***Online Dating Support Thread***

You know you got someone when you don't even have time to log on to LHCF :giggle:.

Either I have been seriously cuffed in disguise or I officially have a boyfriend. I mean he saw me drifting away & acting non-interested and FLIPPED THE SCRIPT!

Got in his car, drove 2 and 1/2 hrs across state lines to see me on the SAME day he questioned me about acting indifferent..he just didn't give a damn that I had stuff to do...He said "that's fine, i'll just book a room and when you get time, swing by" He saw me last Saturday, 2nd date the following Sunday, 1st kiss on Sunday and by Monday, I'm his girlfriend, he's my man and he told me to claim it. :look:

It all happened so fast. This is just day 10 and so much has been talked about and discussed.

I met him on OKCupid. I think I'm still in a little shock.

You know you got someone when you don't even have time to log on to LHCF :giggle:.

Either I have been seriously cuffed in disguise or I officially have a boyfriend. I mean he saw me drifting away & acting non-interested and FLIPPED THE SCRIPT!

Got in his car, drove 2 and 1/2 hrs across state lines to see me on the SAME day he questioned me about acting indifferent..he just didn't give a damn that I had stuff to do...He said "that's fine, i'll just book a room and when you get time, swing by" He saw me last Saturday, 2nd date the following Sunday, 1st kiss on Sunday and by Monday, I'm his girlfriend, he's my man and he told me to claim it. :look:

It all happened so fast. This is just day 10 and so much has been talked about and discussed.

I met him on OKCupid. I think I'm still in a little shock.

Yay!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!

This guy:
vgsnrr.jpg

said this:

( PS you cant be over a size 12 sorry)

Try again boo.

So any updates?? This story is sooooo weird and shocking!! No t.v. reports about a brother and sister missing for weeks on your local news yet??

Nope. No updates. I think the local neighborhood paper is gonna run a story. :perplexed The police are acting as if this is a normal case. And now with NYC in ruins :nono: I just dont know what to think...... But her sister is trying.

This guy:
vgsnrr.jpg

said this:

Try again boo.

It's always a "3" with so many qualifications in order to be with them.:lol: He needs a seat!

Aww hayle naw.....smh
He's the type that thinks he's ALL THAT too.:sad: And their mama's and sisters are the ones pumping their heads up.

So I'd given up...and out comes this older dude outside my age range asking me to give him a chance...he's REALLY out my range. 54. My cap is 50...

But... I do like free meals, so we shall see!

Match has a winking feature and I agree with the fact that your profile may not get seen by guys but I've never used that feature.

What I do if I see someone I'm interested in is view their profile so that I show up in their visitor list. That's worked for me on OKC and that's how I got contacted by this current match.com guy. I viewed his profile and he emailed me that night.

This is what I do, too. I'll check out there profile so I show up in their list. Or I'll select them on the Daily Matches thing so they know I'm interested. If a guy winks, I just wink back and if he isn't subscribed he better hop to it.

Ok I'm out done for the day. This 44 year old messeaged me. Homeboy you 44 you will not say in your profile I'm a intellctual gansta. I was out done. Then writes me a 3 page memo as he states. I can't you have nothing for me at 44 years of age I have learned my lesson.

Match.com guy and I have the best conversations, great chemistry. We are supposed to have our first date this weekend. Will be interesting to see what, if any kind of chemistry we have in person.

Went out on a date tonight. So I'm like a really awkward person (I think I am) but the guy was super awkward and shy...it was kind of cute, maybe he was just nervous. Seems like a cool guy though.

One guy just started messaging me, I'm really interested based on his profile. I'm chatting it up with another guy right now (on the site's chat), he's kinda fine lol.

Now, im not feeling anyone online. Im jus turned off at the moment. I know physical attraction is important but damn can we get off the lust roller coaster. And im soo tired of men texting all the damn time..ninja don't you know how to have a phone conversation!!

ugh!!!!!!!;

So this dude that well I am not too attracted (and I have a lack of interest in) to called like a week ago and I finally listened to his message (I just called back and didn't listen and he didn't answer), he has an accent. I asked him where he was from and he was born in Barcelona but he isn't a Spaniard, he is African (where the accent sounds like).

This makes him even more interesting. Gosh I hope I find him attractive and we feel comfortable when we meet next weekend. haha.

How do yall feel about the guys that have profiles that have quote like qualities to it?
example:
I am looking for a woman beyond the norm. I am looking for a woman who know's her value and has values. A woman that knows true love exists because she is true love. A woman that hasn't been ruined by the past, because she knows she designs the future. A woman that is more of an asset then a liability.

I just can't with these guys. It doesn't seem real, ya know? I feel like every conversation will be deep or something.

SUPER SWEET wait what happened?
Nothing per se
Just the men in the 35-43 age group. :nono: It was awful.
Missing teeth
Bald spot and Bigen dyed hair
2-6 baby mama's
Terrible builds
Trying to re-kindle youth through clothing

And their writing skill level, umm nothing but slang. :ohwell:How can a grown man even approach with WUZ UP? :perplexed

Nothing per se
Just the men in the 35-43 age group. :nono: It was awful.
Missing teeth
Bald spot and Bigen dyed hair
2-6 baby mama's
Terrible builds
Trying to re-kindle youth through clothing

And their writing skill level, umm nothing but slang. :ohwell:How can a grown man even approach with WUZ UP? :perplexed

LOL, I think I said this upthread, this thread has me convinced that online dating is a bust, it seems that all the lowlives know about it now and they are permanently "parked" there stinking up the place with their BS. If I ever become single again, I don't think I would go this route, Ya'll have scarred me for life, lol.

So, I went on date #4 with the guy last night. We had dinner at a South African restaurant (soOo good) and then saw War Horse @ Lincoln Center. It was really great.

I spent the night and then we grabbed brunch and walked around outside together. I love his perspective on things and the way he seems to genuinely care about others. I think it's kind of rare in men in NYC. And he is sweet. I love when he kisses my hand. I feel comfortable, but I don't feel bored.

I looked at his Match profile and he hasn't been on in a week. Of course, he could still be seeing women, but I'm going to tell myself that he doesn't have the time. He wants to get lunch this week and make plans for the weekend.

I'm hoping for the best!

This dude who screen name is Mclovin does not get it when he is being respectfully rejected. He asked me out tonight after me ignoting his past 2 messages to me. Stupid me said that I would have to decline. 1 I am not interested and 2 the date would be almost 2 hours away.

Then he messaged back: can we exchange numbers?

I had 2 potentials the I e-met on POF one I have a date with one on Friday. So we will see. Of course I should take my own advice but he works long hours sat through tuesday and we don't live in the same city. I am just wondering when I would get to see him. I am trying to graduate and I need to be at school during the week.

Of course this would not matter to me if I were attracted to him.

The other one, I believe has lost interest because we do not have our usual long email exchanges. I guess that it is for the best because he was 4 years my junior anyways.

Then this other one just started to chat last night and had ask for my # and stupid me gave it to him. He texted me today and I threw my phone back into my drawer.

Last edited:
Keshieshimmer why you throw your phone in your drawer. He trying to get to know you honey.

I was getting good matches when I first created my account but after a few days POF has been back to a fail. I don't think dudes read or can. I mean really I say I want a man with certain qualities and you come at me like no. No do not message me saying hey sexii you fine..

Back