***Online Dating Support Thread***

Keshieshimmer why you throw your phone in your drawer. He trying to get to know you honey.

I was getting good matches when I first created my account but after a few days POF has been back to a fail. I don't think dudes read or can. I mean really I say I want a man with certain qualities and you come at me like no. No do not message me saying hey sexii you fine..

His profile and photos do not speak to me. haha. I am not excited anymore about dating.

Well my two potentials has went down to 0.5

One hasn't emailed in 2 days.

The other said that he would call and now it is day 3 and last night he texted me "MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!" ok, but you said that you would call and did not. I am not interested. I should not have to remind you to call. We still have a date scheduled w/ time and everything because I like a time not something ambiguous. The place is a bit pricey so I still want to go. haha

I am talking to this other guy but he is too short for me and has a house already and I am not sure that I want someone like that. He also seems to want a family and frankly I do think that I will have kids, but talking about that now freaks me out. Yes I am 28 but I feel like I haven't lived yet.

Gah!

I winked at 2 professional BM on match last night and one actually winked and emailed back.

Ladies, this NEVER happens to me. Only 1 professional e-BM has ever responded to my anything. Of course, on their profiles they have race preferences as anything BUT black so, of course. I talked to others and in the summer when I was e-dating only 1 BM actually met in RL. They are really something else around here, I tell you.

However, the yt men are always falling out the woodwork unsolicited, so go figure. :/

PBM left a nice PM and I sent a quickish response, apologizing bcuz I'm at work but wanted to get back to him and let him know I read it. I closed saying I'd love to talk more tonight.

Hope this one will at least talk on the dang phone...

Eh Im the type that doesnt like men thinking they're more of the prize than me so if you dont believe in that, ignore me and my gibberish :lol:

If you do call him, dont let the convo go for too long..15-20 mins max..if then and he had better be the one to call the next time.

lol! Fela, you know I straight stopped in my tracks and thought...ohhh no! I epic failed already! :lol:

OK, I will call and break the ice. After that it's in his court. Letting him know I might be interested and its up to him for the chase. Yes, the call will be very short.

Thank you FelaShrine.

Well my two potentials has went down to 0.5

One hasn't emailed in 2 days.

The other said that he would call and now it is day 3 and last night he texted me "MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!" ok, but you said that you would call and did not. I am not interested. I should not have to remind you to call. We still have a date scheduled w/ time and everything because I like a time not something ambiguous. The place is a bit pricey so I still want to go. haha

I am talking to this other guy but he is too short for me and has a house already and I am not sure that I want someone like that. He also seems to want a family and frankly I do think that I will have kids, but talking about that now freaks me out. Yes I am 28 but I feel like I haven't lived yet.

Wait, you're not sure you want some one with a house? Care to explain?:drunk:

Gah!
I winked at 2 professional BM on match last night and one actually winked and emailed back.

Ladies, this NEVER happens to me. Only 1 professional e-BM has ever responded to my anything. Of course, on their profiles they have race preferences as anything BUT black so, of course. I talked to others and in the summer when I was e-dating only 1 BM actually met in RL. They are really something else around here, I tell you.

However, the yt men are always falling out the woodwork unsolicited, so go figure. :/

PBM left a nice PM and I sent a quickish response, apologizing bcuz I'm at work but wanted to get back to him and let him know I read it. I closed saying I'd love to talk more tonight.

Hope this one will at least talk on the dang phone...

I've noticed that as well.....um, I don't get it. When did this become the norm?

SN: I've had sevearl nonblack dudes send me an email, yet their profile has preferences of all kinds EXCEPT black. :perplexed

I've noticed that as well.....um, I don't get it. When did this become the norm?

SN: I've had sevearl nonblack dudes send me an email, yet their profile has preferences of all kinds EXCEPT black. :perplexed
IDK. It's a real sad state of affairs :nono:. I mean the yties are OK, but...I'm not really feeling them right now?
___
SN: sent PBM my number as a response. We JUST got off the phone. OMG...he seems so cool. Hell... might have to hook it up before the weekend is out.

Wait, you're not sure you want some one with a house? Care to explain?:drunk:

The 28 year old in me would love a guy who is ready to settle down. The 20 year old in me is intimidated because I have never had a real relationship and the thought of just jumping in all the way to the other side is super scary for me.

I am being stupid though. Just the kids talk without me ever really having a stable relationship does not sit well with me.

Just deleted my profile. I don't know what I am doing. I will graduate in May and who knows where I will end up. It is probably not smart to start anything anyways (unless dude is loaded and can fly to see me or me see him).

BTW last dude to chat with me has 4 MUG SHOTS. DUI, suspended license, no insurance, violation of parole. Dude needs to do better.

Okay, I officially give up on dating. I can't take it anymore. The low grade men who don't wanna put effort into the whole thing. The cancellations etc. I'm just done. I'm gonna go join a cult, I'm sure I'd get better action there..........LOL!

Anyone have any luck with christian mingle. If I do the online thing, I wanted to meet a decent guy, but is it just like the rest?

Anyone have any luck with christian mingle. If I do the online thing, I wanted to meet a decent guy, but is it just like the rest?

I tried christian mingle and it was a desert land for me. Probably my location though. I'm in the Midwest. There were mostly white guys on there and they weren't into the whole interracial thing so most would not reply. The lone brotha I met on there was really nice but his sexuality was questionable.

I know this probably won't get read...but there is a Guy on okc...really cute....profile says states but he told me he's in Nigeria ...o thought scam...gave him my email. I would love to post the email to see what someone else thinks ...now he says babe...( I hate babe) I want to call or text u....mind you...I am move in babysteps....he sent me pictures but I can't open then..his profile pic is so cute....that's the only reason I'm interested.

Yes. Like 90% white dudes. Maybe 1 raisin out of 20. Lol

I just assumed that its because there's more wm doin the online dating thing percentage-wise

EMAIL NUMBER 1

I am so glad to let you know about me , I am ***** by name and I am originated from Jervis Bay Australia....I lost my dad when I was 16 years old and as well as my mom 3 years ago,I have a lil girl she is 3 years.... My grand dad is from Jervis Bay Australia but my grandmother is from west Africa Nigeria, so that all about mt family background, so after the death of my parent so I decide to stay in Long Beach but currently in west Africa Nigeria taking good care of my sick grandmother cos she felt ill of malaria and Pelvic dislocation, so i had to take her to the hospital for better treatment... and I'm down Earthly man and I'm here to look for a God Fearing woman and Caring One as well Talking about who i am and who will take me for who i am.i so much believe in honesty,love,caring and talking of someone who will be there for me in times of difficulty,am a man of faith that motivate you at any giving time....am here to look for my shining star and hope to see if the lord will lead you to me and makes us a lovely couple, I am that easy going type,open minded and a good listener.am the type that love to make my woman happy at any giving time and i can make you too happy not until we are one,but can put the heart of happiness in you .I laugh a lot and try to make people around me all the time happy.My hobbies are too many I love swimming, taking walks down the park, observing nature, running and walking, i also love cooking and taking walks by the sea side,I'm passionate about a candle light dinner with i and my partner holding hands together and sharing intimate things about each other. sports,watching movies, going for walks, playing with kids, listening to all types of music, dancing in the dark etc. My favorite movies are romantic movies,drama, I love suspense, eating habits: just about anything.My hair is black which is one of my most attractive features.I am 6:2 tall,with brown black eyes average in weight, and i don't want any Games Scene on here, it's because it really hurt me,when i was hurt in my last relationship,my Ex was into Drugs and she has the heart of cheating while i love her with my heart..My mother was a pretty simple, old-fashioned person who lives an UN-trendy life and who doesn't have much time for the things that are popular now. She would usually have to choose sleep over entertainment, enlightenment and self-exploration.But right now she is dead and gone,and hope to meet in heaven when my own time comes.....i love my mom with all my heart and was hoping that the woman i will marry will have that kind of heart my mom does,but i never find that in her at all....My last relationship ended on a very sad note for me but I do not believe in regrets. I tell you this because I cannot predict the future.I am very relationship oriented and I believe life is too short to waste. When I am in a relationship I am committed, honest, and loyal. I think that falling in love is always a good thing, even if it doesn't work out. There is always something to learn from being with someone, and happy times and memories should be cherished. Friendship comes first for me. That is not to say I never get hurt because I do.. I have been burnt so bad.and I'm looking for a nice woman like I said earlier, I'm not into the clubs and I don't smoke and I'm pretty much looking for someone that is the same. Now don't get me wrong I'm a very fun person and can make fun of any situation. I'm just looking for everything I need in one woman.i am currently in West Africa for my sick granny, am into boxing ,and I am an orphan cos I lost my dad when I was 16 and My mom had a breast cancer, right now am having a visit to see my sick Grand Mother in the West Africa cause of my granny property which is to be claimed by me..but i will be leaving soon as everything is settled (hope you are not discouraged). OK I'm done for now and I'm turning the table back on you... If I still sound like someone that you want to know then by all means let me know, I may have what you need. Hope you had a Good Day and looking forward to read from you soon[/quote]

I tried christian mingle and it was a desert land for me. Probably my location though. I'm in the Midwest. There were mostly white guys on there and they weren't into the whole interracial thing so most would not reply. The lone brotha I met on there was really nice but his sexuality was questionable.

Is this prevalent in the Midwest?

Ok, I just started chatting with this guy and he're his last message:

"And dont get me wrong but its very hard to find a descent girl of my race to date because either they are so proud of no achievement or too educated to need a man. But i know that people with roots from outside of USA tend to be more grounded and level headed :-)"

Now I know, there are some women out there that fit the above description. But generalizations like this simply irk me. :perplexed

nc cutie said:
That's the email---does his story seem real?? He sent me pics too!

I was waiting for him to ask you to send him money. Or he will send you a check from selling his property and you just have to wire him the cash.

Back