from a guy that I would actually be interested in getting to know better.

I'm on OkCupid checking out this guys profile. I have a date when him on Thursday and I was pretty excited about it. Anyway, I'm looking through those silly little match questions when this ish pops up:

"Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?"

His answer, Yes.

LMAO...Dude, what the hell are you going out with my black a$$ for if you strongly prefer to go out with out with someone of your own race?!?!

I feel like bringing this up to see what he'll say,lol.

Ya’ll, the white men on Match.com are bringing their A-game. They seem to have the more well thought-out emails. You can tell by their message that they read my profile. They tend to point out how we are similar which is good. Come on black men. STEP UP! I loves me some black men too.

I'm on OkCupid checking out this guys profile. I have a date when him on Thursday and I was pretty excited about it. Anyway, I'm looking through those silly little match questions when this ish pops up: "Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?"

His answer, Yes. LMAO...Dude, what the hell are you going out with my black a$$ for if you strongly prefer to go out with out with someone of your own race?!?! I feel like bringing this up to see what he'll say,lol.

Because you are probably pretty. I find men aren't good with theory. They can't conceptualize being attracted to someone who is not of their race until they actually see a pretty face that belongs to a woman outside their race.

Last edited:
Ya’ll, the white men on Match.com are bringing their A-game. They seem to have the more well thought-out emails. You can tell by their message that they read my profile. They tend to point out how we are similar which is good. Come on black men. STEP UP! I loves me some black men too.

Because you are probably pretty. I find men aren't good with theory. They can't conceptualize being attracted to someone who is not of their race until they actually see a pretty face that belongs to a woman outside their race.

That does make sense, thanks. That answer just really threw me off.

I don't want to get caught up in a situation where I'm his hidden love interest until Kelly or Becky comes along... :ohwell:

"Would you strongly prefer to go out with someone of your own skin color / racial background?"

His answer, Yes.

LMAO...Dude, what the hell are you going out with my black a$$ for if you strongly prefer to go out with out with someone of your own race?!?!

A man might strongly prefer to go out with-- date, be with, maybe start a relationship with-- someone of his own race, but he'll still sleep with whoever.

Consider treading carefully with him if you haven't considered it already.

ETA: Not that that's always the case. I date interacially a lot and with very few exceptions, I was the guy's first Black date or girlfriend, just because. Sometimes the opportunity doesn't arise or whatever. The guys I met online didn't state a racial preference, though.

Last edited:
and there lies the difference.

Maybe. The guys that started as friendly acquaintances or the ones I met when out with friends may have stated a preference on their profile if they had one. I don't know. I'm just saying that some guys probably don't think about it much until they're presented with someone of another race that interests them. And other guys have thought about it, but, hey, perhaps they want to try something on for size.

Me, personally, I don't write back to or meet guys who state a race preference that doesnt include me even if I see that they change their preferences to include Black women or select No Preference. Naw, dude. I just don't feel like it; I don't have the desire to be less than some guy's ideal. I could be missing out. Idk

But, regardless of race, there will always be guys out there trying to just have sex.

Ok, I wanna ask you guys if you think this is a red light. This is about the only guy that I thought was cool on okcupid, the rest were boring, sent messages that were too pointless for me to reply to, or we're doing too much or too damn perfect; there's such thing in my world. Im young and would rather deal with someone I can grow with.

Now this dude is deploying in jan so...no point there but I was interested in just talking to him and having a male friend in a similar field. Before I consider ever meeting him or hanging with him, I wanna make sure I'm not getting into Anythibg weird. We text back and forth and sent a few pictures (nothing weird at all). He sent me a hey beautiful text after work, and my last replay before this pic is that I just took a shower and was chillin.

image-4122098725.jpg

Tryna figure out if that's a total red light to not try to hang with this dude. I'm not concerned that he may want sex, cus that's normal, however I don't want to get myself in a situation where he could become aggressive, if that makes sense. Opinions?

Ok, I wanna ask you guys if you think this is a red light. This is about the only guy that I thought was cool on okcupid, the rest were boring, sent messages that were too pointless for me to reply to, or we're doing too much or too damn perfect; there's such thing in my world. Im young and would rather deal with someone I can grow with.

Now this dude is deploying in jan so...no point there but I was interested in just talking to him and having a male friend in a similar field. Before I consider ever meeting him or hanging with him, I wanna make sure I'm not getting into Anythibg weird. We text back and forth and sent a few pictures (nothing weird at all). He sent me a hey beautiful text after work, and my last replay before this pic is that I just took a shower and was chillin.

View attachment 177435

Tryna figure out if that's a total red light to not try to hang with this dude. I'm not concerned that he may want sex, cus that's normal, however I don't want to get myself in a situation where he could become aggressive, if that makes sense. Opinions?
That would be an instant delete for me...:nono:

Uhhh... well you seem like you wanna friend zone him. My male friend will sometimes try to be cute like every so often but I put him in his place.

However, for some1 u haven't met yet id file that away. Its IS inappropriate for a stranger. Wouldn't necessarily cut him completely off...yet. sounds like he testin to see where your head is at.

Uhhh... well you seem like you wanna friend zone him. My male friend will sometimes try to be cute like every so often but I put him in his place.

However, for some1 u haven't met yet id file that away. Its IS inappropriate for a stranger. Wouldn't necessarily cut him completely off...yet. sounds like he testin to see where your head is at.

EXACTLY. :yep:

True! I didn't text him back after the smile, so that I could see where HIS head was at; if he'd lose interest, that is. Haven't heard from him today. Case closed!:spinning:

Back