***Online Dating Support Thread***

I started a single ladies support thread... that should encompass dating as well. Didn't tag anyone--dont wanna get shut down before it's even started!

Yes you can:look: on pof just go to the website but don't log in. At the top click the Search button. That's one if the first things i did and do it periodically. Got to check out the competition. You may be surprised to find that there isn't much :look:

Ok so I just did this and some of the girls are cute. But supermodels I do not see. I am not sure why I do so bad at this. I am not Quasimodo.

Sigh.
I've had two days of emails with a guy that's not my type but I thought i'd go with it. He seems ok and he asked if we could speak on the phone. I said yes, this evening. He said to message him when I'm settled.
So I messaged him and asked him if he was settled (obviously implying that I am). Expecting phone number in reply, the guy replies with, 'yes, I'm settled, are you?:perplexed
I replied, 'are you going to give me your number so I can call?'.
No reply.:perplexed

Last edited:
Bublin said:
Sigh.
I've had two days of emails with a guy that's not my type but I thought i'd go with it. He seems ok and he asked if we could speak on the phone. I said yes, this evening. He said to message him when I'm settled.
So I messaged him and asked him if he was settled (obviously implying that I am). Expecting phone number in reply, the guy replies with, 'yes, I'm settled, are you?:perplexed
I replied, 'are you going to give me your number so I can call?'.
No reply.:perplexed

I'm starting to believe that a lot of these guys are online because they have absolutely no social skills and would be paralyzed if they had to approach a woman in real life........

Er...I jumped to conclusions - he gave me his number and we have been talking all this time. We are meeting on Saturday and he said he'd find a nice restaurant.

He's 9 years older than me and white. My only concern is that in person he might look like my adopted dad. I'm sometimes told I look 10 years younger than what I am (I'm 36).

I've been talking with a guy I met on OKC. He want to drive down from DE next Saturday for lunch or dinner. He implied that I should pay for the meal. It kinda made sense since he is driving so far. Or am I wrong and he should pay? Maybe he was joking when he said that?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HE should pay!!!!! Do NOT set that precedent at the outset or you will be coming out the pocket ALLL the time! TRUST.

I've been talking with a guy I met on OKC. He want to drive down from DE next Saturday for lunch or dinner. He implied that I should pay for the meal. It kinda made sense since he is driving so far. Or am I wrong and he should pay? Maybe he was joking when he said that?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

No ma'm don't pay for nothing..... Sometimes I think men online test us to see what they can get away with.

I say to myself who has raised these men ...:nono:

No ma'm don't pay for nothing..... Sometimes I think men online test us to see what they can get away with.

I say to myself who has raised these men ...:nono:

You better not pay for his meal. You are worth the drive AND the meal!!

HE should pay!!!!! Do NOT set that precedent at the outset or you will be coming out the pocket ALLL the time! TRUST.

You ladies rock! Thanks for the sound advice. This attempt for long-distance online dating (my first) had my thinking if the dating rules would be differ. For the guys I have met locally online, this is an non-issue. But I will stick to my guns with this guy :yep: (if it does happen...I don't hold my breath anymore when it comes to dating)

so dude tells me after we have already set up a date that he has a 3 year old who lives in Colorado. Did not have that piece of information on his profile. He asked me if I am ok with that. I told him that I do not plan on dating men who already have children.

I need to stop feeling bad for saying that. I come from a single parent household and I image that my mom had to go through the same stuff. Not sure if the date is still on.

so dude tells me after we have already set up a date that he has a 3 year old who lives in Colorado. Did not have that piece of information on his profile. He asked me if I am ok with that. I told him that I do not plan on dating men who already have children.

I need to stop feeling bad for saying that. I come from a single parent household and I image that my mom had to go through the same stuff. Not sure if the date is still on.

@Keshieshimmer If you're definite about not wanting to date a man with a child then that's fine.

Otherwise don't be so hasty. Carry on talking to him. A date won't hurt. But always follow your instinct.
When I was 19 I met a 27 year old man. He told me had a 7 year old. 6 weeks into dating he told me had a 6 month old baby. I was devastated because I really liked him. He said because I was so young he honestly didn't think it was last more than 1 week and that he'd fall for me. He split with the mum before he knew she was preg. It was true, I had met her since quite a few times.
Anyways, long story short we were together for 8 years and he is the best dad ever. We were engaged but we split because I grew out of him and saw him as best friend. He is still my best mate today.

Last edited:

He should have mentioned it on his profile.

So going on week 4 of online dating. I'm kind of over it, but I know I haven't put in much effort myself.

Went on two dates so far. First guy seemed great on paper, had a good job, nice car, hobbies, seemed to be doing well for himself. BUT when we met he talked on and on and on about himself...very arrogant, I couldn't take it. He was pretty eager to continue to meet, started setting up dates,but I had to let that go. ASAP. While listening to him talk some major red flags popped up.

Second guy seems pretty cool. We had a delay on meeting bc I was busy, so we talked on the phone and texted for maybe 10 days. Had some great conversations. When we met we pretty much clicked. Still have been talking to him, but I have my reservations. I'm a skeptic and I just don't want to get my hopes up and find out that I got cuffed lol.

No one else has really caught my eye. I don't message people first, I only respond to whoever sends me a msg so I know that's probably limiting me but oh well. I don't know how much longer I'll stay on.

Just curious: what's the general consensus on meeting a guy for the first time if there's distance involved (say 2-4 hours)? For ex: If she's in VA and he's in MD, should he go down to VA or can they meet in DC?

Should he absolutely be the one to come to the woman's city or should they meet in a mutually convenient city? Is it sending the wrong message if she accommodates him or should he as the man make all the effort? I'm leaning towards the latter :look:

Last edited:
Belle Du Jour said:
Just curious: what's the general consensus on meeting a guy for the first time if there's distance involved (say 2-4 hours)? For ex: If she's in VA and he's in MD, should he go down to VA or can they meet in DC?

Should he absolutely be the one to come to the woman's city or should they meet in a mutually convenient city? Is it sending the wrong message if she accommodates him or should he as the man make all the effort? I'm leaning towards the latter :look:

I made it clear to my SO that I wanted him to come see me first and we are 6 hours away. You tell them what you want and they will oblige if interest is genuine.

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours.Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DreamLife be happy you get dates. I have never gotten that far with online dating .I feel like I barely get messages let alone phone numbers. But good you are sticking to your guns and not just taking anything.

I really don't know what to do about online dating anymore. I'm not in a position to pay for a site but the free ones I'm not hood enough or white enough for others ones.

@DreamLife be happy you get dates. I have never gotten that far with online dating .I feel like I barely get messages let alone phone numbers. But good you are sticking to your guns and not just taking anything.

I really don't know what to do about online dating anymore. I'm not in a position to pay for a site but the free ones I'm not hood enough or white enough for others ones.

I feel you. I think I am 100% done with it. I get messages but the way online dating is set up, the guys start feeling themselves way too much. I feel it takes away from the natural hunting process and makes the woman look over-eager, even if it's not true.

This one guy was stalking my pics and messaged me saying he wanted to get to know me so I said, sure. He proceeds to tell me that the women he has gone out with from online, "do too much to try to impress him". I was bewildered because this guy is a solid 5/10, nothing to write home about.

I know online dating works for some but the buffet mentality plus the communication medium being too casual for my taste leaves me dissatisfied.

Good luck to all you ladies who are having fun with it! It should be :yep::heart2:

You ladies as always are on point. So the guy I posted about upthread who was to travel to see/meet me then wanted me to pay for lunch brought it up again. I was feeling empowered (since I have nothing to lose) so I said there must have been a misunderstanding because it is not my MO to treat a guy on the first date and if it is a problem then good luck to him. He follows with "good luck with ur search smh." I'm SMDH and thankful to have dodged a bullet!!

deediamante said:
You ladies as always are on point. So the guy I posted about upthread who was to travel to see/meet me then wanted me to pay for lunch brought it up again. I was feeling empowered (since I have nothing to lose) so I said there must have been a misunderstanding because it is not my MO to treat a guy on the first date and if it is a problem then good luck to him. He follows with "good luck with ur search smh." I'm SMDH and thankful to have dodged a bullet!!

You done GREAT!!!!!!!!

shouldnt have even responded that broke bastid. Let him find his mule..:nono:

I should not respond to this right?

Why can't he type right?

Unless you want a ratchet penis then no. I get a bit miffed by dudes who types this way esp with the inital message as I feel your message is the first impression I get from you. If you can't take the time to write in clear English we don't have anything to talk about.

Yeah I knew I wouldn't message back. I didn't notice that he put n/a for a car and put that he has blue eyes. Now you know if a black person had blue eyes all the photos whould showcase that. Maybe he made a mistake.

Back